Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2012- once we pop we can't stop!!!

(486 Posts)

Latest list:

Babies

Babybrain - William James - 5/9/12 - 11.45pm - 5lb 11
Heymicky - Eliza Dorothy Gardner - 16/9/12 - 22.57 - 5lb 2
Pinpan - Nina - 23/9/12 - afternoon - 8lb 7
Winnie81 - Girl - 25/9/12 - 12.15am 6lb 4
MissPollysTrolleyed - Lucy - 26/09/12 - 6pm

Impatient mums to be

Rnb dc4 edd 23 sept - boy
MakeTeaNotWar dc2 edd 26 sept - Surprise
Pezzina dc2 edd 26 sept
ST82 dc1 edd 27 sept - boy
MsInterpret dc2 28sept - girl
Captainhetty dc4 edd 1 oct - girl
Newtonupontheheath dc 2 1 oct - surprise
Emiedarling dc1 edd 3oct - boy
Welliesandpyjamas dc3 edd 4 Oct
MissPollysTrolleyed dc2 edd 4 Oct
Littleplasticpeople dc3 edd 5 oct
WeeSooty dc1 edd 5th October - surprise
Gizzyboo dc4 edd 5 oct
Cakes82 dc1 edd 5 oct- suprise
Shopgal9 dc1 edd 5 oct
Bubblebell dc3 edd 6 oct - girl
FluffyJawsOfDoom dc1 6 oct - surprise
MissPenteuth edd 6 oct - girl
KPT083 dc1 edd 8 oct - surprise
DameFlatYouLent dc2 edd 9 oct
Thunderboltkid dc1 edd 10 oct - boy
Isheisnthe dc4 edd 10 oct
Thumbwitch dc2 edd 14 October - surprise
Bear1984 dc2 edd 15 oct - boy
RunningOutOfIdeas dc2 edd 15 oct - girl
Guccigirl79 dc1 edd 16 oct - boy
Elvislives2012 edd 18 oct - surprise
Kelbells dc 1 edd 18 oct - boy
ShellWeDance dc1 edd 19th Oct, surprise.
Goodsenseofdirection dc1 20 oct - surprise
Beeblebear dc1 20 oct - boy
MissRedIndie dc2 20 Oct
Pheebs24 dc1 21 Oct
Susurrant dc1 21 Oct
Doodlekitty DC1 edd 26th Oct - boy
Loopyla dc1 edd 28 Oct - surprise
TartyMcFarty dc2

Enjoy!! smile

Woooo come on pheebs <waves Pom poms>

Pheebs24 Thu 25-Oct-12 12:26:06

Honestly? Not really! Fair amount of pressure on my pelvis which is seriously aggravating the SPD, but no painful contractions or diarrhea/nausea/show/broken waters etc which is seriously aggravating DH!!!

Its so easy to be impatient when you won't actually have to go through the childbirth bit grin

We're debating the potential of a sweep, but I'm not sure the midwife will go for it at 40wks without some other indications.

Baby is moving around a lot during the day though, which is unusual, so I'm hoping it might mean he/she is either getting a bit prepared or is as uncomfortable as I am lol

I had an attempted sweep at 40+1...cervix was still closed and high but it might be worth asking her to have a look just so you know where things stand. If its favourable then you know to start bouncing on a birth ball/ long walks etc.

Don't be disheartened though, a few days after my sweep DH and I had sex in the morning (first time in months!), and by the evening I was in labour!

Thumbwitch Thu 25-Oct-12 17:09:31

PHeebs, fingers crossed it all does get going for you very soon! And I did a bit of a hmmsmirky face re. your DH - mine has similar attitude, including the "oh it was all such hard work, the labour, I'm shattered now" - like he did anything!! hmmhmm I didn't even get to squish his hands this time (although, fair play, he did offer), just whapped him in the belly with the G&A tube when I thought I could hear him shushing me while I was wailing into it. He denied it, of course but I'm sure someone was going "shh, shh, shh" and being whapped was necessary. grin

Pheebs24 Fri 26-Oct-12 06:05:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

goodsenseofdirection Fri 26-Oct-12 15:05:03

Pheebs, so sorry to hear about your DH's Nan. Its really difficult to make these decisions. But perhaps it's better to not risk the home birth you want and stay put for a few days more, especially if you feel better supported by your own family? how far is it to travel, could Dh do the round trip in a long day while someone else is on call in case you need them?

How did it go at the MW this morning? In my area they do a sweep at 40wks automatically which is helpful if you really want to get things moving... hope things happen for you soon x

goodsenseofdirection Fri 26-Oct-12 16:48:54

Ha, thumb your DH has the same attitude as mine - he fell asleep on the hospital bed with DS on his tummy - his only instructions were to look after DS while i had a shower hmm i couldnt wake him and stayed awake holding DS while he slept!! Ah well, he's getting into the swing of it now

Pheebs24 Fri 26-Oct-12 20:51:25

Thanks goodsense

I felt better after a bit more sleep blush

The MW doesn't want to do anything before Tuesday (I'll be 41+2) and then another sweep Thurs followed by induction at the weekend if the sweeps don't work sad

DH has said he won't go until the baby's here unless its absolutely urgent, and even then it'll be on his own which is a relief - so I'm now just trying to be positive and think that she could be ok for a while yet. Fx baby comes this weekend - I sooooo don't want to end up in hospital!!

Positive thoughts... positive thoughts... positive thoughts

pinpan Sun 28-Oct-12 14:15:32

How's it going Pheebs?

Pheebs24 Wed 31-Oct-12 15:51:39

Hi pinpan you must be a psychic - you posted at about the time I found out I was in established labour!!

All's well, and just heading to the post-natal thread - woop woop lol

pinpan Fri 02-Nov-12 02:23:42

Hooray! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now