Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - babies arriving early and impatient mummies-to-be

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 09-Oct-12 20:39:33
kirrinIsland Wed 10-Oct-12 21:20:49

Feel free to rearrange /delete words from my last post til it makes sense .....

horseylady Wed 10-Oct-12 21:26:13

I lost my temper because he was being a twat, I am tired and he was being horrid.

I told him, in no uncertain terms that this was the case. The owner then came in.

I think they'll tell me not to bother coming back and that's fine! It's the one job I'm struggling to leave so if the decision is taken out my hands then fine!! I'm going to call the owner shortly just to say sorry!!

It's very very rare my temper goes. But my god it's a red mist when it does. Baby now kicking me and had a couple of bh.

Bath time I think!!!!

2 days left at the hospital sad and smile

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Oct-12 21:38:34

horsey if he was being a twat then it is likely everyone was delighted he was finally told.

horseylady Wed 10-Oct-12 21:46:45

Probably.....the waitresses were smiling!! Decided to call them tomorrow now as I'm shattered!! Plus it's not really that big a deal. He'll be the one with the problem, not me.

I feel fine now, think it was just one comment too many from him and I just felt myself temper go......

Hate it when it happens though!! Dh remembers me walking out on his dad for a similar reason. It is always justified though!!

georgee Wed 10-Oct-12 22:03:52

YW, you talking about Birth Skills reminds me of my labour (just before it all went t*ts up and I had to have an EMCS) - DH keeping presenting me with tennis balls and asking whether I wanted to bounce them together ... and me telling him to F*CK OFF!!!! - I'm sure you'll be better at matching the pain than I was, I don't think I studied the book very well (I certainly don't remember the bits about what if it all goes wrong, I could have done with that ...). [Makes a mental note to read birth books properly in future.]

MissMummy1 Wed 10-Oct-12 22:09:04

Horsey I cometely lost it with the chef at the pub i worked at during my last student summer. He was a twat all summer, hated by everyone and a complete perv. I'm normally quite reserved but he caught me on my period off guard one evening during my last week. The owners took my side, paid me a months wages (they didnt know i was handing my weeks notice in the next day) and I finished there and then. Karma got the bastard as his wife left him a few weeks later and he was sacked about a month after that grin.

YW and others (baby brain forgets who) I havent forgiven him for being a complete dick. Im just tired of shouting at him and will plot my revenge quietly. Apparently he went into work ranting about me keeping him awake and the daddy declhands and skippers gave him a total bollocking for being selfish and asked why I hadn't castrated him. He's been getting grief from them and me all day. Good.

YellowWellies Wed 10-Oct-12 22:10:37

Excellent vocalisation skills georgee Juju would have been proud.

I do like the fact that the book just seeks to empower you and make yourself feel as if you've had a good go - even if you do end up with the whole gamut of interventions. There's no judgment and I liked that. I've no idea how I'm going to cope - I could be diamorphined up to the hilt and in need of an EMCS (and I'm really going to try not to beat myself up if this happens as all four of our sisters' births ended up as EMCS!!!) but I have a bit of confidence at the moment and that is more than I had at the start of pregnancy!

I don't think the stressballs etc are going to work for me but I have a feeling that being talked across a contraction and counted down might help me. I like the idea of using a bridge as a metaphor - am going to use the Forth bridge!

Elizadoesdolittle Wed 10-Oct-12 22:20:04

Marking place....had midwife appt today. Baby still head down and unlikely to move so hopefully will stay that way. Off to bed now, I actually slept from 11pm-6am last night. Can't remember the last time that happened. I'm hoping for more of the same tonight!

TheDetective Wed 10-Oct-12 22:21:32

I am eating a giant box of maltesers. All to myself. Mmmmm.

Everyone DP keeps looking at me. But I'm not sharing grin

horseylady Wed 10-Oct-12 22:24:49

Mm he's a total drama queen and to be honest I know he'll have stayed late (as I was going to call in and speak to the owner but the chef was still there) and will advise them I shouldn't be working as I'm too pregnant. As I said i get on with them and will chat with them tomorrow. I don't actually mind him, he just pushed me tonight slightly too far. So I told him that he was being horrid to everyone. And several other things, most of which questioned his ability as chef, which was uncalled for. He was then very quiet.

As for your dh, I think the changing bag will be nice!!!

I feel very round. My boobs have gone very round?? My bump is very round?? 37 weeks tomorrow and officially full term!!!! Of course I will be late as all the other 1/11 mummies have had their babies or have a date for having them!!

blonderthanred Wed 10-Oct-12 22:26:20

Hello, also bouncing on my birthing ball and marking my place! Just bought a load of oils and stuff for labour and hired a TENS from my midwife so no doubt I will end up with an EMCS...

TheDetective Wed 10-Oct-12 22:29:25

Horsey i'll be late with you! I don't want mine early! The absolute earliest I'd be happy with is 28/10 because that is when my official mat. leave starts! I'd much prefer 6-11th Nov! 6th would be nice smile

DP is convinced I will go early. Sods law dictates, what you want you don't get!!!!

