Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - arrivals are now underway

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Thu 04-Oct-12 12:43:08
DonnaDoon Fri 05-Oct-12 11:17:13

shanelle I think Evil was due about a week or so before me and Im 36+1
Good luck Evil

TheDetective Fri 05-Oct-12 11:17:23

And i'll cc PALS in for good measure. Hmpf.

ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 11:27:18

evil is past 37 weeks now for sure.

Bastard Sheriff Court have not excused DH. Well if baby comes early, or trial runs over, he ain't missing it!!!

Payroll cannot pay my mat leave money in equal payments due to my twat of a boss losing the paperwork. Probably just as well though, as we will now have a whole month without DH getting paid because of the sodding court and unpaid Pat Leave.

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 11:30:08

shanelle excellent news!!

ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 11:32:02

izzy good she has meds. DD is on that too, and loves it (strange child). How is yours with meds?

waiting (I think anyway as on old thread) I feel your pain in both arms. My sleep has not been good with the jabs, but it will ease soon. At least we have had them, so not being kept awake with worry about them!

TheDetective Fri 05-Oct-12 11:33:46

Oh my god VQ I'd be going absolutely mental....

I hate incompetent twats, and people who have no brains. I can't believe your DH hasn't been excused! I really can't! And your manager is an idiot--fuckwit--. I think my hormones may be over reacting on your behalf...!

ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 11:39:49

I think DH is quite looking forward to it, and it will save money on petrol. He may be let go on the first day. We will just wait and see. As for my boss, I think it is a pre-requisite to be a twat to be a manager in NHS. No wonder I am still front line grin perhaps they go on the same how-to-be-a-twat course that GP receptionists and practice managers go on? I am trying not to get wound up as it is not good for my mental elf.

kirrinIsland Fri 05-Oct-12 11:39:51

Yay shanelle - what a relief!

izzy your poor DD - hope she feels better soon.

I am well and truly over this pregnancy malarky now! But too soon to be hoping for an early arrival, I'll be 37 weeks in 2 weeks time and baby can come as soon as she likes after that!

I have lots of BHs and an achy tummy - do BHs cause aching even when they've stopped?

ShellyBobbs Fri 05-Oct-12 11:41:19

Yellow I have involved the PCT, the immunisation co-ordinator was supposed to speak to the practice manager, but yesterday she obviously hadn't and she's now off until Tuesday.

Anyway the complaints manager has emailed me to say she will ring me later to discuss everything with me and to try and get it sorted (due to above person being off). I've also managed to dig out the Director of Public Health's name and email address for the PCT which is the next avenue I think if this doesn't work.

To be honest, today I'm just knackered after not a minutes sleep, plus all 3 of the ankle biters are off today due to staff training and I don't want to be a twat round them which I will be if I phone the surgery today and start kicking off with them yet again. I'm going to charge my rockets over the weekend and let them blast on Monday. Don't worry, I'm not letting them get away with it and I've told the complaints manager that I am fighting not just for me, but for all the pregnant ladies who are eligible in my surgery grin

ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 11:42:00

Good news shanelle very pleased for you!

kirrinIsland Fri 05-Oct-12 11:43:12

VQ I'm contemplating a career change that will involve working for the NHS - am I crazy?! Are all managers really that bad?

ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 11:44:05

shelly God help them on Monday! Hopefully you will get an answer today though.

ShellyBobbs Fri 05-Oct-12 11:44:05

Kirrin They most certainly can, and back ache. I went a whole day yesterday without feeling one Braxton Hick, I think that's a first since I was about 13 weeks! I was uber busy though and didn't sit down all day until about 9.30pm which is why I feel such a sweary bitch today, and I don't normally swear like I have today blush

ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 11:46:00

kirrin I think it depends how high up you would be going in at as to how you would be treated. They are not all twats, I had a fab one down south, plus he was hot!

StuntNun Fri 05-Oct-12 11:46:41

Evil is due 20 October, she's in our 'club' because her dates were changed after we had all got to know each other!

Detective if my DH asks, it's all your fault that the fridge is now full of lasagne.

The doctor wasn't much use, apparently I'm incredibly tired and thirsty all the time because I'm pregnant. That was worth waiting an hour and a half for. I mentioned that I worked up to 38 weeks with my last pregnancy and now I get out of breath just sitting up in bed but this was deemed not relevant. At least she checked for anaemia, glucose in urine, swelling, palpated tummy etc.

I plan to be grumpy for the rest of the day to make up for it.

ShellyBobbs Fri 05-Oct-12 11:48:01

VQ Really god help them because I'll have had an extra 2 days of research to do (too busy resting and pissing today) and I'm going above local level as of Monday if it's not sorted.

When I saw my new midwife today, I think she was trying to cheer me up by saying that 'the head is RIGHT in there', you should have seen her face when I told her it was 'right in there' 2 weeks ago, then it wasn't and now it is again. Oh and it's my 4th so it'll probably be 'right out of there' by the time I get out of your door smile Ahhh, I think she only wanted to try and make me feel better after my rant.

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 11:48:59

Go shelly! Why didnt you get any sleep, sounds awful.

kirrinIsland Fri 05-Oct-12 11:56:17

Ohh VQ a hot manager, that would be a first for me ignores the fact that DP was my first ever boss That would be a bonus. I'd be going in pretty low in the pecking order, my options are somewhat limited at the moment....

Thanks Shelly I've had vague tightenings since about 16 weeks, but proper whole solid bump BHs have only started in the last few days - I'd forgotten what they're like!

ShellyBobbs Fri 05-Oct-12 11:58:50

Just had a phone call off the complaints manager, she told me the immunisation manager spoke to the practice manager yesterday afternoon, so must have been after I'd been. She is going to speak to her now again and phone me back. Fingers crossed ladies smile

YellowWellies Fri 05-Oct-12 11:59:45

"I'm going to charge my rockets over the weekend and let them blast on Monday." Go for it Shelly grin

ShellyBobbs Fri 05-Oct-12 12:00:31

Pasties I was up weeing and my fanjo was aching plus little buba was kicking me all night. I think also this f'ing WC jab was on my mind and by the time I decided to get up I was fuming. Must have had about 64 wee's last night smile

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Fri 05-Oct-12 12:07:27

Thanks for asking after DD. She doesn't mind taking medicine, in fact she quite likes it, the funny child! Glad I took her cos its always more difficult getting seen over a weekend.

I wonder how evil is doing, is it wrong in a bit jealousy of her being so far ahead of us all?!

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 12:09:51

Cor blimey - sometimes by the time I have typed and pressed 'post' five new messages appear!! hehe, you all must be faster typers than me!

64 wee's shelly how annoying. I sometimes think about wearing a nappy at night time (sexy I know).

stunt look after yourself. I'm glad you saw a doctor even if they didnt give you any useful advice, at least they are checking a few things for you.

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 12:10:52

izzy sorry to hear (upthread) that you are in so much pain. Can you talk again about a cs or early induction?

TheDetective Fri 05-Oct-12 12:11:13

I'm about to go all kinds of apeshit. My fucking twatting email just locked me out, prior to sending my email. I can't even be bothered explaining why it has done it, but needless to say. YAHOO YOU ARE A PILE OF USELESS CRAP.

Just keep swimmin', just keep swimmin', just keep swimmin'.... repeat until calm!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.