Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2013

(949 Posts)

Anyone else just poas? Think I'm right in saying I'll be due in July smile

SundaySunshine Mon 29-Oct-12 14:30:01

Oh claire sorry to hear that. Are you in pain? You should take the rest of the day off? It doesn't necessarily mean it's all over though, so maybe contact your MW? Hope you're okay

ClaireH35 Mon 29-Oct-12 14:37:09

thanks SundaySunshine i was only 4 weeks pregnant so hadn't even seen the doctor yet- have ana ppt tomorrow to test my thyorid levels as i am underactive and then had appt with GP next week. still going to keep appts to check everything is ok with me. only got to work until half 3 and hubby is collecting me when he leaves work. just a little bit of cramping that comes and goes. just want my mum...

SundaySunshine Mon 29-Oct-12 17:57:44

Poor you claire sad. I hope you home and being looked after by your dh now. I really feel for you, as that is exactly what happened to my when I was 9+4 in July. Wasn't a happy ending for me but that doesn't mean it won't be for you. Take care of yourself x

SundaySunshine Mon 29-Oct-12 17:58:59

Sorry for typos, on phone and have dd clambering over me!

Thinkingof4 Mon 29-Oct-12 19:04:00

Hi all
I got bfp on Saturday, due date 4th July and like Ellie I also have 3 boys!! Very excited but nervous, I had some bleeding on Thursday and thought it was AF then stopped and poas. So a bit nervous about whether this will be a sticky one or not. Fx and sorry for those who have had losses already

CottonSock Mon 29-Oct-12 19:15:30

Sorry for those who had to leave us. There is some lovely support on the MC threads, and I hope your loved ones are looking after you at this horrible time.

I have been doing obsessive pant / symptom checking. Also, been trying to keep away from www, but you can see I have failed. just been looking at early private scans....

Nice weekend in London catching up with my sister took my mind off things a bit. Boobs are a bit sore, some nausea, but could just be IBS. I have lost weight so far!!! Must be the zero booze diet. With all my pregnancies I have found myself less hungry, tending to feel sick or stomach cramps instead.

Mongolia sounds exciting and very far away... I'm curious.

Hope the rest of yoou had good weekends

Bodice Mon 29-Oct-12 22:26:31

Just got a BFP a week before my period is due. Should really have waited but was cramping up all day so couldn't resist!
Could not believe my eyes.
Had a pregnancy of unknown location only 2/3 months ago. Was quite traumatic and dragged on for ages so really shouldn't be getting excited just yet but can't help myself.

Congratulations everyone. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for everyone x

livismum Tue 30-Oct-12 08:50:55

Hi guys I got my BFP last week, bit like bodice I'm trying not to get too excited as I had a mmc in June, so I'll be lurking and probably posting loads I have 2 DD's aged 7 & 3 xx

CottonSock Tue 30-Oct-12 18:25:15

Bodie - what does pregnancy of unknown location mean, was it eptopic? I've not heard of that before. I'm sure it's pretty rare and unlikley to reoccur in any case smile

Glad to hear there ar people out there who have pregnances with no sickness. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for lol.

Bodice Tue 30-Oct-12 22:49:30

CottonSock - it basically means the pregnancy was never actually visualised. My beta-HCG levels were creeping up slowly for two weeks - but not doubling like a viable pregnancy - but they never got to dangerous levels so I didn't have to take methatrexate or have a laparoscopy. Basically they thought it was probably an ectopic but they couldn't certain and I has to have my bloods checked every other day till they stopped going up.
I should probably add here that i am a sonographer who works in the early pregnancy unit where it was all dragged out, being scanned by my colleagues, ducking into rooms to hides out of the way of people whilst feeling like shit! Being a sonographer sucks when you are trying for a baby.

Anyway that is over now and this time it feels different.

OhGood Wed 31-Oct-12 09:34:17

Hi all, I am marking my place. Got my BFP a couple of days ago but like livismum and a few others, I also had an MC recently, and am feeling very cautious about the whole thing.

How is everyone feeling? Symptoms??

