Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sneeze births please, and we'll BROOK NO ARGUMENT

(1000 Posts)
TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 20:35:45

Over here Brookers. I'll stick a cake in the oven

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Mon 03-Dec-12 16:53:27

Well, I thought I had done something wrong (you too Sparks) when my/our pregnant celebrities were bloody peaches and colleen bloody rooney, but now we have only got the duchess as well, Kate is preggo smile

Oh, that's lovely news about KM. Whilst I'm not particularly interested (particularly not in her bloody sister, who seems ubiquitous even over here), I can't begin to imagine the pressure on them to spawn an heir. Let's just hope it's a girl and they start to address primogeniture.

Yep, the dreams are a def preggo thing boo. I have to wake MrWhim up and make him perform or I can't get back to sleep. He puts a brave face on it. I think it's some consolation for when I wake him up with cramp and need him to straighten my foot out!

SparklySanta Mon 03-Dec-12 17:06:50

boo I can put that in my preggy diary, cus so far the only one I have is Hugh hefners ex girlfriend!!

whim mini royal be the opposite to twinkle because I am totally marry my baby off to the royals, think of the cash!!!!

Oh and just a thought the lady who gave KM a baby grow when they visited Cambridge must be feeling rather smug now smile

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Mon 03-Dec-12 17:20:40

grin poor Mr Whim grin

Sparks you/we (cos I'm not sure of dates and I think they land somewhere between us) also have David Walliams and his wife smile

SparklySanta Mon 03-Dec-12 17:27:22

Thought David walliams was gay?! So not up to date on my celebrity gossip!!!

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Mon 03-Dec-12 17:34:58

He is married to a super model, right sour face on her!!

BartletForTeamGB Mon 03-Dec-12 19:21:36

whims, "Let's just hope it's a girl and they start to address primogeniture."

It is all sorted out and has been for a wee while.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15492607

I feel really sorry for them, being practically forced into announcing it now, so I hoping it will all go well. If it doesn't, it would make all the harder to have to deal with it in front of the entire world's media.

TheLittleFriend Mon 03-Dec-12 19:36:54

I agree bartlet, I'm sure they have only announced due to her being in hospital, so to get it done before the press realise. And now she's got to put up with people saying she's making a fuss out morning sickness.

whims I don't think my do would believe a pregnant woman wakes her husband to 'perform' grin. I certainly get the randy dress, but cannot be bothered to act on them!

TheLittleFriend Mon 03-Dec-12 19:37:30

Dress?? I mean dreams

musicalmrs Mon 03-Dec-12 19:43:35

Little, what does your randy dress look like? grin

TheLittleFriend Mon 03-Dec-12 19:58:34

It's a maternity one musical wink

GreenOlives Mon 03-Dec-12 21:12:19

grin Randy dream talk is making me chuckle, im with little and can't be bothered to act on them! I bet mrwhim loves it! grin
Saw consultant today. Scan shows that baby has its head on the left side high up (squashing my stomach) then spine curves along the top of my uterus, bum on right and arms/legs pointing towards my cervix. He hopes that baby was breech and is now slowly heading in the right direction - we shall see! He didn't do full growth measurements but head circumference is at 31+3 (im only 28 + 2!) so baby is looking big! Not going to see him again until 34weeks so will have to try and get baby to turn before then - what tricks have you been using gen? Have GTT and 28 week bloods tom, they added on the slapped cheek immunity test too so fingers crossed im immune, DM is pretty sure I've had it. Poor DS has an awful rash with it which can apparently last weeks but fortunately he feels loads better now!
Smegs hope you are enjoying new born snuggles! Xx

clickingtock Mon 03-Dec-12 23:26:11

Hi Olives - you could try crawling on all fours but same side for arm and legs moves at same time (rather than opposite sides). Plus bum up in in air and elbows on floor. Good luck - at least a couple of weeks to encourage baby out of transverse. Are you feeling better?!

Smegs - hoping you're snuggling. xxx

Indeed, you are correct bartlet. I do remember now, but it would be nice for it to be a girl (and,then a,boy) just to prove the,point!

Blimey what a lot of commas. Fat fingers!

SparklySanta Tue 04-Dec-12 06:30:06

I'm sort of with you on the dreams, mine have a taken a sort of naughty element!!

Slept much better last night, I woke up cried because I was awake but then must've fallen back to sleep again!!

SparklySanta Tue 04-Dec-12 06:31:43

olives glad baby is turning, I have no idea how to turn it the rest of the way though

clickingtock Tue 04-Dec-12 08:17:58

I have my moments of getting v randy but Mr Tock has never really been that way inclined much. Then I take a look in the mirror and think it's prob for the best as the logistics are getting a bit challenging.

A randy dress would be helpful though - clear signals etc.

