Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - babies arriving thick and fast

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 22-Oct-12 07:31:21
MadamGazelleIsMyMum Mon 22-Oct-12 12:39:38

Oooh, reminds me we need to think about music. Apparently we can take a CD into theatre for baby to be born to.

I think i'm going to put some of the songs we had at our wedding on my birth playlist.

I've finally managed to get a WC jab! Yay! Appointment is tomorrow when i'll be 35+4 so I should have a good two weeks until the baby shows up.

Detective or anyone else, do you have any experience of Meptid?

Lane81 Mon 22-Oct-12 12:46:25

Marking spot

Elizadoesdolittle Mon 22-Oct-12 12:50:56

Marking place. Am 37 weeks today. Baby needs to stay put a little longer as I have BIL's wedding this weekend. But I'm so ready for it, so it can arrive from a week today onwards. The 2nd or 3rd nov would do me nicely.

Poppet45 Mon 22-Oct-12 12:51:51

Hi all yellow wellies sis here. Her waters have gone n she's 3cm. If she can get to 6cm before the air amb arrives its an island baby otherwise its off to aberdeen. Fingers crossed!

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 12:52:03

No, I don't! I've been offered it for my home birth, but haven't gone for it. Fear of the unknown really!

It is used widely where I live apparently, but as I say, I've never used it or seen it used. And I have worked and trained in 5 different hospitals.

I haven't looked in to it to be honest. Although I probably should have! I just don't want anything other than gas and air, water, and my PR paracetomol!

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 12:52:40

shock

Bloody hell! Good luck YW!!!!!

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 12:53:39

It must have been all the intelligent talk last night!

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 12:56:18

And the threat of snow! grin

georgee Mon 22-Oct-12 12:56:43

Thanks for updating us poppet! There's already a big gap in the thread without YW's posts!! Send her all the best, crossing fingers firmly for the birth that she wants!

Wow! Good luck YW and thanks poppet for updating us.

Detective The midwife said that they don't tend to use it at the main hospital with the labour ward, just mainly on the birth centre. I', hoping I can cope with TENs, gas and air and the birthing pool. Just wanted to research options if my panic attacks decide to kick on and I wasn't sure if pethidine would make me more panicky with the feeling of spaced out. Meptid was promoted as being not as drowsy etc so i'd still be able to stay in the pool with it.

Off to do some googling

tits you are not annoying. We all come on here and let off steam. Fingers crossed for you that baby will show up before your due date. I really feel for you, it sounds like you have had little support medical wise.

I was supposed to be going to visit my auntie and her baby today. But with all the travelling and my hypnobirtbing class this evening it would mean being out of the house from 9am - 9pm and I just can't do it any more. I definitely started mat leave at the right time, I couldn't have done a week longer. She will be visiting next week anyway and totally understands as she was in the same position a few months ago.

StuntNun Mon 22-Oct-12 12:59:46

Thanks Poppet, poor YW having to get airlifted!

Fatima I decided not no take my iPod with me because I was worried I would go off any songs associated with labour pain! This stems from the fact that I can't listen to Led Zeppelin's When the Levee Breaks after getting stranded in my broken down car in a thunderstorm. Hilariously the engine was flooded.

blush I had to go and buy a bigger hospital bag this morning because I couldn't fit everything in to my admittedly small holdall. So now I have a small suitcase instead! But I wouldn't want I turn up at hospital with creased pyjamas would I?

Oh gosh, good luck YW. Lots of babies arriving now!

ComradeJing Mon 22-Oct-12 13:01:16

New thread already??

DH is going away tomorrow for a couple of days to some industry conference thing. Apparently he has caused all manner of upset for refusing to bring me too. Cue lots of shock faces and worry that we're going to create some major fuss for me not being there. That I'm past the last fly date so unable to fly and it's a 3.5hr flight (so not exactly practical to drive) is irrelevant and no one will understand why I'm not there. hmm To be clear it's not DH being a twunt - it's the organisers + whatever department at Dhs work that looks after this kind of thing who are both convinced we ABVU.

thanks to those who have had babies recently!

brew and chocolate for everyone in pain and discomfort that's all of us then? Not too long to go now.

