Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sneeze births please, and we'll BROOK NO ARGUMENT

(1000 Posts)
TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 20:35:45

Over here Brookers. I'll stick a cake in the oven

clickingtock Tue 18-Dec-12 09:20:10

Just a quick note - acupuncture (using moxybustion) is acknowledged as a successful way to turn babies. I have read that it is more successful than ECV... and certainly when DS was considered breech by my indie midwife I had a good bit of acupuncture and he either turned cephalic (or perhaps had never been breech in the first place). Either way, the acupuncture can only do good as it's great prep for giving birth. But I know I'm an old hippy and alternative treatment isn't for everyone...

Good turnaround for you Stacks and great results Sparks.

Waves to all. I'm afraid I think tiniTock was only teasing with the show last Friday. Nothing much since (other than a night of v light contractions) so will still be a while here. But tt's feet seem to be in the right place (on the right of bump) now so feeling v positive. Hope lots of brookingbabies follow suit.

TTFN - keep on Brooking, ladies.

Biscuitsandtinsel Tue 18-Dec-12 09:30:43

I've heard great things about that moxybustion thing too Tock - my pg yoga teacher was all for it and loads of people say that when they do it they can actually feel the baby trying to turn. If DS had been breech I think I would have tried it. And I'm not at all a woo sort of person in general. I think I would have tried anything that involved just lying down though rather than an uncomfortable ECV! Although on the other hand I tiny bit of me wanted him breech so I could avoid the VB / CS decision I had to make after DS1 iyswim!

clickingtock Tue 18-Dec-12 15:39:06

Hear that ladies - Biscuits reckons moxy is a goer and we all know that Biscuits is a wise brown owl. grin Hugs to you and your two lovely boys... xxx

Stacks, glad you're feeling a bit better and have lots of plans for this week, just in case!

Tock glad that TT is head down and good to go. How frustrating that things haven't kicked off properly yet, but all signs are good as the magic 8 ball would say! Brooking it won't be too much longer.

Thanks to Tock and Biscuits for the advice re moxythingy. I've had a very long visit to the hospital today. First of all I went to the wrong hospital (they wrote the wrong one on my notes), so then I had a dash across town to the right hospital and then a 2 hour wait in a very busy clinic to see the registrar. Anyway, seems things are a bit more complicated than I thought. The transverse lie could be for a reason eg the placenta may be blocking the path. To further complicate matters, I had a retained placenta when I had DD and they do seem worried about this happening again and there is a hint that my three mcs complete with ERPCs may have caused some damage in there. The upshot is that I have to have a scan on Friday to see where the placenta is and if there are any signs of it being adherent again. Sounds like I will be having a section regardless, but they need this info as it might make the procedure more difficult. No chance of an ECV and I shouldn't be trying to move miniGen just in case there is a good reason s/he is staying horizontal. Bit of a frustrating day, but good that we are in the system and hopefully I'll know more on Friday, maybe even my baby's birthday smile

Any news from Nut? Brooking for everyone else!

itsMYNutella Tue 18-Dec-12 17:51:05

Hello,

Gen I'm having acupuncture tomorrow - it's to help with the whole labour process from what I understand. They offer it all over the place, I'm having it done at my chosen birth centre place. I've never had acupuncture before, it's supposed to also help with water retention (FX!) won't mind if it sets off labour grin

I've been catching up on sleep and random tasks around the flat. DP is off until the end of the year too (he had holiday to use up, it expires here 1/1 instead of in April hmm ) so we've been hanging out driving each other nuts and today we bought our tree and its now up and decorated grin DP is cooking dinner (pasta) better go its feeding time smile

TheLittleFriend Tue 18-Dec-12 19:04:06

gen hope you're feeling ok after all that overwhelming news today! If an elcs is the safest route out for baby then it cannot be a bad thing. You sound positive though, which is great.

Brooking hard that stacks and nuts will meet their baby's soon. Then tock, after her fundraiser wink

Biscuitsandtinsel Tue 18-Dec-12 20:33:12

I love you Tock grin

Gen what a day! And what a lot of news to take in. But you sound positive which is great. If it does have to be an ELCS I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. And am brooking no argument that Friday will show your placenta to be tickety boo and not causing any issues whatsoever. <Do you hear me little generic placenta?>

<Waves to all the other PSEPPs>

Thank you Little and Biscuits, I do feel positive and the possibility of an ELCS appeals to my control freak organised nature. I will make the best of it anyway.

Nutella, enjoy your last few days of relaxation!

clickingtock Wed 19-Dec-12 14:18:48

Wow Gen - that would be amazing to have your baby on Friday. Good luck with it all.

Nuts - they have to use a specific acu point (inside wrists) to trigger labour. I have asked my acupuncturist to give it a whirl a week on Friday if tiniTock is still too comfy. smile You may need to ask directly...

Brooks for all.

<Love you too Biccies>

clickingtock Wed 19-Dec-12 14:51:13

ps I would like my baby to coma along tomorrow 20/12/2012! Stacks - maybe you will bag that supercool birth date?! xxx

clickingtock Wed 19-Dec-12 14:51:50

come along - not coma along, oh dear, sigh

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 14:59:59

Tock Toddly boo's birthday is 20-09-2009 grin

Brooking for impending sneeze births.

Stacks Wed 19-Dec-12 16:03:23

Gen sorry it's looking like a CS for you, but it does sound like the best all round really. If it's all planned it will be a lot easier for you to ensure a good recovery too. You can have everything in place at home to help you out.

Tock I wouldn't say no to a 20/12/2012 baby. It would be a good birthdate, and I do have a sweep booked for tomorrow morning. I'm mostly just ignoring the whole impending baby thing now though. I don't want to be disappointed by something I can't control.

