Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

graduates of the wine-and-shagging-after-mc thread come hither!

(1000 Posts)
wilderumpus Fri 28-Sep-12 19:25:49

Seeing as practically all of us have now got pg, here is a new home for all of us to come to carry on chatting after getting the BFP after our mcs. Today we are pregnant! smile

WildeRumpus Fri 19-Apr-13 19:37:37

Yay go baby boo!

Am sure my bump has dropped a bit and keep feeling pressure.. starting to get period pains too which is quite exciting! However, not convinced is not just positive thinking!

Will get you and snow onto group tomoz smile

So pleased for you!

WildeRumpus Sat 20-Apr-13 12:33:09

hello ladies!

Ohhhhhh it is a beautiful, beautiful baking hot day! And what am I doing while my family are at some lovely gardens having a picnic?! I am working! Oh my days.

I have to work tho because am starting to worry that I might go into labour sooner than later... Over the last couple of nights I have had some serious period pain episodes and backache that has needed paracetemol and hot water bottles and a bit of pacing to calm down... and today my bump is obviously lower and all spongy at the the top! And I feel like a have a bowling ball between my legs... so am guessing that the baby has dropped and even might be engaging? Am not sure tho, I could be misinterpreting things or jumping the gun - everything could change couldn't it. But this happened in the run up to labour with DS and I am 36+4 now... is enough to make me worry and so I need to get work finished, sun or no! does the baby drop if you are breech?! maybe it is a foot I am feeling confused

Had a huge meltdown this morning ladies. I think my trip to see my supervisor yesterday and the fact that am days away from maternity leave (at last), baby possibly engaging and the pains, and moving house and DS has really reached fever pitch of attention-seeking/3 yr old boy behaviour AND the fact I might have a baby very soon (er... WILL have a baby!) sort of overwhelmed me and I cried for hours! Am so terrified of how I will cope with a new baby! Any words of advice and calm so gratefully received. We don't have a car seat or mattress for the baby yet and this sort of triggered the meltdown blush poor DH.

anyway. Is all part and parcel of pregnancy I guess.

twenty I hope you come and join us on the fb soon chuck, it won't feel right without you.

WildeRumpus Sat 20-Apr-13 12:33:46

sorry EPIC me, me, me post! hope everyone is well and having a lovely weekend and sorry for the HUGE moan! grin thanks

icequeenkate Sat 20-Apr-13 14:08:47

Wilde. grin You will be just fine! grin

Having your first child is the biggest shock ever - after that they just fit in. brewbiscuit

Very exciting symptoms. Will be watching and waiting with baited breath for news. I had aches and pains at 36 too but nothing happened - I recall telling a friend and being gutted that it all stopped. Would be a bit better if the baby stayed put for another week I guess, for all sorts of reasons! Car seat - go get one! Or have it delivered via Kiddicare who seem very quick. My other fav is John Lewis who deliver to my Waitrose the next day and they have lovely pink account cards which is mega convenient lethal grin.

Am loving FB. It is lovely to have somewhere to put photos - as DS4 is no.4, my FB friends are a bit fed up of baby photos! wink Bump pictures please - don't worry, won't post the ones if my boobs - will save them for the plastic surgeon blush

Enjoy the sunshine!!

WildeRumpus Sat 20-Apr-13 15:04:45

boob pics! hehe! yes, yes lots of baby pics please!

Thanks ice. I have seen my friends with their 2/3 year olds and new babies and they just look utterly done in and really have little positive to say. Thanks for saying it will be ok grin I remember how shocked I was with DS and how little he slept, and how much he fed and I feel sad for how I will be grumpy and tired and unable to play with DS properly. I am just on a bit of a low today - hormones I expect. Everything is making me cry blush

kiddicare is a good idea! we have a complicated lending arrangement with my SIL which was easy until they moved far away with our baby car seat and now MIL is planning to buy car seats that are too big for DS/DS' cousin (which is kind but unnecessary) and bla bla bla. So, the in laws are all in control it seems while I sit with bladdy pre-labour pains, at 36 weeks thinking they won't let me in hospital to give birth without my bloody car seat. so I shout at DH 'GET ME A CAR SEAT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW' like a crazy pregnant lady. at least we have a cot mattress and moses basket mattress ordered anyway (angry preggo lady result)

