Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sneeze births please, and we'll BROOK NO ARGUMENT

(1000 Posts)
TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 20:35:45

Over here Brookers. I'll stick a cake in the oven

Its not a scam its a genuine baby!!! haha

Scan is a week saturday (thats my private one)

Thanks for the reassurance, I rather thought that TTC was the stressful part, but it never actually stops!!!

Princessishavingababyboo Thu 22-Nov-12 11:32:28

Has anyone heard from Smegs? <sniffing about for new baby smell>

TheLittleFriend Thu 22-Nov-12 12:25:20

Totally non pregnancy related rant coming up:
Because some idiot of a person let their dog shit on the pavement, I have now spent the past half hour cleaning it from my house and shoes. And my hip, that was feeling quite good this morning, Is now so painful I can hardly stand, let alone walk. I am furious angryangryangryangryangryangryangry

Nope - never stops sparks because then the pregnancy turns into a baby and there's always something to worry about!

angryangry on your behalf little - that makes me so so so so so MAD!!! angryangry

BartletForTeamGB Thu 22-Nov-12 14:48:45

No news from smegs. Maybe she did go into labour in Poundland!

sparks, enjoy the lack of symptoms for a bit. To be honest, I've found they've gone for a bit so I've moaned and worried to DH about it, and then they come back again. Very excited about your scan next week. (I believe you, even if * biscuits* doesn't wink)

Only 7 more clinics for me to do and then I am off on maternity leave. They are pretty spread out so that does take me to just before Christmas, but it is nice to have them down to single figures.

ScrambledSmegs Thu 22-Nov-12 15:48:42

Nope, nothing. Honestly, nothing is happening sad

This is going to get really tedious for you all, I'm sorry. I think you should just assume that I'm still very pregnant unless told otherwise sad

Sparks, lack of symptoms sounds wonderful. I am very envy.

sad to see no baby yet!!!

but am now 100% taking back what I said about lack of symptoms!!!! having just had to make an emergancy dash to the disabled loo sad

pregnancy is gross!!!!

Princessishavingababyboo Thu 22-Nov-12 16:10:42

grin oh Sparks yes it is, truly gross. Hope the disabled toilet had been cleaned this time (now that WAS gross)

Happy Thanksgiving y'all. I have terrible indigestion so not particularly,relishing the prospect of turkey etc. And sweet potato with marshmallows.

Sorry not to name check, but hoping you all have good days despite vom and dog poo and clinics and going or not going into labour.

Happy thanksgiving whim sweet potato with marshmallow sounds gross!!!

Yuck, Little that sounds horrible. Hope you've managed to rest and recover now.

Sparks the symptoms/lack of symptoms drives you mad. And Biscuits is right - the worry never stops!

Bartlet that is fab re your impending maternity leave. Do you finish at Christmas then? Me too. Only 4 weeks to go for me - whoop!

Smegs, it will happen soon and when it does, you'd better be ready for the big sneeze.

Happy Thanksgiving Whim, enjoy the weird food.

Well, I've been looking on Spinning Babies and apparently the baby should be head down from 30 weeks, so I am considering doing some positions to encourage it to go head down as its currently oblique. Does anyone know whether this site is any good, or whether I should just wait patiently for baby to move on its own?

ScrambledSmegs Thu 22-Nov-12 23:23:04

Noooooooo! Step away from that website, Gen! Some of that stuff is harmless, but some is frankly dangerous - avoid any silly positions involving being head down on the stairs hmm. My ante-natal yoga teacher did some short downward dogs with me, she said that was a safe way to encourage the baby to turn but obviously don't spend too long like that!

Acupuncture, yoga, sitting in the right position, all helps. Good luck.

Which reminds me, must go see the acupuncturist about getting this baby out! I've been to one several times now, but MW has given me the number of her personal recommendation - apparently the woman never fails to get labour going. We'll see! Personally I doubt it will work after just one appointment, but gotta have faith.

Phew, there were no marshmallows, only a long boozy lunch (well, not for me, obv) with a nerf battle waged around us. What passes for relaxing round here.

smegs i would suggest scheduling an induction. It's never failed to work for me.

clickingtock Fri 23-Nov-12 09:22:30

Lady just gave birth in our local Waitrose. Middle name John (why not Lewis?)

Hello all Brookers - loads to catch up on and I don't think I'll manage to name all. But v sorry indeed to hear of various illnesses including hospital stays, and going overdue, plus dog shit explosion. That makes my blood boil too and I own a dog (and am scrupulous about picking up in plastic bags and binning). We have a fox that poos right outside our kitchen window every night, also infuriating but at least it's predictable.

