Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013 Third Thread.

(997 Posts)
SecretCervix Tue 16-Oct-12 09:47:10

Sorry for the not very imaginative title. Noticed old thread was full and couldn't find a new one.

TerrorCottaPumpkinPie Wed 17-Oct-12 13:40:18

Oh 11+0 today

Picklep Wed 17-Oct-12 14:04:42

Sooo, midwife came round today and was surprised to hear I hadn't received my scan letter through. She called hospital and it turns out they've lost my form! So midwife is resubmitting a request form today. Ggggrrrrrrr. So for those of you that think you've been waiting a long time, it's worth following up with midwife.

Picklep Wed 17-Oct-12 14:05:13

10+4

LittleBairn Wed 17-Oct-12 14:20:46

Oh god I've just sobbed at Love Actually. It's the ending with real families reuniting sob...sob...sob..... blush

I've discovered something yummy M&S Roast beef sub roll with onion Mayo. Mmm and it stayed down too. Double bonus.

I've been having pain around my belly button too but it doesn't feel like ligament pain it's actually fairly sharp like someone is digging me with a hot poker for a second then the pain moves. Its not badly painful just causes discomfort, but enough to wake me twice in the night.

9+1

SecretCervix Wed 17-Oct-12 15:00:34

Hi guys, had my dating scan today, heartbeat there, baby wriggling away, was really strange to watch! (Scan with DD was earlier and she didn't do any moving!)

Lady scanning me was lovely and reassuring, and allowed me to listen to the heartbeat as well as confirming three times it was definitly there! She also printed three pics off for me and told me just to pay for the one of them, which was nice of her.

Massively reassured today then and much happier, just need to go back on the 1st for nuchal as I was slightly less along than I thought (10+6) so although baby was in perfect position to get the measurements, he was too small so once again going to have another scan to get those measurements in a couple of weeks smile

wilderumpus Wed 17-Oct-12 15:13:41

congrats secret! how lovely for you!

I haven't had any tummy pain around my tummy button but if I did I would think it was my stomach or bowels rather than baby related at this stage? Dunno tho.

bugger you not on system pickle. being at hosp yesterday was quite an eye opener into how disorganised it all seems to be, actually. Will badger my MW tomorrow to sort my scan out!

glad you have found something you like little.

<waves to everyone> this thread moves so fast I can't keep up grin

Sparklyboots Wed 17-Oct-12 16:01:49

Wow this thread moves quickly! Lovely scan stories, I'm also on the list of feelings-of-dread (don't feel so ms atm - is everything okay? missed my vits more than once or twice - is everything okay? no where near as healthy as I was before first pg - is everything okay? etc).

Can't decide whether to tell at DPs 40th party next week (I'll be 11w on the dot) or wait til the week afterwards when my parents are visiting, so they'll hear first this time. (Last time, DP just told the first person he talked to after finding out and everyone else, so my parents/ family were last to know as we don't live near them). I'm not sure I feel like saving it up for my DM, who knew I was trying over the summer, and said 'Good' when I said I had my period, and that it wasn't a good time for us to have another baby (have since got a job). She also used the opportunity to point out it'd be harder since I was still bf DS1 (21mo) which I think she thinks isn't quite right any more. So I feel a bit reluctant about blessing her with our news, as it were... But maybe I'm just acting out a teenage strop...

Interesting to hear MILs starting to grate; my MIL and I were fine til I got pg first time round - she was also unsupportive of a home birth, which I didn't have in the end b/c I'd just moved in with DP (halfway across the county) and didn't feel like I had enough supportive people around me (DP not too sure about it). Still considering options for this one, as we had a lovely time in the birth centre last time. MIL and I never regained easy relationship, for all sorts of subsequent (petty) reasons...

Really trying to keep up with everyone - roastpotatoes we have the same EDD (13th May - right?). Not having a scan for a couple of weeks, so am on best guess rather than growth scan dates.

Boodstress Wed 17-Oct-12 16:58:02

Hi all,
I've been looking forever and here you are. I am due, I think, May 5th but will be confirmed at first scan on Monday. I have 2 DS already and this was a big surprise but starting to get excited now. I got great support on here last time round.

