Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - babies arriving early and impatient mummies-to-be

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 09-Oct-12 20:39:33
Iheartpasties Thu 11-Oct-12 09:36:21

vq!!!! oooow.

NervousAt20 Thu 11-Oct-12 09:47:30

Good luck today at your reviews blue hope you can have your home birth

Hope everything okay GT and you managed to get some sleep

I agree that october is dragging too

valium what time do you have your MW app? Sounds like things could be happening grin

Hope your okay too natty

Have a fair bit if housework to do today, joy and think I might start washing LO clothes I was going to wait until next week when ill be over 37 w but getting worried as alot of ladies are going early

blonderthanred Thu 11-Oct-12 09:53:17

Wow 'citin VQ!

Today I am wearing socks for the first time since May. I think it might be Autumn.

Iheartpasties Thu 11-Oct-12 09:54:14

how many babies will be born to this thread? I think we get through a thread per 4 days so maybe one baby!?

Iheartpasties Thu 11-Oct-12 09:58:17

We just had take away pizza for tea! you guys r to blame.

ShellyBobbs Thu 11-Oct-12 09:58:56

GT Hope everything is OK

VQ Oooohhhh, aren't you the bugger that told us to stop until Cat gives birth you naughty naughty girl grin

As for counting and juggling tennis balls in labour!! If ANYONE even makes a sound when I'm having a contraction, touches me or even looks at me, I will floor them! ONCE with my first my hubby said, 'are you having a contraction?', he learnt after that to just stay quiet and stay away from me smile I would just happily go into a room on my own and give birth, I really would prefer to do that and just give someone a shout if I thought I needed help.

I've got a really bad headache in my right eye and am completely knackered despite 7.5 hours totally uninterrupted sleep last night. I think I'm going to go back to bed for a bit and try and shift it.

Just had another massive bowl of porridge, baby must have definitely moved right down because my belly will fit loads of porridge in now, which I am very happy about grin

Oh and I've still only put on 8lb, so like you Detective my weight has not changed for months either, looks like I'm going to end this pregnancy weighing 10st 12lb! Very strange.....

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Thu 11-Oct-12 09:59:56

Hiya, John Bishop was amazing. All staff couldn't have been more helpful to the heavily pregnant lady on crutches, so so helpful.

My DD is away overnight at Granny's but I'm up instead of lying in cos I stupidly forgot she wouldn't be here this morning and when health visitor called to see if she could come meet me today I said yes. She is not here yet, with two mins to go, and my tummy feels like a bum explosion is on the way....this could be interesting as no doubt when I go to loo she will arrive at door!! Argh!

I have midwife this afternoon as well. Fun fun fun!

I've put on 2 stone already, am now 10st and reckon it'll go up even more.

Swimmings off as ds has a cold so we're going out for lunch then prob spend all afternoon indoors as its going to rain, fun fun.

I'm going to start washing baby clothes next week and think about packing my hosp bag.

MissMummy1 Thu 11-Oct-12 10:09:47

Crap sleep last night. Made a point of keeping dh awake instead of my usual tiptoeing around him so he now KNOWS I don't do it intentionally! All of yesterday's lectures must have paid off because he didn't moan once grin. Slept for a few hours this morning so not feeling too grumpy. I'm waiting for loads of deliveries today from ebay etc - kinda expected most of them on monday but had no sign of postie for 2 days grr!!

I'm finding october is going very quickly but then I've made a point of making plans for every few days and every weekend and I'm trying to work as much as possible and see lots of people while I still can. November on the other hand will probably now drag. And if this baby has inherited the stubborn gene, the first 2 weeks of december will drag too!

VQ that sounds like the start of something to me! not that I would know! Glad you've got mw today. Keep us posted!!

GT hope all was okay xx

Daisy how exciting!! I was up at those times - and every hour in between too - so a teeny bit jealous you had a baby to keep you company! Fc you're home soon x

Iheartpasties Thu 11-Oct-12 10:12:50

izzy ha! I bet she turns up just as you sit down to relieve yourself!!

StuntNun Thu 11-Oct-12 10:27:03

According to the BabyCentre pregnancy weight gain estimator www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/ I should expect to gain 25-35 lb during pregnancy. I'm currently on 24 lb weight gain with four weeks to go so I'm pretty happy that I'll be towards the lower end of that predicted weight gain, especially as my stomach is pretty squished at the minute.

