Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

graduates of the wine-and-shagging-af ter-mc thread come hither!

(1000 Posts)
wilderumpus Fri 28-Sep-12 19:25:49

Seeing as practically all of us have now got pg, here is a new home for all of us to come to carry on chatting after getting the BFP after our mcs. Today we are pregnant! smile

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Sun 30-Sep-12 21:17:21

I have tiny jugs! But they are sore nonetheless! And I am very forgetful, I am very preoccupied! Goodnight all!

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Sun 30-Sep-12 22:08:46

Just want to say, I am now wearing the garment, I feel quite bound in, imagine I will be fighting my way out of it in my sleep, bad bad purchase...(!)

ChuckleMonster Mon 01-Oct-12 11:05:31

Woo hoo for scan wilde, sounds ace. I hope you are finding it easier to enjoy being pg now. not long till your 12 week scan now! What is your plan with travelinng now? Will you go away fir a while pre baby or put it on hold?

How was the new bra one? Hurrah for sore and swollen boobs!! Mine seem to be shrinking again now (as is my belly) but dr google says this is all normal so I am not stressing!

I am feeling much better today and am actually dressed for first time in 4 days. Have had sone sort of flu bug but just can't shake it. Its been over 2 weeks that I've been ill now and I just want a Lemsip and some night nurse!!

I love this thread. I love that we are on a pregnant now thread. I never thought I would get here!! smile

Sheldonella Mon 01-Oct-12 11:08:25

Aww me too chuckle it feels like we have come a long way together doesn't it smile

wilderumpus Mon 01-Oct-12 12:39:54

me too! is lovely how we have all come through our pregnancy journeys together smile

chuckle am glad you are feeling a bit better. Please take it easy though won't you! Getting over these things is a bugger and your immune system is a bit shit at the mo too. sorry to be patronising but if you are anything like me you'll need to be told to take it easy! have you been taking paracetemol? that is the best thing in lemsip anyway, apart from the stuff that stops you being so bunged up. DH doesn't really do pharmaceuticals more fool him but will have paracetemol, and I make him hot lemon and honey drinks with proper lemon when he is ill. would that help you? and olbas oil baths or face steaming works well for a snotty nose? <slopes off with naff obvious advices now>

how was the boob-binding in the end one?! I did actually roll over last night and wake myself up squishing my tiddley boobies rather painfully and for a second though such a bra may be good!

afm I am better post-scan now thanks, yes... tho still can't believe there is a bubs in my tummy with a heart beating away! the sausage roll at lunchtime would attest that that is indeed the case though blush and the fact I forgot my wallet to pay for them blush so the nice bakery lady let me pay tomorrow! Obviously the desperation was showing in mine and Ds's wet hair because I made us walk in the rain to get said sausage rolls

DS is getting into the idea there is a baby in my tummy (he was at the scan so DH was showing him what we were looking at on the big tele) and this morning said hello to it through my tummy button. aw!

wilderumpus Mon 01-Oct-12 12:40:08

er, essay! apologies!

icequeenkate Mon 01-Oct-12 13:38:59

Found you!! Great idea, and def keeping seats warm for those on the mc thread awaiting their bfps. <<piles up the extra cushions delivered at the weekend after a mix up over new sofa order - so glad I kept them hid them from delivery people as I knew they'd come in handy>>

Woo hoo for great scan results, wilde and sheldon. So we know we have a boy and a girl on/in the thread so far.... splendid.

boo and wllde - don't forget that the egg sac nutrients in the womb run out around this time and the placenta really kicks in, so it's not surprising that you are both feeling shattered. There's suddenly an even bigger drain on your energy and as wilde pointed out the growth rate from here on in is manic. Rest when you can (says she who can't do as she preaches...)

Brain? Memory? Can't recall what that was!
<<waddles off to find the list of all the lists I've drawn up recently to try to work out what to do next...>>

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Mon 01-Oct-12 13:57:18

Chuckle "I love this thread. I love that we are on a pregnant now thread. I never thought I would get here!! " Ditto, that line of yours moved me. smile

Ooh, can I add to the list of naff advices? I think lemsip is awful. If you boil up some ginger root and put honey and lemon in that THEN you have a real drink worth having... yummm! Great for sore throats and totally natural ingredients.

Wild awww! Very cute DS goings on your way!

Hi Ice!!! How many weeks are you now?

