Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sneeze births please, and we'll BROOK NO ARGUMENT

(1000 Posts)
TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 20:35:45

Over here Brookers. I'll stick a cake in the oven

SantasSecretSparkle Mon 26-Nov-12 09:17:17

ooooooh smegs so very exciting!!

Im mega jealous of you all talking about bf tops!! I'd love to be that far a long!! Im just battling the 'nothing fits me, but I dont want to buy maternity stuff yet' phases sad

Ooh just popping in to brook for Smegs! I had a show with DD and contractions started the very same day (she was born the following day). I think it was mainly mucus-y, with a bit of blood. But, yeah, there was a lot of it, so I knew what it was ie not just discharge!

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Mon 26-Nov-12 10:10:35

Smegs do you have a ball? Remember rotate to dilate. Clockwise circular movements on a ball, while sitting, standing or on your hands and knees help to push the baby's head down on your cervix to encourage it to dilate. Not sure why they say clockwise but that is what I've heard.

itsMYNutella Mon 26-Nov-12 15:00:07

Oooohhh smegs <tries not to get excited> hope things starts happening for you!

I think I have three boob t-shirts and I can't remember them being that expensive- I bought them in a local maternity shop... Perhaps they were in a sale hmm I have a vest top (realise now that the other two are more for post preg) which is for before and after and it is V cosy nice material with plenty of bump space.

But I didn't want to spend so much money on a BF jumper. Instead I have a couple of big (one is a nice waterfall style the other is simply big and cosy) cardigans (I'm not that bothered about covering up, I wanted versatile items that will last longer) which will hopefully work hmm trouble is a lot of clothes here seem much more expensive than UK. But I'd say UK quality is better (eg jeans here cost upwards of 60€ for a normal pair whereas UK Jeans start around £45 - and last longer angry )

Sorry, didn't mean to whinge about clothes but honestly in Hannover (where I live) there is no fashion! sad I know very me me me... Sorry. Think I'm a bit hormonal today

ScrambledSmegs Netherlands Mon 26-Nov-12 15:43:59

Thanks everyone. Nothing yet, but I have had a lovely nap in order to make up for the insomnia last night. Am on the ball rotating like crazy, thanks Jen. Feel like the baby's already pushing right down anyway, very difficult to walk.

Nuts can you buy over t'internet? Some shops with maternity sections deliver to the EU. I know delivery charges make it costly, but I bought most of my maternity clothes over the internet when pg with DD, and I live 15 minutes from central London! A lot of stores have migrated their maternity stuff to online only.

Anyway, still feeling a bit rough, so am going to sit on my ball and watch season 3 of the Killing on iPlayer. We had friends round on Saturday night so instead of relaxing with a nice Danish crime drama DH & I cooked a 3 course meal for 8 people hmm Feel quite smug that my 5 minute dessert seemed to wow everyone though!

Good luck smegs and can you spill the beans on a wowing 5 min pud (if you're not too busy sneezing out a babygrin)

ScrambledSmegs Netherlands Mon 26-Nov-12 16:23:57

For you, Biscuits -

600ml real double cream (NOT elmlea!)
140g caster sugar
Finely grated zest and juice (sieved) of 2 lemons

Heat cream and sugar in a saucepan till scalding, whisking regularly. Put zest and juice in pan, allow to bubble for 30 seconds then remove from heat. When cool enough pour into 8 ramekins/shot glasses/other nice receptacle. Put squares of clingfilm over the top for safety and to prevent skin forming. Refrigerate till set (normally about 2 hours).

Serve with shortbread biscuits. Homemade if you want to really impress wink

ScrambledSmegs Netherlands Mon 26-Nov-12 16:25:29

Oh, they're lemon possets, btw, but for people with babies I tend to call them lemon cream pots, as the word posset seems to cause some nausea!

Awesome! Thanks Smegs! Look at you having a baby AND teaching me to cook grin

GreenOlives Mon 26-Nov-12 17:04:29

Hello ladies, thanks so much for your words of wisdom - you're right - this is all about a means to an end and all of this sickness will be worth it when DC2 is finally here!
I feel a bit brighter today and after another mammoth wait in the ante-natal assessment I now have a prescription for Ranitidine and I am brooking no argument that this WILL be the answer to my vomiting/reflux/pain! I have also been signed off work for 2 weeks which leads nicely into a weeks annual leave and then I will only have 4 weeks left at work (and only working part time for those 4 weeks!) Hurrah!
Smegs I had a show with DS when I was about 5 cm dilated. It was absolutely disgusting - like an enormous pant ful of snot - twas snot coloured with some blood, just like something a 40 day smoker with a chest infection would cough up! smile Hope the clockwise circles are doing the trick!
Nutella Whinges (hormonal or otherwise) are allowed here anytime you like!

BartletForTeamGB Mon 26-Nov-12 18:08:03

Go Smegs! Hopefully we'll wake up tomorrow to news that you sneezed out a baby overnight!

Ooh brooking for smegs!

