Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

July 2013

(949 Posts)

Anyone else just poas? Think I'm right in saying I'll be due in July smile

SilverCharm Thu 18-Oct-12 17:36:37

Are you preggers?? You won't know me under this name...I changed recently due to almost getting outed...but congrats if you are and how is DH?

CottonSock Thu 18-Oct-12 17:56:46

Hi there Jazz... I think I could be very end of June 2013, but June threads are looking rather full and because of my long cycle I got a predicted date of 2nd July online (wedding anniversay!). Anyway, rather long winded, but can I join you please. Need some peeps to get excited with..

Rather S*it scared after two previous MS. Get rather depressed about the whole thing, as have now been trying for 18 months (including the 2 MS) but did read the other day that I have more success of suceeding than it going wrong, so trying to stick with that thought.

Anyway the exciting bit, I had a positive Tuesday test 4 days before AF properly due. Having a stinking cold, I did a early test to cheer me up smile and this time it did.. still no signs of AF, so so far so good.

Silvercharm - getting ousted sounds interesting!!

Rache1S Thu 18-Oct-12 22:02:27

Hi ladies, can I join in? It's very early days but I got a BFP yesterday and I think I will be due around the 4th July (OMG!!!) I am also shit scared as I appear to be addicted to Googling all the possible problems hmm

Like CottonSock, I'm probably due the very end of June but I'm in the middle of a WTAF?! cycle so have no idea, so you'll have to put up with me (sorry).

Congrats on the BFP's everyone, step away from Dr.Google Rache1S, he's evil.

Yep bfp grin
Silver please remind me of who you are in a pm? Dh is well grin

CottonSock Fri 19-Oct-12 07:54:41

Yeah, we are growing in numbers already. Congrats ladies.
Just to add that I meant two previous Mc, no Ms - and I am hopeless with acronyms!
I seem to be getting extra hungry already (any excuse!!!)

Rache1S Fri 19-Oct-12 09:57:13

I'm glad you said that CottonSock because i've been absolutely starving since about 10DPO and was thinking it was just in my head! Aside from that i'm pretty much symptomless so far. What symptoms has everyone else got going on?

Rache, I had nausea for all of last week, but all that's happened this week is my boobs are slightly bigger & I'm feeling crampy.

I'm the opposite, not a massive eater at the best of times (healthy BMI, don't worrry!) but I get even worse during pg....plus I went off chocolate last time shock.

Jazz, I don't think we've ever 'spoken' on here, but I know your story & am really pleased you got a BFP!

We're telling PIL in 2 weeks (next time we see them in person), has anyone else thought about who they're telling/when?

We've told our parents smile

My tits feel like they're gunna drop off! So achy! Didn't have this with dd

CottonSock Fri 19-Oct-12 16:46:24

I told my sister as we are meeting up next weekend, and I never normally refuse a vino... Having to make lots of not drinking excuses already. I sound like a piss head lol.
Boobs are aching a bit and I'm not sleeping well. Hormones and anxiety/ excitement.
I had dreams about a poached egg on toast. My treat for the morning smile

TheCatSofa Sun 21-Oct-12 22:48:52

Hello all! Can I join you? Got my positive result on 18th. After 3 years of trying and and ivf cycle I am super chuffed but also constantly scared. I have had crazy itchy nipples, wake up at 5am every day and compulsively eat everything in my way. No sickness yet but I can't wait for it as its meant to be a good sign and man do I need a sign!!
My first scan not til mid Nov and don't know how I'm gonna wait that long!

Rache1S Sun 21-Oct-12 23:52:55

Hello Thecatsofa and welcome to the club! How excitingl after 3 years, you must be so pleased?!! I am also eating everything in sight and i'm so glad i'm not on my own :-)

Welcome Cat! Congratulations on getting your bfp!

My eating is the other way, I'm so bloated that I've barely got room for food (same as last pg), my symptoms have all but faded (aside from bloating & hormonal raging monster).