Sainsburys have just delivered so that's my week's grocery shopping done. That counts as housework right? I did have to put it away.

Legs crossed VQ and hang on for your CS!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Thu 11-Oct-12 10:40:02

iheart you were pretty close with your prediction! Will spare the details but just lucky she wasn't a minute earlier!

SwissArmyWife Thu 11-Oct-12 10:51:14

stunt that definitely counts as housework. Putting my shopping away wears me out!

VQ oooh typical eh? Let's hope he stays put until your section!

TMI -- anyone else have piles? I've got two of the buggers. Never had them before so a bit of a shock, any advice on keeping them at bay? Or does it mean baby is lower down now and they won't go away until i've given birth?!

DonnaDoon Thu 11-Oct-12 10:53:50

Hi guys Thankyou for all your lovely messages just skimmed through quick but will catch up properley later.....home today I would have been 37wks today....no special reason she came early....although I must admit that I do not put my feet up in pregnancy....anyway Illl update about the birth later....but baby is fine,feeding very well and Ive called her Darcey ( DarceyDoon LOL )

Iheartpasties Thu 11-Oct-12 10:54:15

I've got a beauty of a pile! I wack loads of cream on when I remember but honestly I dont think they go until after the birth.

izzy arf!!

And daisy its so exciting getting your updates, really lovely. best wishes to you and your new little one!

GTbaby Thu 11-Oct-12 10:58:40

Hello. Extremely tired. Started of falling asleep in a 4 bed room. Has 2 join. Had 1 leave. Then another join. So lots of lights on and off n noise.
They have checked heart beat again n say its good. But I'm so paranoid movement is less. A can feel him. But not as strong belly moving type kicks like before.

Passmethecrisps Thu 11-Oct-12 10:58:59

Would lots of fibre and fluid help the piles? Or are pregnancy piles different.

How lovely that you are getting home Donna.

Is there any truth that your baby is likely to come earlier if you got early movements? I am sure I read somewhere that there is a correlation. I think it is just wishful thinking as I got movements from 16 weeks. I will regret wishing this time away.

Are the exploding bottoms pregnancy related? Should I prepare for that?

Passmethecrisps Thu 11-Oct-12 11:00:31

Poor you GT. Fingers crossed all is well and you can get home and get some proper rest.

kirrinIsland Thu 11-Oct-12 11:08:31

Great that your heading home donna and Darcey is a lovely name smile

GT hope you are managing to get some sleep.

VQ keep us posted, sounds like things might be happening......

I have also put on just shy of 2 stone (half a stone more than last time already) but I don't seem to have put any on in the last few weeks -I thought this was the bit when we were supposed to pile it on? Not that I'm complaining mind!

Iheartpasties Thu 11-Oct-12 11:22:17

donnadoon lovely to hear from you - I cross posted with you (sorry!) love the name, one of my mums favorites.

ValiumQueen Thu 11-Oct-12 11:27:57

Explosive bums can indicate labour is looming, but does not mean it will happen imminently.

Appt 1pm. Have been scrubbing with bleach. DH thinks he should call NHS24 as I am clearly unwell. Cheeky bugger.

Car seat fits. Good.

Will let you know if anything exciting happens. After my initial abject fear, I am feeling a bit more philosophical about things. If he turns up early, there is nothing I can do about it. The fear is all to do with control. After my first birth experience I feel the need to be in control. Perhaps I have something to learn from this.

Iheartpasties Thu 11-Oct-12 11:28:39

My BIL has just been chatting with me via FB chat, I hardly ever in my life have chatted with him, but he was telling me he has uploaded some videos of him singing and playing the guitar and that he is going to do an open mike night at his local pub. Now I cannot bring myself to watch the videos as I just know they will be totally cringe-y smile

NervousAt20 Thu 11-Oct-12 11:42:19

Great to hear your going home today donna look forward to hearing your story when your up to it and have time grin

GT glad everything seems okay with baby, hopefully your home soon so can get some proper rest

I had something else to write but can't think for the life of me confused

WaitingForMe Thu 11-Oct-12 11:43:33

I've not been weighing myself as I'm sure I'm piling it on now [bush]

WaitingForMe Thu 11-Oct-12 11:44:21

blush even.

This thread is not accepting new messages.