Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due dec 2012 - the long slow bit

(993 Posts)

Hi thought if do this and try and link before we ran out!!!

itsMYNutella Mon 15-Oct-12 13:46:14

Pidj I think if you contact the ex-colleague and say that you were wondering if the moses basket was still available they wouldn't mind...

Walnut8 I saw the Stokke thingy before and totally love it... but of course that is a bit pricey... I sent a link to DP as a joke and he said that it looked great and I told him I was kidding because of the price but he seemed to think it was fine confused - that would be for the mini bit and then we would buy the extension kit ourselves next year.

MyDaydream Mon 15-Oct-12 13:53:36

I don't think I've had hiccups yet, I was a bit disappointed he had a bit of a quiet weekend and my mum didn't get to feel him kicking. I did have a cup of tea yesterday and everyone in the room could hear it making strange noises as it made its way through my body. Everyone kept laughing at me because it was just so loud.
nutella we've gone for a cheap-ish cotbed for his room that I'll put him in for naps in the day and a second hand crib for next to our bed for the night time. I'd never ask for something extravagantly more expensive than we'd buy ourselves but if I was you I'd ask for your in laws to get the cot and get myself a Moses basket or crib for the bedroom.
pidj I'd agree with Nutella and just drop a quick message to see if the offer still stands.

23 posts left, who wants to start the next thread (and link to save all the cyberspace waddling wandering)

itsMYNutella Mon 15-Oct-12 14:03:16

Dream my first thought was to pick up the IKEA bed new instead of used... but we don't have a lot of room so wasn't going to bother with a moses basket... In total the little version (it's one of the few things that is actually cheaper here compared to the UK) would be about €100 more than the IKEA+mattress one hmm

nutella I think stokke must have had me in mind when marketing everything they have ever made as I loved the sleepi thingie too but really can't justify how much it costs so went for a normal cotbed. It's not just the basic pack and then the extension pack, it's the mattresses and the sheets are mega expensive too....they are the apple of the baby world.

We got a cheapy moses basket from mamas and papas on sale, this one - pink lemonade. My lovely mum has bought us this swing from mamas and papas too swing which I am very excited about because I can plug my ipod in and have her listening to music I choose rather than standard baby twinkles, or even some nursery rhymes.

I love that swing strawberry

We didn't have one last time but I'm thinking this time I have one set of arms and two children so it might be more useful grin

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Mon 15-Oct-12 19:02:57

Oh how lovely us that swing strawb?

I've just watched DP devour the delicious ballerina cupcake that my friend made me. envy Not convinced my blood sugar reading would've been great after buttercream icing!

Having house photos taken by estate agent tomorrow then we can do the nursery and assess what we need! Yay! I want to nest!

emilyeggs Mon 15-Oct-12 19:08:38

I'm off to the sobbing sofa, dh made me cry. I had my wc jab today, dh and I had discussed the flu jab and he felt it might be to much for the baby to get all that in one go. Well when I was with the nurse she reassured me it was safe and the best thing to do really. When I got home dh was really cross with me, said I went over our decision. I wouldn't mind so much but anything else I've asked an opinion on he's always left it to me (it would be nice to feel he had an opinion). Even when we were talking about the flu jab he never looked into it. Just went by how he feels and no real medical basis. Now I feel like a bad mother sad

PurplePidjin Mon 15-Oct-12 19:15:07

If it were too much for the baby, surely the trained and experienced medical professionals wouldn't be pushing us to have it? You revised your position based on new information, seems sensible to me.

And if you're a bad mother for having both on the same day, so am i and thousands of other mums!

Mw reckons the current wc outbreak is all down to the backlash from MMR/autism 16 years ago, when many parents refused all combined vaccines. Bad parenting?

Oh emily he probably feels a bit uninvolved as men can to start with. Obviously that's no excuse and I firmly believe you've done the right thing for your baby smile

emilyeggs Mon 15-Oct-12 19:35:38

Thanks spotty and purple, I think it might be to do it with the fact that his half sister (who is now 18) is severely autistic. He noticed she changed after having the MMR jab. He then paid for his son to have the separately but after he split with his ex he never found out what immunisation his daughter had. He says it's just not him to get excited about prams, cots, car seats ect but this is probably the only baby I'll have and as my mum has passed away I'd like to have someone to share it with. sad feeling really sorry for my self now

emilyeggs Mon 15-Oct-12 19:36:36

Forgot to say I feel like that's double standards regarding the jabs

PurplePidjin Mon 15-Oct-12 19:41:48

He's probably shitting it because of the possible genetic link, too. Dniece (7) is severely autistic and apparently (i didn't know them then, sil's dd) regressed within days of her mmr. It keeps me awake at 3 am sometimes - 8 years of working with people with SLD and i have no idea how I'd cope with parenting an SN child apart from knowing that i would, somehow, cope.

Does he blame himself for her difficulties?

emilyeggs Mon 15-Oct-12 20:05:03

No, he's not even certain it's the mmr, just put the dots together. After all it was his mums decision to have mmr jab. I don't know, it will blow over I guess. Just ate my dinner alone as he doesn't want his now

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Mon 15-Oct-12 20:12:12

new link before we run out ladies x

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Mon 15-Oct-12 20:14:49

And Emily you're really not a shit mum. I've had both of mine this week and you've done what's best for you and the baby. Flu is very dangerous for pregnant women and you did as the midwife advised. Don't let it get you down sad

PurplePidjin Mon 15-Oct-12 20:21:06

Same with dn, there were signs before but massive regression within days of the jab. No proof though (and i only really have dp's side of things)

We're all excited for you <<squidge>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now