Bunnychan Wed 17-Oct-12 17:49:39

So pleased to hear the lovely scan stories. Oh my god I've had a symptom relapse today- my boobs are killing, my spots have worsened and lots of achy sensations (TMI- especially down there!) feels like the beginning again! Also, I haven't heard anything from a MW yet- when should I expect to? I'm 8+5 x

SecretCervix Wed 17-Oct-12 18:14:27

LittlePickleHead - DC2 - edd 1 May - South East London
10storeylovesong - DC1 - edd 1 May
Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
ThePhantomPlopper - DC4 (eek) - EDD 2 May
Pinkand stripy DC1 EDD 2nd May
Thingiebob - DC2 - edd May 3
twirliedobbit - DC4 (argh!) - edd 4 May
Whyismymindblank - DC4 (argh! & eek!) edd 4 may
Twinklingelephant - DC1 - EDD 4th May.
Toffeesam - DC1- EDD 5th May
BadBuddha - DC2 edd 5 May
dowhat - DC3 - edd 6 May
SecretCervix- DC2- EDD 9th May West Midlands
milkandribena DC1 EDD 7th Math
DizziDoll -DC3 - EDD 8 May
TerracottaPie - DC4 - EDD 8th May
Mwncigirl - DC2 - EDD 9 May - North Wales
Rhienne DC2 EDD 9th May
rachywhite83 DC1 - EDD 9th May
BeauticianNotMagician-Age 31-DC3-EDD 10 May South Leicestershire
Beaver33 - DC1 - edd 10 May, South London (but Scottish really)
PickleP DC1 EDD 11th May.
Ellypoo - DC2 - 12th May
Bionic77 - DC1 EDD 15th May
Booboomonster - DC3 EDD 16 May
Wilderumpus -DC2-EDD 17 May
Babygeek -DC1 EDD 17 May Derbyshire
FrenchLimeBlossom age 35 - DC2 -EDD 17 May Cheshire
Frankienoodles- DC1- EDD 18 May
maybeAMaybaby DC2 EDD 19 May
Vickles-DC4-EDD 20 May Gloucestershire
OneDayBaby-DC1-EDD 20 May
Jenpenod - DC1 - EDD 20 May
Hopeful92 - DC1 - EDD 20 May
MelCGox - DC1EDD 21 May
LittleBairn Aged 27 DC1 EDD 21 May central Scotland
RTChoke DC3 EDD 21 May
Peardrop DC1 - EDD 21 May
Ktfrd DC2 EDD 22nd May
PedanticPanda DC2 EDD 22 May
EllieBuffalo - EDD 23rd May
CheerfulYank DC2- EDD 23rd May
MooLL DC2 EDD 23rd May
Cuppateaandagingersnap DC1 EDD 24th May Aberdeenshire
Lollypopscical EDD 24th May
Shelly81 age 31 DC3 EDD 24th May manchester
Bunnychan aged 28 DC1 EDD 24th May West Midlands
Thundercatsarego-DC1 - EDD 28 May
Ibelieveinpink EDD DC1 29th May
Kittykatskumkwat EDD DC1 29th May
Seven77 Age 26 DC3 EDD 30th May Suffolk coast
Frustratedsycamorepants DC2 EDD 3rd June

Sorry just giving the list an update as I was given an updated EDD today, 3 days later than I had worked out. Also added location smile

Boodstress Wed 17-Oct-12 18:42:32

Hi Secretcervix, here is the list with me on - hope thats ok. I have just caught up with the thread now blush

LittlePickleHead - DC2 - edd 1 May - South East London
10storeylovesong - DC1 - edd 1 May
Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
ThePhantomPlopper - DC4 (eek) - EDD 2 May
Pinkand stripy DC1 EDD 2nd May
Thingiebob - DC2 - edd May 3
twirliedobbit - DC4 (argh!) - edd 4 May
Whyismymindblank - DC4 (argh! & eek!) edd 4 may
Twinklingelephant - DC1 - EDD 4th May.
Toffeesam - DC1- EDD 5th May
BadBuddha - DC2 edd 5 May
Boodstress – DC3 EDD 5th May – Herts
dowhat - DC3 - edd 6 May
SecretCervix- DC2- EDD 9th May West Midlands
milkandribena DC1 EDD 7th Math
DizziDoll -DC3 - EDD 8 May
TerracottaPie - DC4 - EDD 8th May
Mwncigirl - DC2 - EDD 9 May - North Wales
Rhienne DC2 EDD 9th May
rachywhite83 DC1 - EDD 9th May
BeauticianNotMagician-Age 31-DC3-EDD 10 May South Leicestershire
Beaver33 - DC1 - edd 10 May, South London (but Scottish really)
PickleP DC1 EDD 11th May.
Ellypoo - DC2 - 12th May
Bionic77 - DC1 EDD 15th May
Booboomonster - DC3 EDD 16 May
Wilderumpus -DC2-EDD 17 May
Babygeek -DC1 EDD 17 May Derbyshire
FrenchLimeBlossom age 35 - DC2 -EDD 17 May Cheshire
Frankienoodles- DC1- EDD 18 May
maybeAMaybaby DC2 EDD 19 May
Vickles-DC4-EDD 20 May Gloucestershire
OneDayBaby-DC1-EDD 20 May
Jenpenod - DC1 - EDD 20 May
Hopeful92 - DC1 - EDD 20 May
MelCGox - DC1EDD 21 May
LittleBairn Aged 27 DC1 EDD 21 May central Scotland
RTChoke DC3 EDD 21 May
Peardrop DC1 - EDD 21 May
Ktfrd DC2 EDD 22nd May
PedanticPanda DC2 EDD 22 May
EllieBuffalo - EDD 23rd May
CheerfulYank DC2- EDD 23rd May
MooLL DC2 EDD 23rd May
Cuppateaandagingersnap DC1 EDD 24th May Aberdeenshire
Lollypopscical EDD 24th May
Shelly81 age 31 DC3 EDD 24th May manchester
Bunnychan aged 28 DC1 EDD 24th May West Midlands
Thundercatsarego-DC1 - EDD 28 May
Ibelieveinpink EDD DC1 29th May
Kittykatskumkwat EDD DC1 29th May
Seven77 Age 26 DC3 EDD 30th May Suffolk coast
Frustratedsycamorepants DC2 EDD 3rd June