I am working from home right now and my neighbours have just started blasting some song from the 70's "love is in the air" confused Anyway, the bra was vice-like and I really thought it was going to be awful but it was great! Bascially I can no longer be outside of a bra.

ChuckleMonster Mon 01-Oct-12 14:02:38

Will definitely try your hot drink suggestions, thanks.

Wilde how lovely that your DS was talking to baby through your belly button. I wish my DD would stop stamping on her dolls heads long enough to be tender towards her sibling!!

wilderumpus Mon 01-Oct-12 18:04:59

ice yay! helloooo. thanks for the sac info, I want to know these things too! I only have the websites and I don't think they tell me much. I did have lovely pg books but lent them to my friends and want them back but then have to say I am preggo!

chuckle he was just shouting at the wee baby to wake up hmm he wants it to come out now! I say no!

I officially have a pregnant thing for nuts. I have hazlenut yoghurt, pistachios to dip into when I please and am dying to make nice salty peanut butter cookies. Is really, really weird 'cause in normal life I am completely indifferent to nuts. pretty fun though!

have just realised that I can't be measuring 7+1 today as the scan said as that would mean I got my super clear wonderful BFP at 8dpo? Not a squinty line, bright and proud it was. Reckon I am two days further on than she said, which is peanuts but somehow in these days of counting days it means a lot!

booboomonster Mon 01-Oct-12 21:30:47

Hi ice yes it was really nice to hear that sac info. I haven't really looked into anything too much yet because of THE FEAR, so it's good to hear stuff. I really hope this is all indicative of healthy babas!!

I am a bit into nuts too, wild, though it seems to be more in my head than actual tastebuds. In reality it seems a bit hit and miss. I was keen on having an almond cookie, but when I got one it was a let down. I think I will have to make some coconut biccys...

wild I don't think scans are that accurate with size/ dates to be honest. At least, i had a scan last pregnancy and gave birth about 8 hours later. They told me the baby was a pound less in weight than she was, which is quite a big margin. I know they do all the measurements etc, but that is usually in relation to the fetus rather than just abstractly... anyway, just musing, I don't really know!

I can't possibly tell my DDs - the older one (5) would definitely be telling everyone. So will have to keep schtum for a while.

Yes I too smiled, wet eyed, at the pregnancy thread comment, wild, and I was thinking - if we are like this at the start of the thread, how are we going to be when the first baby comes? I'm excited already! grin

Ooh sympathies about the bra one - I have rather large knockers (E cup though I am tall so it's not too bad) and have tried most bras out there. I usually wear some sort of 'secret support' top in bed, but I bought some emma jane nursing bras (you don't seem to be able to get non nursing ones, and besides, they should be useful later though I don't think they will hold my post baby G cups blush) they are only a tenner on figleaves and I've found them very comfy so far. Not too 'contained' but still supportive. Best thing for me is that you can get them in your back size (for me a 34) usually the large bras come with large back sizes so are totally redundant for me!

Sheldonella Tue 02-Oct-12 09:32:49

Ah, that explains why I felt so crap around that time! Nice to see you hear too ice smile
There must be something about nuts. Around 7 weeks I was in bed and suddenly got a huge craving for almond cake. I don't usually like almond at all but I looked them up online and wanted to lick the screen! I bought some the next day and ate one but then decided the rest were horrible and threw them away blush
Oh yes wild scan dating - as boo said they are not totally accurate so early. My 12 week scan put me further on and I mentioned the private one to the sonographer and she said they aren't so reliable for dating earlier than 12 weeks. The one that did my 9 week scan said it was accurate to 5 days either side. I still don't get how I'm so much further on than my ov sticks suggested though! I must have a fast developer. I had a comment that she has quite long legs on my 3D scan picture.
boo I must look up those bras as I seem to be about the same as you (although I think I will soon be out of F cup territory).
I'm feeling quite good today after a day of feeling quite overwhelmed and weird yesterday. It suddenly hit me since finding out it's a DD that this is really happening and I'm going to have an actual daughter! So exciting but also scary smile

Sheldonella Tue 02-Oct-12 10:17:30

I was just feeling a bit teary thinking about the first baby who was due on Thursday. I then felt a little flutter from my lovely DD, what a lovely way to be cheered up smile

wilderumpus Tue 02-Oct-12 11:13:54

flutters sheldon! yay!

