Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - lots of babies that can't wait for November

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 16-Oct-12 18:59:27

eliza I want to go to bluewater it's only a 45min drive from me.
I'm hoping to go there on dec 27th for the sales.

ShellyBobbs Wed 17-Oct-12 11:13:14

(To be muttered in a Boyce voice) Just ordered the old 'Clary Sage'.

Funnily enough I'm 37 weeks on Saturday wink, the pineapple shagging fest starts this weekend!

ShellyBobbs Wed 17-Oct-12 11:13:48

Am also currently bouncing on my ball whilst trying to knit.

PetiteRaleuse Wed 17-Oct-12 11:15:14

Hi everyone, I found out yesterday that my elcs is being brought forward to this Friday! I'll be admitted tomorrow afternoon and hope to be home early next week if all goes to plan. Trying to get my head round packing and spending one last day on my own with dd1..

Hoping the wifi at the hospital works so I can MN when baby asleep etc.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Wed 17-Oct-12 11:17:35

Congrats GT and hope you get some BF support soon.

ShellyBobbs Wed 17-Oct-12 11:18:36

Another Friday baby! Will there be any left for November? Petite I'm well jealous grin

TheDetective Wed 17-Oct-12 11:19:18

Oooh you've just reminded me Shelly for those of us having home births, what 'essentials' do you have!

My list so far is, 3 shower curtains, pack of inco pads, candles, bottled water, bananas, boiled sweets, lavender oil and clary sage oil, oil burner, birthing ball, new bucket, new hose, and a pile of old towels!

I'm hoping I have everything, but sure I've not thought of something! I've not been at a HB for years, so can't remember what else to have that would be useful! Oh, tea and coffee and cake for me the poor midwives who get to rock up at my gaff grin

TheDetective Wed 17-Oct-12 11:20:53

Most of that list is of course only of use if you are having a pool!

I see no need for a bucket and hose otherwise grin well, not unless you are extreme nesting in labour!

PetiteRaleuse Wed 17-Oct-12 11:20:58

Don't be jealous I'm dreading it. No reason to, loved the last section, just stressing out slightly.

Another baby on fri! I want to see pics on the fb group ladies!!

shelley I don't advise shagging a pineapple grin

I've just thought, if I have an induction does that mean I can't have her at the midwife unit? Do I have to be in the main hospital?

TheDetective Wed 17-Oct-12 11:27:38

It depends DH every hospital is different in terms of policy etc, but I'd say it's unlikely. An induction means you become high risk, and most Trusts policy is that you will be advised told to have continuous monitoring in active labour. Most midwifery led units won't have the facility for this. Best to check with them directly though as I say, every unit has their own policy/guidelines.

LittleLolly Wed 17-Oct-12 11:29:19

Congratulations GT, hope the breastfeeding gets easier. Looking forward to the name announcement smile

Wow, nervous and PR two more babies arriving on Friday! You will be having lovely new baby cuddles in 2 days!

Hope you feel better soon MM

stunt hope you are ok, sorry to hear about death in your family.

Well, I am 38+2 now. Blood pressure was fine at midwife appt this week so hopefully last week was just a blip. Fundal height is still measuring above 90th centile (arghh, he's going to be huge!) so midwife said I might be induced at 40+10 rather than 40+12. Sweep at 40 weeks. But let's hope this baby decides to appear on his own tonight if possible. Having lots of BH and head is engaged but I know that means nothing. The anticipation of knowing it could be any moment, any day is so hard!!

LittleLolly Wed 17-Oct-12 11:31:55

DH policy at my hospital is if you are induced with first pessary only and that starts your labour, you can still go on MLU. Anything after that means labour ward.

