Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due dec 2012 - the long slow bit

(993 Posts)

Hi thought if do this and try and link before we ran out!!!

emilyeggs Sat 29-Sep-12 08:21:57

Good luck with scans and cars today grin. My "DH" was telling me last night that I looked full term!!!, he thinks I look really big sad I said my bump is normal, it's me who's just small

Oh spotty good luck with the car!

Well I'm lazing in bed as tadpole decide last night that somersaults were on the agenda and there really just isn't enough space for that! So I was awake quite a lot.

Feeling really sad today as have only been able to email DH since he went away last week, still another 2 nights before I get to hear his voice again sad

And I'm having to go through my wardrobe again today to put away clothes that just don't fit sad I def feel like I've swallowed a baby elephant!

olliebob Sat 29-Sep-12 09:29:15

Hi just marking my space

Bubbless Sat 29-Sep-12 09:52:45

hiya all, just checking in!
sorry ive been so absent, but i am kinda lurking in the background now and then!
now im back at work full time i start at 7am and finish at 4pm, then die for a while, then pick DP up from work, then do dinner, then bath, then bed.. no time for conversing with you lovley ladies!

hope everything is going okay for you all!!

HoneyMum21 Sat 29-Sep-12 09:58:41

Went for flu jab but couldn't have it as am on a new course of antibiotics for this stupid chest infection. Will have to have it next week instead.

PurplePidjin Sat 29-Sep-12 10:30:16

Morning all brew

kate2boysandabump Sat 29-Sep-12 10:38:05

In my experience, and this is only my experience, pregnancy lasts a really long time. It all seems to take forever to me, especially near the end and worse when you pass your due date. Maybe I'm just naturally impatient grin I can't wait to meet my baby... However, we're not ready for him just yet, still no wardrobe for the nursery, so boxes everywhere.

Good luck with scans and cars and anniversaries, what a busy day some of you are having.

DH and the boys are going camping, so I get the bed to myself tonight. I'm doing nothing today, I'm just going to sit in the house and knit and watch TV because I only have 11 weeks give or take a week or so either side to finish a large double sided blanket, well actually I need to start it first blush

Stacey That's rotten that your missing your DH, but not long to go now.

Bubbless How are you getting on at work? Are they being more considerate to your needs and is your pelvis holding up ok?

I'm just reposting my message about the whooping cough vaccine here, as it was on the old thread.
I have news regarding the whooping cough vaccination. DH is a pharmacist (not altogether popular on here with those with thrush!!) he's had his e-mail from his PCT. Basically it says that all pregnant women between 28 and 32 weeks pregnant from now on will be offered the jab routinely at ante-natal appointments. Those who are past 32 weeks NOW will be offered it as well and those that are passed 38 weeks will be offered it at the onset of labour. The vaccine being offered is the 4 in 1 that babies get as part of their routine immunisations.

Mummycox Sat 29-Sep-12 10:43:40

Thanks Kate... Info on vaccines really helped smile

I just bought a car! grin

Secondsop Sat 29-Sep-12 11:45:57

Ooh, exciting Spotty!

How long did any of you have to wait to hear the results of your glucose tolerance tests? The phlebotomy nurse told me it would be about a week, but I've heard of others hearing within 24 hours or so.

utopian99 Sat 29-Sep-12 11:47:28

Hurrah spotty!

PurplePidjin Sat 29-Sep-12 11:48:28

Hooray! I've just put a deposit on new carpets and lino grin

Checking in! Failing to keep up with lots on- roll on Mat leave! Hope you're ok bubbles, work has been tiring me out too. Hope you are finding some time to rest?

Great news on the car spotty and good luck for scan ispy I've booked one for 31 weeks (birthday weekend- decided that I deserve it!) hope it's not on the late side??

Need to catch up properly but on phone at the park with DD (Yey for sunshine!) hope I haven't missed too much chat smile

MyDaydream Sat 29-Sep-12 12:15:43

It seems to feel like its dragging day by day, but I do check the calendar and wonder where all the time has gone and panic it's really quite close. The closer it gets the less prepared I feel, want to go back a couple of months to when I felt a lot more confident!
stacey I'm still sorting clothes from the move and far more are going in the don't fit pile than anything else.
bubbless you sound so busy, hope you get plenty of relaxation time on the weekends.
We're finishing our move off today, then I'm going to stay with my mum because me and DP can do stony silence or arguments and its wearing me down. I'm hoping leaving for a few days/week will give everything time to blow over and we can start fixing things.

I'm aware I'm being judgey and its none of my business but I know someone who gave birth by EMCS less than two weeks ago and they've gone canopying today (in a caravan). Does that not seem crazy to you?? I'm probably jealous because I couldn't function for the first six weeks but it seems a bit odd to be doing it when you could be at home bonding properly with your baby. Baby has gone too btw. Would never post this in aibu either wink

Cor blimey no way could I do that, I tried to keep active after dd and went out for lunch and did shopping but had to go to bed after 2 weeks with severe exhaustion. I didn't even have a cs! I hope that doesn't happen to her. This time it's pj's and sofa/bed for at least 4 weeks.

FriendofDorothy Sat 29-Sep-12 13:41:59

My GTT was done by 11am and I had the result by 4pm the same day.

kate2boysandabump Sat 29-Sep-12 13:45:00

Spotty It wouldn't be for me either, it was enough having to drive 100 miles for BIL's wedding when ds1 was 5 days old and then back in the same day as we didn't want to be away from home. I'd rather have been at home in bed and I hadn't had a section.

I am worried she might regret losing those first few weeks, which are so precious, I know I wish I'd just stayed at home just the three of us doing nothing but having cuddles!

info on the vaccine I have NO medical knowledge but this is from the manufacturers of the jab they currently use. Not sure if it's the same one they will be using on pregnant ladies?

kate2boysandabump Sat 29-Sep-12 14:00:29

I wish I'd stayed at home more when ds1 was first born. DH and I went to Mothercare on the way home from the hospital shock When ds2 was born, on day 14 the 4 of us spent the day in bed. We even received our visitors there too grin

Dd was born in a heatwave so I felt the need to be out hmm my stitches came undone and the mw just told me to keep my legs closed an told me off for doing too much walking! Glad it'll be winter this time and we will all be happier snuggled up indoors!

mwahmwah Sat 29-Sep-12 15:24:07

I find the last trinester the best mainly cause the morning sickness is gone and with the last two I haven't bn humungous so still able to enjoy stuff. Ohhh and its also the trimester where mat leave starts... Yaaaa hooooo!!!

this one sounds better

I have just had my eyebrows done, bought a new jumper dress from jojo and having a pedi right now. Looking forward to a meal out with some friends tonight. Today is ace smile one of my friends seems to be thinking I might go clubbing.....ahahahahahahaha hahaha haha is all I can say to that.

Mummycox Sat 29-Sep-12 17:05:20

Todays to do list:
Buy nursery furniture, arriving Friday afternoon. Tick
Made tesco shopping list for Christmas food. Tick
Start Christmas present list. Tick
Buy Christmas cards. Tick
Organise DHs birthday and get presents. Tick.
Start packing hospital bag. Tick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now