Thanks for scan ressurances smile you know what I absolutely know this about scan dating and hate early scans for this very reason! and YET because a 'professional' said it I am more inclined to believe them even tho I know my dates are bang on; and it's only 2 days different anyway! Am crackers!

meant to be back at work today but DS has chickenpox! eek! i don't know anything about this but he is unusually quiet. will work when he naps i guess! any tips or knowledge gratefully recieved!

how bizarre 7 weeks seems to be nut-time. grin

I am making lemon drizzle pox cake later! oh YUM YUM YUM!

icequeenkate Tue 02-Oct-12 13:38:42

wilde - poor ds and poor you! Mind you, better to get it over with younger. DS1 developed it when DS2 was 10 days old. That was fun! Yes please to lemon drizzle cake ... might have to make some raspberry flapjack this afternoon now...!

Scan dates - pah! My '12' wk scan, which I had at around 13 wks dated me at 14 wks. DH is 6'3", I am 5'9" and all 3 babies so far have been long (as in 'ooh, this is a long one' say the midwives) and skinny. So I know that MY date of 28/1/13 is much more accurate. Will not be letting them induce me!! I tried telling them about long babies but they just looked at me pityingly, so I returned the look. grin

Flutters - sheldon - how wonderful, and what fab timing. I'm getting HUGE belting great kicks at the moment, particularly at 7.15 last night when DS1 was 'singing' caterwauling so he now thinks that baby loves his voice. Personally am not so sure, but would hate to disillusion him.

Nuts - have you tried the Dorset cereals honey granola? I can't get enough of it at the moment. That and all-bran for obvious reasons blush

Bras - am continuing my photo album of boob sizing, but am finding it tricky to see how the current size (DD?) would look with non-preg body. DH may have to do some photoshopping!!

Couldn't find my lists yesterday, so have started a new one! Off to do some of the items on it. or cook flapjack smile

wilderumpus Tue 02-Oct-12 14:35:42

ahhhhhh... ice that granola sounds heavenly! I hadn't even thought of it even tho the cluster-type cereal adverts have me drooling but I don't want the flakes and fake low fat shit (obvs full of sugar). runs for coat, realises about DS's pox, sadly puts coat down

and YES to the scan info - me and DH are NOT tall, DH is half indian so not tall (tho not short!) and DS was 6lb1 when born and also put back at the scan date to a silly date that basically meant I had had an affair to concieve him hmm so stands to reason our babies will measure smaller than average. D'oh to overgeneralisations in medicine!

aw to kicks! wonderful!

poor you having a poxy house with a newborn! omg. But why is my child bouncing off the ceiling with hyperness? I am sat patiently waiting for him to get ill and daren't go anywhere as i will feel very guilty! Suppose I shall make the pox cake if my nerves can stand DS chucking flour everywhere when am so, so, TIRED! i put him down for his nap but he is singing at the top of the stairs at me. ho hum.

Sheldonella Tue 02-Oct-12 14:44:28

Oh poor DS wild but good to get it out of the way. I remember having chicken pox when I was about 6 and I felt fine but wasn't allowed out of the house for 2 weeks.
The dating thing makes sense - I am 5'9" so maybe DD takes after m e(DH is 5'8"). I was a bit worried about being put further on as I really don't want to be induced either ice! I will focus more on my original due date and hope for the best. There is a fabulous new midwife led unit at my hospital where all the rooms have pools and I so want to use one if possible. I guess that will all go out of the window if I'm induced.
I had lemon drizzle cake after my lunch - fabulous grin

wilderumpus Tue 02-Oct-12 15:15:15

wow sheldon your MW led unit sounds fab. I would love to have that option. Am worried about the area we are moving to, the hospital there has a dreadful reputation and is the only option so HB it would have to be, which is cool unless the baby arrives 'early' (according to their dates. I have the opposite problem as DS arrived at 37+4 on scan dates, 38+1 weeks on mine)

am too tired to make me cake! just can't move, have jibbed out of playing with ds to skulk on the settee and hopefully not move until the lethargy lifts in a bit! at least it means the baby is growing away smile

Sheldonella Tue 02-Oct-12 16:44:13

Those with DCs already - if you don't mind me asking, what were your first births like?

wilderumpus Tue 02-Oct-12 18:12:19

mine was lovely sheldon. waters went at 2am after gentle period pain all evening, completely panicked and didn't have a clue what to do (even tho I was class boffin all through AN groups!) and felt really guilty waking DH up (!). Mws came over about 3am, contractions serious about 4am just as they were going to 'leave me to it' for the night and they checked and was 7cm dilated, so birthing pool got up and running and a MW ran off to get the birthing kit (!) and some gas and air (!!) and DS was born at 6.45am on 15 Dec smile It snowed two days later for a whole month, was a magical time smile

Sheldonella Tue 02-Oct-12 19:40:07

Oh wilde that does sound lovely! I so hope I can have a lovely experience like that as I'm terrified of all the interventions. Must be so nice to be at home afterwards too. Does the water make a big difference?

