Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2012- once we pop we can't stop!!!

(486 Posts)

Latest list:

Babies

Babybrain - William James - 5/9/12 - 11.45pm - 5lb 11
Heymicky - Eliza Dorothy Gardner - 16/9/12 - 22.57 - 5lb 2
Pinpan - Nina - 23/9/12 - afternoon - 8lb 7
Winnie81 - Girl - 25/9/12 - 12.15am 6lb 4
MissPollysTrolleyed - Lucy - 26/09/12 - 6pm

Impatient mums to be

Rnb dc4 edd 23 sept - boy
MakeTeaNotWar dc2 edd 26 sept - Surprise
Pezzina dc2 edd 26 sept
ST82 dc1 edd 27 sept - boy
MsInterpret dc2 28sept - girl
Captainhetty dc4 edd 1 oct - girl
Newtonupontheheath dc 2 1 oct - surprise
Emiedarling dc1 edd 3oct - boy
Welliesandpyjamas dc3 edd 4 Oct
MissPollysTrolleyed dc2 edd 4 Oct
Littleplasticpeople dc3 edd 5 oct
WeeSooty dc1 edd 5th October - surprise
Gizzyboo dc4 edd 5 oct
Cakes82 dc1 edd 5 oct- suprise
Shopgal9 dc1 edd 5 oct
Bubblebell dc3 edd 6 oct - girl
FluffyJawsOfDoom dc1 6 oct - surprise
MissPenteuth edd 6 oct - girl
KPT083 dc1 edd 8 oct - surprise
DameFlatYouLent dc2 edd 9 oct
Thunderboltkid dc1 edd 10 oct - boy
Isheisnthe dc4 edd 10 oct
Thumbwitch dc2 edd 14 October - surprise
Bear1984 dc2 edd 15 oct - boy
RunningOutOfIdeas dc2 edd 15 oct - girl
Guccigirl79 dc1 edd 16 oct - boy
Elvislives2012 edd 18 oct - surprise
Kelbells dc 1 edd 18 oct - boy
ShellWeDance dc1 edd 19th Oct, surprise.
Goodsenseofdirection dc1 20 oct - surprise
Beeblebear dc1 20 oct - boy
MissRedIndie dc2 20 Oct
Pheebs24 dc1 21 Oct
Susurrant dc1 21 Oct
Doodlekitty DC1 edd 26th Oct - boy
Loopyla dc1 edd 28 Oct - surprise
TartyMcFarty dc2

Enjoy!! smile

goodsenseofdirection Sat 29-Sep-12 18:14:09

A very apt title for the new thread the way things are going!! There must be another one on the way soon smile

Huge congrats to bubble and bear

Msinterpret Sat 29-Sep-12 19:11:37

Come on babies, pop pop pop!

I noticed the full moon too - reeeally hoping it'll have some effect here and for other impatient ladies! I had (TMI ALERT) a bout of diahorrea this afternoon blush. So hoping it might be something happening but nothing else doing...

40+1 !

Sounds v promising msinterpret! I'm 40 + 3 and feeling quite heavy down below....am I going to make it in as a Sep baby?

Had a horrible shock today when DD ran into the road and was narrowly missed by a car. My fault for not holding on to her tightly enough esp when I can't move as quickly as before. I still feel sick and shaky thinking about it sad

Msinterpret Sat 29-Sep-12 21:05:51

Oh MakeTea - I know that feeling. Not had such a close call as that but when they run out into (possible) danger...heartstopping.

Well, no further developments. Sigh. Just going to have to accept she'll come when she's ready. This happened with DD, still think og her as a Nov baby but she ddn't come til 40+3 in December. If I go over that I'll be getting really fed up!

Good luck to you too MakeTea. Someone said to me yesterday 'It's great you've gone to your due date' and I thought, yes, that's the way to think of it - we have carried our babies to Full Term, well done us!

<pats on backs all around>

(now COME.OUT.)

RunningOutOfIdeas Sat 29-Sep-12 21:07:37

Evening all. Congratulations to all with snuggly babies. Hope the full moon does its trick for those that want it to <looks at my bump and tells it not to dare doing anything>.