Re' babies positions - yes, it seems all sorts can happen. DS was apparently breech at 38/39 wks but birth (41+5) was fine. I did do lots of exercises/positions to get him right or else he just got it right himself of course. Stacks - sounds like your DS is in a good place.

I have discovered one lady (from yoga class) due 2 days before me is having a DD - as far as I know, she is the only one (who is not UB) so far who is having a girl; seems like there's a big batch of boys on the way...

Off to MW. Need no glucose in pee but more iron in blood please. Brook for us will yers?

Re' HB Bartlett - we still haven't got ours in the bag, eg, the MWs may kick up a fuss about baby's position, glucose or iron levels.... But like you we are so close to a hospital it seems like a no-brainer to go for a HB and transfer if necessary. Lucky position to be in I guess. Hope you get to go for what suits you best. I still haven't quite worked out what to do with DS on the big day.

Lots of love to all.

xxx

Smegs thanks for the advice. I actually didn't do the crazy knees-on-chair-resting-on-forearms-on-the-floor position as it looked scary and when I briefly attempted it, I felt light headed! I think I will try downward dog type position tonight and also sitting on my ball. DH says to have faith that the baby will move in good time. I think acupuncture is worth a try for you!

Whim thank goodness re marshmallows - phew.

Tock, brooking for no glucose in pee and lots of iron in blood. Hope you've been having Guinness. Let us know how it went.

clickingtock Fri 23-Nov-12 13:57:50

Thanks Gen - just a bit low on iron and MWs still muttering about no homebirth unless it's closer to 11 (currently 10.3) but they are still booking me in. I'll double the iron pills and eat lots of prunes I guess. Oh and I remember Spinning Babies! Yes - I spent quite a lot of time on that site, panicking with DS who was allegedly breech at 38wks+. I think at 33wks you still have plenty of time tbh, but downward dog and swimming if you can face it might help. I also used visualisation - just a pic of a baby/bump in OP on the fridge I think! wink Acupuncture is meant to help and Smegs there's no reason why one session won't help bring on labour if the acupuncturist gets the right points. Reflexology is also supposed to be good, but when I went I was told that the 'channels' for birth were already open, judging by my feet, and lo and behold DS came along that night/the next morning! I also burned clary sage oil in my oil burner that night and fell asleep without blowing out the candle so may have given myself a strong dose. One more herbal remedy for late babies - blue cohosh but I have never tried this myself and feel nervous about recommending it.

No marshmallows? <disappointed> Oh, I quite like a mm.

Little - have remembered that you are having a girl but I think you are in the next 'wave' of babies (?) which according to my theory will be mostly girls. So this is how I think it's going to go. Sept/Oct/Nov - mainly girls. Dec/Jan/Feb - mainly boys and then back to girls again for the spring. Don't ask me where I got this one from. And I'm clearly obsessed despite strenuous denial that the baby's sex is important. grin

Sparks - brooking that you are just moving into the 'glowing' phase and putting the disabled-loos-vomming behind you.

TheLittleFriend Fri 23-Nov-12 14:06:29

tock maybe once they've booked you in for hb you can change the subject of they mention iron levels again wink

Oh, and I'm actually having a ds this time! But hopefully before the end of feb (due 21st) so still fits your plan grin

Tock, glad your iron levels are on the up and brooking that you reach the magic 11 g/dL in time for home-sneeze-birth. Thanks for sharing your theory re boys/girls. I wonder if that means miniGen is a boy? I keep changing my mind - sometimes I think the pg is similar to that with DD, so it must be a girl and other times, I feel it is very different so the baby must be a boy. But I know really that the baby's sex has no bearing on the pregnancy/shape of bump and all that and I feel a bit cross with myself for looking for 'signs'!

clickingtock Fri 23-Nov-12 16:14:14

Gen - don't feel cross with yourself looking for signs. It's the fun bit of not finding out, iykwim. I keep changing my mind too, as does DS. I feel genuinely happy either way but admittedly a bit more confident around little boys (while v happy to learn about little girls). smile Thanks re' iron. It is at least going in the right direction; that extra 0.3 g/dL (clever you) is making me feel a lot livelier than when I was only 10, I have to say.

Sorry Little - thought you had a DS and now expecting a DD but tis other way round. Hopefully you are fitting with my theory at least. It only works up to about 80% of births within each quarter, so that lets me off the hook. wink 21 Feb is a great date - DS's birthday... although according to the scans he was due on 7 Feb, so I went with my cycle date (13th)! Yesterday, I met one of those rare people whose baby arrived on their due date. I know tonnes of mummies but only 2 with kids that arrived as predicted.

