Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sneeze births please, and we'll BROOK NO ARGUMENT

(1000 Posts)
TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 20:35:45

Over here Brookers. I'll stick a cake in the oven

ScrambledSmegs Netherlands Sun 18-Nov-12 08:55:35

No whims, sorry. I know from last time that it's not likely to be that quick! We have slooooow labours in my family.

My bump is still clenching like a bastard though. Very uncomfortable. Still very intermittent, nothing regular.

I promise to let you all know when I think it's the real deal!

Princessishavingababyboo Sun 18-Nov-12 14:26:45

sadsad first my arm now my back has completely gone sad Mr boo had to pick me up from the floor to the chair sad what I need is some Smegs baby news to cheer me up.

TheLittleFriend Sun 18-Nov-12 16:31:17

Oh no boo, hope you're ok

And hope you're ok too sparks. Hope the sickness goes soon for you.

smegs any more news? Really excited for you lovely xx

I've had loads of strong bh today, sometimes I can't imagine this baby staying in for another 13 weeks.

GreenOlives Sun 18-Nov-12 17:59:36

Sorry to hear that Boo sad

I am in the wars today too - have come home from work early after a vomit fest! It seems that my pregnancy vomiting is now linked to indigestion too so basically if I dare to move after eating everything comes straight back up and even a sandwich makes me feel full and bloated like I've had a 3 course meal! I constantly have horrible epigastric discomfort and I am MISERABLE! I was trying not to have any more meds this pregnancy after all the steroids etc but I've had to give in and one of the docs at work has prescribed Domperidone so fingers crossed please Brookers that this is a miracle cure (along with the trusty gaviscon!) Sorry for the me, me, me post but I am full of self pity today!

Hope those tightenings start moving things along soon smegs and little I hope yours calm down a bit because that bean needs to cook a while longer!

Waves to everyone else
Xx

TheLittleFriend Sun 18-Nov-12 18:49:39

green, that sounds awful, you poor thing! Were you like this when preg with ds?

I really don't think the tightenings are a concern, but I do find them quite uncomfortable, so just annoying.

smegs, any news grin

Princessishavingababyboo Sun 18-Nov-12 21:13:59

Oh Green I really hope the new med's work for you, that does sound awful sad

I have been out tonight for teen boo's birthday, he wanted bowling and a pizza. Obviously I was not bowling but he had great time we took his mate with us. I will speak to the mw tomorrow because my heat packs say not for preggo ladies and the Paracetamol aren't really handling my back pain very well sad

Any news Smegs?

GreenOlives Sun 18-Nov-12 21:52:29

Little No with DS I had sickness until 18weeks then I was fine, not a hint of vomiting for the rest of the pregnancy! And I have NEVER had indigestion before in my life! On a positive note I took my first tablet then attempted some toast 30mins later as instructed and it stayed down! smile Just a few sicky burps this evening (tmi) so Im feeling more positive this evening! I have to take it 30 mins before every meal so tom will be the real test! I hope your tightenings stop being so sore.
Boo I hope you are soaking in a nice warm bath now and that your MW is helpful tom.

ScrambledSmegs Netherlands Sun 18-Nov-12 22:13:30

Nope. Nothing. Nada.

<grumpy face>

Hope you both feel better soon, Green & Boo. I have indigestion too. It is shite.

Bet you can't even tell I'm pissed off grin

TheLittleFriend Mon 19-Nov-12 08:08:42

Hope it's today instead then smegs fx

Off to the nurse this morning for me, as I've got all those lovely uti symptoms again. Might just be a bruised bladder from being beaten up on the inside though - he is such a wriggler! No sleep for me after my 6am wee as he was having such a party on there smile

come on smegs this will be my first baby since I became a psepp/mwepp!!!!!

hmm no wait... maybe not...
mind has gone blank!!

Just told one of my bosses about the forthcoming addition to team sparkle, he is leaving anyway so he was really nice but reckons he'd worked it out a while ago, with the 'funny turns' I'd been having, and the fact that mrsparks seems to all of a sudden started picking me up and dropping me off every day!!

Princessishavingababyboo Mon 19-Nov-12 10:16:24

Oh gosh we are in the wars this week sad Keep I really hope you get sorted, uti or bruised, neither sound pleasant at all.

Smegs can we count indigestion as a sign? [Hopeful]

Green have the new drugs made any difference?

Sparks aaw lovely boss smile nice to tell people!

I spoke to the mw and I am allowed some co codamol and a hot water bottle for mw back smile need to go shopping for a hot water bottle now though, but the co codamol will make that easier.

Brooking for sneeze births and swift recoveries for all.

Hello! Sorry, I am not keeping up very well with the thread do to pesky RL.

I am very excited that Smegs sneeze birth is imminent! Brooking that the fed up-ness and indigestion are signs.

Boo you really are in the wars. Hope you can get some rest and recover. Is it worth having physio for your back? Mine is loads better now.

