Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2012- once we pop we can't stop!!!

(486 Posts)

Latest list:

Babies

Babybrain - William James - 5/9/12 - 11.45pm - 5lb 11
Heymicky - Eliza Dorothy Gardner - 16/9/12 - 22.57 - 5lb 2
Pinpan - Nina - 23/9/12 - afternoon - 8lb 7
Winnie81 - Girl - 25/9/12 - 12.15am 6lb 4
MissPollysTrolleyed - Lucy - 26/09/12 - 6pm

Impatient mums to be

Rnb dc4 edd 23 sept - boy
MakeTeaNotWar dc2 edd 26 sept - Surprise
Pezzina dc2 edd 26 sept
ST82 dc1 edd 27 sept - boy
MsInterpret dc2 28sept - girl
Captainhetty dc4 edd 1 oct - girl
Newtonupontheheath dc 2 1 oct - surprise
Emiedarling dc1 edd 3oct - boy
Welliesandpyjamas dc3 edd 4 Oct
MissPollysTrolleyed dc2 edd 4 Oct
Littleplasticpeople dc3 edd 5 oct
WeeSooty dc1 edd 5th October - surprise
Gizzyboo dc4 edd 5 oct
Cakes82 dc1 edd 5 oct- suprise
Shopgal9 dc1 edd 5 oct
Bubblebell dc3 edd 6 oct - girl
FluffyJawsOfDoom dc1 6 oct - surprise
MissPenteuth edd 6 oct - girl
KPT083 dc1 edd 8 oct - surprise
DameFlatYouLent dc2 edd 9 oct
Thunderboltkid dc1 edd 10 oct - boy
Isheisnthe dc4 edd 10 oct
Thumbwitch dc2 edd 14 October - surprise
Bear1984 dc2 edd 15 oct - boy
RunningOutOfIdeas dc2 edd 15 oct - girl
Guccigirl79 dc1 edd 16 oct - boy
Elvislives2012 edd 18 oct - surprise
Kelbells dc 1 edd 18 oct - boy
ShellWeDance dc1 edd 19th Oct, surprise.
Goodsenseofdirection dc1 20 oct - surprise
Beeblebear dc1 20 oct - boy
MissRedIndie dc2 20 Oct
Pheebs24 dc1 21 Oct
Susurrant dc1 21 Oct
Doodlekitty DC1 edd 26th Oct - boy
Loopyla dc1 edd 28 Oct - surprise
TartyMcFarty dc2

Enjoy!! smile

Marking place smile

Full moon tonight - wonder hue many babies that will bring!

CaptainHetty Sat 29-Sep-12 08:29:05

No baby here <major grump>

You all need to stop jumping the queue grin

Congratulations to all the new mummies, so lovely seeing all your fab pictures as well x

isheisnthe Sat 29-Sep-12 08:34:18

I'm pleased, at my consultants appointment on thursday they have put in my notes that the midwife can I've me sweeps from 39 weeks, instead of +41. I'm 38 + 3 today, and am working until next Friday, it's all getting a bit much with working full time and already being a mum of 3 boys (9,8 & 2)!

isheisnthe I had that too, but the MW flat out refused to do them before 40+4 (which I was happy with tbf)

pinpan you've worried me! How does one recognise the signs of overtiredness, pray tell? blush

isheisnthe Sat 29-Sep-12 09:27:20

Luckily the midwife said as long as the consultant put it in the notes (under shade care) that she would be happy to (last baby 9lb 1oz). I'm hoping they will anyway!

pinpan Sat 29-Sep-12 09:31:24

I'll let you know when I've figured it out! confused I think it's just what's left over when hungriness and sore tummies and wet nappies have been eliminated from the standings.

Antibiotics definitely giving her a gripey tummy and explosive bottom - I've got total mummy guilt, but as DH pointed out, if medical science hadn't invented the episiotomy, neither of us might be here today, which would be much more sad-making.

Yay for the new babies!

Hetty don't think bear got the message about jumping the queue grin...she had a baby boy this morning 100 miles away from home!

Thumbwitch Sat 29-Sep-12 11:20:33

Oh no - did bear go to the wedding? eek! Hope she's ok. <<knew she'd have the baby if she went>>

pinpan - hope she settles down soon and the effects of the antibiotics wears off soon - are you eating lots of bio-live natural yoghurt as well? For your own benefit, of course. Watch out for thrush too!