TheLittleFriend Fri 23-Nov-12 16:18:26

No problem tock wink
I'm one of those rare 'born on due date' babies. Was hoping dd would follow suit but she didn't. Not holding out much hope for this baby arriving on time either!

itsMYNutella Fri 23-Nov-12 17:17:53

Hold on a second tock.... There is a glowingphase in pregnancy? When the almighty F is it? I'm guessing 35 weeks is now a bit too late???
I can't really complain, iron level have been consistently good/normal, no sugar, protein, glucose etc in wee (except for one time and then I think it was ketones - went straight from a long busy morning at work to the dr and needed lunch)... But since about 12/13 weeks I have had at least one splodge of eczema on my face. More annoyingly it has moved around; and nothing works sad sometimes it gets quite sore, but apart from moving it will not go away!

Hope you're feeling better Olives! My A&E story was from last December - sorry didn't want to panic anyone but I might have left you a bit confused... I realise now reading back that it isn't clear in my post.... Well, I have few weeks of preggo brain mist to go and then I'm hoping the clouds will part hmm and I will make sense again grin

Thanks Tock, I am very clever. I also know it takes a while to build up iron, so an increase of 0.3 g/dL is not to be sniffed at. I know what you mean re happy either way - me too. DD wants a sister though! Oh and I am one of the rare people in that DD arrived on her due date (my due date, not the scan date, which was the day before she was born). I expect this baby to be equally punctual, although my date is 5 days later than the scan date, so it will probably be 'late'.

Nutella, I don't think I've reached the glowing phase yet either! And I have had random patches of dry skin as well. Although I think the skin on my face is the best it's been for ages. I still get occasional spots at the age of nearly 37, but not had one for a while. Plus, I think my wrinkles have plumped out (but that could be down to cake).

GreenOlives Sat 24-Nov-12 09:00:07

Glowing you say? I bloody wish - the only glow coming from me is the sweat as I have another stomach cramp! sad
I feel so poorly still, have got on top of the vomiting but my digestive system is very unhappy still and I have terrible cramps and bloating sad I was so bloated last night that when I laid down in bed I had to bolt straight to the toilet to throw up as I think there was no room left and that's despite 2 different anti-emetics and lots of wind eze! My diet has been limited to toast, crackers, boiled rice, bananas and porridge - just small amounts - can anyone suggest any other foods/remedies for me to try? Im just so miserable at the moment, this baby is so so wanted but the pregnancy has been nothing but stress/worry/sickness and im so tearful I really think I may be a little bit depressed sad I really can't wait for Feb to arrive so I can feel like me again (obviously after the initial hormonal/exhaustion phase!) Sorry to be so self absorbed, I am still reading all your news and send love to all. Xx

clickingtock Sat 24-Nov-12 09:40:46

Poor you Olives - you have had a v tough time, big hugs. I'm sure you do feel a little depressed, partly because your nutrition has gone awry and that really affects how you feel. Plus all the attendant worries of parenthood and pregnancy, and hormonal changes.

Could you try eating something plain but a treat like <half> a warm Croissant? I have found that aloe vera gel really settles my stomach and you only take a small amount (but it doesn't taste very nice, sadly). Camomile tea is meant to be very soothing for your stomach too but get a plain organic one, not the type with vanilla or other flavours. It's not as strong as peppermint which I think would be too much for you. If you can manage anything green - a few fresh peas or cucumber - I think that might also help.

Good luck and keep going. Feb will be here soon and feel reassured that I'm sure most of us are keen to get there as pg does just seem to get tougher and tougher on everyone, so there's nothing to feel guilty about.

xxx

Princessishavingababyboo Sat 24-Nov-12 10:42:00

<sits and waits patiently for the glowing to begin> grin

*Olives, I really hope you start to see an improvement very soon, please don't feel guilty, it is such a hard thing to have a 'normal' pg, but to have a tough time like you are having, its no wonder you feel down. Brooking super hard for you.

Need some calming words of wisdom if you please, tis a mil issue. I have only seen her twice since being pg (she only lives a few mins away, dh and the boys see her weekly) the first time when we told her, the first thing she said was 'well you will be milking this for all its worth then' I avoided her for a few weeks, attempted another visit to be told I looked very poorly indeed, I didn't, I felt fine and her apology was 'I'm sorry you were upset by me saying you looked ill but ............' now I have to go see her again today, I don't wanna <stamps feet> please give me tactics sad

What have you'll got planned this weekend?

This thread is not accepting new messages.