Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

graduates of the wine-and-shagging-af ter-mc thread come hither!

(1000 Posts)
wilderumpus Fri 28-Sep-12 19:25:49

Seeing as practically all of us have now got pg, here is a new home for all of us to come to carry on chatting after getting the BFP after our mcs. Today we are pregnant! smile

22+2 woo hoo!! So exciting to think about shopping for baby gros & tiny nappies...still a good way off for me tho lol smile

Sheldonella Mon 07-Jan-13 09:30:07

wilde So sorry to hear about your friend, that is so sad thanks Also sorry to hear about the bleeding worry, definitely have a chat with your midwife. After much reading up on here about past bleeding worries though it does seem that some women just do and with no explaination and no adverse effects. Are you off on your house hunt today? Have a nice time.
snow Glad you have got something for the sickness. I was lucky to never actually vomit but my nausea was awful - I was so glad it passed by about 14 weeks. I hope yours passes sooner.
boo Quilt with liberty prints sounds beautiful! I'm hoping to give something like that a go once I finish work (unless I'm too big to fit at the sewing machine grin ). Oh yes, if the GTT result was bad I would have had to switch to consultant care and be induced it seems. I'm glad I have dodged that but I guess it could still happen. Yay to the name decision. There is no going back on ours now as we have had some wooden letters delivered for her bedroom door smile
Gina Ford - I've been given a book but I've read so much about her interesting methods it is at the bottom of the pile to read smile
Not much else to report really. I felt pretty awful all weekend after having my jabs so had the laziest weekend in a very long time. Warning - the whooping cough jab makes your arm feel like you have been punched hard. I couldn't even lift it on Saturday.

icequeenkate Mon 07-Jan-13 10:16:35

<crawls in, after 3 weeks of DH and 3 ds at home, with the outlaws kindly giving us all their flu bug for Christmas>

Happy New Year, ladies!! I've just had a really quick read through of the last 2 weeks or so. It sounds as if there is lots of good news re growing babies. boo nearly at that magic 24wks, and sheldon over 30wks!!! wilde - speak to midwife - you must air your concerns even if she just bats them away. At least you will have said something, and am sure she will help to put your mind at rest. Sorry about your friend - C is miserable and filthy and I wish we could rid the world of it. Hope you have a great time house hunting. snow glad your scan was good. I took each day at a time, with plenty of scans to reassure me. Hope the sickness keeps you reassured too!! foof glad you are able to tootle along quietly - iykwim!! Long may it continue.

one - if you're lurking, Happy New Year! Here's to a successful pg in 2013. It will be your year. Hope you and DH are cracking on with dtd!!! My mw reckons little and often is often more successful! wink

AFM - 38wks today. Just seen mw. She thinks this may be my smallest baby yet, only measuring 36. He flipped on Saturday night to breech (woke me up in the process...feet belting my bladder and pushing my pelvis apart, head up in my rib cage with fingers tickling ribs - very very odd looking tummy shape!!) so spent yesterday on my hands and knees trying to turn him, which apparently I achieved as he was head down again this morning with his feet on my rhs. Phew! SPD has suddenly kicked in majorly - finding it really tricky to get out of bed at night and stand up (perhaps thanks to the little breech episode...). Have to wait for my pubic bone to click into place which is probably the most excruciating pain I've ever had (other than a head crowning....).

Christmas was full of flu. DH's family all arrived with it which was a shame as things were a bit quieter than they might have been. We've all had it in some form or other but DS3's version turned into tonsillitis, an ear infection and bronchialitis all at once, nearly resulting in his being hospitalised last Thursday. I wasn't able to put him down for nearly 10 days as his temp was so high and he was listless. Poor little sod - really scared me. He's never ill for more than 24 hrs normally. And all that after he'd had norovirus vomiting bug before Xmas. Hence my radio silence. Sorry if I worried anyone, but know you will understand my inability to focus on anything else other than sick child.

We did manage to keep up the potty training tho - will only have one child in nappies - yay!!!!

Sorry for mammoth post - it's been a long time! Lots to look forward to in 2013 for all grin. Waitrose - here I come!!!!

ice - oh you are so close to the finish line!! V jealous!! Tho with all the flu over xmas and the spd it also sounds like you need a nice break too

sheldon - ooh letters for the door, wow!! Glad you were able to take it easy after your jabs - gp has just signed me off work for a fortnight, so just slobbing out with a boxset, trying to just get plenty of rest til nausea passes

Sheldonella Wed 09-Jan-13 08:43:21

Hi everyone. Today is the first day of my new part time life and I'm loving not being at work today already smile We had our first NCT class last night and really enjoyed it. The other couples were lovely and the teacher was great. I was so relieved as I was quite nervous about going. The only thing I worry about is that I was the geeky one who kept answering all the questions blush.