NOOOO I don't think I will give birth any time soon but do think I am gearing up because this happened with DS. gearing up is fine smile I will be happy to give birth any time after Tuesday. Want to cook him for as long as possible really and have a teeny bit of maternity leave time with DS...

booboomonster Sun 21-Apr-13 17:47:22

ooh wild do you think it could be labour? Didn't you go early with your DS? I was thinking you might be due to kick off soon. Sorry you are getting stressed. But as ice says, these things are easy to sort out. It's hard to get things into perspective when big changes are afoot... I was feeling a bit stressed out at the thought of having another baby today hmm bit late for that methinks. Anyway, I really hope you make it to next week and your maternity leave! And I've done the fb thing.

As for me, I had a lovely afternoon catching up with 2 school friends, one of whom is also pg with her first. It was cool to chat though rather have freaked myself out over impending changes...! Am about to have a premature birthday tea with DH and the DDs as DH is away next week on a course when it's my actual b-day.

Saw lots of people having run the london marathon on my way home and it has inspired me to get fit soon!

My kicks have got rather sporadic so am a bit worried that babys turned again... but there is always something to worry about isn't there? Hope everyone's ok.

booboomonster Sun 21-Apr-13 19:50:49

omg facebook group looks cool. One question though- is it totally secret? I mean, if we paste stuff up on there will no one else of my friends see it. Sorry - am clueless!

WildeRumpus Mon 22-Apr-13 14:27:57

Totally secret boo. No friends can see, tho is hard to believe when info comes.up.on.my newsfeed!

Aw can't wait to get fit again! Me and my friend are doing the st ives biathlon next year so will focus on training for that. I cannot wait to.get back into the pool smile

Work is finished, baby has been scanned and is very head down so, as am 37. Weeks tomorrow, will pump up the birthpool tonight! Sooooooo excited and happy that I can start to let go of the stresses of the outside world ans get into the labour zone smile

boo with ds I had a few evenings in the two weeks or so before his birth of period pains etc - false labour - so.am fully aware that my body is gearing up... Baby not quite engaged yet but very.far into the.pelvis apparently (which is why I waddle so.much!)

So happy!

WildeRumpus Mon 22-Apr-13 14:28:45

Boo what are you doing.for.bday tea then?

booboomonster Mon 22-Apr-13 19:06:18

hurrah for head down! I have got really uncomfy the last day or so - the baby seems like it is doing somersaults and I've not had a good night's sleep for a couple of nights... really banking on tonight being a good night otherwise I will be a wreck. When I saw the midwife I put her off sending me for a growth scan (to see if it's big) as I thought it was a bit too inaccurate and a bit early, and I thought they might put me off a homebirth. But now I am wondering whether I should just go for a growth scan just to check - as the baby feels enormous!!

Yes I was confused about the feed stuff with facebook! It looks public, but isn't (hopefully!).

Yes I had false labour before DD1 but not DD2. I have heard that 3rd labours can involve a lot of false labour pains but although I've had braxton hicks since about 20 weeks, I've not had any proper false labour pains yet.

DH is planning to go on a job in Hungary around the start of May. We are both not sure if it's a good idea, as he'd be devastated to miss the birth. But we've never had an early one, so part of me feels I'd rather he gets some brownie points from work now than after baby arrives iykwim. But the way I am feeling at the mo baby couldn't come early enough - I am jealous of the baby pics on facebook. I want a baby, all safe and sound please!

Wild - we are pumping up birthpool at the weekend (will be 38 weeks).

Oh and DH and DDs did me an afternoon tea (tea, scones, finger sarnies) and pressies, it was very nice. Actual b-day is tomoz, still not decided what to do as I feel so tired at the mo a sleep would be good. Girls are in pre school/ school so I will have some free time.

Anyway, sorry for very ME centred post. hope all well with everyone!!

WildeRumpus Tue 23-Apr-13 07:40:23

Gosh what a dilemma about your dh going away! Do.you have people around to help you out with the dds? I have to say I wouldn't want to do that but you know your body and baby?

Oh and happy birthday! smile yes have a sleep and then have a bit more for me please! Afternoon tea sounds really lovely.

Hmm growth scans aren't that reliable are they?