PedanticPanda Wed 17-Oct-12 18:57:36

Hi all, congrats secret on your news. The only person we've told was dp's uncle as he couldn't work out why else I couldn't get a catscan after my tumour was found, he is a GP and kept asking questions about it thinking my doctor was incompetent for not booking me in straight away! Everyone else will have to wait until after our scan, I've been blaming my tiredness on not being well which has worked so far. I'm dying to tell DS though, I can't wait to tell him he'll be a big brother!

Re being emotional; today I was almost in tears when I took DS to see Madagascar today in the cinema and there was an advert about a cardboard box who had to stay in hospital without his parents.

Vickles Wed 17-Oct-12 19:06:02

Boden has lovely maternity clothes, and they go up to size 22. There's always loads on eBay as well.
I've discovered fine milled oat cakes... They're bloody wonderful for nausea.and they come in handy little packs of five.

PedanticPanda Wed 17-Oct-12 19:06:15

Could someone add me to the list with where I live added, I'm on my phone and it won't let me.

PedanticPanda, DC2 EDD 22 May West Scotland.

Boodstress Wed 17-Oct-12 19:44:12

By the way, not sure if someone has mentioned yet but I have found the solution to my extreme nausea which I had all day and night - it's seabands - designed for travel sickness but also used for 'morning' sickness. If it moves off the pressure point I can feel the nausea return so know they are working. So thrilled to have found them smile

FrenchLimeBlossom Wed 17-Oct-12 20:17:41

Gosh this moves fast!! Congrats on lovely scan news, great to hear good stories. We have our scan on Saturday and I'm feeling nervous but hopefully will be ok.

Also second (or third) the mini cheddars thing. Nausea has given way to heavier sickness in the last few days, hopefully that's a good sign. Bring on the crisps!

On maternity clothes I recommend Isabella Oliver and Mamas and Papas, plus H&M have good stuff.

Hope everyone stays well!

berri Wed 17-Oct-12 20:23:03

Ooh French my scan is on Saturday too smile

seven77 Wed 17-Oct-12 21:59:14

Welcome to the thread bood, how old are your DS's?

terror hope the 9yo is ok now, glad you avoided the dihorrea!

We told my mum tonight, she was here babysitting. We said we'd wait until after the scan but I absolutely hate keeping things from her. Also it's ideal as MIL is coming round tomorrow, we wouldn't want to tell them many days apart in case they run into each other, and would rather not do it over the phone as they both live relatively close by.

I had my booking in today which all went well. I'm consultant led as my 2 DCs were both pre-term labours, though I was consultant led last time and she was really lovely, so I don't mind. Plus it's extra chances to hear the heartbeat and means I'll get an extra scan around 34 weeks smile.

bunny I think it works differently in some places to others. Where I am after you tell the GP you don't get contacted by a MW, you just make the booking in appointment with the MW at the surgery for between 8-10 weeks, then the MW books the scan. I know in other places though the GP just makes a referral then you get sent the booking and scan appointments. Could be worth ringing your GP surgery to chase it up or check what their procedure is.