Little I get the strong BH too. On Friday people at work were panicking that I was in labout because I kept having to move around to try to ease them. I knew it wasn't labour, just BH, but it didn't stop them all getting excited/terrified!

Olives , that sounds horrid and I sincerely hope the medication works for you and you can eat properly today. Not good, especially when you have a job and a little one to look after.

Sparks, was it nice to tell someone? Hope your sickness is under control too.

Stacks, enjoy your mat leave!

I've had a fun weekend at my dneph's christening, except I managed to fall down the stairs! Luckily not many stairs, but I was paranoid for a bit that I might go into premature labour. Then I remembered I am a brooker and that's simply not going to happen. Not much to report really, got my 32 wk appointment today, so a good opportunity to see if I really am 'massive' or 'tiny'. I think people just feel the need to say something, even though it can seem a bit tactless at times!

Princessishavingababyboo Mon 19-Nov-12 11:23:54

Gen I have my 16 week check on Wednesday so will talk to the mw about physio. This is the 3rd time this year my back has been this bad so I think it would certainly help.

Hope your fall has not left you with anything more than wounded pride!

Definitely worth asking, Boo. Yep - I felt a bit silly, but everything seems fine!

Hope you're feeling better boo and gen and green and sparks and anyone else who has hurt their back / tummy / ligaments / broken a nail...

And are you feeling any less pg smegs?

I've been trying to stock up on some baby things over the weekend. What a mare. Americans almost entirely seem to find out the gender of the baby, so there is nothing neutral in the shops. Even once I've had a baby, I love a little baby in plain white things, but you just can't buy them it would seem. But you can buy little baseball outfits that say things like 'Mommy's little pitcher' . Vom tastic. And they cost like $25. Why oh why. So I'm treating myself with a trip to the knitting shop having rediscovered my knitting mojo with gusto. I was wandering round the house on saturday night looking for knitting like a junky looking for a fix. Or something.

Then yesterday was a laugh out loud ridiculous firago of a debacle. First we had to go to a party with some new friends of ours. It's their 3 year old's bday, and they don't know any other little children apart from ours, because the mum resolutely refuses to join in with anything or go to any groups, and then gets all resentful of me because I don't want to hang out with her the whole time because I'm actually quite busy. Her husband works with mine, but god only knows what he does because he seems singularly incompetent.

Anyway, the party was chaos. She got drunk, wouldn't let anyone leave until they'd done presents and cake (we'd been there from 2 until 6 by this point) then she fell up the stairs with the cake and burst into tears. I don't cope well with emotional types being entirely repressed myself .

So eventually we got to come home where my BiL was waiting. He proceeded to get really drunk (there's a theme here) and completely wind the children up, kept asking if he could go to the shop (no way was he driving anywhere) for me and when I asked him to pick up some toys, he fell asleep on the floor. All of which time I was making dinner. By the time MrWhim had talked the boys down from their cake / uncle high, BiL was asleep (and snoring) in bed. Then Mr Whim announced he'd had loads of pasties at the party and wasn't really hungry. So by the time I got to eat, I was on my own and it was 9pm.

Phew, I feel better for that. I can't even rant on FB about it because BiL's wife, who I've only met about 3 times, has friended me since we moved out here.

Anyway, I'm clearly a bad person so I better go to the wool shop because everyone knows knitting is good for the soul. Have a nice day y'all.

itsMYNutella Mon 19-Nov-12 20:11:26

Blimey whims both the crazy mother and your BIL sound like a right handful! I wouldn't have coped very well in either of those situations confused
Eating on your own probably wasn't much fun but at least you didn't have to suffer anyone else's nonsense hmm

Gen I've had mainly comments that my bump is small (it's also never been measured, seems they don't bother here) but I was once asked if I was having twins hmm although today the Dr reckoned it had grown loads in the last two weeks.... But why does everyone have to comment???

ScrambledSmegs Netherlands Tue 20-Nov-12 12:08:55

Oh dear, looks like a lot of you are in the wars sad. Here, have a nice brew and paracetamol, I hope you all feel better soon.

whims err, sounds like your new friend is quite a character! I too would have been very repressed in the face of that behaviour, would make me feel very uncomfortable. And your BIL! And MrWhims! Gah! But... tell me that's a typo, or did MrWhims really manage to scoff loads of cornish pasties at the party grin

Nuts bump comments are par for the course. It's something to say, that and asking if you know what the sex is. I had some hilarious comments last week all on the same day - one checkout assistant even said "Wow, your bump is huge" hmm, asked how long I had left, then in shock said "But you're not even that big". Make your mind up, love!