Went to flix last night - 'Sightseers' - v funny. As my DP has pointed out, our pregnancies wouldn't be complete without at least one trip to a violent, bloodthirsty film, but at least this one was amusing unlike the Mesrine film was saw in 2009 (for which DP got a good telling off).

Stacks Tue 04-Dec-12 10:00:21

Morning all. I started feeling better with cold from Sunday. Still not on top form, but certainly feel better. Painted nursery on Sunday (pic on Facebook) and kitchen on Monday. I think that's it now for major works really. Just need to get back on top of the rest of the house.

Hoping LO will turn up soon, getting some painful low down movements, but I think it's more baby moving than contractions. Is it strange that I won't be seen by MW this week? Had app last week at 38+4, but next app isn't till 40+4. My mum was very worried and started going on about the risks of pre-eclampsia in late preg, that MW must have made a mistake and I should make myself an appointment. What do you think?

I've forgotten what else I read in the thread this morning. Lots about randy dreams (which I've not had in a while, they've turned into anxious looking after children/pet dreams).

Going into town today to meet work people for lunch and get measured for a BF bra. Should really get in the shower or I'll be late for lunch. Will try and do a proper catch up post later.

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Tue 04-Dec-12 11:24:58

Just popping in to be completely me me me, just had a call, I start physio for my back tomorrow smile and I'm finally starting to get rid of this cold.

Smegs hope your enjoying snuggle time.

As you were ladies.

Boo, that's brilliant news!

Stacks, not sure about your appointments, but my MW told me yesterday that I should be seen every fortnight from now on (not sure if that's less frequent than first timers though). Glad your cold is getting better!

Tock, glad you had a nice date night!

Olives I'm sorry you have a weirdly positioned baby too, but it's kind of nice to have someone else to talk to about this! I think minigen is lying diagonally with feet under my ribs on my RHS and head in my lower left, although the MW yesterday thought the head was at the top. Anyway, I feel hiccups either on my LHS or low down and more centrally, so I'm inclined to think it's more head down than head up. It still moves a lot though, so who knows. The MW recommended bouncing on my ball and getting on all fours. I've heard the position Tock recommended is good too. I am rubbish at doing this though as I'm at work all day and then by the time I sit down at night, I more often than not just want to sit on the sofa, not start doing all this malarkey. But that's not the right attitude is it! MW said they only start to think about intervening if baby is still wrongly positioned by 37 weeks, so I have nearly 3 weeks to get it to move. Must try harder on the exercises!

Re randy dreams - yup. I'm getting those too! Occasionally wake up with DH and get to do something about it, but usually I can't be bothered! I just feel so heavy and unwieldy now!

clickingtock Tue 04-Dec-12 12:06:11

Hello again Brookers - advice please. Paternity leave/Dma/MIL etc after baby is born... With DS, my DP took a week off then parents stayed then he took his second week of paternity leave. I found having my parents there in wk2 of (first) baby's life a bit tricky - Dma did things like insist on taking DS out in a pram aged 9days in freezing cold and I just wasn't ready to let go of him <soppy old bint>. They did help with cooking etc but I feel it is a responsibility hosting even when it's your own parents (bedding, towels, food shopping etc). This time I've asked DP to take 2 full weeks leave - especially for the sake of DS who will need his daddy v much at this time IMHO - and asked parents to visit after paternity leave. Dma (who has just been to stay and was lovely but again a responsibility - shopping, cooking, helping her to 'help' - and she said she would like a 'sneak preview' of baby2n (presumably in first week after birth) but would stay in a nearby new hotel. Was I mean to suggest that we're better to wait until DP goes back to work as I didn't know how I'd feel and wanted time for recovery and family bonding first? She was quite crestfallen... sad I added we could see nearer the time but it was a bit half-hearted!

Gen and Olives - I hope your babies are just getting ready to settle down and engage. It's always a bit nerve-wracking re' position isn't it?

Stacks - glad you're on the mend.

Boo - good luck with physio.

xxx

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Tue 04-Dec-12 12:24:47

Tock I think it is perfectly fine to have DH at home for 2 weeks then have parents. Especially as you also need to concentrate on ds settling with his new sibling. I do hope she will understand.

SmeggingAroundTheChristmasTree Tue 04-Dec-12 15:53:53

<sneaks in>

Sorry, have been most annoyed and fed up so avoiding conception/ante-natal threads right now. Booked in for induction on friday, but... it all appears to be kicking off now! Yay! Have gone from contracting every 8 minutes to every 4 in an hour, so looks like I may head into the hospital pretty soon.

Thanks for thinking of me, and sorry for going awol.

Smegs x

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Tue 04-Dec-12 16:01:00

Ooh Brooking for a quick sneeze Smegs you will be meeting spider Smegs very very soon smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.