Hello, can i join? I am feeling v tentative about joining as had early m/c last month and keep expecting the same to happen again. I don't know exactly how pg i am either as cant date it properly after m/c. Hoping dr will shed some light on friday. Must be 5 weeksish hmm. Is this ridiculous- my jeans are botherig me at the front and am fightig the urge to undo top button - until kids go to bed and then am just wondering round house with trousers falling down. Am i so saggy after 2 kids that this is possible already? Also when does nausea kick in? I'm sure i was feeling horrific at this stage with dd and ds and before m/c. Why i am i not feeling sick now. Dh is just rolling his eyes when i ask him.

elliejjtiny Wed 31-Oct-12 11:14:31

(((hugs))) for those of you who have to leave us. I have a dilemma and I'm not sure what to do. We have a holiday booked for about 6 weeks after my due date with PIL, BIL and SIL. Self catering in a massive house, inlaws paid [grateful emoticon]. Haven't told them about the pregnancy yet. I don't want to go, possibly only 4 weeks post birth and still bleeding everywhere and struggling with breastfeeding etc. But I feel guilty as it was so expensive and I don't know if they can swap for a cottage for 4 at this stage. I'm also worried about denying DH and the boys the chance of a holiday. I'm wondering if I should encourage DH to take DS1, DS2 and DS3 and leave me at home with the baby. Physically it would be easier looking after a newborn for a week on my own than looking after 4 children on my own in the day with DH's help in the evening and weekend. But I'll probably be all hormonal by then and not want them to go!

elliejjtiny Wed 31-Oct-12 11:18:04

Forgot to add princess morning sickness usually starts at about 6-7 weeks for me. I thought mine had started early last week but turns out it was a tummy bug! Just got sore boobs on and off at the moment.

MissLolita Wed 31-Oct-12 13:03:12

Hi, can I tentatively join please? I got a BFP this morning and I reckon I'm due around 10 July (so very early days!) I'm bursting to tell someone as I did the test after dh has left for work, and he didn't know I was going to do one ( I just had a weird hunch) and I want to tell him in person tonight.
If this works out it will be number 2 as I have a dd who is 16months old.
Feeling very nervous, excited and a little scared!

Quinandthem Wed 31-Oct-12 14:32:02

Afternoon everyone, hope you are all well.

I’ve got my appointment at the Dr’s tomorrow to get the ball rolling. Don’t know how I’m going to wait for another 7 weeks (for the 12 week scan) to find out if everything is ok. It’s almost as bad as the 2ww.

Last time I had a mc at 7+6-, so think I might talk to OH about having a private scan at 8/9 weeks to put our minds to rest (hopefully we get that far obviously).

I’m only 5+2 so early days still. Symptoms so far are larger boobs, feeling moist downstairs and feeling bloated/ constipated.

Was my birthday on monday so lots of dodging drinks over the weekend - sure it might have raised a few eyebrows but what can you so?

CottonSock Wed 31-Oct-12 17:44:12

Ellie - I have similar kind of issue in that I am supposed to being Bridesmaid when I will be 8+ months. She has already ordered the dress, and did pick something roomy, but I think a tent would be more appropriate by then!!!! I'm only a shortie, so going to be as wide as tall. Anyway, I have decided that I am until the scans and everything all ok before even rasing it. I'm sure everyone will understand what ever you decide, even if you wait until last minute.

Bodice - sorry to hear what you went through with your last pg. Being a sonographer sounds interesting though. they would not be able to get me off the machines!!

Quin - I am thinking about a private scan, but might wait and see what date I get for dating scan. they tend to do them quite early here about 10-11 weeks. I can ring to make appt next week (at a push) for December. I had a MC in March at 10 weeks but baby had not developed (blighten Ovum) and I found out after emergency scan at 8 weeks. Last September I had a missed MC at 11 weeks which was quite sudden and very horrible.
Sorry to hear so many of us have gone through it. Just remember, much more chance of success than not smile Sticky vibes to you all.

Now feeling quite sick on and off, so fingers crossed so far. Although I am wondering if just a stomach bug as one has been going round and it's not totally typical Morning sickness (won't share the gorey details).

