Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - arrivals are now underway

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Thu 04-Oct-12 12:43:08
NervousAt20 Thu 04-Oct-12 12:53:56

Marking place. I wonder how many babies this thread will see arrive

ValiumQueen Thu 04-Oct-12 12:58:44

Marking place. Feels like this is a weekly occurrence.

Marking my spot too

StuntNun Thu 04-Oct-12 13:22:24

It is VQ, exactly one week since the last thread ended!

ValiumQueen Thu 04-Oct-12 13:27:14

blush. We do talk a lot don't we! grin

Catbag Thu 04-Oct-12 15:00:45

Marking my place too

One week? Bloody hell. That means we'll probably go through several more before I get to meet my baby sad

<marks place> can't wait to hear Evil's baby news grin

In a world of pain tonight, stuck firmly upstairs, feels like my 'areas' are about to explode blush

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 04-Oct-12 21:25:55

I'm here.

Elizadoesdolittle Thu 04-Oct-12 22:29:58

Marking place...and now going to bed. Shattered is not the word.

kirrinIsland Thu 04-Oct-12 22:36:05

Marking place

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Thu 04-Oct-12 22:40:57

Marking my spot

blonderthanred Thu 04-Oct-12 23:05:35

Wow a new thread already. Look forward to hearing Evil's news and hope we have some more birth announcements - but also hope mine stays put for more than a week yet!

Marking place. Havent been on the other threads much. But due nov 2nd smile

rowingdowntheriver Fri 05-Oct-12 06:53:24

Marking my place. Good luck evil!

Lane81 Fri 05-Oct-12 07:54:23

Marking spot. Hope we have lots more birth announcements on this one!

Marking place smile

horseylady Fri 05-Oct-12 08:27:58

Marking place too!!

LittleLolly Fri 05-Oct-12 09:54:54

Marking place.... And hoping I give birth on this thread <unlikely>

Tiago Fri 05-Oct-12 10:04:41

Also marking place. Really really ready to meet the baby now!

Cacacaz Fri 05-Oct-12 10:59:50

Gosh another new thread already, I will attempt to catch up with the other one blush I am struggling to keep up! Might be a tad easier from today since its my last day at work grin

YellowWellies Fri 05-Oct-12 11:00:55

Hello all, marking my place. Waiting I had the same thing last night - I realised I'd had my WH jag on the arm I normally sleep on... Ouch!

I'm now working four days a week (2 of which from home) and today is my first proper day off - am loving it. I slept in until 10.30 and DH managed to get the embers on the Rayburn going so I didn't wake up to a cold house. Bless that man. Why can I sleep so well in the morning but not at night. Today I'm making curry, bidding on Ebay (I think I have dodgy taste for 70s style knitwear poor baby as I'm getting most of the things I want for under a fiver!), painting our crib for the wee one to be plonked in during the day, having a clean of the house - and watching Jeremy Kyle on +1 grin Am also having lebkuchen for breakfast mmmmm Christmas

I hope everyone has a lovely day. Good luck Evil. Shelley go to the PCT your GP needs to be 'torn a new one' as it were...

shanelle5 Fri 05-Oct-12 11:05:41

Good luck evil!! How exciting, anyone remember how many weeks along she was?
detective have you looked on Ebay for birthing pools? Mine came yesterday and we paid £59 for a kit with add ons that like many other listed the lady didnt get to use due to last minute hospital birth so I got a bargain. My results from the GT test came back normal grin SO happy to get the call from the midwife, my heart sank when I answered and hear her voice as I assumed she would only call if bad news but no, all fine so God only knows why they were sky high on the wee test but no matter. Home birth back on for now unless baby has other ideas of course wink
Am booked in for some acupuncture in 2 weeks time at 38 weeks as Im ALWAYS late and that had me go from being booked in for home birth to a yucky induction with DD no 3 so willing to try anything to avoid if poss though I am rather sceptical about these natural ways to bring on labour and a firm believer in baby will come when its ready and cooked but no harm in trying!

TheDetective Fri 05-Oct-12 11:16:06

Glad to hear it Shanelle I was worried that we hadn't heard from you!

I have looked on eBay - yep! Not found one I can afford that is close enough to pick up though! Will keep looking!

Am in work later, but first - I think an ass kicking email to the head of midwifery with the chief exec cc'd in is my next course of action. I've had my tears and whinge yesterday, today it's Miss Takes-no-shit grin I am having a homebirth, and I will not feel afraid that I am going to be abandoned at such a vulnerable time for me and the baby!

This thread is not accepting new messages.