Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2013

(949 Posts)

Anyone else just poas? Think I'm right in saying I'll be due in July smile

RancerDoo Mon 26-Nov-12 20:24:59

Gah, I'm dreading buying maternity clothes.
IO is made for giants (although there is one dress I am vaguely tempted by). Lots of other brands involve silly amounts of pattern and are designed or women who have lost their mind.
For some reason I can't find bootcut mat jeans that I like. Given I look like a weeble in skinny jens when unpregnant I am not trying them when I am the size of a shed!
This is not going to be fun...

No further symptoms, other than a spotty scalp. I think scabby scalp acne must be the most revolting pregnancy side effect I have ever experienced!

Scan tomorrow, hoping for a heartbeat. Good luck for yours, chocolate.

Have been off thread for a while, this all-day sickness is flooring me. My birthday weekend was spent in and out of the toilet instead of the usual steak dinner sad
So sorry to hear the sad news for some on here, hope you're feeling ok.
Thanks for the polos suggestion, it's really helping (which ginger is NOT) although my teeth will be falling out by Christmas! Which still seems a million years away :-/

chocolateteabag Mon 26-Nov-12 21:12:31

Good luck for your too Rancer

Just watching the news before and they were pumping flood water around the hospital in Northallerton so keeping fingers crossed that I'll be able to get to the EPU tomorrow afternoon
The rain has been awful today, feel so bad for everyone who has been flooded as not likely they'll be able to get homes back to normal before Christmas sad

orangebubbles Tue 27-Nov-12 07:52:07

Good luck rancer and chocolate anyone else having a scan today?

Isitme1 Tue 27-Nov-12 08:43:41

Good luck to everyone having a scan today x

chocolateteabag Tue 27-Nov-12 09:08:08

May require a boat to get to my scan this afternoon - really wish it would STOP RAINING!

wifey6 Tue 27-Nov-12 09:38:36

Good luck to all having scans today! smile
Off to my booking-in app shortly. Hopefully get a scan date as well today.

emblosion Tue 27-Nov-12 10:11:49

Good luck to all having scans today smile hope the weather improves for you (its quite nice here)

photographerlady Tue 27-Nov-12 12:44:17

Good luck on your scans ;)

missmaybe Tue 27-Nov-12 14:13:10

Good luck, rancer and chocolate and anyone else having scans today! Hope you get there safely... will it ever stop raining?!

Had my booking-in appointment with the midwife today. She seemed rather put out that the GP had booked me in so early (6+5) as she won't need to see me again until February apparently! Hopefully will have my 12-week scan booked in at some point over the Christmas period. Yikes, this is all feeling very real... !!!

GirlsGotInk85 Tue 27-Nov-12 15:17:02

Hey folks, looks like I'm off the bus, pregnancy stopped developing about 10 days ago at 5+4. Just awaiting mc now. I've been feeling so ill and I just knew something wasn't right as I've not felt like this before and this was my fourth pregnancy.

wifey6 Tue 27-Nov-12 15:30:01

Girls...so sorry sad MMC are so cruel sad, I speak from previous experience.
Be gentle with yourself during this very difficult time. sad

Isitme1 Tue 27-Nov-12 15:57:08

Be kind and allow yourself to heal
So sorry for all your heartache x

TomDaleysTrunks Tue 27-Nov-12 16:00:26

Just checking in.

Move went as well as can be expected, fairly stressful with a toddler. New house is amazing, so much space. We won't have Internet until January so will only post sporadically.

Sickness is still there if I get hungry and boobs v sore and massive. Anyone else struggling with erect nipples?!

girls sorry to hear your news. Take time and be kind to yourself.

<waves to all>

Thinkingof4 Tue 27-Nov-12 16:09:12

Sorry to hear that girls I take it you had a scan which showed that? Very sad for you, take care of yourself

Hopefully the others having scans got on ok today, fx for them

orangebubbles Tue 27-Nov-12 18:35:36

(((girls))) sorry to hear your news sad

chocolateteabag Tue 27-Nov-12 18:41:22

oh Girls I'm sorry to hear that sad

I had my scan today - could see the sac but it was quite small so I have another scan in 2 weeks just to check it's progressing. So not really sure where that leaves me.

EPU lady did say that the progesterone hormone makes your cervical lining more prone to bleeds especially when you have sex or a bowel movement poo Which would make sense for my bleeds.

So roll on Tuesday 11th Dec - booking in with MW at 12.30 and scan at 3.30. Can see I'm going to get alot done that afternoon!

Hope Rancers scan went well? And anyone else who I missed who's had one today too blush

mysterymeg Tue 27-Nov-12 18:42:43

TomDaley yes!!! And now they're dry too! I have moisturised my nipples this morning blush

ArkadyRose Tue 27-Nov-12 18:59:00

Girls, really sorry to hear that. Hope it passes as gently as possible when it goes.

I got a phonecall from the midwife today; I'm having my booking-in appointment on Monday (at 6w5d).

RancerDoo Tue 27-Nov-12 19:20:56

Girls, I am sorry to hear your news. Take care xx

I had my scan today and it was...ok. They saw a heartbeat, going the right speed. The gestational sac is the right size, but the baby is really really wee. It's measuring 5 days behind where I think I am. So while they say the pregnancy looks viable, I am feeling quite nervous. So annoying, I was really happy until they gave me the scan report, in the waiting room in front of everyone. Another fantastic moment for NHS sensitivity...

Sorry, am feeling a bit eeyore, when I probably should be happy about heartbeat etc. Maybe when I have stuffed myself full of dinner I'll pull myself together!

Mizar Tue 27-Nov-12 21:29:00

Girls - so sorry about your news.

I went to my first proper doctor's appointment today, and so they've sent off the request for the booking appointment and scan but suspect they will be after Christmas which seemed a decade away.

After the appointment I got a text message from the doctors saying the hospital may be sending me an appointment in the next few weeks and that it was crucial I attend. So I know I have a pre-existing medical condition that can become a lot worse with pregnancy, but I am slightly scared by the NHS machine going into action so quickly - that it's a lot worse than I thought. It's funny, I should probably be grateful if I don't have to wait!

Other than feeling nauseous, I had a weekend of the blues accompanied by crying. DH loved it as you can imagine!

Isitme1 Tue 27-Nov-12 21:39:09

Rancer it could just be you conceived at a different time than what you thought.
Very happy to hear that it's a viable pregnancy and try not to worry too much

Mizar im glad they are getting you seen quick
X

butterflyexperience Tue 27-Nov-12 21:54:22

Sorry to hear that girls sad

chocolateteabag Tue 27-Nov-12 23:07:16

Hi Rancer sounds like you scan was a bit of a let down too?
I was hoping to be either feeling a lot more confident that everything was ok or know that it was over and I could have a big G&T tonight
Instead I feel a little bit in limbo - another long 2 week wait for the next scan - but should at least know either way by then..

marimama Wed 28-Nov-12 01:19:47

Hi everyone! So sorry to hear sad news from some these past few days. The first weeks are stressful. I'm not scheduled for a scan until 18 dec. and i'm not even 6w until saturdayso i am still thinking of the whole thing as tentative. I think i felt differently with my DS...now i feel slightly less panicky. Like i just have to wait and see...i still don't have strong symptoms, just achey boobs & slightly crampy tummy, so there are moments when i forget what's going on in there!!

Anyway, good luck to those with scans soon! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now