YellowWellies Wed 17-Oct-12 11:40:46

Lolly I'm measuring massive by fundal height but our regular growth scans show that junior is only 50th centile - it could just be fluid or positioning that is making him seem huge? A big bump isn't always a big baby.

shanelle5 Wed 17-Oct-12 11:48:30

Had my acupuncture- it bloody hurt! shock it felt likt electric shocks and as though I had hit my funny bone iykwim.
Anyway, gone now, 2nd session Friday which Im not looking forward to especially as im rather hmm that it works.
detective I dont have anything more than you for my home birth so cant add to your list but can I ask what you will be using the lavender and Clary for? Is it to go in a burner or in the bath? or neither smile
I keep eyeing up my gas and air cannisters nervously...

ValiumQueen Wed 17-Oct-12 11:50:41

DH I thought you were having a section on Friday? I am getting confused. Must be my age.

Why are they bringing your date forward petite ? I wish they would bring mine forward. Rotten they are admitting you the day before too! Can you not stay home and go in early? I have to be there for 8.30am. 8 more sleeps.

ValiumQueen Wed 17-Oct-12 11:53:27

Sorry DH getting you mixed up with nervous I think!

TheDetective Wed 17-Oct-12 11:55:16

Both Shanelle, although the Lavender is more for both now, as well as labour. Going to use it in the bath for relaxing grin and then burn in labour. Clary sage is for labour, and going to use it on a cloth for sniffing to help contractions if needed!

ShellyBobbs Wed 17-Oct-12 12:03:25

Detective Uuuurrrmmmm, just what got delivered yesterday plus a shower curtain blush. All the towels are old Asda rubbish anyway so not fussed about using any special ones and there is water in the tap grin I'm a massive tea drinker and triple up the usual quantity in labour so that's all I'm bothered about. I'm not into candles or whale music or anything, I just like peace and quiet and a nice cup of tea, that'll do me.

I do intend to buy a pack of Pampers bed mats for the floor, but I bet I don't. I am too laid back for my own liking though, even my eldest offered to pack me an 'emergency transfer bag' as she thinks my Asda carrier bag with a pack of sanitary towels, nipple pads and pack of white knickers is not good enough!

ShellyBobbs Wed 17-Oct-12 12:04:54

Ooohhh and I think I'm a bit too overexcited about my light shades that have just arrived from House of Fraser, they are uber chic and very classy and £25 off each shade was the second true bargain of the year for me.

ShellyBobbs Wed 17-Oct-12 12:06:26

My kids love the lavender now, they have sprinkled it all over their beds grin

TheDetective Wed 17-Oct-12 12:10:16

Not in to whale music either grin but the candles are because I can't stand the bright light of the dining room, and you can guarantee that the bulb in the lamp will blow (and the fuse!) at the worst moment grrrr! So the candles are more for my piece of mind that I don't have to have the big light on!!

I got new towels recently, so just put away the others for labour! And they are purple. Will hide all sins!

I've not got anything packed. DP will be dispatched with instructions should the need arise!

ValiumQueen Wed 17-Oct-12 12:20:45

shelly what was the first bargain of the year?

Just died of embarrassment. Opened the door thinking it was the postman, to be faced with a doctor (male, young, cute) from work. Really wish I had put a bra on today. At least I was dressed. His wife is due on the same day as me, so I am sure he understands. He was dropping off the contents of my desk and was very apologetic. He said he just 'packed it all'. Sanitary towels, sun glasses, pay slips, the usual shite. Very embarrassing indeed, but sweet of him.

TheDetective Wed 17-Oct-12 12:20:50

I am now going to take a 6 hour shower. Because I can!

Let the grooming commence!

I shall be a prune for the rest of the day!

Chunkychicken Wed 17-Oct-12 12:23:25

Thanks for the HB kit list!! smile Will be ordering my birth pool in a box soon, but have bought some £1 shower curtains already. Haven't bought new towels, but will just use some old dark red bath sheets I think. Could put them in the tumble dryer so they're all soft & fluffy, maybe even time it so they're warm... Not going to bother with burners or candles, but will prob borrow my mum's relaxation CDs for background music, as I don't think I could focus on breathing if I was singing along to Dolly Parton or something. grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.