Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

graduates of the wine-and-shagging-af ter-mc thread come hither!

(1000 Posts)
wilderumpus Fri 28-Sep-12 19:25:49

Seeing as practically all of us have now got pg, here is a new home for all of us to come to carry on chatting after getting the BFP after our mcs. Today we are pregnant! smile

wilderumpus Sat 08-Dec-12 18:27:38

just popping in to say that I am glad all is ok with you one. thanks get signed off till xmas, you won't look back in a year or ten and regret it will you? Just do it - relax, heal brew

<waves to all> back soon when my head is not up my ass x

one - take all the time off you need. I really rushed back to work in the summer cos i felt bad that i'd already had a couple of weeks off with hg and i ffelt like i'd just be bored and fed up at home. My colleagues are all lovely and im lucky cos i love my job but in retrospect i do think it was too soon so if you are feeling reluctant take your time

I was feeling anxious all fay y'day for no particular reason, just really stressed out about being pg and the uncertainty of it all and the fact that the uncertainty wont go away until i'm holding the baby...and then a whole new type of worry begins. Had a big birthday party to go to for a girl i work with last night and im really glad i went out, took my mind off it a bit. Any tips for making it thru first tri without having a bteakdown??

booboomonster Sun 09-Dec-12 13:20:43

one glad your scan went ok. Definitely take time off - I wish I'd taken more back in March, it seems a big deal at the time (the taking off work bit) but actually I think it makes little difference to work in the long run. But makes a big difference to you!

Hmm am craving tzaziki at the mo. And guacamole. weird. but yum.

snow it is nervy being pg! Worry is always at the back of my mind - but I am trying to keep it there grin.

Hope everyone else is well. I am having a nice weekend - sorting out xmas decorations and going for dinner with my mum tonight, then xmas shopping tomorrow (energy permitting!).

wilderumpus Sun 09-Dec-12 19:27:40

boo that sounds like a lovely weekend. Have you got a tree yet?

We do our decs that day after DS' b'day as it is on the 15th and it seems wrong to get too christmassy before his birthday! Doesn't mean I haven't got them out and sorted them and picked our tree though! Hehe. He will be 3 on saturday, I cannae believe it.

erm little erm... well... just keep your head down and plod on?! <helpful> Will you get an early scan? How are you feeling, tell us allll your symptoms! YAY! I still think I am symptom spotting sometimes which is weird. When you are feelihng nervy just remember it is probably hormones and tell yourself that for today, you are pregnant. It does get easier... or you learn to live with it... but tbh I am still on edge a lot and I have little rumbles of movement most days! When this one is here and safe in my arms I will breathe the biggest sigh of relief and start fretting about everything else. holding your breath for nine months is exhausting grin

Work is doing my box in atm, am a mixture of ecstatic when I have completed a big bit of editing that my supervisor is pleased with and breaking down over whether a word should be hyphenated or not. No one I will NOT be finishing early!!!

Pg-wise I was chuffed to bits because I have been hugely overdoing it since friday but had noooooo spotting smile Normally I would have had red blood by yesterday at least. however, I do now have a little bit tonight so will stay off my feet tomorrow (boo). But it is just a little bit and I take heart from that, I just really hope this is a sign of improvement and that it is moving. My bump has grown a lot the past week and is almost achey so guess everything is getting bigger and taking the placenta up with it, I hope! Am just dying to go for a swim but cannot imagine front crawl would be good for me and breaststroke is out because of SPD. Am glad I had some walks over the past few days tho! I got out!

I hope everyone is well. Am sorry am not posting here much atm, is because I like to post properly and need time for that smile Hot choc and mince pies for all! boo your cravings are very decent! I am carb loading like I have never ever known in my life and am craving fried cheesy stuff blush. 'eck.

Sheldonella Sun 09-Dec-12 19:42:22

Evening all. Frustrating day really - woke up feeling very dizzy and couldn't get up for ages. It was unlike anything I've had before so I called the hospital who sent me to the out of hours GP. They kept me waiting for hours but fortunately it is just a virus and not pregnancy related. Phew! I was so worried as I didn't feel DD move for a while this morning but she has been kicking very hard all afternoon. In fact she is doing it right now!

one I think more time off over Xmas is a good idea. I felt I returned too quickly in March and ended up with more time off sick anyway. Glad scan went well. Did you take a test? Hope you are ok.

wilde glad to see you back and yay for being almost finished with your work. Do take it easy now though but i hope your placenta is moving. Happy birthday to your DS for Saturday - how lovely smile is he excited?

boo I've craved guacamole loads, excellent stuff. Hope your dinner out is nice.

snow sorry to hear you are feeling anxious. I felt like that all through the first trimester and ended up having a private scan at 9 weeks. If you could do this I would recommend but it depends how you feel really. I had bleeding and just needed to know.

