Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The Broadly Gemini Luxury Bus

(985 Posts)
Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 16:57:27

Formally known as EDD late May/Early June etc etc bus, jump on here for tmi, moaning mutual support and free smoothies.

kittykatskumkwat Sun 21-Oct-12 20:31:48

Mmmmm crisp toasted sandwich
.......That is all

You toasted the crisps kitty?
Did you have cheese with the crisps or just crisps?

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 21:02:46

If it isn't with cheese it isn't proper! :-)

And a little chopped onion mrs

<dreams of toasted bree and cranberry.>

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 21:14:45

DH just had the most awesome-looking medium rare burger. I can't order stuff like that well done, as it just isn't right, so had to just drool over his.

This pregnancy lark isn't very equal, is it? :-(

Not too bothered about onion in my toastie though!

kittykatskumkwat Sun 21-Oct-12 21:24:34

No it was toast with butter and prawn cocktail crisps folded in half and wolfed down umm ummm
Plain but yummy, I darnt put how many bags of crisps I've eaten blush

I have my meat well done and some at the best of times, I'm such an embarrassment to myself so I'm not doing too badly. who am I kidding?

1 multipack bag of 6 I presume. Am I right? I bet I am. grin

peardrop2 Sun 21-Oct-12 22:05:30

Omg I need to stop shopping for baby shower gifts!! It's becoming a bit like one for me, one for friend, one for me... blush

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 22:47:38

I reckon it was more like at least two multipacks of 12 bags...

MrsBri Mon 22-Oct-12 05:13:15

Ha ha, Peardrop, that's the way to go! May as well start getting stuff :-)

I'm up hideously early to come back to the UK. Boo!

My breasts have taken on a life of their own since we've been here too. I must be 2 cup sizes bigger already! I won't be able to see my feet soon. Or hide them from the eagle eyed gossips / bitches at work. :-/

kittykatskumkwat Mon 22-Oct-12 06:23:46

Oh the give away boobs wink
I wish I had them stupid small boobs!!angry
it was 5 just the 2 bags blush

peardrop2 Mon 22-Oct-12 06:45:59

I was looking at my pregnant friends boobs yesterday and they were tiny compared to my new set! I've gone up a cup size already. My honeymoon underwear no longer fits :-( Nicola baggy tops from now on to hide boobs and bulging tummy is the only way to go from now on I'm afraid :-/

I've gone for a long jumper with a big thick belt to disguise the bump. Looking good. in that it looks like I have podge rather than pregnant, got to be a good thing.
Never thought I'd see the day when I considered podgy to be a good.

Thundernonk Mon 22-Oct-12 08:28:20

Big boobs alongside podge bloat is good I reckon. Long tops strain over boobs and then are tented enough to disguise belly. That's what I'm sticking to anyway. And I'm still cramming the poor pups into my regular size bras...

My poor pups fit nicely into my bras due to my previous refusal to admit my boobage was shrinking

Thundernonk Mon 22-Oct-12 08:56:28

Am very tempted by maternity type soft bra for sleeping in due to very sore nipplage and huge boobs mean my head hardly touches pillow now

Don't sleep on your front then thund wink on a serious note; that's seriously sore. What about one of those cage things (like hospitals have) to keep the covers off you?

Thundernonk Mon 22-Oct-12 09:09:12

That's your serious note, frus?! Ha! I have an arm cage which protects the sore bounty and accompanied by an aggressive stare keeps OH from even thinking about touching.

Sadly this didnt work with the dog though, that left hook came from nowhere.

Lorelei353 Mon 22-Oct-12 10:07:19

Good morning. Like the new bus - roomy!

Had a pretty quiet weekend and didn't feel too awful for most of it. Went to a close friend's baby shower on Saturday. It was SO hard not reveal my news! All the talk of babies, childbirth, being pregnant... I was trying to ask questions but not reveal much. Got to say though the game where the mum-to-be had to guess what icky, brown, runny food substance was in each of 5 nappies did NOTHING to help my queasies. Bleurgh.

Also had a full-on attack of the weepies with my DH yesterday. Floods of tears over not very much at all. Felt quite silly blush.

Back to Monday morning work sickness now. Not enjoying this so far. How much longer am I going to be sick! I'm only 7 + 1 now. It feels like it could go on forever!

Serious note was that they are seriously sore. Is that not serious enough for you thund?
The cage thing wasn't the serious note. That was an after thought. grin does your dog have a tendency to punch you in the boob?

lore eew why would you want to inspect nappies? You wouldn't do that even when you have a baby. That's purely gross. <vom vom vom>

Thundernonk Mon 22-Oct-12 10:52:38

Yes ok that is serious enough frus. I thought the cage was what you meant by serious. He punched me right on the nip over the weekend. Yowsers!

I've never been to a baby shower, but of a new concept to me!

Lorelei353 Mon 22-Oct-12 11:01:44

I'd never been to a baby shower before either but the mum-to-be is Canadian, as is her best friend who organised it. I guess it's a thing there.

peardrop2 Mon 22-Oct-12 11:15:26

Hmm I've been to one a few too many of those 'fashionable' baby showers where you guess the baby food yuk yuk, pin the nappy on the baby and guess how big the bump is :-/ Deffinately don't want one of those parties when it's my turn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now