Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sneeze births please, and we'll BROOK NO ARGUMENT

(1000 Posts)
TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 20:35:45

Over here Brookers. I'll stick a cake in the oven

itsMYNutella Mon 08-Oct-12 19:49:56

Thanks tock I wish I had a bath sad we only have a stupidly small shower cubicle.... maybe I should rent a birthing pool and keep it filled with warm water.... oooohhhh that might be a plan <obviously sleep deprived> not sure where I'd put it hmm

<adds horlicks and ovalteine (sp?) and a paddling pool to shopping list>

Hope you feel better in the morning tock and that everything goes well with the scans!!

FX fluff is having a nap prior to sneezing out the minifluff smile

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Mon 08-Oct-12 20:13:31

I just turned into a complete emotional wreck sad we are having a new carpet in toddly boo's bedroom (formally teen boo's room) stay with me, this could be long! So teen boo had a black carpet in the biggest bedroom, when we got the bfp we decided that toddly boo and baby boo would share, and we would swap the boys rooms before they know about the baby so they can't say they were made to, we told teen boo it was so toddly boo could have more play space, he was fine with this. So it has been re painted and the new carpet is being fitted tomorrow. Still with me?? Well done!! So we need to take up the carpet in the room and we opened the fitted cupboard in the room and I was confronted with all the baby things we saved from baby boo, Moses basket, toys, play mat, plus loads of things I had forgotten I saved. Now I'm an emotional wreck, thinking it is too soon to be doing all this, have I jinxed it and I should have waited longer (but we didn't want teen or toddly boo to start to resent the baby for the room move) please someone slap me with a big wet fish for being hormonal. I think I am done now!

Still brooking for a good sneeze Fluff

No Brooking super hard for Fluffy and miniFluff, with scrunched up face ala Biscuits grinwink

I had an elcs and DH was outraged when I refused point blank to let him eat for 12 hours before the surgery same as me. I told him it was an essential show of solidarity, rather than explaining I was worried I might launch myself off the bed and across the room to wrestle even the most cardboardy of hospital sandwiches from him! blush

Sorry Boo, x-posts!

There will be no wet fish! Just a big hug!!! Every time we did anything to prepare for DD I was petrified it would jinx things. Even buying a change mat one week before my due date seemed risky! Remember you're a No Brooker and you have the full force of our combined No Brooking watching out for your bump! It's a scary long slow time, but suddenly you'll blink and bump is a happy bouncing 3/4/5 month old! Hang in there, don't let the hormones win!

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Mon 08-Oct-12 21:19:56

Thanks Scream you made me cry again I think I am just tired and emotional from a very long day yesterday, being very silly. Also, my symptoms have been so much better this week, and while I have been determined not to worry about that and enjoy feeling a bit better, I can't help it, and I have to wait 2 weeks for my scan sad

<rushes in>

<hugs boo>

<rushes out>

keepitgoing Tue 09-Oct-12 03:08:15

oh boo, big hug. Of course you haven't jinxed things, you're just tired and the stupid hormones. Glad mrboo is taking good care of you x

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Tue 09-Oct-12 09:23:29

thanks ladies, feeling a bit better today, had a good sleep with really naughty dreams blush

brooking you had a good night Fluff and that you are enjoying those newborn snuggles smile

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Tue 09-Oct-12 09:40:47

Boo glad you're feeling better. Try not to worry, I'm sure all is well.

Fluff how are you doing? Did you sneeze?

Stacks Tue 09-Oct-12 11:09:09

No sneeze updates from Fluff? I was hoping for some snuggly news.

Boo glad you're feeling a bit better. Those first few weeks before scans and movement are so hard to get through feeling positive. It's bizarre how good it can be to feel awful, but pregnant.

Tock are you going back to the doc/hospital today? Hope all goes well and they give you the all clear quickly.

I had strange dreams last night about needing a c-section. I went on holiday somewhere without DH, and a doctor used his iphone to ultrasound scan me (which would be amazing if possible) and he showed me the baby was upside down, with his little feet engaged. Therefore I had to go for a cs right then. confused This dream has made me think I shouldn't go down to visit my sister when my ML starts, at least, not on my own. What if it's prophetic??

clickingtock Tue 09-Oct-12 11:37:35

I wouldn't travel far from home from 37 weeks dear Stacks...

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Tue 09-Oct-12 11:45:18

Goodness tock, I missed yesterday's update. I really hope you're ok, no clots etc and that the pain goes soon. Poor you sad

Stacks Tue 09-Oct-12 12:00:55

Tock how did you know my ML was 3 weeks pre-due date? I didn't know that! I just looked it up on my calendar...

It's my nephews 4th birthday on the 19th Nov (my first 'official' day of ML, though it's a Monday) so I was thinking about driving down (5 hours) for a long weekend. It's mostly an idea sparked by the possibility that we'll have bought a brand new new car by then, and I like the idea of showing it off driving it.

Maybe it is actually a little close to my due date (9th Dec) though.

TheLittleFriend Tue 09-Oct-12 13:33:19

Hi everyone, quick question from me

Do any of you gave sore patches on your bumps? Just by my naval I've got a bit that is sore to touch, no mark on the skin though. I don't remember having it last time round though confused

Brooking for fluff to be having newborn cuddles right now.