Hope you are all having nice evenings. Back to work tomorrow for me!

wilderumpus Sun 09-Dec-12 20:35:30

aw sheldon that doesn't sound good. what kind of virus is that?! Do you have other symptoms? glad DD is kicking away tho smile

actually, I have loved avocado too! not guacamole, just neat avocado. interesing... am also eating a lot of salmon and spinach, guess it is a good fats and iron thing?!

oh sheldon DS is SO excited. he is learning about xmas for the first time and just cannot wait until his birthday. he plays pass the parcel with me with a toy wrapped in his blanket already (!) and we had to make fairy cakes today to stop him from making his actual birthday cake. I can't wait, just hope to get enough work out of the way so I can relax and enjoy it smile we aren't having a party as we don't know many people up here but will have his best little mate round for a treasure hunt etc and party lunch. I have taken the opportunity got in lots of silly stuff like iced gems that I remember only ever having at parties as a kid! Fill 'em me with sugar i say smile

am working in front of x factor tonight! It is absurd nonsense and so is the x factor fnar hurrah.

wilderumpus Sun 09-Dec-12 20:36:49

ps my baby really likes to hang out by my bladder and give it a good prod every so often. I don't know if I need a wee or it is the baby!

wilde - don't have loads of symptoms, which might be why i'm feeling a bit anxious. Need to wee quite a bit more than usual, feeling tired and got heartburn tho so have a few symptoms to be getting on with! Def sympathise with the baby hanging out on your bladder tho...ouch!! My DS also v excited for xmas this year, it's so lovely having them in the house enjoying all the decorations and i can't wait to do santa this year grin

sheldon - Sorry you're feeling rough sad There's a lot of nasty stuff going about at the min. Get plenty of rest! Tbh i didn't think i'd want an early scan cos I had one last time and everything was great at 7.5 weeks which made the mmc at 10.5 weeks all the more unexpected and horrible. But I don't think I'm realistically going to be able to make it right til the end of Jan without a scan, it's just too horrible not knowing if everything is ok. I'm seeing GP on 20th Dec so I might ask if he can refer me over to early pregnancy unit just to check on things...

boo - guacamole mmmmm!! Heartburn killing me this week so nothing even a bit spicy for me which is awful cos i really love a good curry or a spicy stir fry but going to have to keep things plain and bland til it settles down. Even mint tea is making it worse lol Good advice, i'll try and keep the nerves under wraps. Hard tho!!! You guys are my inspiration flowers

icequeenkate Mon 10-Dec-12 12:33:56

Avocado, lettuce, tomato and mozzarella sarnies slathered with balsamic glaze/dressing. I've been eating one everyday for lunch since about 22wks. Local waitrose can't keep up with my demand for perfectly ripe avocados!!

<rushes off, DS3 off nursery AGAIN today...>

icequeenkate Mon 10-Dec-12 12:51:02

one you may well be ovulating. I an sure I did about 8-10 days after major bleeding started (took me about 3 wks of on off bleeding before starting to 'pass' whatever was left) and then I had a full-blown OMG I've soaked everything type period almost exactly 12 days after I thought I'd ovulated. I can only tell I've ov because (tmi) I get frisky blush! I recall DH commenting!!

Please seriously consider taking the extra time offered - good GPs tend not to offer this unless they suspect it would be of benefit? There is getting on with life, and there is ignoring a wound that needs more attention to heal? biscuit and brew <lecture over, sorry>

wilderumpus Mon 10-Dec-12 13:24:58

little tiredness and needing to wee sounds grand smile I didn't have many symptoms with DS all the way through, then with this one I was ok until about 6/7 weeks along when being on holiday wiped me out and I couldn't even get out of bed to get on a tour bus grin When I mc'ed I didn't feel tired and wonder if this is because I wasn't actually growing anything hmm

I had early scans too, first at 7 weeks because of bleeding, and although I was so so happy to see the bean there it only ever lasted about two days before i was gloomy and fretful again! So I understand your reticence... I likened it to a photo, it means something in the moment doesn't it, and not much else. have had about five scans now because of bleeding and am still really worried! confused

hallo ice! can I have one of your sarnies please?! I want to eat something yummy and healthy but only have bread and cheese in - shopping delivery tonight (with avocado) though woot! How are you feeling these days chuck?

am really cold, let's have some hot choc!

wilde - yes, i've been having proper hot chocolate fetish all week! none of this powdered crap, melt a few squares in a cup and add hot milk. SO MUCH BETTER!!! Tesco delivery coming tonight and there's whipped cream and marshmallows grin

icequeen - my DS really struggling to get over a chest infection at the min, I sympathise with you and DS3. He has gone to childminders today but he's a bit off his food still so if he's no better i'll prob take day off with him tomorrow. Bad time of the year for bugs!

wilderumpus Mon 10-Dec-12 14:46:32

hehe one lovely smile I have cocoa powder and milk, can't stand the water stuff it just doesn't taste chocolatey enough smile

Arf I am hormonal and just complained to sainsburys because a customer service person was rude and surly on the phone to me! Wtf, that is not like me at all. I know I am hormonal because i can't shift the Rage and my complaint was a bit ranty blush oops. I do feel better though, normally I sit about stewing in a pass/agg rage which then gets turned on whoever happens to sit closest to me...