Am finding it a.nightmare.finding a liner for the birthpool my friend lent me sad is a large aquaborn pool and they just aren't really used.in the UK, so might buy a bpiab this morning to.come tomorrow...

I wonder if I could.canvass opinions... Period pain started at teatime yest, by 9 was significant false labour pains (as in irregular and varying degrees of strength)but paracetamol and hot water bottle got me off to sleep after midnight. But still got period pains coming and going this.morning?! So... Wonder if.could be early labour I suppose. Am knackered and dying to get in the bath but am on hyper ds duty today! Will go.for a walk at some.point see if they chill out. Tho bubs is so.low now isn't very comfy. Actually think bath would.really help them go away. Am not ready to have the baby yet!
Oh and you remember rightly boo, ds came at 37+4... Am 37 weeks today smile

Love the fb chat!

Happy birthday again boo! X

Sheldonella Tue 23-Apr-13 10:52:30

Hello all!

DD is just having her nap so I thought I would check in while I'm having my coffee. All is going well here, in fact she has just started smiling properly which is making me melt smile The sun is shining again and everything is beautiful. Think I will take her for a nice walk later as I really want to get exercising again. I was thinking of taking up running again but I think it might be too soon. I did some digging in the garden on Sunday and really suffered for it afterwards.

Oooh, potential labour pains wilde? <gets excited> Have you managed to calm them down? Mine never got regular you know, stayed erratic throughout but it was definitely labour smile Glad to hear baby is head down. Sounds like it wont be long now! Thanks for setting up the group, it is lovely to put faces to names and to share pics.

boo Happy birthday! Hope your baby is head down and getting ready to come. So excited for you too smile

Have fabs days all!

WildeRumpus Tue 23-Apr-13 12:36:10

Yo Sheldon smile smiles yay!

Had a bath and then been so busy today sorting out house, putting away uni work (! So weird) and getting out stuff for home birth and pains generally subsided smile am so relieved! Am too scared to have a baby! Not the labour, the parenting bit. I think because ds is being pretty challenging atm and am not coping that well with him. Feel bad about having another one - hormonal and tired talk I know. Maybe post uni blues too?

Anyway must stop whining. Be well all! X

WildeRumpus Wed 24-Apr-13 08:51:10

Hope everyone is well. boo what did you get up to for your birthday in the end?

Am much better today. All pains have gone, baby is wriggly and I slept so well smile And I woke up this.morning realising work has completely finished! So I have started knitting a hat for the baby smile interesting with my tingling hand but am very excited about all my lovely free time.

Lordy but ds has woken in a foul mood. If there is trouble he is finding it! Wish me luuuuuuuuuuck!

No more me me me!

Hope everyone a ok.

icequeenkate Wed 24-Apr-13 11:58:22

I've just typed out a massive message on my mobile and pressed the wrong blinkin' button! Gone! Start again:

Happy birthday boo - sorry it's late story of my life flowers

Smiles smile Sheldon - it is a magical moment when your child recognises you and smiles for the first time. That smile seems to imprint itself in your memory. Love it. Wonderful.

wilde hurrah for packing up uni work, and unpacking the knitting needles! I shouldn't be surprised if your DS is picking up on any unease about the impending arrival? Mine certainly did, particularly DS3 who was approaching 3yrs. He was either ultra-loving or ultra-hideous. He is still pushing the boundaries now, but am putting that down to his age. Mine haven't had the terrible twos, but very tiresome threes! Hang on in there - not long to go now, and bizarrely everything seems SO much easier when you don't have the bump in front of you? A newborn hanging off your boob is much more flexible!!! grin

All good here. DS3 refused to go to bed til gone 10pm last night. As a result all 3 big boys were knackered this morning, tearful on the way to school etc.... DH has booked himself in for the snip. Am devastated. It means no more kids. I don't want any more, but... Bloody hormones. Will have a drink tonight as going out to celebrate a friend's birthday. Several probably. Am silly woman. confused I don't want any more!

WildeRumpus Thu 25-Apr-13 17:11:04

Aw ice the snip?! I can imagine if you aren't gung ho about it it is all rather final sad hope you ok and had some wonderful wonderful booze with your friends.