Stacks Tue 09-Oct-12 13:52:28

Hey Little I do have a sore bit, but I'm probably a bit of a special case.. I've got an operation scar across the right side of my bump, from an op back in 2009. All along that scar is painful to press. I had it checked out by the doc, and it's a combination of weakness in the muscle wall there (which barely exists) and nerve damage from the operation.

I guess you could have a small patch of weakened tummy muscles there? Or it could be nerve damage too, if you had a c-section or anything around there?

Probably not very helpful really, sorry hmm

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, stacks but there's every possibility you won't be comfy to sit in a car for 5 hours at 37 weeks. I know I wouldn't have been! Could you meet half way at the weekend or something?

How are things today tock? and fluff? Any news?

Is your sore patch on the skin Little or is it muscular or deeper than that? Perhaps a bit has got a bit more dry and stretched than elsewhere? Or maybe littlelittle has settled an elbow in there. Perhaps if you have a MW appt soon you could mention it.

I had a very unsettled night last night having one of those nightmares that you just can't shift, and which is terrifying, but which in the clear light of day seems very silly. Private members cannibal club. With a grudge against me. Except then it took a romantic turn and went all teen movie. It's tempting to go back to sleep to find out if I do get it on with the dishy good guy (or whether he eats me). Lordy, psychologists would have a field day.

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Tue 09-Oct-12 14:24:43

Little YES! I have that too, just to the right of my navel. It feels like it's been bruised on the inside. I think it's something to do with stretching muscles/tendons, and the fact that this baby really likes kicking me just there. Ouch!

Stacks I wouldn't do such a long journey in the car at 37 weeks. You'd probably be pretty uncomfortable, as well as being a long way from home if things started. After all, 37 weeks counts as full-term for babies.

whims I know those kind of dreams. They're ludicrous looking back, but when you're in the grip of them very scary. Hope you get some better rest tonight.

fluff? You ok?

BartletForTeamGB Tue 09-Oct-12 15:39:52

smegs, look on FB for fluffy... grin

clickingtock Tue 09-Oct-12 16:07:37

Ooh - looked for Fluff's news. It's happened but no juicy details yet. So pleased they sneezed. Hope the snuggles are amazing, Fluff - you're a star MUMMY!!!! My big bro is a 10 Oct baby and was a particularly angelic child by all accounts... : )

Whims - sending you Horlicks and fluffy kittens to erase the nightmare from memory.

Little - I think tender bits near your tummy button are par for the course. Hope you're ok. DS keeps trying to winkle out my bbutton - thinks it gives him direct access to the baby <still a sister allegedly> and I find it is a v odd sensation, like a funny bone feeling iykwim. Strange part of body at the best of times.

Stacks - I didn't guess you were on ML @ 37wks grin; as Smegs says, 37wks is considered full term so best to play it safe, close to home, was my thoughts on that one. Drive your spangly new car to Tesco's a lot?! smile

Thanks for kinds words; has been a rotten couple of days and felt a little lonely. Needless to say after 7 hours plus at hosp' (over 2 days) and a threat to keep me in overnight <and what about DS?!>I'm in perfect good health - and so is TinyTock - but have no solution to my pain in chest/shoulder. However, the staff at the Fetal unit were v kind, and I know they were just trying to keep an eye on me and rule out anything awful (being an old baggage that I am). Of course I have a deadline tonight. And was awake (overtired) from 3am then DS up at 5.30am. Gah. Still today I have managed to... sort DS at CM's, do shopping, walk dog, and do tonnes of editing so shouldn't complain (as well as have an ultrasound on legs). Busy bee.

I dot have a Facebook account anymore but I just wanted to say massively huge congrats to fluffy

OMG so much excellent brooking news.
Huge congrats to cake and fluff although I am not on facebook, am assuming all is well? Is someone going to spill the beans?

tock that sounds utterly grim, great they are being so cautious though, sounds like the injection you had was heparin which I was on for 6 months in pregnancy, it does not cross the placenta don;t worry.

little my belly button is very sore, I can;t really touch it at all, I thin kits just super senstivie skin as its normally tucked up inside!

stacks totally up to you of course, there is no way I could sit in a car for 5 hours at the moment and I am 36+3 but you may be more robust than me!

All ticking along here, my bump is measuring 2 cms ahead and I am feeling pretty huge and uncomfortable (and still at work for a nother 23 weeks, argh!)
Trying to get organised and get that bag packed!!

TheLittleFriend Tue 09-Oct-12 16:46:51

far hope it's a typo and your not really still at work for 23 wks!
No proper fb update from fluff yet, but friends are posting congrats on her page so mini fluff must be here grin

tock glad you're ok, but the mega busyness isn't so good

And also glad others have sore spots on their bumps, mine sounds exactly like yours smegs smile

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Tue 09-Oct-12 18:47:09

Yay! Just checked FB, what brilliant news!

thanks thanks thanks for fluff and fluffman

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Tue 09-Oct-12 18:52:10

PS Jen sorry I didn't get back to you on my supermarket thread - Charles Dance has not yet made it onto Facebook, I suspect he won't at all as most of my friends wouldn't have a clue who he is!

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Tue 09-Oct-12 18:53:24

thanks for tock too, what a tiring day you've had sad.

brew and an early night for you?

This thread is not accepting new messages.