It's 11 here so I'm off to bed. Night all.

StuntNun Mon 22-Oct-12 13:02:19

Detective I couldn't figure out the Spinning Babies thing. My baby is currently head down with his bum almost central, just a bit to my right side. Is that a good position?

MissMummy1 Mon 22-Oct-12 13:06:43

Bloody hell yw - all the best lovely! Are you headed up poppet45? If either of you need anything at all, give us a shout xxx (It's Isla btw!)

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 13:11:13

Head down is always good ;)

The back to your left is the best position, but really, any OA position is better than OP!

I know which way baby is now, as is easy to feel, apart from the head, which I struggle to feel if it is in pelvis or not! But I didn't get the kind of movements associated with the position it is in.

So now I'm not so sure about spinning babies....

For what it is worth, all my movements are right in my sides, pushing outwards, and in my hips. Right hip for LOA, left hip for ROA! It pushes with it's arms! Also the movements at the top of bump from the bottom as it swings from left to right! And there are no wiggles or anything! Just full on crashes and bangs hmm

It hasn't favoured a position yet grin

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 13:12:03

And it can push both sides out AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Chunkychicken Mon 22-Oct-12 13:20:59

Baby much more active now, as I'm sat waiting for a toasted teacake to arrive... Usually go for a cold can of coke if I'm worried too.

Good luck YW.

Feeling pants - all hot, sweaty & baby is pushing down when I walk & I think I'm getting BH. Stuck at Bluewater for the mo though, whilst DD eats lunch, then off to Specsavers for contact lenses check. sad

TiAAAAARGHo Mon 22-Oct-12 13:31:14

Good luck YW.

I'm getting really envious of everyone whose baby is already here.

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Mon 22-Oct-12 13:31:37

Good luck to YW

tits it seems like you and I are in the same situation literally. I'm on my last day of antibiotics for chest infection and finally feeling a bit more human in that sense. Pelvic pain is agonising and that's with the dihydrocodeine. My normal GP is difficult to get appointment with as she is part time and the other lovely one is now on her own mat leave so I have the choice of old bumbling Dr or the locum who doesn't know me. Its so hard especially with and older DC.

I have no hope of induction but I will try and mention again. He dismissed me so quickly last time and even my physio has said he is very against induction for SPD. I can only hope I go into Labour spontaneously like many others on this thread!

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Mon 22-Oct-12 13:35:28

Good luck YW.

Have been organised and planned next 3 weeks menus and shopping deliveries. Expensive as Sainbos deliveries scheduled, but worth it to take the thinking out of the equation. Should take me to a week and a half after baby and I come home from hospital. Before I go into hospital I'll do the next week's as well.

Now when DH and DD come home and wonder what I have achieved with my day, I have something to tell them. this clearly justifies me sitting on the sofa watching West Wing episodes and eating percy pigs for the rest of the afternoon

georgee Mon 22-Oct-12 13:44:03

V impressive MadamGazelle. I wish I was that organised. I envy you your West Wing afternoon. I'd get into serious trouble if I watched any on my own, we're currently on Series Five and averaging 3 a night. DH is completely addicted (such that every time the credits come up at the end he can't believe it as he seriously thinks it's about five minutes since the start!).

Box sets were a lifesaver after DD was born - we watched every single Poirot while I was feeding her in the evenings (yes we are quite old and sad). Any recommendations for great box sets from anyone once we've finished the West Wing?

Georgee Boxsets we have on stand by are Gossip Girl, Greys Anatomy, House, How I Met Your Mother and Robin Hood. Never watched West Wing, will have to look in to that

I have decided, after having a quick clean of the kitchen, that today my jobs are going to consist of things I can do in front of the telly/laptop. So writing a christmas list, making sure i've got everything for the hospital bag and looking at baby names. Might plan my week as well, impressed with the menu planning Gazelle. I've planned tomorrow night and maybe Wednesday and I'm out for tea on Thursday so I suppose thats a start smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.