Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2013

(949 Posts)

Anyone else just poas? Think I'm right in saying I'll be due in July smile

esme, grin hope Dr.Google helped you! I've stopped googling (well I've not today), as I'm trying not to scare myself too much.
Hope it goes well for you at the Dr's tomorrow, I'm expecting a glare from my Doc as I didn't want to talk about contraception when I took DS for his 8week check up.

Jazz, glad you're not so sick this time around!
I've got my maternity clothes out so I'll try getting in them this weekend.

SundaySunshine Wed 24-Oct-12 23:15:48

Thanks awoman I haven't seriously considered going private as I can't really afford it; I'm hoping the EPU will be kind and let me have a peek at the little one sometime between now and 10 wks.

Still no sickness, a few funny twinges, and I'm feeling a tad bloated too. So pretty normal still really. Not even feeling tired yet, hence still playing with MN at this hour wink

Hope everyone else is feeling ok

CottonSock Thu 25-Oct-12 18:43:17

No real symptoms here, but belly is growing / getting fat due to large carbs consumption!!!

Not complained about the locum GP yet, but think I should. He did not give a darn and I had to tell him the procedures for booking in, told me I was a waste of an appointment too. He also told me my eczema was acne when I asked if my steroid cream was ok to carry on with. So now have acne lotion which is making it worse.
Hopefully midwide will be in touch soon so can discuss early scan.

Been trying really hard to get some positive vibes in my body about this pregnancy, more chance of it going right than wrong etc, but been a bit up and down. I would quite like (for a minute ) to have some major sickness of something as a sign.. sighh... argh positive vibes, positive vibes

esme80 Thu 25-Oct-12 19:29:51

AWoman been to dr now and was same as last time, no appointment just forward my info to midwife, so wont see anyone till booking in apptmt which feels ages away!
Im sure your dr wont say anything, although after hearing cottons experience I guess I shouldnt be surprised by anything! How appalling! You should def complain.
I know what you mean cotton about trying to be possitive and not worry, but it is so hard! Wouldnt it be great to just relax, instead of worry till the 12 week scan?

ClaireH35 Thu 25-Oct-12 21:23:45

hi there. just tested yesterday and today and five tests all showing a BFP- think i am due start of July. 1st baby for us. kind of freaking out and one minute i am in shock next i want to cry. excited and delighted though.

Congrats Claire!!

Cotton, positive sticky vibes your way.

I'm afraid I'm the first one to bow out of this thread, typically I'd just seen the Dr & was about to register with the MW when I got all crampy & red blood.
I've got to phone them in the morning to see what they say, small chance they'll scan me & I'll have a nice surpise, but very much doubt it.

Wishing you all standard, safe, boring pregnancies. x

Bessie123 Fri 26-Oct-12 01:17:49

horse I am so sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok, I will be thinking of you sad

sad horse, sending hugs x

SundaySunshine Fri 26-Oct-12 08:33:55

Horse so sorry to hear your news, fx that it's a scare and everything will be ok. Whatever happens look after yourself and good luck.

SundaySunshine Fri 26-Oct-12 09:12:53

Hello claire welcome to the club smile

I've just had a battle with the evil drs receptionists trying to get an appointment. They're so infuriating. I phoned on Tuesday, and they told me i couldn't book in advance, so I took the day off work today and phoned and was told the only space available was next Tuesday, ahhhhhh! Maybe it's just me being hormonal ?

Took another test this morning and got a nice strong line straight away, which in the absence of any real symptoms, is much needed reassurance .

esme80 Fri 26-Oct-12 10:43:30

horse really sorry to hear that, take care of yourself.

BB01 Fri 26-Oct-12 11:25:41

First definite BFP 2 yesterday. Could be end of June or early July as don't track my cycles really! Am excited but can't stop expecting the worst - anybody else the same?? Feel like I should be a lot more pleased but the realist/doom-monger in me won't let me (dh is the same!). Have been really ill with a virus this week so hard to know what's that and what's the pregnancy. Before the virus I felt a little sick basically non-stop all weekend, slightly dizzy, weak. Completely went off alcohol (not like me!). 5th month of trying.

