Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

graduates of the wine-and-shagging-af ter-mc thread come hither!

(1000 Posts)
wilderumpus Fri 28-Sep-12 19:25:49

Seeing as practically all of us have now got pg, here is a new home for all of us to come to carry on chatting after getting the BFP after our mcs. Today we are pregnant! smile

icequeenkate Wed 29-May-13 17:42:26
WildeRumpus Sun 26-May-13 22:19:19

Yay boo what fab news! And yay for getting bf going so well and being home soon. Can't wait to see a pic smile

I have been discharged from mw care now. Am reet sad I love my mw. Apparently I am noy allowed to stalk her or call her mum. Ho hum.

I have my ankles back everyone smile I am so used to bloated fat feet and cankles that they now look rather wizened and bony. Hehe.

Happy bank hols, hope it doesn't rain too much where you are tomorrow... We are meant to have loads boooo.

booboomonster Sun 26-May-13 21:54:13

PS what's a hangover?!

booboomonster Sun 26-May-13 21:53:22

He is gorgeous!

Still in hospital here, though only because we are in 'the system'. All is good and little E is with me. The fluid turned out to be a simple cyst, not worrying, and she's passed the other tests with flying colours. Despite all the interference, she's now breastfeeding well and we are getting lots of cuddles. We just need to get home now..... I am planning on co sleeping too, wild, found I got the most sleep that way.

Glad everyone else doing well. I am on phone so can't review messages very well but I am gagging for a celebratory glass of bubbly! And a steak - hospital food is yuk, honestly how do they manage to make melt in the mouth broccoli?! I ask you.

Love to you all will write properly when I'm home....

WildeRumpus Sat 25-May-13 10:22:01

Hehe thanks ice. He is such a little piskie smile

Hope you had a fabulous night!

icequeenkate Sat 25-May-13 09:57:11

Oh Wilde - that FB photo of DS2!! He is delicious!

<creeps back in to cave to nurse hangover...>

WildeRumpus Fri 24-May-13 14:37:29

Sheldon sorry to hear about DD. it is sooooo hard to see them upset when they are colicky/refluxy/having a fussy moment. Let's hope it is just a growth spurt or something that she gets through quickly thanks

Am on my laptop so I can send you some thanks and brew and wine boo! Am so happy for you that you have popped, that your labour sounds like it was great and just hope DD is completely well and you can all scoot off home soon. Are you being looked after well? I had to go into NN with DS when he had a hernia op at 10 days old (on xmas day!) and was stunned at how caring and kind and wonderful the nurses and NHS was - I didn't even know you could get rooms on the ward and they brought us food and were so kind.

ice have LOTS of fun tonight! I might have a glass of wine tonight... altho DS is being a wee bit off today... bit more upset than usual and not keen to be put down and feeding a LOT. Growth spurt maybe just hope it isn't the dreaded pox

Ah Sheldon DS2 is beautiful. I am enjoying him soooo much more than I did DS1 at this stage, I think because I am so much less worried about getting it 'wrong' or trying to diagnose him all the time. I have also kicked DH out into the spare room for the moment so at least one of us is alert and bushytailed of a morn and I can then concentrate on feeding DS2 happily in bed. Am BFing lying down and cosleeping at the mo and finding this a far better tactic than sitting up for hours trying not to nod off on him while glaring at snoring DH next to me grin. I had forgotten about random fussiness tho and am putting it down to the amount of chocolate I scoffed at a stupid hour last night... (oops).

snow hope you are well and have taken some time to chill out a bit and look after yourself. Can't wait until you pop but like ice says, not yet!

<waves to chandelier, will you tell us how you are doing at the moment? Are you having tests now?>

it is Friday hurray!

icequeenkate Fri 24-May-13 10:50:29

Cross posts, Sheldon. Sorry to hear DD is uncomfortable - what did you gave to eat yesterday? Strawberries have set all of mine off...which is a shame as they are supposed to be having a splendid, vintage crop this year. With DS1 I kept a basic food diary so I could spot any 'theme' with his discomfort?

Hope she feels better soon, meanwhile brew and biscuit for you.

icequeenkate Fri 24-May-13 10:46:16

Great timing Boo - going out tonight so will be able to toast Electra! wine

Yay for another arrival - is exciting! (Can you tell by all the exclamation marks?!!)