Ah, well we had no terrible twos with ds but three does seem to be pretty hard going so far! Is like he is hormonal, swinging from fine to horrible in an instant. You are quite right too I think he has been picking up on my grumpiness.

God almighty but I am tired of my false/early labour pains now. All day of just awful period pain. Been settling ds in at nursery and shopping and my birthpool is all set. Hurray!

booboomonster Fri 26-Apr-13 10:32:55

hello all!
I had a nice birthday thanks - it was an absolutely beautiful day here and normally given free time on such a day I would just go to the park and sunbathe! But, in current state not so much fun as I am not comfy lying down flat and also I always get horrible tan marks on my face from the sun when pregnant... so I went to the cinema instead!! I think I was the only person in there as everyone else was sensibly out in the sunshine. But enjoyed the film and felt decadent going to cinema during the day (dds in school!).

wild sounds like you are getting all ready - I take it that the phd is all done and dusted now? Hurrah! We are pumping up the pool at the weekend and attempting to locate the car seat from the cellar (and hoping it's not mouldy...) I bought a liner from this place
www.homebirthsupplies.co.uk/accessories-for-your-birthing-pool-5-c.asp
and they do sell 'universal liners' for hexagonal or oval pools - not sure if it will help you?

Ooh ice bless you with your hormones and the snip news. Like wild says, it is final, though. Is that the only option!?
So glad you say that it's easier with baby than bump.... I so, so hope so. I am finding things rather restrictive now - like rushing upstairs to get clean pants for school, picking up numerous obstacles from the floor that otherwise I would trip over, chasing after DD2 who won't do a single thing I say, only in her own time... after she's just played the harmonica/ counted to 5 in french/ put on numerous necklaces/ done something equally unnecessary (and done it herself). Aargh!

I do wonder whether DD2 is picking up on something too as she is really asserting herself at the moment (and that's putting it politely!).

I do find a good nights sleep makes everything easier. As DH was away this week I was able to stretch out and this really helps my carpal tunnel, wild if I keep my arms straight out in front of me and level with my body it is much better. But DH got back last night so I slept in the spare room last night and the bed is quite hard so my hips were killing (this is a new pain, oh joy!) so I think I will have to go back to my and DH's bed tonight.

It is a bit nervewracking the thought of his trip in May - but I just know that if he turns it down the baby won't come then, and then some other pressure will come from his work which might be at an even more inconvenient time. My mum is away at the moment but will come home earlier if DH is working, so she can come and look after kids if I go into labour. If I ended up going to hosp it would have to be ambulance I guess, and alone - but I don't really envisage that happening. [hopeful emoticon].

Are you still getting labour ish pains wild? I thought I had a contraction the other night but must have just been practice. Baby wasn't quite so manic last night as she has been recently. Has been less painful, as recent movement has been positively hyper, but not sure what to make of this now (starts worrying...).

WildeRumpus Fri 26-Apr-13 10:47:38

boo do you mean lying down on your back with your arms by your side? Carpel tunnel just nightmarish. I have kicked dh into the spade room the past three nights! Am not sleeping what with ct and labour pains. V restless.

Aw work issues sound stressful boo but understand your thinking. I am also of the belief that if you aren't ready you won't go into labour (within reason)! I wonder if this is why I am.stop/starting labour as I have been desperate not to have the baby till.the birthpool was ready and ds had had his settling in time with his new nursery (which he loves, am so so so relieved).

Your dd sounds just like ds. Reassuring.to hear actually maybe they are reacting to us. Hmm.

WildeRumpus Fri 26-Apr-13 10:48:35

Ps am very envious of your daytime cinema trip! How lovely, what did you are?

booboomonster Fri 26-Apr-13 17:44:32

Hi wild re the lying down I mean lying on your side with your arms stretched out in front of you - kind of like if you were a zombie walking around, if you know what I mean. Problem is you can only really do it in a double (or bigger) bed and with no partner next to you! I have tried resting them on my bedside table but come a cropper when I turn over (and I am worried about knocking my water, gaviscon, hand cream (still got preg ezcema) etc. over).
I am extremely restless in bed too - it's just the stage we're at I guess... I never quite understand that when we should be getting all the sleep we can before those sleepless nights arrive...!
Glad your DS loves nursery - always a relief!
And the cinema was The place between the pines, which was good actually - kind of complex (and of course, I cried) but it kept me gripped and not too uncomfy sitting in position for 144 minutes!

