Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Due dec 2012 - the long slow bit

(993 Posts)

Hi thought if do this and try and link before we ran out!!!

Spent a lovely day out at the park with a friend and our dcs. Teas lovely to have some sunshine and a natter, not sure what I've got myself into though as my kids are now at an age I don't have to worry about them in parks and I'm now having another one I'll have to run around after! Lol, what must I have been thinking!

Only bit to spoil the day was that my mate lives in the adjoining block of flats to an old friend of mine (we are not friends anymore, totally my fault and I accept she hates me, but it was all 3-4 years ago) and because I was helping get the kids into the flat and she (ex friend) noticed she came out and started hurling abuse. It got the adrenaline going I'll tell you. Thankfully I'd told my kids we were just dropping off so I just got back in my car and drove away. Was still shaking half way home! I know it's my fault and probably what I deserve but I'm still left thinking 'for gods sake woman grow up and get over it' she's 34 and just behaves like a pissed off teenager. Anyway I'll stop moaning about it now!

Yay for new flooring pidj. Is it lovely ?

mwahmwah Sat 29-Sep-12 17:42:12

Oh Stacey she sounds lovely! Some people should just grow up! X

ISpyPlumPie Sat 29-Sep-12 18:10:13

Scan was lovely - baby much more co-operative this time so we got a good look at the face. He/she is the spitting image of DS! Also head down now, which I'm very relieved about (although I know there's still time for further back-flips!) She estimated that LO weighs 4lb already though -eek!

Glad you sorted the car Spotty

PurplePidjin Sat 29-Sep-12 18:11:39

My mum expects me to be up and running around Easter, although i hope to have at least made it to knit+natter by then! I'll be camping a couple of weeks later at a car show - will take PidjChick to meet friends from all over, so quite important to us - but we're hoping to hire a big van, and will be surrounded by willing help, at least for tea, biscuits and cuddles grin

Terracotta tile effect lino in the kitchen and hall, beige-y brown carpet up the stairs, landing and in PidjChick's room. Deposit paid, order in and fitters provisionally booked for w/b 15/10. Hurrah for MIL and her dosh, dunno where we'd have found £1500 otherwise thanks

See by Easter I can understand pidj! You will both kind of know what you're doing by then with regard to feeding, sleeping etc.

ISpy glad you got some good pics, 4lb?! In the last month or so don't they put on half a pound a week?

Finally on laptop so looked at emily's bump pic. I'm a whale in comparison! Lovely shaped bump unlike my 'fluffy' tummy as dd calls it

HoneyMum21 Sat 29-Sep-12 18:34:50

Half a pound a week spotty? - please tell me that's not true! Our LO was estimated at 3lb 4 yesterday. He's gonna be massive... confused

HoneyMum21 Sat 29-Sep-12 18:36:36

And stacey hope you're ok- some people just don't grow up. Ever. Try not to let the evil girl get to you smile

Yeah from week 34 I think 1/2 a pound a week grin

PurplePidjin Sat 29-Sep-12 18:36:51

My birthday is mid-November, and I have a "twin" 1.5 hours older than me; according to mum and "twin's" mum that's how long it takes to really get the hang of things with a winter PFB smile

utopian99 Sat 29-Sep-12 18:57:04

Good tip off on sainsburys strawberry; have stocked up on nappies, wipes, newborn bath stuff, lansinoh, infacol, 3 sleepsuits and loads of plain black pants for after the birth... We're hoping to use reusable nappies on the whole but thought for the first week it might be good to have some disposables for when the panic and confusion set in!

utopian99 Sat 29-Sep-12 18:59:50

And stacey hope you're okay - some people just can't learn to pull themselves together and let go of a grudge.

PurplePidjin Sat 29-Sep-12 19:03:14

Utopian, i got metanium for £2 in Tesco today, and disposable liners a couple of weeks ago smile

NaomiRuth Sat 29-Sep-12 19:14:19

Just back from Sainsburys. Also got a pack of black pants a size up from normal for after the birth. Thanks for the tip. There was a really cute cardigan with a little hood with ears, but I resisted as I already have enough clothes borrowed from my friend. Being good!

I had Sharps in today for a fitted bedroom quote for our room... very nice but expensive! I really want it to make the best use of the space but not sure can justify the cost. Why is everything so expensive...

Whoever put that tick list, wow I was impressed you have done so much in one day. And a Christmas Tesco list, that's amazing!!

Argh my ankles are swollen and its not hot and I haven't been busy. Paranoid about pre-eclampsia sad

spotty give labour ward a ring. In your shoes I think you need to get checked. They may tell you to wait until mon but they are much better equipped to advise you than us!

No need to panic though, they will know what's best for you!

Un mumsnetty hugs!

Well my bp has been good and I've had no other symptoms. Got consultant on Wednesday anyway, it's a bit early for it yet isn't is? Not 28 weeks yet...

I don't know if it's too early but I think it's worth a quick phone call, they may tell you not to be ridiculous but in always a bit 'better safe than sorry' sorry I don't think I'm helping am I?

Evening all, hope we're all well.

I've been off for a few days so just found the new thread.

I've also been stocking up on bits from the supermarket, Johnson's nappy cream, infacol, nipple cream and pads.

Was wondering when do you think I should wash all my baby clothes ready for LO? I'm 31 weeks now so no rush I guess.

EggsMichelle Sat 29-Sep-12 21:15:42

I braved my fear and had my flu jab this morning, first time I had it. So far so good, no achy arm and spent the rest of the day painting (done bathroom, nursery and study). Sadly can't get into bed as its covered in the content of the nursery!

Called my GP yesterday about the whooping cough, and was told they didn't know anything about it so will have to wait until they have found out more, pissing NHS organisation for for you!

Saw my private MW (my mother) yesterday, had a listen to Shrimpy's heartbeat and she confirmed we are head down, let's hope he stays like that!

emilyeggs Sat 29-Sep-12 21:44:28

Thanks spotty just need to tell my DH that! Hope your ankles are ok

FriendofDorothy Sat 29-Sep-12 21:52:35

I get slightly irritated with all the NHS bashing. If it wasn't there life would be so much harder!

CODwidow Sat 29-Sep-12 22:18:38

Just checking in, been so busy with everything I've been reading then running! I think we now have all baby stuff organised and started proper Xmas shopping so feeling quite organised.

stacey I had the same thought today whilst all ds's were off playing and I was sat having coffee. Feels like I'm going back to the not being able to relax stage but I'm sure it'll be fine !

ISpyPlumPie Sat 29-Sep-12 22:46:28

Well, with just over 9 weeks to go at 1/2lb a week I'm looking at another 9lber - unless this one is as late as DS, in which case it'll be nearer 10 lb <faints>.

HoneyMum21 Sat 29-Sep-12 23:07:35

They don't start gaining at that rate till about 34-35 weeks, do they? So between now (30 weeks) and then they gain 1/2 lb in total...maybe...please? But realistically what rate are they gaining at at the min?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now