Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sneeze births please, and we'll BROOK NO ARGUMENT

(1000 Posts)
TheLittleFriend Sun 07-Oct-12 20:35:45

Over here Brookers. I'll stick a cake in the oven

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Mon 08-Oct-12 12:47:11

Hang on Fluff if it wasn't your waters, does that mean you 'did a boo'? grin

grin boo maybe! Mw just said i had normal discharge and didn't mention the gush, she could have just been being polite though!

Oh and baby's still back to back apparently sad

Good luck tock. I bet you've just slept funny or something, but it's good they're checking it out smile

Good luck Fluff

<concentrates REALLY hard on brooking>

<realises people are looking at her oddly>

<Tries brooking without the scrunched up face>

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Mon 08-Oct-12 13:12:36

grin Oh Fluff, brooking super hard for a swift induction and super sneeze birth. And I promise not to mention the 'water leak' much grin

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Mon 08-Oct-12 13:18:10

Fluff good luck, and I hope you and babyfluff meet with the minimum of fuss smile

I have a few tips about induction, if you're interested, but I don't want to worry you as I know you will be fine and it will be a sneeze birth. But if you're sure you're ok with it I'll post my small list.

Smegs x

Hi ladies, just thought I would mark my place!! I'm so super stoked for Fluff brooking super hard for your sneeze birth!!

TheLittleFriend Mon 08-Oct-12 13:33:10

Good luck fluff smile

Hope you're ok tock, sounds a tad scaryconfused

Stacks Mon 08-Oct-12 13:49:10

Good luck Fluff I'm sure all will go well with your induction. Is there no chance of a water birth for you at all now?

Tock hope the doctors just find a pulled muscle in there! Silly GPs dismissing stuff, but I always try and remember they may only know a little, but they know it about ALOT of stuff, so we have to give them some slack.

Whim could you use some catch-up tv things, like Netflix? They've got lots of them over there, locked to US access only. You might not get all the latest episodes, but you'll have more of a selection of old crap tv to watch at least.

Little I'm hoping for a bit before Xmas, if little'un can manage it. Also, Nutella is due in Dec too.

Froot it's exciting when people know, but can get a little frustrating too. I've been banned from doing anything in my PIL presence, and am only allowed to go up/downstairs slowly while holding the banister... At least I know their first grandchild is wanted, and will be loved. smile

Boo, olives and sparkle how are things with you? All well I hope?

Waves to visiting grads, biscuits and jen. I've been thinking I should start stalking your thread to get to know you all a bit better.

Oohhh good luck Fluff am looking forward to reading about your sneeze birth x

cakes82 Mon 08-Oct-12 14:41:52

Good luck Fluff you'll be enjoying your newborn snuggles very soon smile

itsMYNutella Mon 08-Oct-12 14:58:34

Oooohhh shiny and new... what a nice thread, thanks little!
And Stacks is right I'm also due in Dec, although I reckon it'll be a week late and fall on DP's birthday wink in January... then I don't have to get him a present, right grin awww of course I'll get the lovely man a present... eventually.

brooking for fluff! How exciting.... <lingers waiting for news>

<MOAN ALERT> I can't sleep! Was awake last night from about 3:30 and tried getting up about 4 and having a wee, having a drink of water and going back to bed... then an hour later or so got up again and had a little handful of nuts...then still couldn't sleep... Woke DP which made me feel really guilty. Think I must have been asleep between 7:00 and 7:30 because I didn't hear DP shower or moving around and that "power nap" of half an hour seems to have kept me going until now... supposed to be at pregnancy yoga later but honestly I can't be arsed! Think I'm going to hide on the sofa with DP and hope I get the proper nights sleep I ordered last week!

Oh and Stacks so glad you're also suffering preggo brain smile I've been feeling exceptionally blonde and pregnant recently!!!

Frootloopz Mon 08-Oct-12 15:07:24

Yay! Good luck fluff focus on the collective power of the brookers!!!

Post away biscuits smile

Currently just trying to stay mobile. The propess thingy was agony shock hoping I don't have to repeat that... Cream crackered now which isn't a good start!