I better get some coupons out of it! ooh.

wilderumpus Mon 10-Dec-12 14:54:17

sorry little I meant to say you not one! am a complete nutter at the mo, am submitting the phD in three weeks and is starting to show... blush

Sheldonella Mon 10-Dec-12 15:01:07

Heh - not just you simmering over things wilde. I got very annoyed in a cafe at lunch time when a man came and dumped his rubbish on top of the bin rather than in it. How lazy can you get?! Your DS sounds massively cute btw - the pass the parcel thing is adorable smile
ice I want your sandwich immediately. I will be buying all those ingredients on the way home!
snow I totally understand. I got the early scan because I was bleeding and the hospital refused me one. I would have tried to wait it out otherwise. I don't think there is any right answer other than share all your concerns on here.

Sheldonella Mon 10-Dec-12 15:20:29

Remember fooffighter? Just saw that she has a bfp now smile

wilderumpus Mon 10-Dec-12 15:44:05

does she sheldon? How lovely smile i hope she finds us here and joins in our shloer (sp?!) shenanigans. would it be terribly nosy of me to ask how you know is there a thread I can nose at and skive on

sheldon am glad am not the only one being dramatically angered grin the bin thing sounds sooo annoying. In the mood I am in I would probably say something. Normally am really very scared of confrontation and shake like a leaf when just standing up for myself but when preggo am completely different. Is weird!

I am going to have to work allll night tonight. YAY!

Sheldonella Mon 10-Dec-12 15:48:35

I saw a thread in pregnancy about sharing news with the father (sorry fooffigter if you read this - I feel horribly nosey now blush). I congratulated her but I think I have namechanged since she was on the thread with us.
Work all night really? Don't overdo it! I'm not being very productive today unfortunately - must try harder!

wilderumpus Mon 10-Dec-12 15:57:15

by all night I mean no later than 10pm, which is all night to me these days smile I am working like a dog and getting nowhere confused ho hum.

oh a pg thread. I saw that thread but didn't read it.

FoofFighter Mon 10-Dec-12 19:38:27

Checking in smile
going for a read, post later!

Sheldonella Mon 10-Dec-12 19:45:57

Yay, welcome foof. I used to be HeeHeeHeeBum btw - namechanged a while ago!

FoofFighter Mon 10-Dec-12 19:58:41

Was wondering!!

So chuffed that people remember me smile

Yes got a bfp yesterday but had suspected for the last week and a half. Am 5 weeks today I reckon which makes me due mid August.
Nice strong line, I think stronger than last time. Bit of tiredness, bit of crampy/pulling/being aware of the uterus feelings, bit of bloating, a LOT of wind blush and tender boobs a go-go.

Not sure what to do about scans etc it being over the festive period, the EPU told me to have a scan first before booking in with MW. Thoughts?

Can you all give me a quick rundown of how pg you all are etc?

wilderumpus Mon 10-Dec-12 20:47:40

hallo foof welcome!

Oooh, early scans... I had an early scan at 7 weeks because of bleeding, wouldn't have before that tho as at 6 weeks the HB and baby might be hiding sad. the horror of is it/is it not viable would be horrific again. Booking in wouldn't be till 8 weeks tho so will have plenty of time won't you? will you have an early scan?

AFM am 18 weeks tomorrow smile Due 14 May... Can't wait to be 18 weeks! I have a 20 week scan over xmas (28th dec) so they are open and working, am sure you will be able to get one sorted as easily as at any other time. Is lovely they are looking out for you. My pg not been stress free as had spotting regularly and a bleed but then was properly checked out at 15 weeks and they found my placenta is partially covering my cervix and so bleeds whenever I walk about much. Seems (fingers crossed) to be moving though as the bleeding is stopping now!

Anyways. laters yo, symptoms sound ace! fingers crossed!

SantasWildeRumpus Tue 11-Dec-12 11:47:32

only me. Look I have a new christmas name! grin

wilde - like your new name! good luck finishing the PhD - I was really racing to get mine done before DS arrived but in the end I submitted it 4 months after he was born. Probably easier before he or she arrives tho!! And congrats on nearly being 18 weeks grin

foof - we are at about the same stage, I'm just over 5 weeks I think, tho my cycle changes length from month to month so it's hard to say exactly. Very nervewracking this early bit confused but hopefully fx fx fx we will soon be looking forward to being 18 weeks like wilde!

So in good news I did a clearblue digi last night (too impatient to wait for FMU!) and I got bfp 3 weeks plus, so I am probably a little over 5 weeks and my hormone levels are increasing as they should be. Had some very light staining in CM (sorry tmi) this morning tho, but it was really just a very thin tinge of pale brown not at all like the bleeding I had the last time at 9 weeks which was, unfortunately, more like heavy spotting and bright red. Keep trying to remind myself that very light staining at 5 weeks is normal, likely to just be implantation bleeding, HCG levels are apparently fine and I have no cramping. But of course after last time even the slightest tinge of anything at all sets alarm bells ringing sad But just going to try and wait it out and discuss it with GP when I see him on 20th, hopefully he will refer me over for an early scan cos forking out £90 for a private one right around xmas will be a bit ouch... In the meantime...STAYING POSITIVE (through gritted teeth lol)

This thread is not accepting new messages.