Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sneeze births please, and we'll BROOK NO ARGUMENT

(1000 Posts)
TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 20:35:45

Over here Brookers. I'll stick a cake in the oven

Biscuitsandtinsel Wed 05-Dec-12 15:58:53

Ooh gen can you share your MILs recipe or will you be cast out for spilling family secrets?

I love the recipes I get off here - I have a whole folder where I print them all out grin

Smegs - what a story - sounds nice (as birth stories go iyswim). And I know what you mean about the 'I did that' thing! I had it with ds2 and always felt like I'd 'cheated' having forceps with ds1. Obviously I hadn't and he wasn't coming out any other way, but I had that vague feeling that I hadn't completed my mission iyswim. (It's totally irrational but quite common for CSers to feel too apparently). But with ds2 I just looked at him and thought 'I've done all that on my own with a little help from DH of course. smile

So glad you're back in the birth centre now though smile. And yy for stitches with a spinal - I had that after ds1 (sadly there was a lot of damage!) and it was far nicer than the stitches this time with only G&A.

And also yy to the slow mo G&A and weird voice effect. Do you think our voices really do go deep sounding to others or is it just in our heads?

I remember lying oh so elegantly, legs in stirrups, being stitched up on the G&A watching DH cuddling ds2 and it was just the perfectest thing grin

Biscuitsandtinsel Wed 05-Dec-12 15:59:33

More importantly though - what happened to the stew? grin

Biscuitsandtinsel Wed 05-Dec-12 16:14:53

And I should have added that the bit about knowing her straight away brought a tear to my eye. I can't even blame pregnancy hormones, but so so gorgeous smile

SmeggingAroundTheChristmasTree Wed 05-Dec-12 16:20:51

Stew ingredients are ready to be cooked tomorrow! They only take 10 minutes to throw together, very useful for if/when the blues kick in and I can't be arsed to cook...

I know what you mean, DD1 was ventouse and it felt like cheating somehow!

Biscuitsandtinsel Wed 05-Dec-12 16:52:09

Just had a thought about freezing food (because I've just made some Bolognese to freeze) that when I freeze things they normally lose some moisture when they're defrosting, so (a) I normally leave them a bit more liquid than I would serve them and (b) for tomato based things like pasta sauces I normally bung in a small tin of chopped tomatoes when I'm reheating it.

There, that's it, I've now shared every bit of wisdom that I have with you grin

TheLittleFriend Wed 05-Dec-12 16:58:10

Brilliant story smegs, a proper sneeze birth in the end. I remember that wonderful feeling of having known your newborn forever, you are almost making me excited about giving birth again!

So are they just wanting to monitor her as you didn't get the full ab's?

Welcome back frootz, glad it's all going well for you. How many weeks are you now?

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 05-Dec-12 18:44:59

Oh Smegs what a lovely birth story, so pleased for you after the false starts. thanks

GreenOlives Wed 05-Dec-12 20:03:40

Great birth story! smile That's about as perfect as births get I reckon - well done you! Im very envy of your steel nipples too Smegs ! DS used to permanently look like he was wearing lip balm from all the nipple cream that I slathered all over my poor sore nips! grin
Loving all the meal/snack freezer tips - keep them coming ladies!
Whilst we're on the subject of tips does anyone have any pile remedies? My poor bum is suffering with the delightful grapes, I've been using Germaloid ointment since Sunday but they are getting worse sad

Fab birth story, Smegs, well done you. Oh and I knew exactly what you meant about 'knowing' her - I felt very much like that when DD was born.

Biscuits, I don't have a recipe, but here's how I make it:

Slice and onion and a pepper or two ad saute in olive oil, then add chicken pieces and cook until browned. Add a tin of tomatoes and some tomato puree and let it simmer for a bit, then add a small pot of double cream. Mix with cooked pasta and top with mozzarella, then cook in a moderate oven until the top is all brown and bubbling!