I was going to do a proper catch up post. Once again the inability to look back on my phone has scuppered the plan. I need to get me to a laptop.

MiniStacks is currently pummelling my insides. He's taken to doing that quite often now, and it can be really quite painful. It feels like his head/arms/everything is trying to force it's way out the front of my pelvis. No cervix pain really, it's all against my frontal muscle wall. Nearly had me in tears a couple of times now. I wonder if all the pressure he's meant to be putting against my cervix is being directed forward instead if down because of his back to back position?

Scan and sweep tomorrow. Looking forward to the extra info it'll give.

itsMYNutella Wed 19-Dec-12 16:20:14

Stacks brooking for you and baby stacks turning and being a bit more gentle with mummy's insides!

Hmm Tock they offered me a choice of relaxing or possibly bringing on labour and I went for the bringing on labour (+something that might help with water retention) and they did several points: Head, hands, legs and feet - including one in my little toes which really hurt going in! but then it was fine smile

Well, fingers crossed lets see what happens hmm otherwise perhaps I'll ask about the wrist point next week - thanks for the tip!!!

Gen everything crossed for you for Friday!

scarletfestivefingernail Wed 19-Dec-12 16:21:15

Brooking for you Gen how exciting!

Possibly 3 Christmas brooking babies, how lovely!

Biscuitsandtinsel Wed 19-Dec-12 16:41:41

My money is on Brooking Christmas Triplets - all on 25th.

Loving the Christmas name change Scarlet smile

clickingtock Wed 19-Dec-12 17:09:20

That's a nice date Boo. DS is 21/02/10 which I rather like (plus he was born at 10.12am!).

Good luck with the sweep Stacks. I thought your original due date was 12/12 but then I read later it was 9/12? Will you be induced if it goes beyond 41+5?

Could even be Christmas quads Biccies & Scarlet - babies Stacks, Gen, Nuts and Tock... but hopefully all the LOs will get a birthday other than 25/12...

Nuts - I've been having needles on the outside of the little toes too. Plus up the shins, in my ears (!) and in the forehead and top of head. hmm

Biscuitsandtinsel Wed 19-Dec-12 17:16:32

Oh I didn't realise Gen was so imminent - my apologies blush

Quads it is then. Who were the triple whammy BFPers?

I'm getting forgetful in my old age.....

scarletfestivefingernail Wed 19-Dec-12 17:26:38

Yes not the 25th if possible.

My DS was due 26/12/08 so I can well imagine how you're feeling grin. I was like "any day before Christmas Eve and any day after Christmas Day will be fine but as far away from the 25th as possible." I also remember all the "you didn't plan that very well" comments hmm. My labour began on the 27th and and he arrived on the 29th so I was happy with that in the end.

TheLittleFriend Wed 19-Dec-12 17:32:25

biscuits me, olives and bartlet are the triple whammies

Nuts, I hope the acupuncture does the trick.

I've been feeling rough with a cold the past couple of days, but have had some strange visual disturbances and headaches today. Took myself off to docs to get bp checked this aft. It's a bit raised, so seeing mw tomorrow to keep an eye on it, in case of Pre eclampsia. I don't feel overly concerned atm though. Will keep you posted!

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 17:35:29

I think the triple whammiers are Green Little and Bartlet

Sorry not been much of a brooker, my busy week extended to a busy fortnight, one of those if it could go wrong it did things, but all sorted now, plus I had yet another stinker of a cold, all in my sinuses, that's the third one in the last 6 week's sad hoping to be brooking like a good 'un with you vair soon. I have been keeping up with the sneeze birth news, and the xmas quads sound very exciting indeed!

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Wed 19-Dec-12 17:40:52

I'm sure it will be fine Little but well done you for getting checked out

My friend's DS was born 10/11/01 which was a cool date. She had pre-eclampsia and nearly died during her pregnancy so she had a CS as 36 weeks to get him out. She was booked in for the day before (my birthday) but an emergency came in so she got shunted back a day.

No idea how you lot can cope with voluntarily having lots of needles in you. Acupuncture would be my idea of total hell. I had 10 needles in me in total during pregnancy and labour. 7 of them during labour, including the very scary epidural and I needed gas and air for them.

Looking forward to you lot taking over us in post grad any day now but not Tuesday

Biscuitsandtinsel Wed 19-Dec-12 17:52:12

My friend has just had a baby today (yay!) - they were due on 28th and probably a bit glad to have nearly a week clear between Christmas and their dd's b/d.

clickingtock Wed 19-Dec-12 18:09:29

Ooh - exciting. Newborn snuggles under the tinsel Bics. How lovely. Gen wasn't particularly imminent (nor me for that matter) but she may be having an ELCS (at 36-7wks I think?), due to placenta position/transverse baby. I may well go way into Jan when Gen was also due as is Whims. (My show on Fri befuddled me... but seems like it was just a blip.) There seem to be lots of brookers v close together; I struggle to keep up...

Jen - acupuncture needles are tiny and featherlight especially compared to the epidural javelin. I'm aiming for lots of feathers beforehand rather than great big javelin during iykwim. It seemed to work with my first birth - didn't even have gas and air and I do put that down to lots of helpful acupuncture spread over 9 months (among other things like a good dose of luck). Guess it's just one of those "one woman's poison..." situations. However, it doesn't guarantee anything of course. Goodness only knows how acu actually works on the body but I believe in it and it doesn't really hurt much.

Feeling v impatient today. I'm impatient with my impatience... grin

clickingtock Wed 19-Dec-12 18:11:41

Boo - sorry, love, get well soon. Sounds rotten. You too Little - hope the raised BP is just a short phase. xxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.