Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The Broadly Gemini Luxury Bus

(985 Posts)
Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 16:57:27

Formally known as EDD late May/Early June etc etc bus, jump on here for tmi, moaning mutual support and free smoothies.

linky for new bus

MrsBri Tue 13-Nov-12 06:33:12

Poor Peardrop :-(

I'm going back onto a small dose of lactulose to counteract issues in the future!

And I just threw my water up, so I've joined you with my head down the loo!

peardrop2 Tue 13-Nov-12 06:30:49

By the way a little word of warning to those coming up to the second trimester. You may get a burst of energy just before 13 weeks...if you do for gods sake don't make my mistake and over do it! All that leads to is total exhaustion and a glamourous celebration with your head down the loo on the morning of your big milestone sad I really only have myself to blame grin DH is going to drive me to the dentist...lets hope I don't do anything embarrassing in the dentist chair shock

peardrop2 Tue 13-Nov-12 06:24:30

See it's good to share MrsBri! What's that saying, a problem shared is a problem halved? I'm deffinately put off hanky panky now...don't want any unnecessary alarms even though I know yours came from other issue

Frus I'm not sure I've found my fundus yet blush maybe it comes later for 1st timers!?!

MrsBri Tue 13-Nov-12 03:23:34

Ah, thank you trumpets! Hurrah for the resident midwife :-)

Not had any more on the 3 subsequent loo trips, so may relax a little now.

Mine is about in the same place, Frus. I appear to have a proper bump today (probably from all the bloat blush)

Mrs It's really common for some spotting at right around 8 weeks. This is the time that the placenta is starting to take over for hormone production and the corpus luteum is starting to reduce in size a bit, so there are some hormone fluctuations that can make you spot slightly. And yes, vigorous anything down there can lead to spotting too. The cervix is also very friable due to the extra blood vessels that are growing so sex or (pooing, I guess in your case) can lead to that as well.

That is a relief mrs you must drink more orange juice to help prevent vigorous pooing.

MrsBri Mon 12-Nov-12 22:23:39

We do talk a lot :-)

Spotting update: nothing on next loo visit. Dr Google suggests vigorous pooing can lead to spotting. Who'd have thought it?!

link to our new bus since we've practically filled this one we talk a lot grin

Mine rounds back in about an inch and a half above my pubic line.

Mrs imagine a grapefruit under your pubic bone, that is slowly rising up towards your belly button. But you can only see a tiny part of it. Like a tiny mini 6pack for your belly, just without the muscles, the top of mine is just under my knicker elastic.

MrsBri Mon 12-Nov-12 21:40:21

That's interesting to know, Jojo...shows it is possible. :-)

I still can't work the fundus thing out, Frustrated!

On another note, I can see where my fundus is. It dips in around the top and top sides, so is clear to see now, which just goes to show that my big fat making me look pregnant belly is just my gut

Jojoba1986 Mon 12-Nov-12 21:30:03

I had that <ahem> TMI bleeding issue last pregnancy... I completely freaked out & called the OOH GP. He called me back about midnight & was v nice & calming! blush

MrsBri Mon 12-Nov-12 21:28:58

I'll see if I get more next time I go to the loo. There's no extra cramping at all, so could be something and nothing.

Will keep my fingers crossed.

If it is worse I'll call the midwife.

It could be nothing mrs, and pear had a spot that was nothing serious, If you are worried a quick phone to the midwife may set your mind at rest, they really won't mind.

MrsBri Mon 12-Nov-12 21:16:42

Yes...I did check that too! All bases covered, as it were.

It was really tiny. Beginning to think I shouldn't have said anything as it could be nothing. :-/

Tmi mrs but was it from the front? the straining can, uhum, make you bleed from there

MrsBri Mon 12-Nov-12 21:08:44

Don't think I have a cut.

Serious TMI alert...I had a big poo which required a little, um, effort. That may have strained something! Sorry :-/

MrsBri Mon 12-Nov-12 21:06:52

Walking is clearly bad!!

No, scan was external. It was a very small amount. Have to see if it gets worse.

I'm at 8+2 today.

Could you have a small cut? <hopeful> take it very easy, lots of rest.

peardrop2 Mon 12-Nov-12 21:04:23

Was your scan internal?

peardrop2 Mon 12-Nov-12 21:03:29

Nicola don't worry I think it's ok. I had that one spot of blood on toilet roll at 9 weeks which is about where you are right? It happened after my walk at lunch why do walks do me harm!!

MrsBri Mon 12-Nov-12 21:01:28

It really is a tiny amount...wiped 4 times and only twice. And barely anything.

If you had a small cut and wiped it, it would be about the same. Not even like spotting.

Hmmm...see how it goes, I suppose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now