Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in dec 2012 - things that go BUMP in the night!

(1000 Posts)
WerewolvesDoTheFandango Mon 15-Oct-12 20:10:49

New thread here ladies!

Exciting pidj grin

As of 31st October I have fortnightly scans so know it'll go really quick from then!

Bellaboo123 Sun 21-Oct-12 20:17:47

I'm another one who recommends Costco - really good value.

Feeing really ill - awful headache, lights making it worse, body aches, feet are burning, eyes hurt - just generally feeling sorry for myself sad

Bella you can take co-codamol if paracetamol hasn't worked (as long as you've left adequate time between). Hope you feel better

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Sun 21-Oct-12 20:23:25

My DP pegs trousers by the knees and then wonders why I repaeg them. Have you ever tried ironing peg marks out of work trousers, especially when they are non-iron. Ditto peg nipples in tops!

Bellaboo123 Sun 21-Oct-12 20:30:23

Thanks spotty I might try that -I'm sure I've got some

My DP is the same if he hangs washing out its a mess and takes ages to dry unless I straighten it all up!

Yep a definite trend. DP layers things about 4 items thick, doesn't shake out sleeves etc and everything smells. And if he ever puts it away it takes me months to find anything again as he puts things in the nost ridiculous of places...hmm

EggsMichelle Sun 21-Oct-12 20:36:52

My DH insists on tumble drying everything (will get it out the washer before I can hang it) then leaves it in the tumbly too long and moans that it needs extreme ironing after (I refuse to iron his clothes if he has tumbled them!)

Made DH shave my legs (was resembling a bear) feel a lot cooler now on my legs, very lovely feeling!

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Sun 21-Oct-12 20:37:01

Oops just had chippy tea which has shot my blood sugars straight to 9.0 eek! I'm going to get told off on Wednesday at diabetes clinic blush it was worth it

Mine was 10 after dinner grin don't be surprised if it goes a bit higher still as your body takes longer to absorb fatty things. Don't panic about it though its only one reading smile

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Sun 21-Oct-12 20:48:54

Haha I feel so naughty. I so deserve a high reading, I had pudding, chips, mushy peas and gravy. Back on the salmon and rice this week to prove I can be good. Suppose it's been 3 weeks now so not surprising they're starting to get worse. I haven't seen a dietician yet, that's only on Friday.

pmgkt Sun 21-Oct-12 20:57:04

I think there is a lot said for the shape of baby/nappies. I don't get on with pampers at all, wouldn't get them if they were free, huggies newborn were lovely but size 3 upwards only if they are cheap. I love Asda or Tesco, and they are cheap.

giraffe213 Sun 21-Oct-12 21:41:25

So true about DP/DH's and laundry... you all could be describing my own! And I rarely iron so it has to be hung flat, not just thrown on there.

Like Pidgin I bought Pampers so I could get the free changing bag - I haven't bought any Huggies because they haven't given me any vouchers! I heard Lidl nappies are also good, but I'm not planning to buy any more until after the birth as baby will be in cloth as soon as he/she is big enough.

Definately a trend for DH/DPs then. Lol

At least they have their good points!

A friend brought more baby stuff round for me today. Play mat with arch, bumbo, door bouncer, walker, and 3-12 month boys clothes. Let's hope bump is a boy I'll never have to buy clothes again! Lol

With the other dcs I used tesco own brand nappies they were great. This time I've got both huggies and pampers from Costco when they were cheap, so I'll work out which fit best. I was given tiny baby nappies by a friend, up to 5lb, I keep looking at them and going 'awwww' as they look like dollies nappies.

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Sun 21-Oct-12 21:45:42

Same here, giraffe, i just need to get through the meconium first!

I made the mw laugh pointing out the baby will be in cloth while I'm in sposies wink

cashmere Sun 21-Oct-12 22:02:32

Just a quick question to you all.
I'm 34 weeks now. Next weekend DH is out all Saturday at football/pub. Not great timing as I'm shattered finishing up at work and will then not get a rest at weekend (will have an energetic toddler to deal with!)
Weekend after is our anniversary so potential for him to drink then too (36 weeks), as we are going out for a meal.
Sooo
When is your DP/DH stopping having more than 'a drink'?

giraffe213 Sun 21-Oct-12 22:05:26

You just made me laugh too Pidjin! Is probably true but I don't want to think about that yet, though I have thrown a couple of packs of maternity pads into the hospital bag. Apparently you can get them reusable too but I'm not going to.

MyDaydream Sun 21-Oct-12 22:22:22

cashmere mine doesn't drink too much anyway, but I guess I'd be happy with him getting drunk up to the beginning of December (due 20th) as long as he was available to call. My experience of DP is that he sobers up quickly in an emergency so wouldn't worry as long as he was able to get home to be with me. He also never gets fall on his arse drunk, so even his more than a drink would just be merry and a bit irritating.

cashmere my DH doesn't drink so unfortunately I can't help you.

Urgh went to sleep at 9.30 hmm

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Mon 22-Oct-12 04:34:45

So who's in the 4:30 club tonight? Bloody hormones, need sleep angry

Dp doesn't drink often either. If it was me I would probably say no drinking from 36 weeks but we have to drive to get anywhere so he really needs to be sober!

Sorry to those having crap sleep sad

Ah werewolves I was up at 4 but managed to get back to sleep pretty quickly thankfully!

Dd's birthday today. Bring on the ( huge ) chocolate fudge cake!

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Mon 22-Oct-12 08:31:06

Cashmere, I'm not sure I've ever seen dp have more than 2-3 i'm a different story we're neither of us that fond of it tbh. We'll be going out for my birthday at 38 weeks and I'd expect there to be a bottle of wine on the table (between 4, my folks are treating us) plus maybe a beer first, but even with me not pg, the 4 of us wouldn't necessarily finish a bottle! Mind you, I'm coming up 31 and he's 47 and we both drank/went out more when we were younger. Is it an age/attitude/peer pressure thing?

Giraffe, cloth sanitary protection make me want to hurl! Blood stains don't wash out like poo/wee, and you have to get it to 90* to kill all the bugs.

I was in the 2am and 5 am clubs...

2blessed Mon 22-Oct-12 08:36:11

I was up too, but for once I didn't lurk on MN! Pottered around for a bit and then got myself ready for work, in at 8 this morning so leaving at 4 on the dot.
Hope your DD enjoys her birthday stacey. Choc fudge cake sounds really good right now.

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Mon 22-Oct-12 09:15:06

I just got up and watched all my Sky plus stuff. I am half dead now at work and have a full day followed by a 40 mile commute. Need a nap

utopian99 Mon 22-Oct-12 09:37:30

DH is back in work after eating nothing all day yesterday.. I feel grim but sure a food bug would have kicked in by now? Have loads to do still, but feel totally shattered.

Haven't thought hard about DH not drinking or discussed yet, but overheard him saying to a mate that he's already thinking about reining it in. Dd is 15th Dec, so realistically thinking not too much of an issue till mid Nov?

This thread is not accepting new messages.