Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - babies arriving thick and fast

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 22-Oct-12 07:31:21
ShellyBobbs Mon 22-Oct-12 11:42:34

Right, I really am off now (I'm putting it off because I have to hoover and do all the washing before I start on the fecking blanket).

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 11:47:50

Yes, see I have it all planned! And then I don't have to worry about graduating to the 3am club because I'll never sleep again anyway once the monkey arrives grin

Fucking Dominos just text me!! DOMINOS! What are they trying to do to me! 'We are now open for lunch from 11am 7 days a week'. Twats!

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 11:48:13

They clearly know who they are marketing to....

Iheartpasties Mon 22-Oct-12 11:48:27

20 threads? pretty good going!

little lovely to read your birth story. Thanks for sharing.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Mon 22-Oct-12 11:50:26

oooh, dominoes for lunch...

I wrote this post for the last thread then went to click send and it was full!!

Congraulations again littleLolly and Congratulations Nervous and Catbag thanks

Now that mat leave is under way I should be able to keep up with this thread a bit more.

DH and I went to spend the voucher I got from work, ended up getting the OiOi Hobo changing bag and it had £20 off so that's a bonus.
Can't remember who linked to the Storksak changing bags, i'd been lusting after a couple of Sugarjack changing bags, all the inside pops out so you can use it as a proper handbag afterwards as well, but they are of a similar ridiculous price range

We also went to look round the Midwife led birth centre at my local hospital that I didn't think i'd be able to go to, it was fab. Definitely want to go there. It was so relaxed and quite, basically anything goes and they want you to treat it as a home from home. Just have to hope I can get a yes from the consultant now.
It's started to make me look forward to giving birth now smile

Plans for today are a lazy day with odd bits of housework. I want to get the hospital bags sorted.

Is anybody taking an ipod to hospital for labour and making a birthing playlist? I am blush Going to go through my itunes and make sure I've only got appropriate songs and not loud brashy songs with swearwords that shuffle always seems to find shock

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Mon 22-Oct-12 11:51:20

Popping in to mark my spot.

My dad has just allied inviting me over so he can look after DD and I can rest. The nursery is closed today and he knows how much pain I'm in. They have a fab new couch which is super comfy so even if I don't go for a nap I will be nice and comfy. Its a nice dry day here so I think him and DD will be out in the garden.

I have antenatal clinic tomorrow at hospital and would love to be induced or even get a date to be induced. DH can't get away from work and I am not very strong in these situations so I doubt i will convince consultant as he seems so dead against induction. SPD gettin worse especially when I stand to walk, feels like baby is a bowling ball lying directly on that part of my pubic ramis that is painful sad

Mmmm domino's! I think i'm going to have eggy bread, yum

Catbag Mon 22-Oct-12 11:55:26

Morning! Just marking my spot. Feeling pretty jubilant today- 4 hours sleep between 1 and 5 this morning which is the most sleep I've had in a week. Feel like I could fight dragons grin

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 11:56:19

I just know my iPod will shuffle to 'Jizz in my pants', 'Do you like waffles' or 'Dick in a box'.

I can guarantee it!

I think i'll do a new playlist, but I was thinking of just using the hypnobirthing CD's as I find them very relaxing. Not sure if my choice of heavy metal and rock music will be relaxing enough, although it may perk me up! So I might do one just incase!

I want to work in a proper stand alone birth centre sad There are none in this area of the world!

Iheartpasties Mon 22-Oct-12 11:57:39

fatima the ipod playlist is a good idea smile

izzy can you perhaps just sob and cry and try and get through to the consulatant that way??

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 11:58:02

DP is making me some lunch as no ££ for Dominoes lunch sad When I say lunch, its breakfast for him, as he has finally stirred from his irritating snoring sleep on t'other couch!

Catbag Mon 22-Oct-12 11:59:44

Detective I just rofl'd so hard at the thought of 'Jizz in my pants' being on your labour playlist that I actually had to hold my stomach so as to prevent stitches exploding!

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 12:04:53

I'd not mind, except it isn't the first thing I want the baby to hear upon its arrival!

And knowing my luck... it would be!

Had a baby born (via c/s) to sexual healing when I was in my very early days as a 1st year student! Appropriate or not?! I couldn't decide! grin

Don't go busting a gut on account of me Catbag!

Detective I don't think you live too far from me do you? Although I think my birth centre might be a bit too long a comute for work.
I'm definitely making a playlist, I've just put shuffle on my whole itunes library and skipped through. Songs included "I just wanna fuck", "old before i die", "bootylicious", "gimme the light" and "needles". It's also made me realise there is some shit music on my laptop grin

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 12:08:57

I've just thought of another excellent reason why this baby must arrive on Sunday! It is half term the week after - DS would love to have the baby and a week off at the same time! I think he might explode!

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 12:10:14

Is the birth centre Hudds? If so, yes sad Too far for commute for me!

Oh, and I have 'Crazy Bitch' and 'Fuck you like an animal' on mine blush

Yes it is! Just been flicking back through old threads, I thought you were my side of Manchester but it appears I may have been wrong and you're the other side?

I think the dick in a box song would be fab grin My friend was made me a dick in a box for my birthday, out of paper mache! She's very artistic but obviously had too much time on her hands

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 12:21:23

I once got a real dick in a box. blush

In my single days. Wasn't DP. I thought I better add that!

I'm on the other side of Manchester, yes!

Iheartpasties Mon 22-Oct-12 12:26:18

Dick in a box? we need more details detective

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 12:27:19

It involved a box, a hole, and a dick cushioned in with shredded tissue paper. And a bow on the end.....

TMI ladies... TMI!

(I still have a picture ROFL!)

This is Dick in a box It's a spoof that Justin Timberlake did on Saturday Night Live

I'm still here ladies, thanks for thinking of me, I'm not posting so much as I'm sure my whining is somewhat annoying by now.

Nothing changed, still 100% immobile although an meant to be stopping Tramadol so baby doesn't get any withdrawals.
My midwife is on holiday now until my due date and the consultant is fully booked until after then too although last time I saw her she said all she can do is try to make life as comfortable until baby is born. hmm

Can't get whooping cough jab any sooner than next Wed when I'll be nearly 38 weeks either, erm my heating is broken, my roof needs replacing and I have a chest infection. All fab in my world!

I've kind of given up the fight to get support from any medical person at present tbh, just praying baby decides to appear sooner than later so I can resume life.

Good luck to everyone well on their way and congrats to everyone snuggling a newbie. smile

daisychain76 Mon 22-Oct-12 12:36:05

Marking place. My eldest son was, by coincidence, born to Babies by Pulp. Appropriate title, not so appropriate lyrics!

Going to watch Come Dine now to block out mental pictures generated by thedetectives last post!

Iheartpasties Mon 22-Oct-12 12:37:51

tits moan away, sometimes its good to get it all off your chest.

This thread is not accepting new messages.