Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sneeze births please, and we'll BROOK NO ARGUMENT

(1000 Posts)
TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 20:35:45

Over here Brookers. I'll stick a cake in the oven

SparklySanta Sun 09-Dec-12 17:48:07

smeg she has her moments!! But on a whole she's actually nice, I probably moan about her too much!! She does lot for us, and no doubt will spoil the baby rotten when it arrives but sometimes I don't think she realised what she's saying!!

You're an inspiration to us all!!

Our Christmas tree is up smile and now we're watching elf, well I am while mrsparks cooks dinner!!

SparklySanta Mon 10-Dec-12 01:47:54

Oh my I think I'm actually dying!!!
Ok little dramatic but I have a cold that's brewing and I've been woken up by the worst hives break out I've ever had, it's every where and my lip has swollen to forest gump proportions!! Poor mrsparks has just born the brunt of a rather unfortunate emotional out burst but he has happily gone back to sleep!!

I've popped another antihistamine (dr already said its ok) and now I can't get back to sleep because I'm worried I might scratch my skin off while I doze!!!!

Oh woe is me hmm

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Mon 10-Dec-12 11:07:09

Oh Sparks hope you are ok and the antihistamine helps. Em they know why you keep getting this?

SparklySanta Mon 10-Dec-12 11:53:46

Boo The antihistamines helped so I got a bit of sleep last night but Ive got a stinking cold so have had the day off work to rest and hopefully be fully functioning tomorrow!! They have absolutely no idea what is causing it, before I got pregnant they said I had to wait 12 weeks before they would refer me to a dermatologist, then I got pregnant and they said theres no point refering me until I hit the third trimester because my hormones would make any tests invalid anyway hmm so im just in limbo at the moment. Most days its just one of too spots, but then I get these horrid outbreaks where I'm literally one big hive!!!

Humpf!!!

Smegs you deserve the prize for the festive namechange, so I hope you get it! Glad to hear things are still going well for you!

Sparks, hope you feel better soon, that sounds rotten.

Loving all the Christmas tree pics - am getting a shiny new phone tomorrow so will try and put a pic of mine up if I can figure out how to do it!

I had a lovely weekend - got all the baby clothes out and washed. Aaw! And I've got some maternity pads, Lansinoh and breast pads so that I can get my hospital bag sorted over the next couple of weeks. Exciting!

Biscuitsandtinsel Mon 10-Dec-12 13:34:44

Quick! Thoughts needed....

Cleaner is here.
Different cleaner to the one last time, first time she's been here, my last clean before Christmas (which is 2 fricking weeks tomorrow - argh!). I pay cash. Do I give her a Christmas tip?

Also, she was recommended by my friend so not a total unknown iyswim?

Stacks Mon 10-Dec-12 13:47:44

biscuits I probably would give her a little tip, if she does a good job and you're happy to.

Are you likely to see her again? That would also make me more likely to give her a tip.

Most people could do with a little extra money round the holidays, and I can't help thinking a cleaner probably doesn't get much. I don't actually know though..

Biccies there are a couple of chat threads at the moment on this topic. I am well jel that you have a cleaner!

Biscuitsandtinsel Mon 10-Dec-12 14:39:59

Went with a fiver (which happened to be all the spare cash I had on top of what I was already paying smileconfused

I am literally beyond delighted to have a cleaner gen! grin

Fiver sounds perfect! A cleaner is on my Christmas list, but I know I won't get one!

Stacks Tue 11-Dec-12 10:13:12

Still no sign of baby. Today I'm going to try some gentle wii fit to see if activity helps. Some step aerobics I think. Then DH has some 'plans' for us tonight. Hoping to kick start things for tomorrow. wink

SparklySanta Tue 11-Dec-12 10:31:13

a cleaner is now on my christmas list too, seems a bit extreme for a little two bed mid terrace!! wonder if they are difficult to wrap!!

