Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

graduates of the wine-and-shagging-after-mc thread come hither!

(1000 Posts)
wilderumpus Fri 28-Sep-12 19:25:49

Seeing as practically all of us have now got pg, here is a new home for all of us to come to carry on chatting after getting the BFP after our mcs. Today we are pregnant! smile

booboomonster Mon 21-Jan-13 23:05:31

Ooh ice! Sounds imminent!! Good luck!

Great to hear from you twenty aka one!

Just posting quickly on phone b4 bed - will catch up properly tomorrow.

Hope everyone's looking after themselves in the snow. X

Sheldonella Tue 22-Jan-13 09:35:11

Go ice. Fx crossed it happens for you soon if it hasn't already smile

Bit traumatised as spent day in A&E yesterday. Fortunately nothing at all is wrong, just baby pressing on my lungs and making me breathless and weird feeling. They were testing me for pre eclampsia and pulmonary embolism which I wasn't expecting so I had lots of tests and lots of waiting.

sheldon - can't wait to get to that lovely sleepy stage!!! All those lovely pregnancy hormones, like just being a bit high all the time lol Sorry about the stretch marks, I got them too despite virtuous application of Bio oil and the like. I think they're just kind of genetic, some ladies get them and others don't. Mine were horrendous and my tummy is still covered in little silvery trails but those are a lot easier to ignore than when they were bright red!! Hope yours fade easily when baby arrives smile

one / twenty - great to hear from you. Hope everything is going well with you?

ice - sex twice at 40 weeks! You are a trooper!! Tried a really spicy curry yet? Tho hopefully if you had your show on Sun evening and BH yesterday, labour might be well underway by now??

Not much happening here. Snow! Was meant to be meeting a new childminder for DS this morning but had to cancel as although the main roads are ok, we're down in a culdesac at the bottom of a hill and people seem to all be abandoning attempts to get out and apparently the buses are v dodgy as well. Also a bit hmm with GP - he gave me on cyclazine for nausea when I saw him on 20th Dec and then wrote me a line (without actually seeing me) for 2 weeks. Had to phone this morning to get line extended and receptionist told me he'd just written on my file that they could automatically extend my line if I requested it. Ok, fine. But the fact that even with anti nausea drugs that I am needing a third week off work (not counting the weeks off over xmas holidays) didn't seem to concern him?! I just asked very politely to ask him to phone me this afternoon because I have concerns about my medication. I could literally be wasting away and he hasn't seen me since my pregnancy appointment a month ago but he's happy to keep writing me lines and filling me up with drugs that don't appear to be working all that well...Good ol NHS grin

oops sheldon missed your last post there, scary day for you yesterday, glad turned out not to be serious. That baby pressing on your lungs feeling is really tough going, I genuinely felt like an old emphysema-ridden 80 year old until DS kind of dropped down ready for delivery, sleeping was tough going. Joys of pg!!

Sheldonella Tue 22-Jan-13 09:48:00

That is a very good description of the lung pressing feeling snow smile It was the MFAU that sent me to A&E and because I mentioned tight chest they put me through all their heart testing procedures. I had 2 ECGs which was a bit scary. One doctor then decided it could be a blood clot and ordered chest xray, leg ultrasound and if nothing showed on them a VQ scan. I was pretty terrified by that point. Fortunately other doctor came in and overruled him. I didn't get anything to eat for 8 hours either and had a very painful canula in my arm. I'm really starting to fear hospitals!
That is pretty rubbish of your doctor. Any chance you can see a different one and get checked over?

I'll wait til GP phones me later and then just tell him how badly things are going. If he's rubbish I'll got to out of hours GP later on!

That does sounds like a bit of an ordeal sheldon! Hopefully that will be your worst experience of hospital and your delivery will be a lot more straightforward smile

WildeRumpus Tue 22-Jan-13 10:43:35

Aw sheldon chuck that must have been scary! So glad you ok tho.

Woot ice! Good luck smile

Hello one

snow that's not cool. I hope they sort you out properly asap.

All good here, we move a month today and am excited about that! Ds has the worst cold of his little life but did sleep last night yay and is back to nursery today so I have the morning to myself smile. Mw appt later that I am looking forward to for once as the baby is giving some boots today so know all ok! And we have reached viability! 24 weeks today I cannot believe it smile so so happy. Ordered some new mat clothes yesterday including giant pants! Mahousive pants and lovely maternity pjs.

Off for a bath now. After such a shit couple of weeks today feels heavenly!

wilde - enjoy your bath! v jealous! i too am at home in pjs but a bath would not be the usual bliss filled experience for me right now! Hope your DD feels better soon and good luck with your appointment.

