Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - arrivals are now underway

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Thu 04-Oct-12 12:43:08
ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 16:12:07

horsey make them into sock monkeys? If you cut them up, he has no choice. I feel for him though, as I am a hoarder too. Not sure why I still have my size 8 leather dress as I am never gonna fit in it again, and even if I could I am far too old.

Talking of weight, I have not put on an ounce since 32 weeks. I still weigh just a couple of pounds more than I did pre-pg. and it is not for lack of trying grin.

20 more sleeps.

horseylady Fri 05-Oct-12 16:21:40

Really?! I still have my wedding dress lol but no it's either sold or charity shopped!!

Seriously there's an old smelly brown jacket in the wardrobe too......that's going!!

MissMummy1 Fri 05-Oct-12 16:38:22

What do you buy a daddy-to-be who has everything and more for his birthday? DH's birthday is in a couple of weeks and I'm totally at a loss for what to get him. It's not a 'special' birthday (and in fairness, I still haven't forgiven him for buying me tyres for my car last year...). So far I have the Haynes baby manual (he has a haynes manual for every car he's ever owned - sympathise with the other hoarders' other halves on here!) but nothing else. I made him up a 'dad-to-be' kit for father's day so want to try and steer clear of too many baby-related things. Any suggestions appreciated. Preferably something to butter him up in anticipation for the breast feeding workshop on his birthday!

YellowWellies Fri 05-Oct-12 16:57:31

If he bought you tyres I'd buy something for the house or myself to be honest grin that'll learn him wink but possibly not the best idea if he needs persuasion to come to the BF thingy.

ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 17:00:47

Put a blow job voucher in an envelope, only redeemable once he has been to the BF workshop.

ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 17:01:29

I am pretty sure anything sex related will be gratefully received at this stage of the pregnancy.

missmummy I've just bought dh a jumper from River Island (it was reduced but sshh!) and a book also from RI which is full of funny answers to exam questions.

MissMummy1 Fri 05-Oct-12 17:13:27

LOL at Valium !! Redeemable sex vouchers may be the way forward. A bit like the IOU puppy I got for Valentine's day this year - turns out I can't actually redeem it and get a puppy when I want! sad YW he may still end up with a pink lining changing bag because I want one and can't justify buying it for myself. I've already decided to take him out for dinner, via the breastfeeding workshop first! DH21 I've bought him clothes the last 2 years and he only ever lives in the same things so they're pretty wasted on him. And we do not need any more books!!! Maybe I could buy him the bookcase I've been lusting after....

ShellyBobbs Fri 05-Oct-12 17:14:38

UPDATE

I've had my whooping cough vaccination. A phone call from the surgery saying come now.

Hurray, I feel so much better except wish I hadn't seen the bloody whooping cough thread now and gone on there first.

Might even sleep tonight. Yay!

ShellyBobbs Fri 05-Oct-12 17:16:06

VQ My hubby would love anything sex related right now grin, but he aint gonna get it......

I'm home from my mw appointment and all is well. I'm 34 weeks today and measuring 33 but mw didn't seem concerned as still growing steadily. Listened to baby when I was having a Braxton Hicks and his heartbeat was over 170bpm. She listened again after and it had gone down. She said it's nothing to worry about and good that he is reacting to the environment around him. She estimated he will be around 7lbs at birth so average or just under.

I didn't even have to ask about whooping cough. She brought it up and I made an appointment on my way out for the 15th. Stocks are coming in middle of next week but appointments next week are nearly full up already so sounds like a lot of women are choosing to have it. 15th suits me fine because I'll have finished work by then and still be just over 35 weeks.

ShellyBobbs Fri 05-Oct-12 17:23:03

Lovely Apple, my girls were 6lb 8 and my lad was 8lb, all easy to push out so it's a good weight smile

YellowWellies Fri 05-Oct-12 17:24:48

See I'm gagging for a fumble at the moment but have a DH who is suddenly squeamish about hurting the baby (I am tempted to reply 'it's not THAT big dear' grin) - possibly not helped that I mentioned I started producing colostrum yesterday. Damnit it's meant to be my libido that's affected!!! Admittedly it's possibly not easy finding a position at the moment that doesn't require a run up to get close to me grin I can see weeks and weeks of no nookie looming sad BJs are all well and good but to be honest not what I'm after fnar fnar...

YellowWellies Fri 05-Oct-12 17:26:33

I should stress that he is still very lovey, tactile and sweet, telling me he loves me and my preggo body is beautiful etc, so I shouldn't really complain, but m'eh... sometimes I think I'm such a bloke.