That's a bit of an essay from me, it's just so nice to be able to tell / talk to people!!! Welcome all newbies and congrats on your results.

Bodice Wed 31-Oct-12 17:46:08

Ellie JJ - Maybe leave it a couple more weeks and then come clean to inlaws. I am sure they will be understanding. Is it very far away? I am a first timer so I have no idea how I would feel about travelling with a new baby but if this is number four I am sure you will know when the time comes what will be best for you.

My symptoms so far are sore, massive boobs a bit of cramping on and off and strangely crampy calf muscles. I have no idea if this is pregnancy related but its driving me crazy!! anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

I am leaving the doctors appointment as late as poss this time until I am more confident this one is here to stay.

esme80 Wed 31-Oct-12 19:30:13

Ellie Im not sure I would want DH going without me, but Im basing that completely on my own experience having my DS and being very poorly with SPD so needed a lot of help, but as this is your fourth I am sure you know what you can handle! I also think your inlaws will understand if you do decide to cancel.

Cottonsock I am also thinking of having private scan, just for reassurance!

Not really feeling any symptms at the moment, apart from being hungry. Had some morning sickness with DS, so feel weird actually wanting to feel sick!

MysteriousNameChange Wed 31-Oct-12 19:34:09

Hi all, we've been trying for about six months after a long hard near-three year battle to conceive my DS. Was very surprised to see a positive line when I tested quite early in cycle (maybe 10dpo?) on Sunday.

But... I had a very bad tummy on Sunday (both ends sad ), think it was food poisoning, which is making me very nervous. Plus I have had a period-type pain/ache in my lower abdomen over the last couple of days. So I feel like I'm playing a wait and see game. I don't 'feel' pregnant but really really hoping things work out. I can't bear the thought of a couple more years ttc after this.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Spending half my time excited, half my time panicking!

littlemissnorthernbird Wed 31-Oct-12 20:22:10

Hi there everyone...can I join this thread too? Have just got my first BFP this evening! I am in complete shock as this was the first month of trying. I was only due on yesterday but just knew that something wasn't quite right. Have had spotting since the weekend...and even more randomly, I had a very vivid dream last week that I was pregnant!!!! I can't believe it is true! Feeling very strange, boobs are really noticably sore and feeling strange! Going away tomorrow for the weekend on a city break. Hope that flying will be okay!

Hope that you are all enjoying your bfps...its feels so unreal at the moment! X

Thinkingof4 Wed 31-Oct-12 21:50:03

Sounds like lots of us have had mc's in the past, I had a mmc between ds1&2 and it was a real shock. So I will definitely be booking early scan, I couldn't bear waiting again till almost 12 weeks.
Positive vibes to everyone that these ones are sticky

Ellie I also have a holiday booked for when I am about 4 weeks after baby due, but it's just us, no inlaws so I'm thinking we will go anyway. Dh is really good at taking boys out on his own so I'll get a chance to rest if I need it, and no housework to worry about!! Am I completely mad to be even considering this??
Congrats littlemiss I've had a few vivids dreams too now that I think about it!

Not really any other convincing symptoms, just very occasional waves of nausea. Still feeling nervous +++ about all this

Calmisthemantra Thu 01-Nov-12 07:45:34

Tested the day before AF and BFP!!!!grin very excited but nervous about impending nausea and SPD. I threw up almost constantly with my dd (8months old!) and had severe SPD, on crutches from 4months pg last time. But yaaaaay. Now the worrying starts, hope it sticks

Hai1988 Thu 01-Nov-12 08:42:33

Hi everyone can i join smile

Got my bfp yesterday (well 3 attually just to make sure smile )

I calculated that i am due on the 14th july so that will be a total of 7 birthdays including mine and a wedding anniversary in.july now!!

Just skimmed through the thread already and i think i reconise i.few of you from the conseption threads, Hi esme smile

livismum Thu 01-Nov-12 09:39:07

Hi Hai my 2DD's bdays and our anniversary (plus numerous family bdays) are all in March so I'm bucking the trend with July! Strange how things seem to cluster!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now