Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - babies arriving early and impatient mummies-to-be

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 09-Oct-12 20:39:33
TiAAAAARGHo Thu 11-Oct-12 03:06:55

Hi all. Marking place while suffering insomnia. If I could only sleep between 2 and 5am...

DebussyHead Thu 11-Oct-12 04:38:28

Another insomniac here. My legs are killing me and I'm starving. Think I'll just get up and have some cereal.

rowingdowntheriver Thu 11-Oct-12 04:45:27

I'm awake too! Am going to catch up on the thread - should help me pass an hour!

NattyCraig Thu 11-Oct-12 04:50:50

Marking place, due 01/11 smile)

izzy I'm very envy I missed out going to Rhod Gilbert earlier in the year when my MS combined with a uti meant I was too ill to go, although I did find out I was pregnant during a weekend in London seeing Jack Whitehall grin can't wait to get back to comedy gigs again!

As for Ferps/barts?! I have had excessive wind which is usually followed by "gosh! Thanks for that baby!" grin down side is DP blames the baby for his too, claiming he's already a little ventriloquist who can "throw his farts!" grin

I was entirely not glamorous in labour, first time my water burst in a gush on the hospital floor which I cried because I thought I had done a wee on my foot, followed by a big poo while pushing. blush

Second time I said "I'm going to be sick!" The midwife told me it was in my head and to calm down or I would be sick so I promptly threw up out the window. blush

Classy laydee am I grin

GT I hope all is well, have some <hugs>

( although, can you imagine 2 heavily pregnant ladies hugging? It would be hilarious! I might have to go find one in RL now to test this theory.smile)

StuntNun Thu 11-Oct-12 06:24:47

Tits I don't think it would work unless you have very long arms lol.

GT I hope everything's alright and you managed to get some sleep.

I definitely never vomited in labour and I don't remember doing a poo either (although it's possible I did and it was whisked away without me knowing) so don't worry first-timers, labour isn't all about the bodily fluids!

DH has finally brought down lots of stuff from the loft now his panic has finally set in at 28 days to go so I have lots of lovely baby stuff to sort through and clean. I found the old bagsling that DS2 had so I'm going to part exchange it for a new Calinbleu wrap seeing as they're now considered unsafe. I can't say I'm surprised as it was never possible to get DS2 into a comfy position in it. Cot should be going up at the weekend and I must really get my bags packed now I'm 36 weeks. I also have to pack bags for my DSs in case they have to stay with their Grampy overnight. It could be really complicated because he lives 30 minutes drive away so I don't know how he'll get them to school on time if he needs to. I have enough problems and it's two minutes drive for me.

Baby was really active for about three hours non-stop yesterday evening. He was either practicing Ju Jitsu or trying to do star jumps. I take it that increased movement is nothing to worry about. I hope this one's not hyperactive like his big brother.

Just marking my place
Good we talk lots grin

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 11-Oct-12 07:02:51

detceive I dreamt about your pool last night!!!! grin

I am really trying to enjoy these last days, particularly the ones where DS is at nursery and I can pay 50s housewife hmmand just potter about......but.......does anyone else feel that October is dragging by?

Catbag Thu 11-Oct-12 07:07:44

Yes, Sophia, October is dragging. This thread should have been named 'another thread for Catbag to fill up with whinging' lol

ValiumQueen Thu 11-Oct-12 07:18:32

Welcome natty same due date as me and horsey She will be pleased. I am due a section in 2 weeks, but wonder if boy may be making plans for an earlier escape. Term today!!!

TMI alert! Have had slight blood tinged discharge. I do not think it is my waters as not enough. Deffo not wee (for a change). Nothing jelly like. Just like you get with the tail end of a period. Mostly old blood, but a slight bit of fresh when I went to the loo this morning. Also accompanied by sore BHs and low period type cramps. I am seeing the MW today, but I think I am in denial a bit. That is the trouble with a planned section. You do not really consider what might happen if things kicked off before that date. I do not want things to kick off before that date.

Wow loads to catch up on overnight!

Welcome natty not long for you then!

valium ooh things could be imminent then, I'm guessing if things start before your planned c-sec they'll just do it early?

Not much going on here today, think we're going to take ds swimming this morning.

Dixiebell Thu 11-Oct-12 07:29:22

Ooh valium good luck!

ValiumQueen Thu 11-Oct-12 07:41:11

No! no! You are not meant to say that! You are meant to say probably a UTI or something! (does not mention back pain or recent bum explosion).

Yes, they would just do the section, but I would need to be well on the way to labour I think.

rowingdowntheriver Thu 11-Oct-12 07:51:58

valium and gt, I hope you are both ok? Good luck valium if it is the start if labour.

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 11-Oct-12 08:08:50

Good luck vq that unfortunately sounds pretty like IT to me. Let us know how you appointment goes.

Baby brain alert...I have to do a rush job into town today.....I ordered, on next day delivery yesterday, a higher tog sleeping bag, a rucksack and a new top for DS as it is the boys trip to Northern Ireland on Sat and I assume it's a few degrees cooler than the south east (stunt what's the weather doing?) anyway I cooly waltzed out of the website leaving the stuff in my basket and not checking out! I am hoping I can get what I need in the actual shops, I find often these days they don't seem to hold as much stock as the used to they just say "oh you can order it online" grrr

And DH has decided to cramp my style and work from home. Double grrr!! grin

NattyCraig Thu 11-Oct-12 08:23:29

Woken up this morning feeling very dizzy, getting double vision, vomiting loads and having exploding bum (sorry TMI) as well as horrible back pain. Not sure if this is just side effects to having flu jab and whooping cough jab yesterday.

Sophia hope you manage to get the things you need

x

Catbag Thu 11-Oct-12 08:24:23

VQ Shit! Forgot to issue a cease and desist on C-sections! Stop looking for loopholes!

daisychain76 Thu 11-Oct-12 09:01:13

Hope you are ok vq, gt and natty. Was up at 2, 5 and 7 this am so feel like l am having the ‘proper‘ mummy experience now smile

Passmethecrisps Thu 11-Oct-12 09:12:43

Morning.

Hope poorly peeps feel better soon. natty you shouldn't really have any side effects. Make sure you check in with a midwife if you don't feel better soon.

ValiumQueen Thu 11-Oct-12 09:18:12

natty that does not sound like it is anything to do with the jabs. They are not live vaccines so cannot give you lurgy, and sore arm is hopefully all you would feel. I encourage you to call triage or dr just to be on the safe side.

Not sure what to think about how I feel. Had a couple of contractions that felt like I was a tube of toothpaste being squeezed from down below to about belly button, but not sustained. Glad I am seeing MW. Gonna check bags and car seat just in case.

StuntNun Thu 11-Oct-12 09:20:40

Sophia it was 2 degrees at 7 a.m. yesterday. It's a bit warmer today but that's because it's lashing down. So not too bad really grin we're not quite into hats/scarf/gloves weather yet.

ValiumQueen Thu 11-Oct-12 09:24:57

The lowest temp we have had near Stirling is 1 degree at 8 am. It is over 10 this morning due to the rain. I hate scraping the car.

Passmethecrisps Thu 11-Oct-12 09:30:03

Yep. Drizzlesome this morning.

I am getting very fed up of weeing all the time. Last night I ended up weeing standing up. How can I possibly have fluid retention??

Welcome natty

Izzy and Tits I love John Bishop and Rhod Gilbert. Would love to go and see them.

Baby was quite quiet yesterday but is making up for it this morning. Sure I've got little feet in my ribs.

This thread is not accepting new messages.