Have a good day all. grin

Snow - you're the next...<hastily adds, not yet please!>

Sheldonella Fri 24-May-13 10:43:23

Congratulations boo and welcome baby Electra! thanks thanks smile

Fab name and glad your induction went so well. Wow to not tearing too, that is amazing! Good luck with the feeding.

wilde How are you getting on with your fab new DS?

I have a very screamy refluxy baby here this morning. The routine so far today has been feed, puke, scream, change, repeat. I really hope she grows out of this soon sad

WildeRumpus Fri 24-May-13 10:30:37

Congratulations boo! Well done you! And think her name is fab smile

Hope all is well and you get feeding sussed soon... Glad you sleeping tho. Do you know how long she might be in for?

Thinking of you and so excited that Electra is here now smile

icequeenkate Fri 24-May-13 09:37:39

thanksthanksthanks Congratulations! And welcome Electra! winewine

Am glad the birth was straightforward Boo, but sorry for the current complications. Let us know how she is doing? Have your other DDs seen her yet? How is DH coping? Oh gosh, am thinking of you all and keeping my fingers tightly crossed that everything is ok with babyboo.

booboomonster Fri 24-May-13 08:39:21

Hello!!
Omg. I have had whirlwind few days. Good news is that baby Electra was born yesterday at 3pm weighing 10 lbs 12! She is gorgeous and labour, despite induction, was pretty amazing. In the end went from 7cm to baby born in about 17 minutes!

On Tuesday when I went in for scan and DAU they had concerns about a patch of fluid showing up on her abdomen during scan so advised induction asap - they didn't (and still don't) know how serious / what this is.

Anyway, scan showed baby's estimated weight being 11lbs 11! Cue massive scare stories and suggestions then advice to go for c section creeping in again with shoulder dystocia warned about.

After 24 hours of worry about the scan & then whether to just go for a c section as advised, we decided to push for vb, and it turned out that original consultant had signed this off anyway. We were bought some more time by our fantastic home birth midwives, who were fab.

Induction was fine & pushing stage super quick and almost easy. No tear! But, because of fluid thing, baby had to go straight to neo natal and no feeding at first. So that was tough, tho she looks healthy!

So now I am in post natal, she's in neo natal, but I have been allowed to feed her which was slow but she did take a bit. It's all been a bit of an emotional roller coaster but she is beautiful and (small consolation) with her in nn, i did get to sleep last night! I am having horrible afterpains (new to me) though!

Hope everyone is well - I'm off to attempt another feed. Will read thread through properly later! X

WildeRumpus Thu 23-May-13 12:52:39

Hope you are feeling better snow?

WildeRumpus Thu 23-May-13 12:52:01

Enjoy your shopping and cake time ice smile

WildeRumpus Thu 23-May-13 12:51:30

Ah wine! Sweet sweet wine!

Grandma is taking ds1 tomorrow! Ah wheee I have a reprieve! Altho in a warped way I was starting to look forward to the challenge of getting us all to the park for ds1 to run off his post pox hyper moodiness... It can wait smile

Ds2 sleeps a lot! Only woke.once last.night squee!

icequeenkate Thu 23-May-13 10:10:15

Just sent DH off on a nursery school trip with DS3 to Fingrinhoe Wick. Pond dipping and such like! Tee hee - is going to pour with rain....smile

Meanwhile, DS4 and I are going shopping and will be sure to have a nice coffee and cake when in town in the warm, dry coffee shop grin

Off to a school ball tomorrow night - may indulge in a little wine and wet the baby's head, Boo? wink

icequeenkate Thu 23-May-13 10:04:38

Time is just disappearing so fast! -- but not I suspect for Boo--

Glad DS1 is over the pox. How to deal with 2ds? Easy! S'wot CBeebies was invented for! You will be fine, Wilde. You may never manage to get dressed or shower again, but will survive...grin

WildeRumpus Thu 23-May-13 09:57:43

I can't believe I went into labour a week ago tonight! Where oh where has the time
Gone?!

And I definitely came on to say that and wave to you all rather than quiz the state of boos womb smile

Ds has got over the pox and is now an insanely hyper 3 year old... And I am looking after them both by myself all day tomorrow! Oh crackers! Any tips wise ladies?!

icequeenkate Wed 22-May-13 13:24:42

Cooeeeee! Anyone seen babyboo? grin

<waves at everyone>

WildeRumpus Tue 21-May-13 16:43:11

Great to hear from you snow!