MissMummy1 Fri 05-Oct-12 17:28:17

Yay Shelly !!

I think I've just found the perfect thing here ! Will either help him mourn the loss of the landrover project I've made him get rid of, inspire him to get the other one finished, or be a kick in the teeth that his beloved discovery is going to the crusher? Any which way it will have to do!

ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 17:37:06

MM perfect gift (in a pink lining wrapper)

The whooping cough thread is getting nasty.

YW grin at you being a bloke! There are many many many ways to skin a cat, with or without him blush I think it is sweet that blokes worry about hurting the baby. It is motivated by love, and for anything to overwhelm their desire for sex which, let's face it, is pretty constant, that must be a pretty strong love.

YellowWellies Fri 05-Oct-12 17:43:05

Great gift idea MM1. I didn't realise he was mourning the loss of a Discovery - I thought it was a Defender (a very cool car that I could empathise re the loss of) - god Men are daft. I think the kit is a lovely idea xxx

Ah yes VQ there are indeed many ways to skin a cat - but m'eh not the same without him as it were. He is very very loving. I'm v lucky but whilst his favourite hobby at the moment is listening to the bumps heartbeat - I'm wishing it were a bit more carnal. I'll be the opposite once I'm BFing I'm sure... sigh.

NervousAt20 Fri 05-Oct-12 17:43:33

MM the pink lining bags are very nice

grin haha shelly glad you got your vaccine

YW my DP is the same. We went several weeks without any at all which has never happened in the 9 years we've been together. I asked if something was wrong or if he didn't like my pregnant body and he said no, he just doesn't want to hurt the baby and am I sure it's safe? Bless.

Dixiebell Fri 05-Oct-12 17:44:52

Had 8 toddlers and their mums round for DS's bday party this pm. Just said goodbye. My body aches. Gonna shut the door to the kitchen/diner and let DH clean up the residual mess once he's home from work. All i can manage now is back to back Peppa until bedtime smile

horseylady Fri 05-Oct-12 17:45:02

Shelly - you wish you'd not had it or read the thread to get it sooner?

What I don't understand, is that people are being hysterical about side effects etc. It's the exact sane vaccine that you will give your baby at 8 weeks? Yes it's different to the one being given in the states, but they operate a different health system to ours and it doesn't make it more correct. It's unethical to run tests on pregnant ladies, which is why hysterics like this occur. Plus there are so many things which can go wrong and undetected which may or may not be attributed to the vaccine.

It's a personal decision as to whether or not you have it, im
Sure it'll be the first of many we make. this is not new news, there has been a call for pregnant women to be vaccinated routinely for the last 18months, it's just taken this long for approval by nice.

At the moment the health officials feel the benefits outweigh the risks and I'll go with that!! Dh agrees. It's a vaccine routinely used in children, it's not a new vaccine. The baby will receive the vaccine at some point in his life if you chose to allow him to be vaccinated!

MissMummy1 Fri 05-Oct-12 17:52:00

YW I made him choose between his defender and discovery projects. The defender won, disco diva is off to the scrap yard if a buyer can't be found before November. Hoping the kit will inspire him to finish building his real life defender as I'm desperate to drive it! (and it won't look crap on the driveway like the crumbling discovery did). After spending hours racking my brains for ideas I'm quite chuffed with my ingenious idea!

I seem to have had a huge burst of energy today! Done 6 loads of washing, caught up with an old friend for lunch, cooked dinner and steam cleaned the bathroom for the third time this month (we're not dirty people honest! my mental pregnant brain keeps telling me it has to be 100000% spotless....)

ShellyBobbs Fri 05-Oct-12 17:56:05

Horsey I wish I'd never gone on the other thread, it's turned all political now slagging off all the women who have emailed their MPs lol. I've had to come off it smile

YellowWellies Fri 05-Oct-12 17:56:09

Ahhh good man - picking the Defender over the Disco.

Hehehe sounds like a great day - don't forget to leave some germs around for the baby's immune system to chew on though my lovely! Mindst you could always just bring them round to ours, that should do the trick...

YokoUhOh Fri 05-Oct-12 17:59:32

Hi fellow Novembermums...
...I just wanted to canvass opinion on how long people are working for. I'm due 22nd Nov but working full time until 37 weeks. My job's quite stressful (secondary teacher) and I'm on my feet all day. I had horrible sickness and faintness yesterday, plus was in school until after 8 with an open evening. Am I overdoing it?

This thread is not accepting new messages.