Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in dec 2012 - things that go BUMP in the night!

(1000 Posts)
WerewolvesDoTheFandango Mon 15-Oct-12 20:10:49

New thread here ladies!

Clarella Tue 30-Oct-12 17:33:26

Doh, do you know what I was on that thread! blush Don't think they got to working out how long/ much etc - will check.

Got my eve prim - wondering about perineal massage .....blush

Just had my first taste - I quite like it too! Might do the tea for a bit over next couple of weeks then maybe capsules (if baby still in place). Figure another thing I can drink, been missing so many various drinks! Have hidden from DH though, he's convinced it brings on labour.

brooke89 Tue 30-Oct-12 17:34:39

Trying to catch up and wow congratulations honey! Glad he is doing well!

With people on the discharge...I woke up the other morning and there was so much I was sure it was my waters-blush went into the day assessment unit where they did an internal and it was just discharge - apparently perfectly normal in the last stages!

Clarella Tue 30-Oct-12 17:38:08

My sister just told me that she found gas and air the 'best drug induced high ever and found it hysterically funny' - hoping these things are inherited smile

AlisonDB Tue 30-Oct-12 17:44:12

Oh Stacy, poor you!
I'm sure that for a short time no harm will be done,
fingers crossed you feel better soon,
when do you fly home?

Barbeasty Tue 30-Oct-12 17:54:50

Spotty I think the last sentence answers the question- I'm definitely much more shouty when my hip/ back are worse. And of course DD wants more carrying etc when I really can't.

Honey glad things are going well.

I thought I'd finished my Christmas shopping at the weekend (hence the really bad back on Sunday), but realised I'd forgotten to get myself a cracker present.

A day or 2 out of date, but I think we're going to get vouchers for the baby for Christmas so we can get him stuff later in the year- it will be a long time to his birthday, whereas DD is exactly 6 months apart. And I'm doing a stocking so that DD can "help" with it. Just bits I'd have got anyway, but wrapped up!

AlisonDB Tue 30-Oct-12 17:54:59

I didnt do perineal massage last time. I did tear but only needed 3 stitches,

Not sure if I'm going to do it this time (get DH to do it) the way I feel today if he even looked at me down there I'd probably punch him! Poor man!!!

I'm going to do the Raspberry leaf - from next week and am definatly giving the Evening primrose a go too, I'd not heard about that last time!!

Thanks alison we fly back Friday morning. Still feels like a long way away.

utopian99 Tue 30-Oct-12 18:19:03

alison I read the tea/oil thread too, have bought the capsules in readiness (am 33+4 now, going to start next week.) am thinking of starting on 2 pills a day and ramping up to 6 a day by week 40...

Have also bought oil of E P, mentioned it to dh the other day who made a very hmm face!

AlisonDB Tue 30-Oct-12 18:25:10

Haha Utopian, my DH seems to have that face whenever I bring up labour, contractions, sore bits, everything, I think it's a man thing!!!

I like your thinking 6 a day by wk 40.
I'm 33wks today, so not that far behind you...

emilyeggs Tue 30-Oct-12 18:44:11

Just catching up with today's chat. Is the EP oil to massage on or to take as capsules? confused

WeeJo08 Tue 30-Oct-12 18:49:59

Emily Apparently you put the EP capsule....erm....up there.

Secondsop Tue 30-Oct-12 18:54:38

I missed the evening primrose oil thread. What does it do?

emilyeggs Tue 30-Oct-12 18:55:38

Oo err! Ok! But won't it all leak out (tmi) blush hang on! You mean to say you've got EP cap up there AND up to six of the other cap up there! confused

FriendofDorothy Tue 30-Oct-12 19:01:54

I thought it was just me with the discharge thing. Thank goodness!

CODwidow Tue 30-Oct-12 19:12:17

I'm joining the discharge club too blush

I'm not going to bother taking anything. Too lazy/forgetful I'm bad enough at taking my aspirin everyday! This baby's just going to fall out anyway isn't he, right?!

Got scan and consultant tomorrow. Will be 31+6 for anyone who wants to guess the weight grin

AlisonDB Tue 30-Oct-12 19:21:59

Seconds, Emily,
The evening primrose you can either take orally or you can insert it as close as you can to the opening of the cervix.
It has apparently the same thing that is used when they medically induce you - prostaglandin but in a much milder doseage, it's purpose is to soften the cervix and help kick start contractions, which is why it shouldn't be done any sooner that week 37.
Yes the oil can leak which is why bed time is best as you wont be walking around. But wear a liner so any oil that does leak doesn't stain your underwear/pjs/bedding,
But it's only 1 little capsule so it's not going to be too messy! :-)

The Raspberry leaf is to be taken orally as a capsule or as tea, but people on the other thread said the capsules are most effective,
This is only to tone the uterus, not to start labour/contractions etc... Hence why it can be started earlier wk 34.

emilyeggs Tue 30-Oct-12 19:46:15

Thanks alison had visions of treating ones body like a slot machine with all that pill popping blush

AlisonDB Tue 30-Oct-12 20:15:21

Hahahahahaha that made me giggle!!

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Tue 30-Oct-12 20:24:05

Now got visions of emily tottering around knock kneed with a fanjo full if pills grin

ohh emily and fandango you reduced me to tears, DH is very bemused, tried to explain what had so tickled me but couldn't make much sense through the fits of giggles grin

emilyeggs Tue 30-Oct-12 20:35:15

grin

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Tue 30-Oct-12 20:38:31

The only problem is you have to hold your bloody ribs when you laugh at this point to stop yourself from pulling something!

prunella I have your rib pain thing, it seems to be where the skin is stretching off the ribs. It feels like a Chinese burn!

Secondsop Tue 30-Oct-12 20:38:58

Am I the only one who is BEYOND freaked out at the prospect of placing anything at all right up near her cervix? Isn't it like self-administering a smear test? It reminds me of another thread [ABSOLUTELY NO PUN INTENDED] where a woman described removing her own IUD!

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Tue 30-Oct-12 20:40:54

This thread is not accepting new messages.