Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The Broadly Gemini Luxury Bus

(985 Posts)
Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 16:57:27

Formally known as EDD late May/Early June etc etc bus, jump on here for tmi, moaning mutual support and free smoothies.

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 11:56:15

Hurrah for the bank card! :-)

Yay to coffee thund wish I could have a coffee I'm making do with traditional cola, it has ginger extracts in it, so must be good.

It's not daft mrsbri I find I'm thinking about it whenever I get a cramp, which I didn't in previous pgs (think about it that is), but because I have something to compare it to it is easier to control, Iyswim. am fully aware that I would be a paranoid wreck if it was my 1st pg, as I have anxiety issues at the best of times.

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 12:09:43

I think it's totally understandable too. It's like all the conflicting advice you get on here too, it can do your head in. Luckily the benefits of MN chat outweigh the negatives once you try to file the anxiety side of things. Especially with all the support and wisdom on here.

I think with me for this #1 it just doesn't feel real and I can't imagine having a proper not just bloat bump or a real life healthy baby so it's almost easier to imagine that something's going to go wrong. Now that is daft.

Thank goodness for fresh coffee, home made croissants and dog-friendly bars.

Dog-friendly cafes?

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 14:52:55

It is natural, definitely. I'd be a gibbering wreck without you lot to talk to, I can tell you!

It is all surreal though...married and pregnant in the space of a week. I do wonder when I'll wake up!

Now onto something which has been amazing me: the speed my fingernails are growing at. I had them painted on 11th and there is already a 2-3mm gap at the bottom of each nail! I knew pregnancy was meant to make them grow faster, but that's bonkers!

And - TMI alert - massive glug of CM in my knickers today. Grim! I thought I was building a plug, not spitting it out :-/

mrsbri you are right, I'd be thinking married and pg within weeks was surreal too, but not as surreal as if you'd just started ttc when you got married.

Would love quick growing nails, mine a so brittle at the moment it's unfair.

TMI alert - Building plug yes, also getting rid of unwanted gunk. So loads of cm. vm technically but still normal to have high amounts in pg.

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 18:07:33

Unwanted gunk. Hmmmm

They say ears develop first, I'm wondering of thunderbean doesn't like electric blues as feel slightly crampy at this gig. Hope it's not bad crampy.

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 18:18:41

I have Googled cramping (with everything else) and it's generally considered normal as your uterus is stretching. Are you spotting with it? If not, you should be OK. Fx it stops soon.

And that is true, Frustrated.

I've always had fast-growing nails, but this is crazy. I'll give you some of what I've got going on, if you like?!

Proving a point about DH's mum...she sent 100 quid to his bank account for us to use here. You can bet she didn't tell his dad about that! Gonna be tricky. For her more than us, I think.

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 18:31:54

No spotting or anything like that. Have popped home from gig and it's stopped. Must be an aversion to the music! and I don't blame it

That's very sad about DH's mum. I expect she'll find it very hard to be near this GC and not be close. Makes me feel lucky to have a balanced relationship and stop moaning about it

thund the cramps are most likely because of the extra activity you are doing.

peardrop2 Sun 21-Oct-12 18:45:06

Thund I hope you're ok? I occasionally get crampy...sometimes it turns out to be just wind and I end up feeling silly but mega relieved for overeacting. Lets hope it's just wind for you too!

Nicola I have very strong nails too grin

Omg I've just had a lot of babies in my house for afternoon tea...I was so desperate to say something...damn the 12 ww!!!!

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 18:47:48

Didn't you say you got cramps if you weren't hydrated too, Peardrop? Have you drunk enough today, what with all the goings on, Thunder?

Or maybe it was the bad music!

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 18:48:18

Yeah it's fine, just minor really. I'm not worrying. I quite often get sharp stomach pains after eating and I have the opposite of your constipation issues, pear but they pass pretty quickly too.

Yeah probably the fact that I'm not on the sofa under a duvet. My body has gone into shock!

Ahh were you all baby broody, pear?

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 18:53:08

Ha...the 2WW has nothing on the 12WW, does it?! Even though it is actually an 8WW. Far too long, however it is. I wish I could have found out so much later in a way as then that's so many weeks' worrying you don't do. :-)

There you go, Thunder. You've learned now, and moving from the sofa / duvet is BAD!

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 18:54:46

Oh...and just for public record, my itchy nipples are driving me to distraction! Thank you for listening :-)

. I have the opposite of your constipation issues, pear but they pass pretty quickly too.

Literally thund? grin wink

peardrop2 Sun 21-Oct-12 18:59:26

I think I've overdone today too and not drunk enough water. Yeah Nicola I do get uncomfortable like now if I don't drink enough water.

Thunder they were sharing their horror labour stories :-/ one friend said I went white lol I had to pretend to drink wine aswell...uuurrrrr I so badly just wanted to say I'm having a baby too!!! Next time I see them will be at a baby shower two days before my scan...only the stealing the thunder prospect will help keep me zipped!!

peardrop2 Sun 21-Oct-12 19:00:38

Oooooh I learnt today that big roast dinners at the pub really help with constipation!!! May need this to turn into a weekly habit :-)

peardrop2 Sun 21-Oct-12 19:02:19

I'm wondering if conceive

peardrop2 Sun 21-Oct-12 19:02:32

Plus can be used with a Doppler :-)

I'm not sure your Doppler will have a greater chance of conceiving tbh pear

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 19:10:22

That's interesting to know, Peardrop! Definitely make it a weekly thing.

My initial constipation has been improved by making sure I drink plenty as well as eating more fruit and veg. Seems to be almost back on track.

And that is SO funny, Frustrated! Quick witted tonight, aren't you? :-)

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 19:13:58

Yes frus, literally!

grin <takes a bow>

peardrop2 Sun 21-Oct-12 19:28:44

Hah de ha :-) Found HB again tonight. Have you warn that baby has not played ball for 3 nights so be aware that you won't be able to find a hb every time at this early stage! As long as you know that then it's ok otherwise I would have panicked

9+5

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now