ice Good to hear from you but sorry you have had poorly family. Poor DS3, that sounds really scary. I hope you have a nice germ free 2013 now smile I'm glad to hear you managed to get your baby to turn, I think I must start doing that now as mine was breech at the last appointment. Maybe I will clean the floor today! Not long for you now is it, so exciting.

snow Glad you got signed off for your sickness. Slobbing with a boxset is one of my favourite activities, enjoy it and take it easy smile

Hi everyone else, hope you are all well smile

sheldon - nct geek i love it!!

booboomonster Thu 10-Jan-13 18:52:51

Good to hear from you ice sounds like you've been busy! Glad you managed to get baby to turn - well done! Not long to go now! My sil has just had her baby at 37 weeks (was induced partly due to suspected cholestatis although she didn't actually have it). Anyway, all was well. How long have your previous pregnancies gone? Are you expecting early or late? Hope you are relieved of the SPD soon! Bad luck with the flu, poor DS3 - sounds awful. Glad he's recovered. And well done on the potty training! We don't have any in nappies at the moment so at least only the one newbie to deal with!

sheldon glad you are enjoying part time work! Are you working part time prior to going on mat leave? Make the most of it, it's a lovely time. Glad you have made buddies at NCT - I really enjoyed it myself. Yes get cleaning your floor! I also think using a bit of elbow grease helps to make baby come on time. I have almost finished my quilt! I think I will need to finish off by hand though as otherwise it will look messy, so that's going to be a tedious end... but the quilting itself was much simpler than I expected and very quick and satisfying. It looks pretty good though I say so myself (but not over yet!). I think it's definitely something to do on mat leave as it's quite a sedentary job.
Yes it's the same for me if I am diagnosed with Gest. Diabetes - hospital birth. But I am hoping I won't have it - I haven't had it before, after all. I've got my test booked for mid february now, so still booked for home birth in the interim.

Glad alls well with you snow - 22 weeks (and beyond) will come soon enough, time really does fly!

I saw the midwife today - heard heartbeat which was good as my kicks are so muffled this time with the placenta in the way. Nothing else to report really! DH working this weekend so I am bracing myself for a busy few days... I have also got a gig at the weekend (I sing backing for my brother's band) so I am a bit nervous and also a bit self conscious about standing up in public in front of people with enormous bump blush. I know I shouldn't be, but I don't look my best to say the least!

hope alls good with wild.

icequeenkate Fri 11-Jan-13 15:14:30

Hello again, feeling rather full today, but suspect that's due to the massive lunch i've just been treated to... dessert was baked cookie dough with toffee sauce and honeycomb ice-cream - yum yum!!

boo - I've been 39wks, 41 wks and 40 wks so no clue with this one. Could be anytime. I'm starting operation 'get this baby out now' with a vengeance today. Had a hot chilli con carne for lunch, curry planned for tomorrow night, am supposed to be cooking roast lunch for 14 on Sunday, sweep booked for Monday. DTD every day blush Am desperate!!

sheldon - loving the fact that you're the NCT geek! I was too! Dh was very embarrassed by me...but then I felt I had to make up for all the inappropriate comments he kept making! Have you completed your blanket yet? I'm jealous of boos quilting skills now. Wondering how tricky it is to learn?

How're you doing snow?

Hope the house hunting is going well wilde - have you found anything?

Good luck with the gig boo - sounds very glam!!!

boo - lovely that you heard heartbeat and also quite envy of your quilting skills, though my mum is an excellent knitter and crocheter so I know my blanket and teeny tiny little cardie needs will be covered! Which is just as well because I am hopeless at anything crafty apart from baking cakes lol

ice - even through my first tri haze of extreme nausea i am feeling food envy for that cookie dough-toffee-honeycomb deliciousness!!! You really are getting so near finish line, good plan to invite everyone round on Sunday, as soon as you make plans to do other stuff that's usually a good way to get labour started unexpectedly lol

wilde - yes, have you gone all Location Location Location in Cornwall yet??

I have a flipping cold on top of nausea from hell! I've barely been out of house or seen anyone apart from DH, DS and my mum all week and yet, somehow, I have come in contact with a nasty germ and now my throat is aching. Rather hating my physical degeneration at the minute but put on some cocoa butter oil after my shower last night and noticed the beginnings of a small bump. 9+6 today!

icequeenkate Mon 14-Jan-13 11:39:03

blushsomeone PLEASE slap me!! Just had a little cry that this will be my last baby. F-ing hormones all over the place. confused

Hope all ok and had good weekends?

