Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby Shower gifts. .... .... ???? Help

(8 Posts)
onthewrongbus Mon 29-Oct-12 20:18:03

I think the scrapbook in question might be this

AutumnGlory Wed 17-Oct-12 08:36:31

I was asked money....it is really beyond me how people ask for people to fund their lifestyle now a days.....money for my new baby, pay for my birthday party/wedding.....if I can't afford to pay for my guests to celebrate with me I don't invite, simple as that...but maybe I'm too proud??

peardrop2 Tue 16-Oct-12 08:52:03

Have you got a link to the scrapbook on eBay? I can't find it

peardrop2 Tue 16-Oct-12 08:46:28

OMG I can't believe your we're asked to give nappies or a voucher! Toys are quite a good thing to give. I would say £10 Voucher for mothercare would be fine. I was asked to contribute £10 to one friends group present once. I normally end up spending £15 per friend as I get a bit carried away!

Joj123 Wed 10-Oct-12 21:21:40

Hi have seen these phatstak on eBay they are scrapbooks that you can store all sorts of thinkgs in, cards pictures and you can have them personalised if you get them at the buy it now price. I have one for all my children's pictures.

Mypopcornface Tue 02-Oct-12 13:49:59

She specifies the nappy size but I don't want to give nappies, I will give vouchers for both. Just not sure how much money to put in the voucher.

toobreathless Tue 02-Oct-12 13:46:59

Gift vouchers??? That is very cheeky! I'd give her one for a nights babysitting grin

Nappies, I would go for one large packet it maybe a small box. It's tricky though as some babies just don't get on with particular brands. Pick a bigger size, maybe 3s as age will not need zillions of newborn nappies, they grow so fast.

Mypopcornface Tue 02-Oct-12 13:32:01

I have beeen invited to 2 baby showers in October, both mums to be are friends with one another and will be attending each other's party. One friend is asking for a pack of nappies and the other are asking for gift vouchers. How much should the gift voucher be? Also one pack of nappies sound too cheap, should I just give them both a voucher for the same store on the same value?? How much would be reasonable?? And which store? Mothercare??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now