GP is moving me off cyclazine and onto something called prochlorperazine so keeping fingers crossed that will give me a bit of relief. Hate taking drugs when pg but at least my GP does seem to be very old school and is firmly sticking to cautious approach, mightn't be magic cure for my sickness but safe is def better than sorry smile

WildeRumpus Tue 22-Jan-13 14:36:31

Glad you got some new drugs little. Can understand your ambivalence at taking them but your wellbeing is so important. I hope they work soon for you.

Had mw appt, am off back to hospital later or tomorrow as they not best pleased with the bleeding. Am so glad tho am tired of going there I would like to be in the system in case something is up. Listened in and as usual was just wonderful hearing bubs. True to form he was a wriggly scamp smile

Better sort out my poor lady garden for the internal exams... Oh Eck.

Sorting out one's lady garden around a bump is always good fun! Spray on Veet can be very handy when you can't see your toes any more grin Sorry about the bleeding wilde but glad they are keeping a close eye on you and that the baby is wriggling and kicking away!

booboomonster Tue 22-Jan-13 22:22:17

Hi yall!
sheldon what a pain for you! I hope you are ok - did they say all was well in the end? I recall that breathless feeling too - my two didn't drop down until labour pretty much. How many weeks are you now? Hope you are taking it easy.

Wow snow that does seem rather remiss of your GP (initially I read that as DP and I was thinking it was kinda handy although not if he's not actually looking at you confused). Anyway, glad you seem to have changed the meds, I really hope they work!

Well done on 24 wk milestone, wild! I too am 24(+4!). It's good innit? I am finding baths most pleasurable at the moment. I am feeling more achey this time around than previously. I think my body is a bit knackered. Though nothing specific so I can't really complain. How exciting about moving a month today! I think it will be great to be there before baby is born, you will be able to meet new mums etc and make friends etc. Though - I think you know people there anyway don't you?

Gosh yes - sorting ladygarden! I can't really see mine very well now, although it might be easier in the morning when bump isn't quite so prominent. I had a go with the ladyshave just to neaten things up - think that will do for now. That reminds me of this thread that was having me in stitches at the weekend - just in case any of you have not seen it, I will try and post a link:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/961337-share-my-shame

Any news ice? Wow I can't believe we might have our first graduate soon! (if that's the right analogy).

icequeenkate Wed 23-Jan-13 08:47:19

Morning! Had forgotten quite how prolonged and sore this labouring marlarky can be! Currently contractions every 5 mins or so but they're not lasting long enough to be doing much I suspect. Blooming hurt tho!! Am such a wimpblush.wink

DH complaining of, wait for it - itchy legs. Twat. Swap with him any time!

Will let you know what happens, girls. Wish me luck - and speed!!!!

WildeRumpus Wed 23-Jan-13 09:00:25

Go ice! So excited for you smile not long now for you hopefully, hope you not too knackered.

Hello boo 24 weeks is amazing! Every day now is another day of baby getting stronger which makes me feel much more relaxed. I can't really see over my bump any more either but am glad my figure has sorted itself out. Am def past the fat stage and look pg now smile

Off to mat assessment later to see about the bleeds hurray! Tho dh and ds are full of cold so really do.t know what to do with them. Really justifies moving as then grandma can take ds and the hosp is one mile away rather than 10 slow slow miles. I think I will be in and out with this one! Hope to get some answers but just being looked after is great. Love the NHS

Oh yes we do know peeps boo but none have babies yet so looking forward to making mama friends over baby massage!

Off fo brek and bath smilelove being a lady of leisure! good luck ice and hope meds kick in soon snow.

WildeRumpus Wed 23-Jan-13 09:00:49

Oh and great thread link!

wilde - You will do a better job than me, I am lazy about meeting mum friends lol Too used to having family and friends all nearby, but going to make more of an effort when this one is born and try and meet some new ladies too

ice - flip i know, long and sore!! Hopefully things will start speeding up soon though and you'll have your baby by this evening. Good luck smile smile

boo - ha ha good thread!! Can't wait to start enjoying baths again - house we lived in when i was pg with DS had a rubbish tiny bath and a tiny bathroom and was just not very comfy at all for a largely pregnant lady. This house much better, bathroom getting plenty of use at the min tho s far only for vomiting, but I can tell the bath will be perfect in a couple of months time...

New meds started today grin please please make me better!!

WildeRumpus Wed 23-Jan-13 15:23:46

Ah whee! Good news from hospital, am all well and bleeds are nowt to worry about. I have uterine cells.in my cervix which are responding to pregnancy hormones and bleeding but the baby and pregnancy is completely fine smile. And I can exercise! And pack to move house!

So happy. Really feel we can buy into the pregnancy now smile

Sorry for me me me!

twentythirteen Wed 23-Jan-13 16:58:10

Sorry for saying hello and then ducking out, I mostly check in via phone and this thread (and any large thread) always crashes, grrr, so I usually get fed up of trying.

ICE!!!!!! I will be glued to the thread if I may join you all for a bit?