SantasSecretSparkle Mon 26-Nov-12 18:50:26

Hi ladies!! I promise I will catch up properly tomorrow but I have a quick question!!

I have reoccurring coccyx pain, only when I stand up, or when I roll over in bed!! Is that normal?

itsMYNutella Mon 26-Nov-12 20:47:22

Thanks for the whinge allowance! grin I cried twice this morning after having a shop at DP and I couldn't explain why, instead I just cried again <massive eye roll at over emotional/ hormonal self> so I know I'm a bit hormonal at the mo - hoping it is simply pregnancy related. Plus several days of truly grotty weather hasn't helped!

olivs hope you feel even brighter tomorrow!!

smegs you still rotating on your ball? Hope you get a fantastic nights sleep and aren't kept awake by twinges that mount to nothing smile oh and hope you got to enjoy your DC's play!

I order a lot via the Internet smile thank goodness for Internet shopping!!! grin
I tell myself that even though the postage is painful to pay its cheaper than flying over wink

itsMYNutella Mon 26-Nov-12 21:06:08

*i was stroppy with DP not shop (damn auto correct!)

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Mon 26-Nov-12 21:36:41

Do you do any kind of reward thing with your online shopping? If not then if you go to easyfundraising.org.uk then you can raise funds for charity when you shop. My Guide Unit has raised over a tenner since July and that is just from me

clickingtock Mon 26-Nov-12 21:52:22

Brooking for Smegs - gogogogogogogog. xxxxxxx

MissLToeishavingsantasbaby Tue 27-Nov-12 08:27:36

<twirls in to a flurry of tinsel and fairy lights> I could't wait any longer for my Christmas costume grin

Brooking like billio for Smegs sneeze birth, hope you are ok.

Sorry not really posted much, Toddly boo has man flu a cold, I thought it was whooping cough at first, then remembered he has been vaccinated confused but he has a nasty cough and temperature and is very very cuddly, and I did my back in again (picking up a teatowel) sad will be calling the MW for a physio referral today. I will catch up properly soon,sorry that was a bit mememe.

ScrambledSmegs Netherlands Tue 27-Nov-12 09:01:56

Poor toddlyboo sad. I hope he feels better soon. And you, Boo, I like your name. I'm saving mine for advent wink

I am sooooo tired. Had 6 big contractions in the space of an hour and a half in bed, then nothing. So been awake half the night. Also been unbelievably hot, and weird unsettled dreams. It's nice that stuff is happening, but it's a bit stop-start. Couldn't it happen in the day too, when I don't mind being kept awake?!

Thanks for all the good wishes. This is going to be a bit slow, isn't it? sad

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Tue 27-Nov-12 09:13:16

Oh Smegs it does sound like things are moving along, albeit a little slowly. I am brooking that it all kicks in at the at convenient time for you smile

<sprinkles a liberal amount of pepper in Smegs direction>

<added my Boo back on, I missed my Boo>

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Tue 27-Nov-12 11:23:37

Smegs I am warning you. No trying to beat my labour time. Just blardy well get on with it and get this baby out. I am brooking no arguments that you will not drag it out over 4 days like me although I started off with contractions at night which came and went

clickingtock Tue 27-Nov-12 12:35:00

Smegs - sounds frustrating but spiderbaby is almost here now. I had an hour or two like yours in the middle of the pentultimate night of pregnancy and thought I'd started labour but it really kicked off the next night (early morning) properly. So I went out for cappuccino and cake inbetween and tried a bit of reflexology. Hope you have a good day - treat yourself to something nice or something distracting.

Boo -you're all in the wars. Sending over the Red Cross.

Nuts - I've been feeling pretty stroppy too. Beware the pg woman in 3rd trimester. I think we should run for government except I couldn't of course be arsed.

Sparks - any kind of pain in your tail, pelvis, hips seems fairly understandable as you grow a baby. The uterus/baby push against the spinal area and can affect the nervous system. Your coccyx has to move a fair amount to accommodate the baby (tho' more towards the end and during birth) so it's bound to be a bit sensitive. Try to sit forward on your sitting bones to take the pressure off, so no slouching, lady. wink

No news here. Just feel we're on the countdown and I have to stay sensible is all.

TTFN. xxxxxx

itsMYNutella Tue 27-Nov-12 14:45:51

smegs got you confused with a preggo who is popping -any minute now... hmm she got to see her DS's play smile and still no baby there either...

smegs hope things get moving for you!

tock thanks, grin good to know that the hormonal, emotional mess I was yesterday is errr normal.... hmm I had another meltdown at bedtime.... But today I feel much more normal.

We went shopping today - need to get Christmas and birthday presents for DP (if bean is late it'll probably arrive on his birthday smile that's my guess anyway)... I have half of what I want to get him. Need to buy one or two more things and then it's done. But I am worn out now! Think tomorrow will be a day spent resting!

BartletForTeamGB Tue 27-Nov-12 14:46:13

smegs, brooking for that sneeze birth!

itsMYNutella Tue 27-Nov-12 14:46:25

- a preggo from the December thread smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.