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Tue 02-Oct-12 20:11:36

Wow I had a lot of catching up to do on here and now OH is due back with chips so I have to run for a quick shower but just wanted to say all the excitement and happiness on here is wooonnnndddderful! smile

My bra is going in the bin by the way. Damn contraption is designed to make me more fit for war than sleeping. Anyway, that's for a nother time, have a good evening ladies!

booboomonster Tue 02-Oct-12 20:59:54

Hello! ooh lots of nice pg talk on here - kicking, sizing, food, bras grin.

I had loads of *TMI ALERT* EWCM today and started to worry that it's not 'real' after all. I really want to hold out to 11 weeks for my scan (it's less than a month away after all) as I just think I could be taking up an emergency epu scan from a real emergency. But it depends how urgent I feel! Am also slightly nervous about twins... hmm

So glad you are getting lovely kicks sheldon and ice, it's miraculous when you feel that I always think. Wow we are doing an important job here, ladies!!

ice are you taking pics of your boobs?! That's hilarious (sorry if I got the wrong end of stick there!).

one good for you for binning the bra!!

wild - your birth sounds lovely, I love the idea of a winter baby. Definitely good to get the pox out of the way - I had the 2 DDs with it one after another and it was a right pain in terms of childcare/ general caring. They usually are ok for the first 24 hours I found then we had one really bad night each, then it sort of improved though the itching obviously carried on. My younger one had about 50 times more spots than the older, bizarrely but they both suffered the same I'd say.

sheldon I too had 2 pretty amazing births. Don't get me wrong, there was pain, but kind of like running a marathon - you break through the pain barrier and you know that the result is going to be worth it. Sort of constructive pain. Both of them I just had gas and air - I had put on my birthplan that I'd rather not epidural and it just never really came up. Gas and air was amazing - though it did make me vomit a lot. I vomited throughout both births actually which while not glamourous just seemed to be what my bod needed to do!! Luckily I am quite a neat and efficient puker! My first DD was in hospital and the pushing out part was the worst, but it was pretty quick. Labour for DD2 was about half as long as it had been first time, and it was easier, in a midwife led unit in a birthing pool which was great. We were really left alone and the midwife just came in to catch baby and bring her up between my legs. She was born in the sac so the water was totally clear! It's supposed to be lucky! But the feeling when you meet your baby is the most amazing feeling in the whole world - at least, it was for me (I know some people don't feel it 'til later which is also very normal). But I felt like I'd completed the marathon des sables, and been given the best present I could ever imagine at the same time - that I could take home and keep! Anyway, I hope that gives you an idea.

Also would like to say I think it is luck of the draw to a large extent what kind of birth you have - baby's position and keeness to progress down birth canal, etc. Though gravity does help too - I do believe you have to keep moving for as long as possible during labour. (Oh God, sorry for essay!!!)

wilderumpus Tue 02-Oct-12 21:18:40

oh, don't get me wrong, having a baby fucking hurts smile you are having a baby though grin This time I am getting proper hippy dippy and doing pregnancy yoga from 13 weeks and learning how to breathe through pain!

water is AMAZING sheldon. Amazing. Even with a great hospital if there is only one or two waterpools to share the fear of not getting one is enough to keep me at home! some people hate it though, you just don't know till you are in labour!

chips one! yeah!

I am officially up a cup size and my underwire is starting to hurt sad Into the pokey-out booby bras it is from tomorrow secretly excited about pain free bra wearing

booboomonster Tue 02-Oct-12 22:23:39

weirdly I didn't feel that water made much difference. It was nice, and I had heard that it was good for big babies, which DD2 was, but I didn't think it changed anything particularly. It was just kind of a different way of doing it. But like wild says, I think you don't know how you are going to feel about it until you do it!

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Absolutely cream crackered!

This thread is not accepting new messages.