MakeTea hope you and your DD are ok. Hopefully she has learnt now to stop for roads.

DH and I had a tour of the maternity unit today. There were 9 other couples, all seemed to be at about 34 weeks. So I stood out as the furthest along and I was the only one with a cs booked. I also had the dubious honour of being the least prepared - I have not finished my hospital bag, I haven't been carrying my notes with me all the time and we don't have everything sorted out at home. I suppose I have been burying my head in the sand because I don't want anything to happen before Friday. But it has given me the kick I needed so I will finish my bag this evening.

Yesterday I saw something on the news about pg women being given whooping cough vaccinations. I know there have been cases of whooping cough around here. Are any of you who are up to 38 weeks going to have it?

CaptainHetty Sun 30-Sep-12 06:15:21

<sigh>

Woke up with 6 minute apart contractions. Had a lovely bout of diarrhoea and vomiting (sorry, you probably didn't need to know that bit...) and now it's all stopped again. Not much point in going back to bed now so will have to get up and put the kettle on!

I haven't heard much about the whooping cough vaccination, I'm pretty sure they're starting it this week and I'm due tomorrow so no idea if I'll be offered it or not. Will have a chat with the MW on Tuesday if I've still not had the baby by then. Which is looking likely hmm

Thumbwitch Sun 30-Sep-12 06:22:09

FX for you CapnHetty! Those sound like good signs, iyswim!

Maketea - that must have been terrifying, hope you calmed down ok and your DD has learnt not to do that again!

No whooping cough over here, thank goodness, so not something I have to worry about (yet). Feeling very heavy and dull achey around the lower pelvic regions so hoping that means baby has gone head down and is engaging...

CaptainHetty Sun 30-Sep-12 07:04:43

Hoping it means things are moving in the right direction, could do without the sickness again though! I'm shattered!

Hope baby has moved head down for you Thumb grin

LoopyLa Sun 30-Sep-12 07:12:35

Morning Ladies, how are we all?

Love love love waking up at 5am every morning, whether its the weekend or not! S'pose it's preparing me for Mummyhood but I'm not sure I need that much prep of 9 months of 4/5 hours a night shock

Just wanted to send eviction notices & happy thoughts to those who are all due to pop! C'mon babies, lets be having you!! grin

Hope everyone has relaxing Sundays & for those who have gorgeous babies ( envy btw!) hope they give you a wee break for some napping time smile

36 weeks !!! Where's the time gone??? Just 5 days left of work WAHOO!

newtonupontheheath Sun 30-Sep-12 07:18:20

I'm such a moron.

Only just realised there was a new thread.... blames pregnancy brain

How's it going Hetty ?

I had one measly contraction last night (well, I thought it was...) DH "caught" me mid way through and got all excited.... Not sure what it was but went to the toilet soon after blush and then felt better! grin Poor man... I feel like I've disappointed him and now he still has to come to ikea with me today sad grin I'm sure he only agreed to a trip because he thought I'd have had the baby by now!

Me and ds are sat watching recorded episodes of "Come Outside" which he loves smile And I'm letting him because I can't bend down to clear up any mess if he started playing with his toys!

So still no baby here..... Just in case that wasn't clear already

(Sorry for not name checking..... Am on phone... Have a biscuit everybody!)

babybrain3 Sun 30-Sep-12 07:32:15

Marking my spot... Great thread name!! Sending quick labour and easy birth vibes to those with birth imminent!! Congratulations to those who have had theirs already! gringrin I can't believe how much William has grown already!! He nearly fits into the newborn clothes now!

Msinterpret Sun 30-Sep-12 07:43:15

Ah Hetty, how disappointing to stop-start, but yes all positive. How something's happening now/v soon!

Also up Early with DD - 'I NEED some breakfasssst!'...