So, today I am mostly feeling horrifically nauseous and coldy. I've been sick a bit and am subsisting on tea and cream crackers. DH has been asking whether that's a symptom of labour, but I'm positive it's just a symptom of having a child at nursery and the winter being stomach bug time. Greeeaat... <channels Bill Lumbergh*>

*If you have no idea what that reference was about, watch Office Space. Clip

clickingtock Tue 20-Nov-12 13:14:58

Whims - enjoy being repressed in America. I think it's probably fair to generalise that you are in a minority. However, if you were a terrible gun-slinging right-winger... Nah, only kidding. I love all Americans.

You are all so poorly. I have put on my matron's outfit and am offering fresh apple crumble and custard, in tiny digestible amounts so that arms, backs and stomachs don't hurt in the eating/digesting process.

I'm ok - no complaints. That's because I'm ancient and desensitised. Booking in the homebirth with the midwives here next week. Hurray.

Come on spidersmegs, get a wriggle on. smile

Enjoying mat leave Stacks and not dashing off anywhere to far away, I hope ?

xxx

clickingtock Tue 20-Nov-12 13:16:11

too far away, darn it. <illiterate emoticon>

Nutella, I think Smegs is right - for some reason, people feel the need to comment! And FWIW, I am neither tiny nor massive, but bang on for dates. The MW even hazarded a guess that the baby would be 8lb. No idea how she can predict that with over 7 weeks to go, but hey ho!

Smegs where is your baby? Come on, woman, we need another baby to sniff! Hope you feel better soon and at any rate, before your sneeze birth. What's your official due date?

Thank you tock, I will snaffle some crumble!

Date night tonight with DH. It's nearly our wedding anniversary and I got him tickets for a gig for his birthday, so it's handy that the gig is tonight and we are even going to go out for dinner afterwards. Very excited!

Stacks Tue 20-Nov-12 14:54:56

Hey. I'm finding maternity leave 'difficult', in that the expectation was for me to clean, tidy, cook and organise. All I've managed to do is feel tired, and rush cook dinner last night so DH didn't realise I'd done nothing all day.

Today I'm making more of an effort. Went to NHS class on labour, and washing all the 'first size' baby stuff. Our washing machine has a 'baby and toddler clothes' setting, which is a 90 degree wash... but all the clothes labels say wash at 40? I did them at 40, but should I have gone for 90? They're all second hand clothes from eBay/family/neighbours. All smelt clean and fresh when I jot them.

Managed to have a but if a sugar crash crisis this afternoon. Had breakfast at about 8:30am (healthy Frosties) at about 11am during my class I felt hungry, by 11:50 I felt sick, shaky, and down right awful. What's up with that?

Whims that sounds a bit like the party from hell to me. I wouldn't say I'm repressed, but I find it very uncomfortable when people make public shows of emotion or drunkenness/bad behaviour. Also, poor show MrWhim, he could at least have sat with you through dinner.

I've forgotten what else I read. Smegs sickness can be a sign of labour, but it needs other symptoms alongside it to make it anything more than a dodgy tummy. We learnt that today smile

Tock hope home birth booking goes well.

I know I've forgotten stuff! I love my iPhone, but the MN app is terrible in done respects.

Princessishavingababyboo Tue 20-Nov-12 15:39:07

Wow Whim I don't know if I could have handled friend and bil any different, I think I am also repressed and proud! Hold they were at least apologetic!

Stacks seems like you have this leave thing about right, it is what me and toddly boo do daily grin we play all day then just before dh comes home it is a quick clean and dinner on, he thinks we have been busy boo's wink plus you do need the rest more than anyone!

Gen have a home time on your date night, sounds fab.

Nut I get 'helpful' comments about my bump all the time, I have bump paranoia now sad but it is huge

Thank you for the crumble and custard, just what we needed!

Oh good, you've all come back. I thought I'd killed the thread by being a Bad Person.

I found mat leave without a baby tricky too stacks. Time really crawled, especially as I stopped with 4 weeks to go and then the babies were nearly 2 weeks late. I did lots of sewing and knitting (while watching terrible telly) which made me feel useful and nesty without me actually having to do anything useful. I also did quite a lot of cooking so that there was lots in the freezer, but invariably I would leave loads of washing up and detritus for my poor husband. But put in naps at lunch time, coffee with friends (but only if they didn't have toddlers to hand) and watching the odd film and I could pass whole days without getting anything done at all!

Curiously the boy is now asking to go to bed. Best oblige.

GreenOlives Tue 20-Nov-12 19:03:59

Hi ladies. Yesterday turned into the day from hell - seems I have the dreaded Norovirus and have made myself very dehydrated by not keeping anything down! Have been in hospital since 10am, just finishing my 3rd litre of iv fluids but my wee has too many ketones in for them to consider sending me home sad Unfortunately there are no side rooms to isolate me on the antenatal ward so I may be spending the night here on labour ward! The labour sounds are a little off putting but the sounds of newborns crying is really quite lovely! Have just managed a slice of toast which has stayed down with the help of anti-emetics so hopefully things are looking up.
Hope you're feeling better smegs that's one bug you could do without!

This thread is not accepting new messages.