Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

CalamityJ Thu 07-Mar-13 11:00:29

Hilda popped over there to join in the night feed fun! Good luck to all of those whose due date was February but you're still waiting in March thanks

hildainstant Thu 07-Mar-13 07:08:31

Congratulations Calamity!! Are you joining us on the postnatal thread now?

CalamityJ Tue 05-Mar-13 18:38:48

Would you believe 15 minutes after my last post my waters 'popped'! 24 hour labour ending in an emergency c-section & DD was born! 9lbs 2oz no wonder she wasn't coming out easily! My DH's boss recommended ankle massage to get labour going & 5 minutes after doing so spontaneous labour started! And the Dermacool really helped in the hot hospital so still glad I got it especially as that was what my DH massaged my ankles with! grin

Aldan Mon 04-Mar-13 12:39:15

And congratulations irismom grin

CackleALot Sun 03-Mar-13 21:37:12

Congrats irismom thanks

irismom Sun 03-Mar-13 18:51:52

sorry Ladies.. couldn't update sooner
Congrats ladies!!!
Had C- Section as planned on 25th Feb, went very well, despite I was scared to death sad
Lovely boy, Christian Linz Jose finally came into the world, weighing 8.6 pounds and healthy. Came home after 3 days. going through sleepless nights. see you all there on the new thread grin

Panzee Sat 02-Mar-13 09:55:54

My surgeon attempted a sweep on the morning of the op. you could ask? I really sympathise, I was nowhere near ready for labour so it was a CS for me too.

Aldan Sat 02-Mar-13 09:40:03

No so it's either go into labour before then or section on wed hmm

CackleALot Sat 02-Mar-13 09:32:01

How frustrating!! will they do a sweep before the 6th?

Aldan Fri 01-Mar-13 16:45:44

Congratulations cackle and very well done on your VBAC grin

Been for anaesthetist and midwife apt today. Was told I'd have a sweep. When I got there they said it's not an ante natal apt it's a pre-op apt. So no sweep hmm

CackleALot Fri 01-Mar-13 12:03:02

Hi Ladies! Congratulations!

Baby Ellie Rose born via VBAC on 27.2.13 - day before ELCS! 8lb 1oz. Quick labour - went in at 10.30am, Ellie here by 16.45pm. some internal tears & extremely painful piles but very proud of myself for VB! grin

Hope its not too long for you now Aldan....

Looking forward to catching up with everyone on post natal thread with brew & biscuit ...

Aldan Fri 01-Mar-13 05:36:47

Congratulations can gringringrin no signs for me yet, knew I should've joined the march thread!!

Can87 Thu 28-Feb-13 21:52:44

Our baby boy Ellis James was born at 8.40 this morning after around 9 hours of labour smile weighed in at 6lb 10, which considering i was 41 +3 was much smaller than i was expecting (which was a good thing) ended up having a few tears so needed internal stitches, which IMO hurt just as much as the labour! We've had to stay in over night just to make sure he's feeding properly, but other than that all good and we should be home tomorrow!

heading to the post natal thread now but thought id let u all know how we got on smile good luck to anyone left, how are u doing aldan any signs yet?? Xxx

NAR4 Thu 28-Feb-13 14:55:42

Congratulations Box.

Hope it all goes well Can.

Now to pop into the post natal thread.

Want2bSupermum Thu 28-Feb-13 03:57:32

Congratulations to everyone.

Monkeys I love the name Casper and Mixxy - I wish you a speedy recovery.

Can87 good luck!

CalamityJ It is funny how some of the things you find in pregancy make such a huge difference to your comfort. I hope your baby arrives soon!

Can87 Thu 28-Feb-13 01:15:58

Looks like I may just make it into Feb at this rate, I think my sweep today probably worked as my contractions seem to have started. smile Yay!
They are coming around every 6 minutes at the moment, so need to wait for them to get a bit closer before heading to the hospital, but hopfully we'll get to meet our little one soon. Will keep you all updated smile xxx

CalamityJ Wed 27-Feb-13 22:53:53

I've just discovered the most amazing thing in the world. Dermacool aqueous cream with 1% menthol. Heaven in a tube! I've been so mega itchy for weeks & the hydrocortisone was doing nothing so I did a bit of research & ordered it from my local Boots. 24 hours later I feel like I'm in a menthol igloo! My skin is so chilly it's amazing! Similar relief to sitting in a cold bath only I can actually go to sleep. I think I might buy shares in it grin Made my day after tramping round the park trying to evict our baby!

BoxOfMonkeys Wed 27-Feb-13 22:10:07

Wow and yow, depending on whether you're waiting or not! Massive congrats to Panzee, NAR4, Mixxy and want2b and thinking of all you imminent lovely ladies. Will pop back and also onto the new thread 'feb 13 babies sleepless nights and stitches' - see you on the other side and GOOD LUCK all! wine thanks smile

BoxOfMonkeys Wed 27-Feb-13 21:57:52

Hi guys!!!

Will have a read through who's dropped and who's waiting in a sec' but just wanted to check in to say it's done and dusted and our little boy is here at home with us now... a full 2 weeks over and officially post mature!

Casper Josef Kirk, 7Ib.11oz arrived on Feb 25th (Monday - a full moon), which was my date for induction but I didn't need to be induced as I went into established labour the night before. With DD a couple of years ago, I was on the birth centre and honestly, I don't know how I managed it without all the drugs that I had this time, lol! I had Codeine, gas & air, pethidine and an epidural on the ward this time and am SO GLAD I did! The labour was a LOT happier this time around, although the pushing was harder. Early labour started on Saturday but they smacked me up with Codeine and Red Bull and sent me off into the moors for a long walk - it was surreal (Red Bull and the moors weren't exactly prescribed to be fair!), but then everything stopped in the evening and I nearly had a nervous breakdown. However, Sunday teatime the contractions started up again and we followed our instincts and made our way to the hospital at what turned out to be just the right time. The care was second to none, lovely midwives and one-on-one all the way through, which was massively appreciated as I was quite nervous about the vulnerability of giving birth this time around. He arrived at 11am on Monday, brought him home yesterday, and now our family is complete. Our DD adores him and mothers the poor bugger more than DH and I put together!

Congratulations to all who've come through the other end, and thinking positive thoughts and pushing vibes to all those still waiting.

xxxx

Aldan Wed 27-Feb-13 20:05:45

Yay congratulations mixxy gringrin

Mixxy Wed 27-Feb-13 19:42:47

After almost 39 hours in labor, a c- section brings my son Cian Alexander to the world this morning at 3.16am. 8 lb 14 oz and 21.5 inches of perfection. I'm so in love!

calamityJ better look into some pineapple and curry stat!

CalamityJ Wed 27-Feb-13 18:31:15

Sweep yesterday has led to plenty of bloody show (TMI?) but no labour! Induction booked for 2nd March so desperately trying to encourage the baby out! Looks like some of us could end up with March babies!

Nicky1306 Wed 27-Feb-13 17:27:09

Hi everyone! I have added a postnatal thread in here called feb 13 babies sleepless nights and stitches x

NAR4 Wed 27-Feb-13 16:42:07

Hope the sweep works Can. I'm sure it was my third sweep that got my labour started. (Sweep was at 9.30am and labour started at 4pm).

Aldan Wed 27-Feb-13 14:37:18

Oh no can, yuck. Hope sweep was ok smile

After last nights moving, baby has given no more signs today, thought it might happen today. Oh well, more waiting...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now