Stacks maybe mr stacks has long night of curry and bonking planned?

Good luck Stacks!

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Tue 11-Dec-12 15:22:51

Brooking the bonking brings on I quick sneeze birth Stacks grin

TheLittleFriend Tue 11-Dec-12 17:52:06

Good luck stacks, looking forward to hearing exciting news from you soon. Any symptoms to report?

Biscuitsandtinsel Tue 11-Dec-12 18:03:57

[sprinkles pepper liberally around]

Good luck Stacks grin

(we know what you're do-ing, we know what you're do-ing winkgrin)

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Tue 11-Dec-12 18:10:36

grin grin Biscuits

Stacks Tue 11-Dec-12 21:40:08

Hehe. I went out today and did a big stock-up shop. 3 hours wandering aimlessly round Sainsbury. I hoped the walking might at least trigger some BH but nope. I do have a back ache tonight, but I think that's more to do with the heavy bags.

Cooked DH nice meal of pork in cider (a la Hawthers). He's just out giving SIL a lift while I have a bath, then plan "make baby" commences. It's a strange parallel to TTC really...

Hope everyone had a good day.

Smeggnog Tue 11-Dec-12 22:17:35

Sorry for going awol, just a v quick post to say DD2 has gawn and got oral thrush, and passed it to me. Ouch. I was kind of prepared for it though, thanks to the antibiotics, and spotted it straight away. Yesterday evening was a bit difficult, though.

Hope everyone's well. Off to baby cinema with DH tomorrow, looking forward to just having a nice rest in the dark!

Good luck Sparks. I did a big supermarket shop just before I went into labour, I think you're onto something there! Hope it all kicks off for you soon.

Backache is a sign Stacks. Brooking for your sneeze birth pronto.

I'm out for curry and, er, book club tonight stacks. I wonder if that will have a similar effect?

I had a very unsettling dream about a prolapsed cord last night, and have felt all discombobulated all day. I had a bit of a cry this morning (to which my sensitive 2yo responded by jumping on me and shouting 'stop crying mummy' then kicking in me in the tummy) but forced myself off the sofa and into starbucks to meet a friend and her annoying friend which was a shame

Then I nearly got into a fight in a shop with a woman who commiserated that I had 3 boys and said she would 'pray i had a girl next'. Like there's something wrong with my boys. And like it's going to make any difference now.

Oh dear, I am a mardy so and so. It's a good job I liked the bookclub book (well, I did choose it) as I tend to go on a bit of a hatchet job rant when I don't.

Hope the thrush clears up smegs and you can go back to being super-mum.

Smeggnog Tue 11-Dec-12 23:43:20

hmm What an odd woman, whims hmm. Did you tell her to Fuck Off? We wouldn't have blamed you. I now have 2 girls, and DH keeps getting the 'poor you' comments. We're incredibly happy to have 2 healthy, happy children. Don't pity us!

Ooh, something weird happened to me today at the GP. I had to feed DD2 in the waiting room after our appointment, as the GP gave her a full check up to ensure it was just thrush (it was) and she was most annoyed about it grin A bloke sat down near me, and I glanced at him, as you do. He had his hood up and a scarf across his face confused and proceeded to sit there gently swearing at me and threatening me and DD! I ignored him and carried on feeding DD, and reading MN on my phone, and he eventually wandered off. Bit scary, but I think he was all talk, no action. At least I hope so!

SparklySanta Wed 12-Dec-12 07:00:55

smeggs think you mean stacks I have no intention of going in to labour at 12 weeks grin thanks for giving me a reason to stop helping with the weekly shop though grin

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 12-Dec-12 07:07:18

Have a good scan day Sparks say hi to twinkle for us smile

Biscuitsandtinsel Wed 12-Dec-12 07:44:23

Happy scan day Sparks

happy sneeze day stacks - it WILL be today. I've brooked about it so it is a FACT. smilesmile

This thread is not accepting new messages.