My feet are all swollen up again sad - might book another acupuncture/moxibustion for monday as that did such a good job last time!

Ok I've made peace with baby not coming early and have heeded hetty's warning. Therefore, am celebrating a lovely Saturday morning By making lemon drizzle cake and not eating any of the raw cake mixture ;)
Hope you're all having a great day and not too uncomfortable....

RnB Sat 29-Sep-12 11:57:19

Marking my place. So many babies - exciting!!

EarnestDullard Sat 29-Sep-12 11:57:43

Place-marking on shiny new thread. Congratulations to all the new mums. Is there someone I can PM about getting added to the FB group? Maybe photos of squishy newborns will set off some kind of hormonal chain reaction grin

39w today. Few BHs last night but nothing more exciting. Mind you, with DD I didn't really have any 'signs' of impending labour until the first contractions. Full moon sounds promising! Is there anything to it, or is it just another old wives tale?

Marking place! 40 + 3 today....a good friend of mine not due until next week had her baby last Wed on MY due date! Cheek. Still I got some lovely newborn snuggles yesterday ahhhhhhh

Bubblebell1 Sat 29-Sep-12 13:52:38

Just marking my place on the new thread and wishing all of you the best of luck for your impending births.

earnest not sure how to add to group personally, but I think weesooty does. Can u try messaging her on here? Sorry if I'm wrong!!

Beeblebear Sat 29-Sep-12 14:19:10

Morning all! How exciting/nerve racking for bear to have her wee one far from home... Wondering uf she took her hospital bag jyst un case...

Off to day 2 of prenatal class today. Full day 930 to 4. Eek!

CaptainHetty Sat 29-Sep-12 14:27:02

Earnest I think because it's a secret group one of us might have to add you to it, a link won't work. I don't know if anyone can do it or if it has to be one of the admin, though. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful, agree with Elvis weesooty or thunder might be the best people to ask, I think they're the admin.

I still have no baby. Just in case you hadn't noticed wink

Thumbwitch Sat 29-Sep-12 14:28:21

Hmmmm. Just found out that "induction" here involves manual rupture of membranes. I don't think so. Need to have more of a chat with my obgyn on Tuesday and "discuss" that quite strongly - I don't believe it's necessary.

Anyone got any experience of it?

CaptainHetty Sat 29-Sep-12 14:50:05

Thumb, I don't believe it's necessary to artificially rupture membranes unless it's for some sort of medical emergency like the possibility of a distressed baby having passed meconium, to be honest. I gave birth to my daughter with the waters still intact - it was very fast - and I do genuinely believe it made the birth easier (perhaps not the right word, birth isn't easy, but you know what I mean lol) on both of us.

Personally unless there were signs of distress I'd probably refuse it, but then I'm a stubborn cow at the best of times grin

Thumbwitch Sat 29-Sep-12 14:58:00

Yes, those are my feelings too, Hetty. Doc hadn't even mentioned it - I didn't think to ask what the actual induction meant, just assumed it would be the same as in the UK! Glad I have a student MW on my case - she's the one who mentioned it.
Obviously if there's a medical reason then fair enough - but just to get things started, no. Bad idea.

RnB Sat 29-Sep-12 15:33:14

Here in Brighton they break your waters before you are allowed to go on to the induction drip...

Thumbwitch Sat 29-Sep-12 15:38:02

Ah well I never needed the drip last time and I don't plan to have it this time if I can avoid it. Just the gel pessaries. And some horrible balloon thingy to open the cervix, apparently.

God I hope this baby decides to come of its own accord, having gone head down first!! I had a reasonably good induction experience last time, I'm liking the sound of this one less and less as time goes on!! <<feels the Birth Fear coming back>>

RnB Sat 29-Sep-12 16:26:08

BALLOON THINGY! I know where they can put that (and its nowhere near me!)

Earnest feel free to pm me your name and I will try to add you; my success rate in doing so this far is not good though! blush grin

ShellWeDance Sat 29-Sep-12 16:32:18

Loving the new thread name!

No signs of anything here, some vague period like pains but I guess at 37+1 it's wishful thinking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now