BB01 Fri 26-Oct-12 11:26:54

Sorry to hear your news, Horse x

esme80 Fri 26-Oct-12 13:46:17

Congrats claire and BB01!

BB I am the same, dont think I will relax a bit till first scan. Trying to remind myself that chances are that everything willbe just fine, but not working!

ClaireH35 Fri 26-Oct-12 14:02:11

sorry to hear that Horse. Esme i am exactly the same. Just trying not to think too much about things. i also feel mega bloated and that is not good. i have lost a lot of weight with WW'er prying to conceiving and feeling fat already is not good! My face feels massive

anticipation Fri 26-Oct-12 15:28:03

Hi everyone. Just found out two days ago. Have felt bloated, gassy, constipated and just crap for days. Am living in Mongolia right now so want to get the hell out of here and back home, which will be within a month. Still haven't had first scan so anxious about that. 1st pregnancy so shit scared about that. Would be good to know how others at the some stage are coping.!

Quinandthem Fri 26-Oct-12 15:39:30

just joining here as well. a strong positive result on monday evening so due end of June/start July.

only big boobs at the moment, passing wafts of feeling dodgy/sick but not hanging around - probably due to drinking lots of water and grazing at work.

had a MC at 8 wks in feb but feeling positive about this one.

booked into see the Dr next thursday to start the ball rolling. hopefully should have 12 week scans just before christmas which will be nice time to tell everyone.

elliejjtiny Fri 26-Oct-12 18:16:31

POAS yesterday and faint line. Not planned. Emotions swinging between "argh" and "please let this baby be ok" (have had 2 prev MC). Already got 3 boys aged 6, 4 and 21 months. Middle one in a wheelchair. Not sure how I'm going to do the school run etc with 4 children, I may have to balance one on my head! No symptoms apart from sore boobs. I've had waves of nausea but that might be the shock! Dreading telling my mum, even though I'm 30 and married. Due 4th July I think.

Runswithsquirrels Fri 26-Oct-12 20:41:31

waves
Hello everyone. I don't believe it, but the tests say yes and who am I to argue with them? Mr Internet says I should be due July 7.
This is a first for me, so I will be reading lots and trying not to scare myself too much!

SundaySunshine Sat 27-Oct-12 11:25:11

Wow, lots of newbies! Congratulations anti, quin, ellie and squirrels <waves>

anti MONGOLIA !! Wow, what are you doing there?

SundaySunshine Sat 27-Oct-12 11:25:52

How you are ok this morning horse

Shenanagins Sun 28-Oct-12 07:35:49

Did the test last night and got the blue line! very excited as looking at and early July baby.

Cotton don't get too worried about the lack of sickness as i had none with my first. i was that annoying person who sailed through pregnancy glowing and apart from an expanding tum virtually symptom free.

so going to suffer with this one aren't i!

esme80 Sun 28-Oct-12 18:12:49

Hello, welcome everyone new! Anti I am also curious about how what you are doing in Mongolia, how exciting!
Still feeling very hungry, some nausea but not much, and absolutly exhausted! Feeling a lot better than first pregnancy I think, trying to remember. Managed to fall down the stairs earlier though, landing on my stomach but shoulder took most of the impact. Worrying a bit about it, even though I know this early on everything is pretty well protected in there. Now sitting here with a sore shoulder and finger feeling quite foolish! On the plus side though I am in bed resting while DH looks after DS...
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Esme- dd keeps leaping and clambering all over me, I keep telling myself that it's well protected etc I hope bean2 is ok with being squished by big sister, I have a feeling that it's going to have to put up with that most of its life grin

ClaireH35 Mon 29-Oct-12 14:07:28

hi ladies- don't meant to put a downer but think i'm out of this thread as well. at work and justwent to loo and some clots and blood came out. just sat there crying and then had to come back to my desk and pretend to be normal. just want to go home. all the best to you all. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now