I wanted to be early with DS, and went to 40+13 grin

georgee Wed 10-Oct-12 22:35:01

Absolutely YW, I liked the feeling of control and empowerment too in the book. I do remember doing a lot of bellowing too. In fact my best 'mum' friend, who was a few rooms down from me also in labour (I didn't know this at the time) told me afterwards about this woman making this horrendous noise. I realised it must have been me! blush

But yes if you do end up with the EMCS there'll be a very good reason for it, it won't be because you didn't match the pain properly. For me it was very bad positioning on the part of DD, nothing to be done there. I'm looking forward to having another go at doing it naturally - can't have two babies who want to come out face-first, surely?!

kissyfur Wed 10-Oct-12 22:46:11

Marking my place! Can't believe we've got thru another thread already.

Also think I just reported your second to last message by accident YW!! So sorry I didn't mean to at all, hit the button by accident instead of the next button, stupid small phone screen! So mumsnet if you're reading this please ignore me reporting a post blush blush blush

horseylady Wed 10-Oct-12 22:55:34

Detective we officially start nhs mat leave together then!!!

I'm happy him growing for a bit longer tbh. I need these two weeks holiday to relax and get myself sorted!!! There still seems loads to do and I'm still not quite ready to have a baby yet!!

Chunkychicken Wed 10-Oct-12 23:00:02

Just a brief one from me. I'm very very much hoping baby stays put for the next 3-6wks, as I found out OfSted are in tomorrow and Friday today. Essentially, on 2 of my last 5 days of work, I am required to deliver fantastic lessons, despite being full of cold & nearly 8mths pg. I went into work for over 5hrs (thank god for my lovely DH) despite it being one of my off days. I know of 2 other teachers who have gone into early labour and delivered their boys 7+ wks early as a result of being inspected/OfSted so I am somewhat bothered.... The only things on my side are that I only have 3 lessons in the next 2 days & I'm over 34wks, so if baby did come, chances are they'd do really well. I lose 4wks of my maternity leave if I started it early/tomorrow, so can't afford to do that, and it would look bad for the school too.

So I'll keep everyone up to date if my LO decides to jump the gun. Fingers crossed I actually get to my maternity leave first!!! 5 days and counting....

Good luck to everyone else. Hope (in the nicest possible way) that we don't hear any baby news for another couple of weeks!!

TheDetective Wed 10-Oct-12 23:04:18

I was supposed to start mine a week later sad But we won't get started on that ;)

I want a bit of time to get organised too. Also its half term at the end of October, and it would be lovely to have a few days with DS first, as I can't even remember the last time I had a week off over the school holidays!! Think it was 3 years ago shock

I can't believe I forgot to say this earlier... but I was a little mortified! I lay down in bed this afternoon, and saw a hair sticking up from below the bump. Thinking a stray hair had fell off my head on to my fanjo, I gave it a little tug. Turns out, it wasn't a stray hair at all blush. I really really really need to deal with the jungle that is occurring down there!!

And I definitely did not measure it to find it was over 3 inches long. Oh no grin

Baby has been active today, but not as active as usual. Until now. It is having its usual mosh pit headbanging fest now..... I want to go to bed!

TheDetective Wed 10-Oct-12 23:11:26

I just burped and farted at the same time. I blame baby grin

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 10-Oct-12 23:15:45

Marking spot. Just back form John bishop...was hilarious!

TheDetective Wed 10-Oct-12 23:18:09

Oh I am so envy Izzy

daisychain76 Wed 10-Oct-12 23:25:31

Just marking place. Fed baby so l reckon l might sqeeze in 2 hours sleep before he is up again. Or 2 hours of worrying about not being able to get asleep...

capedcrusader25 Wed 10-Oct-12 23:30:17

Good luck for Ofsted chunky! I think I escaped ours, just. blue I hope your reassurance scan goes well tomorrow smile
I've just had a right baby wobble. This is my first and I've literally no idea what to do with an actual baby! sad
detective's fart/burp (farp?!) made me smile though. And I'm also jelaous of john bishop fun!

TheDetective Wed 10-Oct-12 23:34:46

Reminded me of labour last time... when I pee'd oneself and vomited at the same time. I had a bed pan underneath me, and a vomit bowl in my hand.

Glamerous I am not!

GTbaby Thu 11-Oct-12 00:39:05

Brilliant. Out for nice meal. Was looking forward to a snuggle in bed today.

DH start asking about movement of fraggle. Has it moved. How strong. N made me paranoid I wasn't feelin as much. Fast forward 4 hour. Sat in triage. Extremely grumpy. They r keeping me in over night to monitor. DH has gone home to get me night clothes. I'm so tiered I wana sleep but know I won't be able to sad. This sucks n

Iheartpasties Thu 11-Oct-12 02:38:01

pikz have a look at this – to do with the delivery of the placenta! Before I went to my antenatal classes I didn’t even know you had to deliver the placenta!!!!! midwifethinking.com/?s=placenta

I have just sorted out the hall cupboard, its tidier than the rest of the flat!! Haha. I am thinking about packing my hospital bag, but cant get up off my arse.

GTbaby oh dear, are you ok? I hope you get some sleep.

This thread is not accepting new messages.