Ellypoo Wed 17-Oct-12 22:26:43

Hi all
We have told most of our friends already as well as our immediate families because we know we need their support whatever happens - dd1 died when she was just 2 days old due to reduced movements cos of blood clots in placenta on new years eve last year so we are really scared that something horrid will happen again.
Great news for those who have had their scans - I'm on total countdown to mine next Thurs.
10+3

berri Thu 18-Oct-12 02:14:16

Oh Elly how terribly sad sad I just can't imagine going through that. I'm sure everything will be fine for you now. This waiting for the scan is frustratingly slow isn't it. Loads of hand holding here if you need it.

Seven - when were your dc born? DS was early too, my waters broke at 31 weeks and he arrived 3 mins into my 32nd! I did bleed throughout the pregnancy though and so far with this one I haven't had any real bleeding so maybe it'll all be different this time. Did they give you any reasons for the early labours?

SeaSalt1 Thu 18-Oct-12 04:58:11

Hello everyone, just wanted to say a shy hi and join your thread. I'm 8 + 2 and due on May 28th.

Without wanting to kick off on a negative note (I'm generally pretty cheery!) I'd appreciate a bit of support (you ladies seem very good at that, from the posts I have read!). I'm feeling a little sad today as we moved abroad (to the far east) three weeks ago for six months and I'm struggling with the perfect storm of new (extremely demanding) job + new country + pregnancy (my first - complete with morning sickness). I wish I had some friends here - I don't know anyone and am feeling very isolated and missing my Mum and girlfriends.

We move back to the UK in early April, when I'll be about 32 weeks, so will need to find a home and slot into the NHS in time for the birth. So much to think about. We are absolutely delighted to be pregnant, it's wonderful, but had I known I wouldn't have applied to come out here (the wonders of hindsight!)

Anyway, I suppose I am just seeking a bit of reassurance that I'm not alone really. Anyone out there?

Elly - huge congratulations on the pregnancy - and so sad to hear what you went through last year. I have three friends who have had similar experiences recently and know how enormously brave you are. Am here for any hand holding / reassurance required!

seven77 Thu 18-Oct-12 06:23:55

elly how sad, I'm so sorry sad. Really hope everything turns out ok this time for you.

berri not as early as yours. DS was 35+5, DD 35+6. No reason for delivering early, with DS they said it could have been because I had pre-eclampsia, but then I didn't get it with DD. the odd thing is my sister had her DD at 34+6, again no reason, but my mum went full-term with both of us. Hope you manage to go further this time.

seasalt loads of us here for support, you're definitely not alone. Where are you at the moment?

LittlePickleHead Thu 18-Oct-12 07:15:16

Just checking into the new thread! Not much new to report, time seems to be standing still until the scan (5 days to go...)

Elly, will be keeping fingers crosses for you this pregnancy, that must have been such a traumatic experience for you.

And sea salt, congrats and welcome! I really feel for your situation - you've come to the right place for support.

12+1 today smile

SecretCervix Thu 18-Oct-12 08:15:43

Forgot to bring this up yesterday, but has anyone got experience of vaginal delivery after a previous tear?

I had a third degree tear with my daughter, so obviously needed lots of stitches. As I am having my scans at a different hospital to the one I will be delivering at, but while I was there yesterday asked if I could deliver there as well, was told no, because if I do tear down the same bit as it were, they have not got the facilities (theatre) to sort me out. Have been told as well I can elect to have an episiotomy and worst case scenario I could need a section, (really do not want a section) but have an appointment for when I am 34 weeks to check the situation and sort out my options.

Sorry if this has made no sense to anybody, just wanted to get it out there and get opinions from you lovely ladies.

wilderumpus Thu 18-Oct-12 08:54:36

hey ladies

elly am so sorry to hear about your DD. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you. We'll be here to see you through this pg smile

seasalt welcome! Oh it must be hard for you, I hate being away from home when I am pg even on holiday when normally I am a big traveller. I hope work isn't take it out of you too much and you are taking full advantage of skype. Have you told anyone yet? what's maternity care like where you are?

secret no knowledge about birth after such a tear, sorry. Sounds like you do know what your options are though. I don't know why you would opt to have an episiotomy before you actually need one though... Can they not be more vigilant than before? Also I heard that you are less likely to tear with subsequent pgs <crosses fingers>

berri and seven I know this isn't anywhere near as early as you guys but I delivered DS at 37+4 and am really worried this one will be a preemie. Subsequent babies are meant to be earlier aren't they? berri that is early indeed, hope everything was ok.

booking-in later. Hope we get our scan date sorted today!

9+4 (have decided to go with scan dates so am put back a couple of days but won't change stats till had 12 week scan)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now