Take it easy please smile

Only 10 weeks to go! Wowsers time flies.

Arf I was a water retaining hippo at the end of this pg and already my face looks better. Am carrying lots of extra weight but am.soooooo excited about going out swimming and running again i know it will go eventually smile

Hope your ds is ok with the pox. Is very hard to see them so itchy and upset sad

Hi everyone!

wilde - chicken pox!! Oh no!! What a bad time for it to hit you...what with all the leakage etc... I really do feel for you! I am a bit worried DS might possibly have the pox too - the kids at his childminders had it about 6 weeks ago and he avoided it then, and last year I really thought he had it but it turned out to be foot and mouth. But today he woke up with just two small purplish spots on his face. He has no temp and he's eating fine, but it looks v like what the other kids had to begin with. So just keeping an eye on him. A bit of a nightmare at 29 weeks pg tho - I had chicken pox when I was younger so I should have immunity but still a bit of a concern. Going for my whooping cough vaccine tomorrow though so I can have a chat with the nurse then...

ice - I was a slender size 10 pre-DS and I was a water retaining monster by the end of that pregnancy lol I only got back to pre-baby size when he was around 18 months and then got pg a few months later, had mc, felt miserable, got pg again and it will be a long time before I am a size 10 again! Oh well... tummy tuck anyone?? And i've only had one so far! Can't imagine how you're feeling with 4!

boo - Hope all is ok with you - sorry there's no sign of baby boo yet sad I didn't have BH or anything with DS but last couple of days i've been having some v sharp twinges down there. Only 29 weeks tho so bit early to be wanting anything to happen quite yet but the evil vomiting returned last night (giving me attractive tiny broken purple blood vessels all round my eyes lol) because i think i was pushing it a bit hard workwise this week and looking after DS and it all caught up with me. Don't want any more of that, thanks - rather have a gorgeous new baby, like all you lucky ladies are currently having or imminently about to have. 10 weeks to go for me... aghhh!!

Sorry - mega long post but I haven't been on MN properly in ages!! xx

WildeRumpus Tue 21-May-13 13:37:12

Aw ice (sends tea and biccies as phone won't do emoticons) (and chicken pox flapjack ds made that is actually delicious... No?! More for me then smile)

We are veer lucky ice indeed! I am so in love with my boys! Ds2 is feeding so well now and only wakes in the night for a feed then straight back to sleep which was unheard of with ds1. I know it won't last tho! He seems so.content, is very satisfying.

Am.roasting a chicken atm with no real.plans but to eat as much of it as I can asap. Really went off chicken when pg but am.craving it now which is weird. Am enjoying cups of tea again too!

Glad you had fun showing dd off sheldon!
ice you ate quite right about this being a good time to deal with the pox. Dh is off work and dealing with it completely and is more tired than me as ds1 did not sleep at all (sad) while me and the newborn slept and slept! And I do love having to turn people away atm. Next week is for visiting. This week is for nesting and coping privately with all my post labour leakages! Hehe.

Seeing mw for discharge meeting tomorrow. She is my surrogate mum tho. I don't want to be discharged at all!

(Studiously avoids quizzing boo about the state of her womb smile smile )

icequeenkate Tue 21-May-13 10:39:54

Having a moment. Am SO lucky to have 4 beautiful, healthy boys.

Morning. Thinking about you Boo!

<leaves biscuit and brew>

icequeenkate Mon 20-May-13 20:26:01

Oh Boo! It will happen, of that you can be sure. And your bundle will be SO worth it! grin

Oh Wilde! Chickenpox?! Bless DS1. Had the same here with DS1 and DS2. In a way it's good as you're at home and DH too, fewer visitors, DS1 gets attention too as well as babe. It's never a good time, but this is as good as any?! IYSWIM?! Lovely newborn cuddles. Yum.

Sheldon - so glad you had a lovely weekend. Is great fun showing off new babies.

Had a personal training session today. Can't do up my bra or sit on the loo! blush Hope it's not like this for the next 12 weeks!! I WILL get back to my pre-baby size...biscuit anyone? grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.