Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - babies arriving early and impatient mummies-to-be

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 09-Oct-12 20:39:33
Catbag Tue 09-Oct-12 21:00:47

Marking my place and acknowledging that patience is not a virtue that I possess grin (typed while bouncing furiously on birthing ball)

ValiumQueen Tue 09-Oct-12 21:12:17

Marking.

NervousAt20 Tue 09-Oct-12 21:25:11

Marking place even though it seems like I just did this

kirrinIsland Tue 09-Oct-12 21:30:19

Marking place

TheDetective Tue 09-Oct-12 21:40:12

Don't fuck the fanjo Catbag grin

GTbaby Tue 09-Oct-12 21:52:42

I can't keep up. After Sunday ill have no hope of keeping up to date

ShellyBobbs Wed 10-Oct-12 06:25:31

This is the thread where Cat has her babies! grin

ComradeJing Wed 10-Oct-12 06:55:56

Marking my place. I keep meaning to come back to these threads and then I forget and life gets in the way.

Can I just say that moving country when you are 7 months pg is a shit idea?

Hope everyone is well and getting some sleep. I seem to be weeing every 20 minutes or so at night and it's driving me maaaaaaaaaaad.

<marks place>
smile

StuntNun Wed 10-Oct-12 08:17:42

Detective isn't that what got us all into this mess in the first place?

Marking place.

Brockle Wed 10-Oct-12 15:54:14

marking my place

Lane81 Wed 10-Oct-12 17:53:45

Marking place. Where are you moving to comrade?

Marking my place too. Having a reassurance scan and review tomorrow with consultant and here's hoping she signs me back over to midwife-led care so I can have my home birth smile

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Wed 10-Oct-12 20:02:43

Marking place too. Have pointless apt with MW tomorrow to discuss birth plan when consultant decided last week tis a section pour moi.

Sophiathesnowfairy Wed 10-Oct-12 21:08:03

Me too marking place. I can't stop weeping either, but the worse thing is when you feel,like you are absolutely bursting and thatwhen you go it will be hose pipe like, but actually all you squeeze out is a drop because the little bugger is squashing your bladder into oblivion and probably having a right old laugh about it.

Sophiathesnowfairy Wed 10-Oct-12 21:11:53

I didn't mean weeping obviously I meant weeing why can't this iPad realise that I say what I mean and stop trying to twisted my words around.

The other thread's now full. It lasted 6 days shock gosh we can talk grin

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Oct-12 21:14:36

I'm another 20 minute wee'r. Sometime the wee is soooo tiny I have actually considered just weeing myself. I know if I tried this it would be a gusher.

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Oct-12 21:15:23

Good job apple!

Maybe our rate of chatting is directed proportionate to the speed the babies arrive at.

TheDetective Wed 10-Oct-12 21:16:21

I am sore. Tired. Grumpy. Achy. Whingy. Oh, and unreasonable.

But I've got my pool, so that means everything seems better now!!

I've hobbled around all day doing the things that need doing, as today was my last day off before I'm full term grin. I still need... candles, proper coffee, nice biscuits, and some low wattage light bulbs. But I'll send DP for those. I'm done... no more shopping for me for a while!

I think I have a UTI. Got lots of braxton hicks, plus with the sore fanjo, I did a dipstick and I have leuccocytes, protein and blood in urine. Classic signs of a pregnancy UTI those! Have a community midwife appointment tomorrow evening, but think I'll get a GP appt prior and get some antibiotics, last thing I want is to send myself in to labour!

I'm struggling with walking so took some codeine this afternoon and had a nap, and woke up in a worse state! Codeine really does make me feel shite! No more codeine! I'm walking a little easier this evening though, as I topped up with some more paracetomol! I'm a little hesitant about work tomorrow. I'll just have to see how I am in the morning afternoon I guess.

Oh, and I'd like to point out how stupid my DP is sometimes... he decided to have a trial run with the pool, with out reading the instructions. He spent 20 minutes pumping it up by hand (wrongly too!) until he realised there was an electric pump with it. Oh, how I laughed grin

It doesn't matter how many times I tell him to read the instructions.....!!

(Good job I c&p this! Old thread ran out while typing sad )

kirrinIsland Wed 10-Oct-12 21:17:55

grin pass I know just what you mean!

horsey in my experience it's not that hard to lose your temper with chefs at the best of times - I would not want to being to working in restaurant right now, not with my hormonal tendencies to get cross or upset about things that don't matter at all!

Sorry detective blush

YellowWellies Wed 10-Oct-12 21:20:03

Detective grin on your DH's manual administrations to the pool!
sad on the UTI

To the weepy brigade, I'll nominate myself too. Most unlike me, but I had a good sniffle reading some of the birth stories in that Juju whatsit book this afternoon. I feel like I've had a 'girl graft' since becoming preggers... used to be much more stoic

This thread is not accepting new messages.