WildeRumpus Fri 26-Apr-13 19:00:18

Thank you for the tip boo! Well done deciphering my last post! Have not heard of that film will keep an eye out for it when on dvd...

icequeenkate Sat 27-Apr-13 05:32:50

Morning, just feeding ds4 for 3rd time tonight... [knackered emoticon]

Anyway, I have one of my funny feelings which means someone is either about to announce their pg, or a labour is imminent! So watch out Boo and Wilde!!! --2 RL friends had their babies on weds and thurs this week so stands to reason it has to be one of you two now...--wink

Boo - they do say that movement slows right down 48 hrs or so before birth as baby is conserving energy and it is that which triggers off the old hormones?

Wilde - have you got your carseat??

Hurry up DS4. Need sleep, and have run out of lives on candy crush. Have a good weekend everyone - will check in for news......

booboomonster Sat 27-Apr-13 09:46:10

Ooh ice don't say that. DH is now going away from Tuesday to Saturday, and my homebirth midwife is away until Friday (there is a replacement but I'd like my one ideally) so I'm not ready yet! Also I just can't imagine being early - there is no precedent for it in the family. wild on the other hand, was early before so maybe your feelings are to do with her! I hope she has got her carseat...
I feel for you being up in the night although I was up 3 times last night including a stint around 4 - 6am when I just couldn't sleep. Why oh why??!
Just taken DD2 to her second ballet class. She is totally and utterly into it - very cute and exciting for her! It's a bit chilly out, mind! Hope everyone has good weekends!

WildeRumpus Sat 27-Apr-13 11:12:25

Marnin'!

ice and boo I was up all night too! Couldn't stop weeing and was also awake just reading mn and.ignoring Braxton.hicks from.4-6 too! So weird we all up then. Slept from 7 till 9 ans bh have calmed so really think it all kicks off when am overtired. Hope you guys are ok today and not too zombied? ice is ds4 having his 3 month growth spurt?

Hehe boo is weird you feel like having a baby now would be early, when to me this is late smile ds was born today (at 37+4) so I have officially never been this preggo before! We are off to the zoo today to celebrate me finishing uni - was one of my motivators, to finish and take ds to the zoo. Today is also the anniversary of my mc... Did have a wee cry this morning for the one we lost but also think there is a lot to be positive about since then so... Will remember but not wallow.

Yes we have a car seat ice after a lot of nagging. Is in the car already!

Aw boo bless your dd loving her ballet class. Is so satisfying when they are so happy smile

Happy Saturdays all!

booboomonster Mon 29-Apr-13 13:04:41

hello y'all!
Just checking in to see how everyone is. Always assume no news is good news!?

I actually went for check ups over the weekend as I'd got a bit concerned about the different movements - they basically went from being like I was being punched from the inside to fairly light taps. SO, phoned the midwife who said I should just go into hosp and get checked. Because it was the weekend I had to go on both Saturday and Sunday for monitoring and today I am going for a scan. On Saturday it took ages to monitor heart beat because they kept losing it - not because it wasn't there but, ironically and typically, because she was moving around so much!
Anyway, I do feel reassured but will also hopefully get more reassurance from this afternoon's scan!

wild do you get some funny low down stabbing pains sometimes? I've just had the odd one but it rather stops me in my tracks. I can't really describe it - like a jab in my lady bits I suppose!

We've dredged up the car seat from cellar, and I've finished sorting the baby clothes - AND packed hospital bag. This is all partly because DH is away this week so if baby comes this week, it will probably be a hospital birth. I cannot see myself filling my own birth pool... but you never know. It's half pumped up and sitting on it's side in our study. The DDs are desperate to try it!! It's probably because DH is away that I was getting a bit stressed about movements, tbh, but better to be safe than sorry.

I am typing this on all fours as I want to make sure this baby does not mess about position wise for this scan! Not sure it will make any difference but just a bit worried that the low down jabs are kicks...

Anyway, better get meself off to hospital. Keep posting your news, guys! Hope everyone - babes and bumps - is doing great!

This thread is not accepting new messages.