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Mon 08-Oct-12 15:58:48

Oh Fluff sorry to hear about the propess, though not actually sure what that is? I assume it is to get you started. Well as your a brooker you will sneeze that little one out and be having brew before you know it. Brooking for you. thanks

musicalmrs Mon 08-Oct-12 16:05:33

Good luck Fluffy! Hoping the induction goes smoothly and that you have a wonderful easy sneeze birth, even if non-watery!

<mega brooking>

<waves to everyone>

Nutella were you interested in the coat at all? It's completely fine if you're not but I'd like to get it on ebay while theres a load of cold preggos looking for coats grin

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Mon 08-Oct-12 16:32:14

Fluff if you're knackered then try to sleep now! Do you have a TENS machine? I managed to get quite a lot of sleep with one of them on a low level during induction.

Good luck. Keep hydrated!

Oh, and my most important tip - DO NOT LET YOUR DP EAT A TUNA SANDWICH WHILE YOU'RE IN LABOUR. If he then comes over and demonstrates breathing in your face, the temptation to murder him may be too much grin

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Mon 08-Oct-12 16:33:52

Boo, Propess is the delivery system they use for the pessary in inductions. Imagine a sweep but more hurty shock

itsMYNutella Mon 08-Oct-12 16:35:46

Sorry biscuits!!blush Total preggo brain! Thank you, totally slipped my mind!!
Thank you, the coat looks great but I'm going to put my pennies towards a jumper instead... and live with doing up my top buttons on my normal coat. Not as much cash to splash as I would like... sadly...

ReturnOfTheMunx Mon 08-Oct-12 16:37:07

fluffy best of luck! My induction was fab, really quick managed on just gas and air and no stitches.

Propress worked in less than 24hours, waters were artificially broken and then four hours later DS appeared.

So inductions can be ok.

Can't wait for your news!!

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Mon 08-Oct-12 16:38:12

Ow, ow ow ow, OW Ow! Fluff brooking that worked for you and you don't have to do it again. Get some rest while you can, good luck my lovely.

Smegs loving the sandwich tip, have just told Mr boo that one as he loves tuna.

JenFrankenstein Mon 08-Oct-12 16:45:24

Go Fluff!

Stacks feel free to join us talking about constant poo all sorts of interesting things

TheLittleFriend Mon 08-Oct-12 16:52:07

smegs grin at the tuna sandwich story

ReturnOfTheMunx Mon 08-Oct-12 16:53:40

Yes fluff keep mobile, go and have a walk in the hospital grounds. If they'll let you.

clickingtock Mon 08-Oct-12 18:36:40

Good luck Fluff - really got everything crossed for you. Hope the propess was the worst of it. Hugs. Drinking lots is essential - good advice from everyone here, and do your swip haying <meaning hip swaying of course>

Thanks Stacks - duty GP was much more cautious though. It was receptionist who tried to get me to wait a week... But bit of a traumatic day here - back from a whole arvo in hospers and they were keen to keep me in over night because they couldn't do a final conclusive test re' the clot, too busy in ultrasound dept. I had to discharge myself against doc's advice, as friend had already looked after DS for 5 hours, bless DF; I couldn't ask him to stay the night and get DS off to bed etc. Had ECG, chest x-ray plus blood tests. All fine and baby's heart sounded great so decided to take the risk, come home and go back for final ultrasound of legs tomorrow. Pretty sure I've got a deep, nasty muscular prob and wanted advice on that. Instead got a very nasty injection in the stomach with a blood-thinning agent and had a bit of a cry on my own - felt sorry for baby more than anything tho' they swore baby would be totally unaffected by injection. DP wasn't here when I needed him and has missed 2/3 scans for this pg. And he wonders why I'm not super keen on his employers... Anyway, bout of self-pity done and dusted. Luckily DS crashed out in car just now and is having a v early night.

Smegs - that TFS breath anecdote cheered me up. DP cooked us sardines the other night and I could have killed him just for that, didn't need labour to add to the outrage! Fishiness and pg don't seem quite right do they even though they're good for us!

Nuts - sympathy re' sleep. This is when a warm bath, horlicks and possibly a paracetamol or two are justifiable even if it wakes your other half...

Hello to all btw.

xxxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.