Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - lots of babies that can't wait for November

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 16-Oct-12 18:59:27
TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 10:57:53

<Stashes Vodka behind back>

grin

I hate anyone coming when the house isn't spotless. It drives me mad! I'll probably be on the watch list wink

Doesn't mean I've done the cleaning however....! Will still be DP's job forever

Shelly You have no idea how true that is. My knee touches the wall as I need my legs so far apart to allow anything out from the holes below! Did I ever mention the time in work when I got stuck on the loo for over 30 mins with a poo half out, but couldn't get the rest out grin resulting in me pushing with all my might, kecks off completely, hands on walls... tears and snot.

Yeah. Fucking perfect that was!

I hesitate at clicking on Rhino dick though. DP might get jealous....!!

Lane81 Mon 22-Oct-12 10:59:28

Congratulations nervous!

Good luck rowing and YW! How very exciting!

I am too am jealous, I will be here for another month I'm convinced!

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 11:01:45

Stroking the bump?! Mine gets a flick grin and flicks me right back! Like mother like son!

At one time mine seemed to have a pattern. That is long gone. It just moves when it wants to too much although it does have a rather long lull period in the day, but that is usually bought on by being out and walking around. If sat at home it fidgets a lot. Like now. Ow.

I think it is hard to give advice on the matter, because no one really knows the answers. I go with, if you are worried, be seen school of thought. I'd rather reassure someone than have someone sat worried and stressed.

ShellyBobbs Mon 22-Oct-12 11:05:33

I've just done that now, but there was nothing hanging out but I could feel it ready! The photo is a bit blurred so he might be alright. I'm just hoping that nobody checks the search history on this laptop lol blush Rhino dick!

I've just emailed that seller on ebay to see if they'll do like a pregnancy package for cheapo wongo. I found another little bargain in a pound shop in town, oil burners for £1 each, so I bought 4 and now have my sage oil and lavender burning (am feeling a bit dizzy actually so might have to move them further away). So thanks Detective, you're turning me into a tree hugging whale noise lover, I blame you entirely grin (I'm a veggie and don't do leather so half way there already).

Was going to give hubby a quick shag last night, got in bed and thought naaaah! He's well going to have to wait now until looooong after this one is born.

kirrinIsland Mon 22-Oct-12 11:06:53

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who can't always tell whats movement and what's Braxton hicks! Sometimes it feels like the baby is putting all 4 limbs out straight and just pushing with all her might?! Very uncomfortable, whatever it is!
I have been known to resort to poking her if she's been a bit quiet, she doesn't appear to have any sort of routine.

I feel very achy today, but I think I'm still paying for yesterdays lactulose error! The fact that it's my own silly fault is not making me feel any better....

Iheartpasties Mon 22-Oct-12 11:08:57

yes - cannot belive i clicked on rhino dick, arf!

LittleLolly Mon 22-Oct-12 11:09:34

Good luck rowing and YW... Maybe 2 more November babies in October!

I keep trying to find time to put a little birth story on but my days seem to be flying past and I don't seem to do much except be amazed by everything my beautiful boy does. Oh, and ignore 'helpful' advice. Such as: me telling grandmas that DS didn't sleep until 6 am his first night. Grandma: 'did you give him some cooled boiled water?' Me: no grandma he was 6 hours old I'm not sure it will help.

Quick hint for you ladies from me... Buy yourselves a bottle of lavender essential oil and tea tree essential oil in case you need stitches. Mix few drops with spoonful of milk and pour in the bath or pour in a jug of water over your bits. It's so nice on the stitches.

My milk seems to have come in last night. I realised the hormones had hit when I cried at Dumbo on TV. Not even the bit where his mum is swinging him in her trunk (sob). I also cried because DS had his hand on my boob when I was feeding him and it looked cute.

Sorry if I've missed anyone's news/updates. Bring on the babies!!

TiAAAAARGHo Mon 22-Oct-12 11:10:46

Chunky mine has no pattern either. She has active days and then very lazy days. And she no longer really 'kicks' - more stretches (I assume it's too corwded in there now).

I've ended up calling the hospital a couple of times for some guidance, and they said that I should eat, have a cold drink, and lie down for an hour on my left side with zero distractions. Provided I feel movement at least 10 times in that hour, I shouldn't worry, and if not I should call them again.

From what I have read you should get checked if there is a massive increase in movement (i.e. very very panicked fighting to get out sort of movement) followed by a sudden cessation. otherwise, my local MFAU is only bothered if you feel nothing for 12 hours.

Lilliana Mon 22-Oct-12 11:10:58

OK,operation get rings off is on hold until tomorrow as I have now fiddled with them so much my finger is even more swollen. I've just sat through assembly really aware of my rings and feeling like they are restricting my finger! Must chill and will try all your advice and see how it goes.

