Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The Broadly Gemini Luxury Bus

(985 Posts)
Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 16:57:27

Formally known as EDD late May/Early June etc etc bus, jump on here for tmi, moaning mutual support and free smoothies.

MrsBri Sat 20-Oct-12 22:29:27

Maybe one of us will have 3 to make up for your 1!!!! (Not me, please!)

I am struggling to even consider seeing his family again. This could get traumatic :-(

peardrop2 Sat 20-Oct-12 22:29:48

Anyone else feeling a little less tired? I don't know whether it was the distraction or the hype of baking but I've not wanted my usual afternoon nap and I'm still up at 10:30pm??! Has tiredness gone? Oooooh and I've noticed the big blue veins around my tummy now, anyone else got them yet? I think my book said something about them arriving because of the blood or oxygen going to baby can't remember exact facts

peardrop2 Sat 20-Oct-12 22:31:00

Thunder who knows! I'll let you know their reaction next weekend ;-)

MrsBri Sat 20-Oct-12 22:31:32

Yes, I invited them for DH's sake, not because I wanted them there. They all declined. As did all his friends (or they ignored the invite) bar 1.

Fuckers.

I'm wondering how to train my DC about lions now :-)

Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 22:31:52

I felt a bit less tired yesterday and was over the moon as I thought that was all behind me. Unfortunately it's back with a vengeance today and I feel like shit

MrsBri Sat 20-Oct-12 22:34:21

I'm concerned that my tiredness comes and goes...my boobs, however, have gone from mildly painful when pressed on the outside, to OH MY GOD, GET OFF MY BOOBS! Interesting!

Maybe a reaction to my non-gentle exercise earlier. (DH remains unforgiven, even though the view from behind the waterfall was epic!)

Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 22:37:08

That's what my tiredness did in the early days. And then the goes went. If you see what I mean.

My dog punched me in the nipple earlier. Yes ow.

They do sound like fuckers. Poor DH.

MrsBri Sat 20-Oct-12 22:42:29

I do...I'll 'look forward' to that. I suppose going back to work will be the test.

I hope you punched the dog back?! (Not really, BTW, before I get blacklisted for animal cruelty!)

And I know...I feel so sorry for him. But me and tiny bump are his family now. The rest can FRO.

Jojoba1986 Sun 21-Oct-12 00:51:25

Wow! Multiple busy freds today! You all seem to have gone a bit woo on me! All this talk of star signs & alternative therapies has me wondering if I got on the wrong bus!

Am shattered! Today I: got up, dressed, tidied DS's toys off the living room floor, went back to bed for a nap due to pill-induced sleepiness, woke up to find PILs in living room, had lunch, supervised DH baking from a chair while propping head up, greeted DM, sent PILs off to hotel, gathered party supplies, went to church hall & cooked/decorated, home 2 hours later, had dinner, more cooking, made a playlist, wrote tomorrow's to-do list, put together DS's birthday present & clambered into bed! Phew! Now just have to survive the actual day!

Triumph of the day: eating 2 whole meals that were so large an 8 year old could've managed them.
Failure of the day: wandering round like a zombie not having a clue what was happening! Stupid sleeping anti-nausea pills! sad

At least I'm likely to get more sleep tonight than I did this time last year! awake for nearly 48 hours! wink
That's probably dependant on me getting off MN at some point... Night all!

kittykatskumkwat Sun 21-Oct-12 07:32:47

Yeay a new bus < runs to the top back to grab a seat with the cool kids>
I can't believe you were all up chatting til so late, I've been in bed asleep at 8:30 every night for the past week ( yes even on Holliday blush) couldn't even stay awake for the xfactor but I did get strictly, I am a fan grin and just to feel all smug weighed myself this morning and not one lb weight gain yet even after a weeks all inclusive, how's that! ( smug face)
Pear I don't think having another dc really distracts you although you get less chance for lions and indulging - that's right they don't respect them at the weekends, infact I find mine deliberately likes the play it the other way round and lie in when I have to work but wakes with the larks at the wkend!!
Sorry to hear those that have bad inlaws, my dh mum is lovely and has my dd once a week, I find her invaluable and although you always feel like you trust your parents more and automatically ring them first, my dh has been brought up well and I think one day if you have a boy you will be that mil so try to think that way, Nic yours sound auful though, what kind of parents don't go to their sons wedding whatever their feelings?!? That's dispicable, I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to include them now, after all you extended the olive branch! How horrible for your dh sad

Morning all. I couldn't keep my eyes open to join in with your chat last night.
Can safely say that my anti sickness pills are no longer working. am sat on my bathroom floor with an inability to move. Ugh

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 09:03:39

Morning all. Sorry jojo, my fault. The star sign was an attempt to write late May/early June more succinctly. But I'm up for a good prodding by a masseur any time oo er

Oh fuck dear, frus. Back to the docs for you?

nic I knocked his teeth out. Not really I just yelped understatement which was more surprising and unpleasant than an actual punch.