Going to see my GP later today for my pre-booking appointment.

Did everyone had a good weekend?

Bessie123 Mon 22-Oct-12 13:30:21

Shitting hell, just poas and bfp. Someone reassure me that this isn't a disaster. Just started a new job and already have 2 dcs. This was not planned.

Bessie its not a disaster! There are other options though if you really feel it is a disaster.
I hope you make the right decision for you xx

CottonSock Mon 22-Oct-12 20:06:12

I had a booking-in appointment with a very useless locum GP today. He was so incomptetant it made my blood boil. Think I will make a complaint. I basically had to end up doing most of the appointment with the receptionist on the way out! Grrrr.

Bessie123 Mon 22-Oct-12 22:10:32

Thankyou, Jazz. Dh and I are trying to get our heads round it. It's a bit of a shock

Welcome Bessie! It's a proper shock isn't it?
DS wasn't planned and when I first realised I was pregnant with him it took a week or so to decide which way to go...and it doesn't feel real with this one yet so I think I understand where you're coming from!
Whatever the decision you make, hear to lend a private, friendly ear if you ever need to discuss it. x

Cotton, oh that's rubbish! Hopefully you'll be midwives all the way from now on!

My pre-booking appointment was rubbish too, you need to see the family GP on a thursday afternoon only...which is completely different from last year with DS!

Is anyone else so bloated they're considering maternity trousers already? blush

SundaySunshine Tue 23-Oct-12 22:25:43

Hi all, I got a BFP on Friday and I'm overthemoon, but terrified. I'm not too sure on my dates yet as I was in the midst of a WTF cycle, so could be the end of June or Beginning of July. I went over by two weeks with my dd so I'll probably end up in July anyway.

Had a few days of feeling bleurgh, but no real sickness yet, which is maddening, I want to be sick to my boots just for reassurance sake! Other than that I feel totally normal.

Got to wait til Friday for drs appointment. The last five days have
D R A G G E D!
I don't know how I'm going to make it to the first scan without losing my mind.

Anyways, hope you are all doing ok smile

Bessie123 Tue 23-Oct-12 23:01:59

Hello horsey and thanks for the welcome. I am coming to terms with it all a bit more now but had a mc before ds was born so trying not to think about it toooo much.

How many poster here are having their first dc?

esme80 Wed 24-Oct-12 13:59:11

Hello everyone, can I join? I think I am due 3rd July. Just got my BFP yesterday, hasnt really sunk in yet. Dont really have any symptoms yet, apart from eating like a pig...

Welcome Sunday!! Fingers are crossed that you're throwing up soon grin

My dr's is tomorrow, would you consider going for a private scan?
Has everyone seen/booked their initial appointment yet?
Cotton, did you complain?

Hi esme! I've been lurking on the Nov bus ttc page & just noticed you'd got your BFP! Congratulations!!
Is this your first baby?

Sorry to hear of your MC Bessie, I guess we can start a stats page or a roll call here when it gets slightly busier!

I'd forgotten how tiring early pg is, feel guilty as DS is being babysat by babytv whenever I feel too nauseous to hold him.

Hope everyone is having a good week?

esme80 Wed 24-Oct-12 14:30:23

AWoman I spent most of last night googling faint FRER lines after your advice on other thread, ha! This is my second, I have a 16 month old DS.
Am dropping by dr's office tomorrow. When I was pg first time you didnt even get a drs appointment, they just gave your nr to the midwife. So I will see if things have changed at all..
Am thinking of getting a private scan when the time comes, remember regretting it last time as I went crazy waiting for the 12 week!

I am in maternity jeans again - soo comfy!
I'm really bloated and feel like i did size wise at about 4/5 months with dd!!

Only been sick once which is an improvement on last time but my breasts ache so so much!

I was in the middle of a wtf cycle too so I could be June but think its more likely July though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now