Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - arrivals are now underway

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Thu 04-Oct-12 12:43:08

Oh and I daren't say anything about it to my mum. She would never hurt an animal but at the same time doesn't really like them. She will be paranoid the dog will eat the baby or something hmm grin

Sophiathesnowfairy Wed 10-Oct-12 19:25:56

A friend of mine has just had her baby 12 days late. 11lb 5oz shock

I have asked for tips!

ValiumQueen Wed 10-Oct-12 19:26:18

DH no longer likes Grayson. Too many gay jokes he thinks. I think I am past caring what we call him. He may be 'boy' for life at this rate.

ValiumQueen Wed 10-Oct-12 19:26:52

sophie ouch! How did she deliver. Carefully I bet!

Sophiathesnowfairy Wed 10-Oct-12 19:36:25

vq I really don't know I can't wait to hear that birth story! She said the people at the hosp were brilliant, which is a relief as it's the same one I will be going to, I've not had any of the others there.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Wed 10-Oct-12 19:41:24

Hello all. Long day, have been to London and back for a seminar and am exhausted. Could not get comfortable on train at all. Despite myself, glad am finishing work this week. Going to catch up on thread while having a soak in th bath despite just promising DH I would not take the iPad in the bath

GTbaby Wed 10-Oct-12 19:49:54

Out for anniversary. Re leaving our first date! Hope ur all well. I missed out on pizza yesterday, so havin one today!

I feel huge! I got bored so got DP to bring bowls, spoons, scales and ingredients to the coffee table, I sat in my ball whilst making a cake. It tastes great and did look awesome before the cat decided she would have some, I forgot my pain and dived at the tin before it hit the floor and caught it in 3 pieces hmm that furry little moo will attempt moving heaven and earth to get her thieving paws on a baked good, she ate 12 salt dough stars I had made for the christmas tree a few weeks ago. <sigh>

As for the manual turning, I've never had it fine but I hear its quite uncomfortable, I've known 3/4 ladies have it done only for baby to flip straight back round. I don't think I'd personally go for it.
Not that I'll have that choice as my young man appears to be firmly engaged and destroying my cervix at all times!

capedcrusader25 Wed 10-Oct-12 20:16:04

I wish I could have a pet sad very jealous of the cats and dogs (even if they're a bit naughty!)
I think my one is a bit stuck, her head is squashed up under my ribs! The kicks to the sciatic nerve are quite spectacular.
My hospital's success rate for ECVs is 60% but this doesn't account for those that just flip back. Plus I'd need more anti D because it can bring on labour. So I'm gonna stick to the planned section. So many things in pregnancy to think about n make decisions about confused

YellowWellies Wed 10-Oct-12 20:28:55

Hello all - I've had a lovely day reading JuJu Sundin's Birth Skills - a really positive book on birth and practical natural pain relieving skills. Best thing about it - she talks you through medical intervention and back to back labour and all manner of 'if things go wrong' in a really positive manner. Rather than some natural birth books which seem to imply if you don't go 100% sans drugs / interventions that you've failed somehow and done it wrong. DH is going to read it as there are loads of great tips for Daddies to be. It's the best book I've read on the subject.

Daisy nice to hear the wee man is acting like a proper bonafide newborn! Even gladder to hear you guys could be home together soon. Many congratulations.

I'm getting lots of clear fluid out of my boobs whenever I touch them now (thankfully they're not leaking unless stimulated). Am quite excited. Makes me more confident that I can feed this wee one when they arrive - lets hope they get the memo about latching. Both DH and Dsis now convinced I'm in pre labour. Which I am sure will guarantee a 41 or 42 weeker.

Sophia ouch - my DFIL was a 13lber - am hoping this little one doesn't take after the patrilineal side of the family shock

MM glad he's apologised, he darn well should make it up to you (and I'd milk it for more than a bath and him emptying the dishwasher!!!! get that changing bag wink and get shot of the landrover)- don't let yourself feel complicit or somehow deserving of being badly treated though (which sometimes it sounds like thats how you feel). No matter how hormonal you are - remember you are a pregnant woman approaching a major life event, of course you're hormonal. Your hormones are much needed at this point. He's not going to be pushing large objects out of the most favourite intimate bits of his body - so really his stress is entirely secondary to yours at this point. If he thinks otherwise then he needs to man up.

YellowWellies Wed 10-Oct-12 20:31:27

Kirrin the Mei Tai's I'm looking at are copies - I'm not up for spending £80 on the real deal as it's primarily something we'll use in the first four months I reckon. You can get second hand legit ones for about the same price. but I liked the jazzy pattern on the one I bought

I'm quite envy of your leaky boobs YW mine have had a couple of small leaks rivers but that was a couple of weeks ago. I really want to feed this one by the breast, DS2 was a dream to feed, I hope my lack of regular leakage doesn't mean I'm going to be lacking in milk. <is that silly? ... It is isn't it? blush>

I could do with a shower but getting upstairs is like a who mission with planning and everything. hmm

YellowWellies Wed 10-Oct-12 20:45:21

Tits my sister has been BFing now for nearly 3.5 years (between her son and daughter) and produces like a milk cow - she never leaked a drop in pregnancy so I don't think there is any correlation at all. You've done it before too - don't worry xxx

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Oct-12 20:49:41

Here here YW. It's great you feel a bit better MM and none of us are perfect. However, making you feel bad for being sick and not being able to sleep is poor show.

I managed to get all my kit for my hospital bag downstairs and all in one place - not actually packed it yet.

kirrinIsland Wed 10-Oct-12 20:52:51

Ouch Sophia that's massive! Hope mum and baby are doing well.

daisy nice to hear from you - hope you will both be home soon.

I have spent the day hobbling around with a bad back and horrible stomach pains (not contractions!) I hope it's eased off by tomorrow - I am not pleasant to be around at the moment sad

horseylady Wed 10-Oct-12 20:54:00

I just lost my temper big time with the chef. I was horrid to him.

I also cried.

Whoops.

Oh grand, I'm glad! after all these giant boobs have got to be useful for at least something! wink grin

Blargh time to start the accent to the realms of upstairs.

I've got a Mei Tei sling, just dug it out the shit tip car and gave it a wash so all ready for a baby again (bet I never use it!)

ValiumQueen Wed 10-Oct-12 21:00:38

tits no reason why your tits would not work fine this time. Quit the silliness!

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Oct-12 21:01:04

What chef horsey?

I cried on Saturday - I never cry.

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Oct-12 21:02:35

That's entirely untrue. I cry at stuff like John Lewis adverts but I don't cry for me if that makes sense. DH and I were bickering and I sniffled for ages. I felt dreadful as it was entirely disproportionate to the issue.

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Oct-12 21:05:13

I keep dreaming about breastfeeding. Contrary to the anxiety dreams I would have expected I dream about expressing like a dairy cow. In one dream I was giving it away I had so much.

New

Thread

Time smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.