Well I have been up, cleaned the kitchen and am now back in bed with a decaff tea and MN my book. Ahhh

Cleaned the kitchen? Already! <Bows in awe to wonderthund> i've got so far a putting toast in toaster for dd, and parking arse of sofa. Need to get everyone dressed and collect other child. But can move. I'm so lazy.

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 09:56:58

It's not lazy, lady, it's pg-related mush. And anyway, Sundays are what lazy is for.

The kitchen wasn't too bad really, I just thought I'd do a few bits while the kettle boiled and ended up doing the lot. Got visitors today so it needed doing.

kittykatskumkwat Sun 21-Oct-12 10:11:38

I've agreed to make Sunday dinner for family stupid kitty very dizy everytime I stand up this morning though?!
Sorry frus, how frustrating it must be soo hard with your other dc's aswell sad
Also bows to thunder

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 10:12:38

I bet your dog was very surprised, Thunder! And go you on kitchen cleaning :-)

We haven't quite made it down to breakfast yet. It is served til 10 though (we are am hour behind) so going down shortly.

It's good to see that you think I'm not a bitch re the in laws. Not sure how we will sort stuff later.

Basically, his dad is a bully and his mum does what she is told. She wanted to go but wasn't allowed. His dad is a horrible little man who will not be allowed any unsupervised access to our children, if he has any at all. Cannot stand him.

Anyway...last day in Iceland today :-( Going to wander round mostly and not tire ourselves as we have to go to the airport at 4.30 tomorrow morning! Nasty.

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 11:05:37

Aibu to be given some idea of the time my MIL equiv is turning up to stay?! Annoyed now!

Yanbu thund leave the bastard. grin or go on strike. or conveniently walk the dog for a few hours
Stay? As in stay over? Has she just rucked up and announced she's staying? That's not on.

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 11:11:11

YANBU at all. It is polite to give times so your hosts can be ready.

I agree with Frustrated.

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 11:13:13

And a bit me, me, me...but feeling rather not pregnant today :-(

As much as I love MN for you lot, I've read so much about miscarriage on here too that I think I'm more petrified about it than I would have otherwise been.

I need a slap and a talking to.

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 11:13:22

I am out with the dog now, and I may be some time! No, it was a planned visit, to go to a gig here tonight. Been asking OH all week what time shes arriving (esp as mealtimes have now taken a new very important role), to no avail. Finally got him to ring this morning and no answer. She may have left and be on her way, she may not have. Had invited my mum along to all go out to brunch or lunch or sommat but that can't happen now either. What's wrong with simple communication?!

Rant over.

<all serene and organised vibes omf the day have flown out the window.>

Go out for lunch anyway. (If she turns up when you are out its just tough luck as she could have told you when she would be arriving) am I a bit harsh?

Have a <gentle slap> from me mrsbri, but understandably i think all online chats have negative happenings that maybe one wouldnt come across too much in RL. which i think for a 1st timer can be really worrying. I tend to ostrich myself as I like having people to talk to.

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 11:37:53

Damnit, should've brought wallet! Think maybe I just am a bit ott with wanting to know what's going on, but have learnt from experience not to just sit around waiting for people to show up. Thanks for yanbu, frus

I felt exactly the same nic, and then got philosophical about it all. If its going to happen it will and me worrying about it won't make any difference, or could be bad for me and mean I won't even enjoy the good thing that I've got now.

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 11:43:33

Ahhh...you're both so wise, thank you :-) Bloody daft really, I know.

And bit of a bugger forgetting your wallet, Thunder. Could lose its impact!

But I'm with Frustrated all the way here. Sod her if she's not polite enough to tell you her arrival time.

Thundernonk Sun 21-Oct-12 11:47:07

Just found bank card in my pocket, yay! Am going for a coffee and papers moment to get my mojo back. They're both as bad as each other!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now