Poor Sheldonella with the lung and scary hopsital visit, poor Snow and the never ending nauseau, poor Wild and that horrible scary bleeding again, you have all had such concerning times. Glad you are all well, if a still struggling from time to time. And yay for Boo and Wild on your 24 week marker!!!!

Now we are all on Ice watch, how appropriate with all this snow!

twentythirteen Wed 23-Jan-13 17:17:29

Boo that thread you gave the link to grin. But for the grace of god...

icequeenkate Wed 23-Jan-13 18:11:28

Well, we're home! Now a family of 6!! Douglas Percival (ds4) arrived safely at 12.23 today just in time for lunch. 9lb 4oz, 2.5 hr official labour time! Currently asleep.

Was measured as 4-5cm therefore in active labour at 10am, 8cm by 111am. Made a bit of a fuss about pushing him out, but my fab mw told me what was what - and to get on with it!wink

Hooray!grin

twentythirteen Wed 23-Jan-13 18:13:19

What a great name! Congratulations!!! thanksthanksthanksthanks!!!!!

Sheldonella Wed 23-Jan-13 19:24:14

Oooh yay! Squee!!!!!!!! Congratulations ice and family and welcome baby Douglas! smile thanks I hope you have a wonderful first night home together.

Will post properly in a bit, just about to eat (huge) dinner.

booboomonster Wed 23-Jan-13 22:13:13

Many many congratulations ice! Wow wow! Whoop! Can't believe I didn't check the thread this morning so missed the suspense. Glad it was all fairly speedy in the end? Well done you! Supermum! thanks, biscuit and wine!! Hope he's feeding well and you are enjoying the first few moments with baby Douglas! cute name! grin.

Hope you are doing well twenty - like the new inspiring name!!

Great news, wild about bleeds being ok. Huzzah! Don't overdo the packing though - get help! (Though if you are anything like me you need to do it yourself - I recall moving when pg with DD1 and towards the end I got too tired and my DH took over. Unpacking was a total bizarre mess - he'd packed things totally randomly - I remember getting out some mugs, a straw hat, some sheets... all in the same box, sigh.)

Hope everyone else well. Early night tonight for me - DD1 in bed with us from 5am and I didn't sleep after that. Excited now about ice though - and I just wept from watching OBEM.

WildeRumpus Thu 24-Jan-13 08:35:16

ice hurray hurray! Congrats lady smile sounds marvellous! And a lovely name! Well done you! Yay!

boo I hear you about the packing but am sure I won't be able to help myself. The idea of dh packing brings me out in a cold sweat of horror for the same reason you described! Once I have the radio on and boxes out and have started I am sure I will get a rhythm going... (help).

What good boys names do we know then?! I need help! smile

Hope you got some sleep boo and ooh what did you have for this tea then sheldon?! My cupboards are bare atm, chuh.

Sheldonella Thu 24-Jan-13 09:37:40

Morning all grin I have a fabulous day off today so am being as lazy as possible. Currently enjoying some fantastic wriggling after a long session of baby hiccups.

It is fabulous to have our first birth on this thread although it has made it all real that I am next! I'm so excited but I don't think I've really processed it yet. We are all set up though and I just need to finish packing my hospital bag. Then I'll have an actual baby to take care of. I definitely haven't processed this confused

It is great that you have an explanation for the bleeding now wilde. Has it been caused by that all along? At least now you can relax about it and enjoy being over 24 weeks. I can't believe you and boo have come that far now smile Great that you have found a new place to live too, what an amazing start to the year. Hmm, boys names. I found thinking of boys names quite difficult and DH and I couldn't agree on many. We had decided on Sebastian if it was a boy. Do you like traditional names or something a bit different?

snow How is the new medication working out for you?

twenty I like the new name and it is really nice to see you smile

boo I watched OBEM too. It makes me wince a bit more these days smile

Right, I have a plumber coming to sort out our boiler, must make a coffee now in case he turns the water off!

ice - woo hoo!!!! Congrats thanks thanks and also a sneaky wine! Gorgeous name smile Amazing news

wilde - Also fab news for you too, v pleased you're able to start relaxing and looking forward more to baby;s arrival...and get on with your packing!

sheldon - Ooh eep!! You're up next grin Enjoy a nice lazy morning while you can hee

boo - Forgot about OBEM, may have to catch that on 4OD. Normally not really my cup of tea but with pg hormones racing around I love anything that gives me a good weep....outlet for all the crazy lady pg emotions!!

New tablets are tentatively I think working a bit better than the cyclazine I've been taking for last few weeks. Only 24 hours since I started them but even though I do still feel pretty tired and queasy I haven't thrown up and I made it out to meet our potential new childminder this morning which was quite an achievement for me since it involved driving and snow! Back to bed for a rest now I think tho...zzzz....

This thread is not accepting new messages.