Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due dec 2012 - the long slow bit

(993 Posts)

Hi thought if do this and try and link before we ran out!!!

Sorry for the quick new thread but I suddenly realised we were on 999 posts and I wanted to get the new one linked so er weren't all wandering round in cyberspace wondering where the sobbing sofa had got to!

Mummycox Fri 28-Sep-12 21:48:34

You're so good, thanks for the new post. grin

FriendofDorothy Fri 28-Sep-12 21:52:53

Ooo another thread. Things move fast around here!

ellliebelle Fri 28-Sep-12 22:00:44

Marking my place smile

Secondsop Fri 28-Sep-12 22:03:38

I can't work out if the pregnancy is going slowly or quickly now. Those of you who aren't first-timers, how do weeks 30 onwards go? Do they fly, or drag?

Second I find day to day that it feels like its dragging but suddenly I'll think 'god I'm nearly 29 weeks already'

I have always found the third trimester drags though, but it could just be me! smile

Flumpy2012 Fri 28-Sep-12 22:07:28

Secondsop - I wonder the exact same. It feels very slow to me but then I think in 10 weeks she'll probably be here! x

MaMaPo Fri 28-Sep-12 22:20:22

Am I the only one whose whole pregnancy has ... kind of dragged? I have been mostly symptom-free, so maybe I just haven't been 'occupied' enough!

Now that I actually look and feel pregnant, I think time is going quicker. It probably also has something to do with the fact that I haven't done anything baby-related yet (shopping, etc), so in the next 11 weeks I need to do all of that (including the research for things like cots, carseats, prams, slings, passports etc), plus have antenatal classes, plus finish up at work (so much handover to do), plus start the whole 'nesting' thing, plus.... I had better get moving!

I have a question - how amenable do you think one of the big London hotels would be to me turning up to a Christmas Eve dinner with a potentially 10-day-old newborn? The inlaws and some other family are coming for Christmas and they'd love to have a nice meal out, so we're going to book somewhere fancy... not sure whether just to ascertain that they have baby change facilities, or to ask specifically about Christmas. I'm not too fussed - hopefully baby is either going to manage it ok (sleep through some of it, be consoled with feeding etc) or not at all (in which case I won't go, or leave early if need be). Also have to consider that if I'm overdue I could still be pregnant/in labour/in hospital come Christmas!

Clarella Fri 28-Sep-12 22:36:32

Marking place..... ellie in answer to your question in last thread yes, but find it works equally as well the opposite way too ie when they do something lovely everything is suddenly lovely (or is that just me? Think the balance is more towards the crossness over all...)

ISpyPlumPie Fri 28-Sep-12 22:43:08

Just marking place.

Attempt #2 at 3D scan tomorrow - hopefully LO will let us see his/her face, and even more importantly will now be head down! Excited and nervous at the same time.

It's also our 5th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Think the scan should be a nice way to spend the afternoon. Can't decide what to do afterwards though - DM has offered to babysit so just DH and I could go for a meal, or we could go somewhere a bit earlier on with DS.

HoneyMum21 Fri 28-Sep-12 22:51:02

Thanks for your reassurance re:poo explosions stacey - after being told they happen I wasn't quite sure what level of explosiveness to expect!

Secondsop Fri 28-Sep-12 22:52:39

mamapo I've found that it's both dragged and gone slowly, somehow simultaneously. Eg I feel like I've been pregnant for about a year, and March was indeed a fair few months ago, but as flumpy says, in 10 weeks (or no more than 12) it'll he over. But then the first 12 weeks seemed to last a lifetime! Perhaps it is that it seems to be going quicker from when I began to really look pregnant.

Or maybe it's that thing like getting older, where years seem shorter as each one is a smaller proportion of your life to date. Each week of pregnancy, as it passes, is a smaller and smaller proportion of your whole pregnancy to date so perhaps that's why the weeks can seem to go quicker at this point.

HoneyMum21 Fri 28-Sep-12 22:53:22

Also good luck with the rescan ispy hope your LO behaves! Our rescan is in 2 weeks!

Stacks Fri 28-Sep-12 23:02:29

Quick post to mark my place.

ISpyPlumPie Fri 28-Sep-12 23:06:16

Hope you have more luck next time too Honey!

monsterchild Fri 28-Sep-12 23:24:08

I start getting more scans in December, I think. Due to Advanced Maternal Age.
I think I am actually not keen on so many scans! I know it's best for baby, but it just seems like a lot!

I agree that the first weeks (like 20!) until I felt something or really looked pregnant took forever! Now he's beating me up all day and night, and I'm dreading this getting worse (though I have been assured it will get worse!) Of course, he's a lively thing which can only be good, right?

Had a nice visit with the Doc, and got my flu shot/DaPT as well. Discussed birth plan, and I am planning on a long horrible labor, but secretly plan on delivering in 10 minutes....

pmgkt Fri 28-Sep-12 23:31:33

For those of you with mouldy washing machine doors, it is caused by washing at lower temp, we all used to always wash at 40 plus degrees, and using liquid. I used powder the other day and it improved in one wash.

utopian99 Fri 28-Sep-12 23:37:45

I keep thinking I've got ages still to go (2.5 months).then no time at all (11 weeks.) Also still wobbling between looking forward to meeting him and terrified at how much it'll hurt!

emilyeggs Sat 29-Sep-12 00:41:59

Saving my spot smile

Barbeasty Sat 29-Sep-12 05:46:29

It's the time after the due date that drags! Especially with everyone asking if you'be given birth yet. Because you wouldn't bother telling your parents you'd had tha baby would you?!

NCT class was good, but I haven't slept well and have a whole day to get through. I might have to break the caffeine rules! No role play yet, but DH feels vindicated as I have to.take a pillow today for kneeling on the floor.

Bellaboo123 Sat 29-Sep-12 06:48:25

Just checking in!

I found it went quick in the last trimester last time. But I have lots of scans and appointments so I think that makes a difference. Hopefully going to buy the car today I love it so hope it's ok! Eek at spending thousands of pounds on a bit of tin confused

knottyhair Sat 29-Sep-12 07:10:27

Ispy, good luck with the rescan today. Spotty, enjoy your shiny new car!
Got some nice new maternity jeans delivered from Jojomamanbebe (why does that name still make me laugh when I say it?) - the ones I bought when I first got a bump are now very uncomfortable (they were under the bump, new ones are over the bump, much more comfy!). Slightly disconcerted this week when 2 other mums to be I know gave birth early, one 7 weeks early (eek!) and the other 2 weeks early. So it does happen then grin.

So dd is measuring on 95th percentile, amniotic fluid just under 95th percentile and bump on the 50th percentile, how is that possible??

Hello new thread!!

I went out for dinner with dh last night and then to the cinema which isn't so comfortable anymore!! Before the film were horror trailers too so I had to stick my fingers in my ears and go lalalalala otherwise I would have nightmares for weeks. I had dreams about giving birth instead and although last time it was great I'm so scared its going to be worse and i'm not ready for it at all.

Sainsburys has 25% off baby clothes and lots of cheap toiletries and nappies at the moment, I stocked up on some nice wipes, nappies, infacol, baby bath, bath stuff for me after labour. Excellent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now