WRT the HV: so my house needs to be clean but not too clean! I wonder what the correct balance is? - there's a film where a presidental candidate has advisors that have worked out the correct amount of scuff on his shoes, wonder if there is a HV tidiness equivalent?! grin

Chunky Baby is generally quite wriggly but does seem to have quiet days. Not counting the kicks or in a routine, as long as I have felt movements fairly recently I'm happy.

ShellyBobbs Mon 22-Oct-12 11:13:50

Mmmmm don't like the smell of this sage oil, it's beginning to smell like a farm here with this burning and me shitting all the time...........

StuntNun Mon 22-Oct-12 11:16:26

Detective it's probably not worth the effort of declining the health visitor. You'll most likely get one visit and then they'll just expect you to go the clinic if you need any advice or want to get the baby weighed. My mum is a Tameside health visitor and she gets given so many new babies to visit every week that she can't keep up. In the end they have to prioritise the ones that are at risk because of health problems, etc. She also works with a male health visitor, there can't be too many of those around.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Mon 22-Oct-12 11:17:07

When preg with DD I cleaned like a maniac for first MW visit as wanted to create the right impression. Even got the special M&S biscuits for tea. She told me that as long as they werent tripping over needles and empty bottles when they came in the door, they were happy. I thought she was joking, but perhaps not.

My baby tends to move when I am still. Or, what always works is a can of very cold coke. He goes mental!

Am feeling much better today. Am ready not to be pregnant anymore, but not sure am actually ready for a baby?!

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 11:18:05

Deepest apologies Shelly! grin

<Is most definitely not the tree hugging type either>

I keep looking at DP, thinking, can I? And then, naaaah, there is no room up there for anything else. Urghhhh. Sod that! Poor guy has been celibate since I was 24 weeks. A few more won't kill him he says it will!

LittleLolly Mon 22-Oct-12 11:18:39

Oh gosh I didn't even write about the baby.. He was 8 pounds exactly and his name is Harry. When i turned up to triage i was 6cm! My BP was very slightly up so they wouldn't let me on birth centre but let me in the pool on labour ward. I had a nice laid back midwife who bent the rules for me. I had gas and air at first but it made me feel sick so I was just in the birth pool, but had to get out after pushing for 2.5 hours and baby's head crowning for 20 mins because they thought his shoulders were stuck and his heart rate dropped. Let me tell you it's fun climbing out of a pool with half a head between your legs! Anyway, I had a little episiotomy and he flew out. I had delayed cord clamping and then Syntocin injection to deliver placenta which came within a few minutes. We had lots of skin to skin while I was stitched up. Discharged home 4 hours later!

I'm quite sore now, stitches hurt and I've got piles from pushing!! Nice. The huge maternity pads help though, like little cushions to sit on smile

All in all, I think I had a good birth even though it went a little wrong at the end.

My baby boy is just wonderful, I can't actually believe I made him!

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Mon 22-Oct-12 11:21:30

Congrats Lolly, glad you're happy with the birth overall. My first one did not go to plan but was still a good overall experience, if that makes sense. Enjoy all your cuddles. Harry is a lovely name.

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 11:22:16

Stunt I just can't be assed with the whole baby clinic thing either blush

Was going to weigh baby myself. And just have the routine imms at the GPs.

I hate people coming to my house at the best of times. Hate sitting in waiting for appointments, least of all when I'll have a 2 week old baby and probably be asleep when he is and have other things to do!

If I could decline a home visit, and go to clinic for the first visit, I'd prefer that. Even if I do think it would be pointless....!

I really dislike other people in my house... why am I having a home birth again?! Someone remind me please!!

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Mon 22-Oct-12 11:23:31

Oh, and TheDetective, a similar story here. Although I took some inspiration from VQ and gave DH a BJ a few nights ago and he was beyond happy/grateful/in awe. Will also keep him at bay for a while!!

ShellyBobbs Mon 22-Oct-12 11:24:05

Stunt I may meet your mum then grin

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 11:24:12

Oh, I got my oil burner in B&M grin

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 11:25:21

I think that a BJ would take about 2 seconds, but its 2 seconds I'd rather spend doing something else.

Like shitting a shard of glass

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Mon 22-Oct-12 11:27:07

Fair enough Detective. I must say though, that recent abstinence meant that I know my efforts would be quickly rewarded, and was a factor grin

ShellyBobbs Mon 22-Oct-12 11:27:45

I'd rather have sex than give him a BJ any day pleeeeeeugh, sex is much quicker when you flex those fanjo muscles grin

Little That is good going and a really good weight too!

ShellyBobbs Mon 22-Oct-12 11:28:48

Yeah, this sage oil is disgusting and making me feel ill now......

ShellyBobbs Mon 22-Oct-12 11:33:00

Right, I've got to get back to this blanket I'm making, I've got to have it finished before this one falls comes out.

TheDetective Mon 22-Oct-12 11:33:27

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Next thread!

This thread is not accepting new messages.