Aww ice!!! ((hugs)) I know we don't do that on MN but hormones running wild so you need one grin

I always thought i'd want 3 DCs but all my pregnancies have been grim with the fainting, nausea, vomiting etc. so I have decided that this is my last time too, maybe even if it doesn't work out. Don't think I can go through it again!! But I know I will also feel very sad if I make it to the very end of this pg and realise this will be the last time!!! Very understandable

WildeRumpus Mon 14-Jan-13 16:45:09

Hey all! I wrote a big email earlier and lost it and not had time to retype. Boo.

On phone just want to say thanks for condolences. Have a house I think and will move next month... Sore bump now after day navigating snow and will be 24 weeks next week, can't wait.

ice if course you are weepy. You are about to pop, it is very understandable so no slaps from me. And with all the illnesses around Xmas, bah, I would be knacked and tearful just recovering from that!

Hope you bearing up ok snow. Love the letters sheldon and hope you ok boo. I have had two days of having energy and I feel amazing. Have been so exhausted for weeks it feels but kicks are stronger all the time so guess it means LO Is getting bigger smile

Will post properly soon, am lurking but time to post is scarcer while am with ds full time and have been a bit down about my friend. And cross!

Sorry again about your friend wilde, glad other things are going well to give you a bit of a lift, great to hear the kicks are getting so strong and that you have hopefully found a house smile

No change in Snow HQ - still sick and stuck in bed. Gah! Boss came out to visit yesterday, just wanted to give me some work goss (lol) and look over some paperwork with me for a bid we are putting in. Made me remember that I will have some semblance of normality to go back to when the dizzy sickiness all finishes :D

WildeRumpus Thu 17-Jan-13 08:27:31

snow are you saying you had a work meeting at your sickbed?! That is very funny! Not even Skype but a real meeting?! I would die if my boss saw me in bed smile glad it seemed to make you feel happy tho!

How you doing ice? Can't wait for news smile hope you ok.

How you doing foof? How far along are you?

Am hoping I might start blooming soon... Tiredness has lifted and hormones feel settled which would be great timing for dealing with the move and all attendant stresses. Am pretty weepy but put that down to so many endings happening at once... PhD, leaving lovely Yorkshire and friends, ds leaving his childminder who was part of our family for two years, and my friend passing. Soon it will be a time of new beginnings tho and I so look forward to that smile can't wait to get packing. Am fine but know am also not the happiest of campers and apologise for gloom! Arf and my sis is back in bladdy hospital. Jeez.

Hope everyone ok and wave madly to one if you are still lurking.

wilde - my job is a pretty funny one and it's a very relaxed place to work so yes i had a meeting with my boss in my pjs and got caught up on all the gossip i've been missing out on lol This is a big upheaval time for you at the minute, wishing you lots of luck with it all! We are also possibly changing childminder soon and it feels like a bit of a wrench to me too, so I can't imagine how that feels on top of PhD, relocation and losing a close friend all happening at once

Yes, ice, any news??

booboomonster Thu 17-Jan-13 15:06:40

Hi all sorry for being so quiet - been busy and not really had much news.

Very belated and probably unnecessary slap for ice. Hope all well with you.

Sorry you are down, wild, like snow says you have lots of reason to be - lots going on. But sounds like you are also looking to the future, so well done for that.

Sorry you are feeling ill snow, I guess you just have to ride it out. Yes I wouldn't be best pleased if my boss came to my sick bed but it would never happen! I guess it's pretty convenient if you don't mind! Presumably you have told her you are preggers? Is it a female boss?!

I am feeling a bit mis today. DD1 came home from school yesterday saying that her two best friends are going off together (she's only 5!) and I just felt so gut wrenchingly sad for her. I hope it's a temporary thing. Because I was feeling so grim I haven't done the whole playdates thing at all since she started reception so am kind of blaming myself for leaving it all too late. Anyway, I will arrange some now I think. Though I feel like picking up my little cubs by the scruff of the neck and dragging them into my cave, not to come out til Spring. Pregnancy hormones! (I hope!)

Also had a guy coming to fix some electrical problems today - all stuff my Dad used to do, so feeling miserable about that too.

On the bright side, baby kicking away so that is good, and I got a long pillow thing which is helping sleeping etc. though didn't stop me waking at 4am and not getting back to sleep again My gig went well also, and everyone was extra nice to me being a large pregnant lady - amazing what a difference it made!! Sorry for being so miserable - maybe it's the time of year too, I hate January!

Hope everyone else is well, or at least, as well as can be expected!

WildeRumpus Thu 17-Jan-13 16:56:38

Aw boo you fine for being a bit mis. My son's friend was throwing balls at his crying face at soft play earlier and I nearly burst into tears on the spot when I saw him.being treated like that. Said friend wasn't at all bothered tho they are only three... Still can't imagine ds doing that tho... so know some of how you feel. FWIW when I was five we had a best friend trio and each break two would go off together... We were frenemies! I hope your dd is ok. I dread ds going to school! Glad your gig was a ok, was it a good crowd?