Msinterpret Sun 30-Sep-12 07:45:05

Oh and Newton - think I've had those wind/toilet 'contractions' and gotten excited even tho I knew I really just needed to go to the loo. grin hmm

Must investigate Come Outside - never heard of it?

newtonupontheheath Sun 30-Sep-12 09:01:54

Oh it's a good one.... We've learnt lots! Auntie Mabel had a spotty plane and her and her dog Pippin go to see how things are made smile I was going to buy the DVD for his birthday but instead I series linked them <cheapskate....>

I'm sure my stomach ache was a result of the sheer amount if crap I've eaten over the past few days. I'd said to DH I was going to eat and eat until there was no room for the baby and it had to come out grin Didn't exactly go to plan, that one hmm

RnB Sun 30-Sep-12 10:33:43

Oh MakeTea I hope you are ok - how scary sad

I'm in that latent labour phase, all stop/start and irregular but really uncomfortable. Has been going on since thursday. Got a bit upset this morning after another horrible night of little sleep, wondering when this is going to end. I feel really sore down below sad

Seeing the midwife tomorrow, not sure if she'll give me another sweep as (a) bled so much last time and (b) am booked in for induction on tues anyway.

I really would like to avoid induction if possible but not sure if I can trust my body to do this sad FFS you would think dc4 would be easy

GizzyBoo Sun 30-Sep-12 11:50:38

Just marking my spot for now. smile

pinpan Sun 30-Sep-12 17:01:34

Running, I had the w cough vaccine at about 35 weeks.

maketea, eeek, how scary. Hope you are feeling less shaky now.

Think the womble has finally fallen asleep after a 2 hour waking sesh. It's 5 am. Dare I hope she will sleep til 8? I find it so hard to tell when she is hungry or just grizzling and over tired. but she is only 8 days old, mummy will learn! confused

RunningOutOfIdeas Sun 30-Sep-12 19:13:43

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

My washing machine has broken. Water is not draining from it. DH and I tried all afternoon to fix it without success. I am going to have to find some one tomorrow and probably pay a fortune. I have all baby stuff clean but really needed to wash sheets and towels. I will have to go to the laundrette. Really pissed off because I was supposed to be having an easy, relaxed week before cs on Friday.

Msinterpret Sun 30-Sep-12 20:11:24

sadsadsad

We are ALL I'll now. DD still has cold, DH still has cold/now feels sick. I have vomited twice & been on the loo rest of time. Not eaten since breakfast. Backache all time BHs (or are they?) whenever I move. Makes rushing to bathroom trickier.

Feel like death.

At least dd asleep now, she's had a terrible day poor wee lamb with lethargic vomitty parents!

CaptainHetty Sun 30-Sep-12 21:23:08

Early night required here, feeling rather sick again and for some reason feels like someone's been poking at my cervix with a stick hmm really sore!

Hope everyone who's feeling crappy feels better soon and gets plenty of rest x

RnB I think I may be joining you in the latent labour stage...feeling rough and crampy, had a bit of a show.....DD kicked off in spectacular fashion with a gush of waters and born 4 hours later but I know what I'm feeling now can last for several days....if it does, I am having a sweep on Wed so be good to know where my cervix is at.

msinterpret sounds awful, do hope you get better soon.

WeeSooty Sun 30-Sep-12 23:34:07

Hello hello smile

On phone so can't name check. Just popping in through the haze of itching to mark my place smile

Utterly no sign of baby here. Despite both me and DH pleading with bump. Constant itch driving me crazy and turning me into crazy crying woman.

Hope everyone is ok. Lets get these babies moving!!!

Thumbwitch Mon 01-Oct-12 00:57:44

weesooty, that sounds awful with the itching! have you tried Aveeno and/or aloe vera stuff? Do they make any difference at all? I get occasional bump itch but nothing like what you're experiencing - but I don't like to scratch it much because it's quite taut now!

Had some tightenings last night. Ignored them. Wriggler is still all over the place as far as I can tell; I was hoping to try for another moxibustion treatment today but forgot it's a public holiday here [gah!] so no chance. Seeing consultant tomorrow, where I will be demanding a step-by-step account of what he is expecting to do next week to me, and then vetoing the bits I don't like (except under medical necessity of course). He's going to love me....

Sounds like that full moon really kicked some things off last night!!

Our little boy arrived at 3.11am this morning, Tadhg Ray 9 lbs 11. Too excited to sleep despite being shattered. Active labour was less than 90 minutes, born in a birthing pool in our front room. Hurt like hell but no stitches, no pain relief....I was v noisy but DD didn't stir, phew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now