Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The Broadly Gemini Luxury Bus

(985 Posts)
Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 16:57:27

Formally known as EDD late May/Early June etc etc bus, jump on here for tmi, moaning mutual support and free smoothies.

Oooh new Fred. Yay! grin

And HERE is the link to our old Fred. grin

Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 17:30:13

Link-tastic!

<flumps down on big beanbag and puts a film on, whilst sipping on alcohol free piña colada>

merrygiant Sat 20-Oct-12 17:36:51

Afternoon ladies, I like the shiny new thread/bus. Can we have someone doing nice foot massages on the top floor, perhaps with tinkly music and joss-sticks?

I've just got back from work to the joy of helping OH with his tax return. I think I'm quite disorganised but blimey, he's even worse. And being a technophobe doesn't help when everything is on-bloody-line these days, grrrrr.

Still, only an hour til I can put my feet up infront of Strictly. Anyone else a fan?

Nice to meet you Mrs and Kitty, welcome back from your travels - oh for a holiday somewhere exotic...

Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 17:41:41

Hi merry, wow your Saturday does not sound fun.

Yeah good idea for a whole alternative therapy/ massage part to the bus. I will be watching strictly but not sure I'm exactly a fan more just reluctant to move my arse

I'll be watching the end of it, but only coz merlin is on after.

merrygiant Sat 20-Oct-12 17:44:03

He's the technophobe btw, not me.
Although I think when I first started on mn I may have replied to posters on the wrong thread IYKWIM. Novice.

peardrop2 Sat 20-Oct-12 17:55:14

Hello bus nutters grin wave wave! Hellloooo MrsB...nice to have you on here! I've managed to wean myself off all the other threads now so you crazy bunch are stuck with me :-)

Hi kitty glad to hear you had a nice time! Frus does pregnancy go quicker when you already have dc? It must be nice to have the distraction! I've managed to forget about pregnancy for a whole 8 hours while I had my two best friends for lunch. I made homemade chicken salad and chocolate brownies! I don't how I got through not telling them...I think one has already caught on as I offered appletizer instead of wine :-/ and she was telling us how she knew about another friend who has recently announced...oh well. She did say that she didn't have any ms when she was pregnant so that has made me feel a bit better about myself! I wanted to ask her about other symptoms but I thought that might be a giveaway! Anyway I won't see her until December now which feels like ages away!!

Whoever said they've got the in-laws over good luck! I've got the in laws over next weekend eeeekkkk!!! We don't even have a bed for them to sleep on :-/

peardrop2 Sat 20-Oct-12 17:58:32

Forgot to say I gave everyone PG tips decaf tea...hah hah :-) we've put it all in one jar so there are no suspicions! You really can't tell the difference...well I can't anyway!

Hehe novice. wink I am cream-crackered after walking the dog, <heads to top floor for foot-massage->
Yummy to eat tea without fear of being sick.

Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 18:00:32

Hey pear, good to see you found the new bus, and you're brave enough to face the craziness! Got any brownies left over? Your lunch sounds absolutely amazing!

Not having a spare bed sounds like a great way to discourage in-laws from staying. If that would be a good thing of course...

In laws to stay. Eek. Glad mine live 5 minutes down the road so no chance of staying over. knew it had its benefits

pear I'd like to say it goes quicker, unfortunately it doesn't, and I've still got 32 weeks to go.

peardrop2 Sat 20-Oct-12 18:22:57

Thunder sadly they are bringing their blow up bed :-( They've asked if they can stay in January for a week too. I'm slightly shocked as we've only been married for 6 months...don't really fancy guests in laws for a week!!! Plus it would probably mean they would be here New Years and the week we have the 20 week scan. DH is going to have to say nooooo! His father is a bit controlling though so it's going to be sticky!!!

Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 18:26:55

Do they know your extremely exciting news, pear or are you going to have to try and be subtle on top of it all?

peardrop2 Sat 20-Oct-12 18:31:24

Sadly we're going to have to tell them are extremely exciting news! They retired when we got married weird coincidence and not accidental at all and have been travelling the world since. They're back for next weekend and then we won't see them again until Christmas when all the world will know. I'm a little annoyed that we have to share the news early but I'm also really intrigued to see their reaction because ML hinted last year that they will stop travelling in two years so that we they're available for baby sitting duties. Yep that's right, they think they've got the reins big fat not!! Hah hah hah!

My in laws aren't too bad. As for baby sitting duties I've just palmed dc1 off to them. gonna be hard not telling them until 12wks as I'm so obviously pg, despite tunic tops as waterfall cardies which I wear anyway and I'm sure sil knows, or at least has a suspicion but is too polite to say anything.
pear do you think they'll stop travelling early?

peardrop2 Sat 20-Oct-12 19:31:05

Frus yes I think they will stop travelling abroad and maybe tour UK instead. I'm not close to them at all because they never make any effort. Never had me over for dinner in the 8 years we've been together which I find a bit odd considering my mum has cooked for DH loads. I think my ML thinks I'm going to carry on working and she will be one of those stand in grandmothers...she couldn't me more wrong as I've waited too long for this to rush back to work grin DH is only child so I have absolutely no idea how they will be lol

Only time will tell as they say pear I do hope for your sake that it is barable.

Well it's safe to say that my tablets only work for 24hrs. But a relief to know that I can take another and it all goes away. Must make a note to take them at a certain time.

MrsBri Sat 20-Oct-12 21:31:59

My in laws are hideous...neither they nor any of DH's family came to the wedding.

Sadly, they are 5 mins away, and my parents 3 hours :-/

But, with their other grandchild being born in February - in New Zealand - I'm wondering what reaction our child will get.

I've not spoken to his family since last December and have no intention of ever speaking to the majority of them again either. Fun times ahead. Not.

So, be grateful if you can tolerate your in laws, as you could have mine!!

Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 21:47:01

ARG, two Fred confusion! Nearly replied on t'other one but decided to cut and paste it here even though it refers to conversation on the other one

ARG sorry the sickness is back, frus, not good at all.

My mum's a Gemini twin. The other twins in the generation above weren't though as far as I know.

I still think there's a chance we're all having twins, or at least Geminis. grin

I'm hoping it goes away too thund obviously I can't wait until half term and I can have a proper lion (lie-in). can't do lions if DH goes to work at 7. As DCs are usually up by them. I think someone forgot to tell them what weekends were for.

That'll be interesting to see how they react to a GC they can in theory see regularly.

MrsBri Sat 20-Oct-12 22:18:02

Yeah...especially as I'm not inclined to let them. I think not going to your son's wedding removes your right to have contact with your subsequent GC.

Am I a total bitch?

Fx for lots of lions for you :-)

peardrop2 Sat 20-Oct-12 22:24:31

Gosh Nicola you're totally right...I don't have it as bad as sometimes I think I do :-/ even though there were moments were they acted very badly during our engagement but it could have been worse like your situation.

I can confirm that I'm not having a twin! DH asked the sonographer and she said definitely just the one much to his relief!

Thundernonk Sat 20-Oct-12 22:28:15

WHAT?! Are you saying that DCs don't respect weekend lions? Hang on a cotton picking second here.....

I don't think you sound like a bitch, nic, sounds like there's some horrible situation going on there. Did you invite them to the wedding?

pear, sounds like quite a strange situation with your in-laws too. By the sound of it they will be very pleased with your news then seeing as they seem to be planning their retirement around it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now