Fishfingers and chips for tea tonight hurray! Is meant to snow lots tonight here... Eek.

boo and wilde - aww, that really sucks sad DS is only 2 but already you're right, wilde you can see some kids are just going to grow into little monsters, one kid slapped him in the park once shock But I guess it's all just part of being a kid and if you're lucky being on the receiving end of mean girls teaches you not to treat other people like that and ultimately your DD will emerge better off boo. doesn't stop you wanting to trail those girls around by the hair though

Yes, btw, my boss is a woman and she knows I'm pg!

Feeling in the pits at the min - a friend who is about to move to Oz was going to come round to say goodbye tonight but I am in such a bad way I had to cancel on her. Haven't managed to shower or wash hair in two days, been in pyjamas forever. Miserable and fed up. Got fx that acupuncturist helps tomorrow

booboomonster Fri 18-Jan-13 08:03:32

Just quickly posting on phone before morning rush starts.

Yes wild it's just awful seeing your child sad and vulnerable isn't it. You just want to take the pain for them. But I guess these are life lessons they are learning. I think the problem with My DD is that they are a 3 some and that doesn't always work out. I have told her she must never leave anyone out, as she now knows it feels so horrid.

Poor snow! You will feel so much better when you emerge (maybe by early spring?!) from all this with freshly washed hair/ body, clean clothes, being able to function again and with a lovely bump! I really hope you get some relief from acupuncture!

WildeRumpus Fri 18-Jan-13 16:16:01

Oh snow! Bet you do feel glum. It will pass tho. Really it will. Keep posting here we understand smile

My friend on fb posted pics of fetuses that had been pickled in a science show she went to. Why why why would you do that sad some people are so naive. I was so angry at her stupidity but know, with two easy healthy pregnancies behind her she knows not what she does. Bah.

Hope your dd is ok boo. Three is definitely a tricky friendship number.

Am snowed in due to spd so am in jammies today smile.

wilde - hope jammies and a bit of rest have helped with spd! shock at someone posting that on fb, i know its harder to empathise if you've never had mc but even so! Still feeling rubbish but not quite as down in the dumps...TRYING to just be patient and appreciate small but growing bump smile

boo - how are things with your DD? Yes i cant wait to emerge from my cocoon like The Very Hungry Pukey Caterpillar! grin

WildeRumpus Sun 20-Jan-13 09:54:11

Very pukey caterpillar smile

Ug ds is all poorly. Darned nursery germs! Had a good cry on dh last night about everything getting me down and feel much better for it today.

Hope everyone ok.

twentythirteen Sun 20-Jan-13 14:44:40

Lurking to see if there's an update from Ice (it's One here, in disguise).

biscuit's and brew's to all of you!

Sheldonella Sun 20-Jan-13 14:58:59

Hi all! Sorry for the silence again, I seem to have entered a very lazy and sleepy stage and I'm not getting around to very much at all. This means I have rediscovered my love of a good lie in though so all is well smile

33 weeks now and am the proud owner of some bright red and sore stretchmarks shock Symptoms are getting less dignified all the time and I just cannot get comfortable. I just had some great fun blasting music at my belly which caused some funny kicks and wriggles smile

Has everyone got snow? It is getting heavier and heavier here today and I'm secretly hoping I'll just have to work from home tomorrow.

snow Sorry you are still feeling rubbish! It must be wearing off soon surely, hang in there.

wilde Welcome back smile Yay for potential new house how exciting but sorry you have been feeling down. So many changes going on so totally understandable. 24 weeks, wow that has come around quickly! Grr to facebook insensitivity, some people just don't think do they.

boo Your poor DD, I hope it sorts itself out quickly. I forget how difficult school can be with little friendships. I was bullied quite a bit in school so worry about how it will cope if it happens to mine. The schools around here seem nicer than the one I went to at least. Gig sounds fab smile

twenty/one Hello smile Good to see you back. How have you been? Hope you had a nice xmas.

Someone please stop me eating chocolate! I can normally take it or leave it but I am out of control today. My poor teeth!

icequeenkate Mon 21-Jan-13 18:20:43

smileone - how lovely to see you!!! Hope you are well? Am keeping everything crossed that we hear some good news from your direction soon.

40wks tomorrow. Shhhh, don't tell, but had a show yesterday evening, lots of back ache and really strong BH, but nothing else occurring today! SO frustrating. Have been for 2 long walks, a swim, had sex twice, eaten an entire pineapple, and drunk 4 cups of raspberry leaf tea. Thats just today! Am desperate, me!! grin

On phone so can't scroll back, but yay for reaching viability - somehow such a milestone. And loving the musical education of baby sheldon starting so young... Gangnam Styleee?

biscuit and brew to all.

This thread is not accepting new messages.