Olives, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I had terrible piles on and off since having DD and eventually, after trying all sorts of creams and suppositories, I read on MN that Sudocrem was good. And by jove, it worked a treat! It doesn't have the nice, anaesthetic property of Germaloids, but it seemed to actually heal my poor bum really quickly (I had a fissure too) and it's nice to know it is safe to use in pregnancy too. Hope they clear up soon, they are no fun.

Biscuitsandtinsel Wed 05-Dec-12 21:22:22

Yum! That sounds just like my chicken and pasta thing bar the cream and oven baking part. And what meal isn't improved by the addition of cream? grin

My thoughts exactly, Biscuits!

GreenOlives Wed 05-Dec-12 22:05:45

Mmmm, pasta bake sounds yum! Thanks for the Sudocrem tip too Gen!

Smeggnog Thu 06-Dec-12 09:51:12

We're home! Obs yesterday went fine and we left shortly after 6:30pm.

The only problem is she isn't trying to feed that often, because she's still very mucusy (sp?) from the fast pushing stage. Keeps bringing up loads. Hopefully we'll get past that soon, I hope my milk comes in sooner than last time so we can crack on happily. I think she won't have any problems, judging by how well she's latching on smile

Nice pasta bake recipe, I'll have to give that a go Gen!

DH still in bed, asleep shock I might use the peace and quiet to crack on with the stew grin

TheLittleFriend Thu 06-Dec-12 10:26:23

smegs, don't you dare make a stew, get back in bed if dh and dd2 are sleeping! And if dd1 is home, wake do to look after her! shock

Seriously though, it's great you're feeling so well grin

TheLittleFriend Thu 06-Dec-12 10:27:35

Dh not do, of course. Really must learn to proof read.

Smeggnog Thu 06-Dec-12 14:25:49

Stew's in the oven grin. Sorry, couldn't resist! Everything's going great so we're just cracking on. DD1 is so good with DD2, albeit a little clingy with me. Mw been, parents been, ate lunch. And I appear to have milk!

This is so different to my experience with DD1, I can't understand it. But I'm so grateful that we're having such a lovely start. I'm well aware that it can easily go to the wall!

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Thu 06-Dec-12 14:30:40

You're a brooker now, that is bound to make a difference smile

Ooh Smegs you are making me all broody for minigen to arrive now! All hail the power of brooking!

SparklySanta Thu 06-Dec-12 17:29:35

Oh smeg you're such a brooking poster child!! So happy that its going so well smile

GreenOlives Thu 06-Dec-12 17:33:23

Smegs You're making me all broody too! Im so glad things are going so well but I still think you should put your feet up a bit and let other people fuss around you! That's what I intend to do anyway wink

Gen I can't thank you enough for the Sudocrem tip! We only had Tescos version which is essentially the same I think and within 3 hours of first applying it I felt like a different woman! And today I've barely had any pain at all - its amazing! haven't had a poo yet today but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it wink

Gen I love that you got both a recipe recommendation and pile advice into the same post grin

Tis the beauty of MN scarlet!

I'm adding sudocrem to the list of things my parents need to bring me from the UK as I'm fairly sure I will be requiring it by then!

LOL Scarlet, just trying to help you all out!!

Olives I am chuffed it has worked for you too! I couldn't believe it either and I never have any pain anymore and I never thought I would be saying that after suffering for so long.

Biscuitsandtinsel Thu 06-Dec-12 20:53:25

I wish I'd known the Sudocrem thing! Still, sadly I'm sure that useful knowledge will come in handy at some point.....

SparklySanta Fri 07-Dec-12 08:21:11

I fell over this morning on the ice sad so I just need a bit of a wet fish slap because I cried all the way to work thinking Id hurt the baby!! I managed to stop myself falling completely by landing on all fours and then waiting for mrsparks to come and rescue me from the side of the road (we were just walking to his car) I've got a lovely shiner coming up on my one knee and I think I've jarred my back, wish I'd stayed at home now!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.