Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

Aldan Tue 08-Jan-13 20:14:46

Can I ask those with other DCs if you will reuse your mattresses? I've bought a new crib mattress as it was only £10 but I had DS in a travel cot in my room until 5 months and bought a £100+ mattress for that. It has a removable washable cover. Any thoughts???

CackleALot Tue 08-Jan-13 22:50:16

Hi all, hope you don't mind me popping back in. I introduced myself in the early days but have found it difficult keeping up with having DS around this time! When I was pregnant with him my OH couldn't get me off of MN! grin

I'm due on 24th Feb, we don't know what we're having this time. Still got 3 1/2 wks of work left which is tough due to having SPD sad

Aldan - I had an emergency section with DS as he was frank breech which they had missed, thinking he was head down but measuring small. a late scan confirmed he was breech but went into labour day before section planned shock - he came 5 days early. I have a scan on 28th to check position and decide on delivery method. I too am undecided. Normal delivery scares me!

Re mattress, I'm using same ones from DS as still in good condition.

Want2bSupermum Wed 09-Jan-13 03:34:09

Hi everyone. Thought I would check in as I have gotten into that final stretch.

aldan I had an EMCS with DD and today my obn told me that she really didn't want me doing a VBAC if possible. She said there was a good chance I would need an EMCS anyway and with not having family around she is a lot more comfortable with me having a scheduled CS rather than being exhausted after labouring and then having an EMCS. All that is left is to do decide on the date. I want to push it out as far as possible but policy is 40wks at the latest.

I am still in shock at the lack of scans in the UK. I was scanned again this morning to check on the position. The obn said that while he was head down his neck was twisted. Quite cool that she called up the chiropractor and got me an emegency appointment to have him manipulated. I can't believe I made it to work for 9am!

Our neighbours have a proper high end baby mattress that they have given to us which will put in DD's crib. We are really lucky that way. Our friends have given us their crib as their son has now graduated to a proper bed.

NAR4 Mon 14-Jan-13 12:54:53

Not long now ladies. Keep on smiling, its nearly over! grin

Trimpampusik Wed 16-Jan-13 16:38:00

At my last appointment with consultant I have been given my induction date smile 11th of Feb - can't wait to see my twin boys!!! grin

Panzee Tue 22-Jan-13 21:44:14

Haven't seen this thread for ages! 37 weeks now, due 10th Feb. I think baby is head down now but not sure - supposed to have a hospital appt on Thurs to check position, but haven't had the appointment letter yet.

Bag is packed and the waiting begins! smile

How is everyone?

CackleALot Wed 23-Jan-13 20:10:45

Hi Panzee, its very quiet on here! I'm 35.5 weeks. Got scan to check position on Monday and to discuss birth options (CS last time as DS was breech).

Looking forward to finishing work next Friday, so tired now!

Hope your appointment comes soon!

Gbnewbie Thu 24-Jan-13 22:29:33

Hello all, I'm 37.2... Feeling v.nervous as its my 1st. Absolutely wiped out doing anything (pathetic). 6 days of work left, can't wait to be done. Due on the 12th... Good luck everyone!!!! grin

NAR4 Fri 25-Jan-13 09:45:34

Hi everyone. I'm 37wks now and have been having mild contractions and period type pains since Tuesday evening and a small show. Day Assesment Unit have said it could be very early labour and will hopefully build up to proper contractions, so fingers crossed. This will be my first natural labour if it does.

Currently trying to motivate myself to do the hula hoop on the wii fit as another mum at toddler group swears it started her labour off. No energy though due to such disturbed sleep caused by pains.

Aldan Fri 25-Jan-13 14:13:03

How are you feeling now nar4?

Went to see consultant this morning. Have decided on vbac, going to see her again in 4 weeks when ill be 39+2 for a sweep. I said I don't want to be induced so I will have a cs at 40+10 if I need one. DS came at 39 weeks so I don't think I'll be overdue but you never know. Feel good about my decision, really need to get listening to the hypnobirthing discs now.......

NAR4 Fri 25-Jan-13 14:47:25

Hi Aldan still the same. Mostly period type pains now with only the odd more painfull contraction. Would go for a long walk but don't think I could manage it with my SPD. Will try to persuade Dh to go with me for one this evening, so if I do find it too painfull, he can go back for the car.

Had a go at the hula hoop on the Wii but couldn't manage much, due to hip pain. Think I might have to just grit my teeth and get on with it if I want to start labour off properly. Rather that than being induced with the drip again.

If my pains carry onto next week I think I will phone Day Assesment Unit again and beg for a sweep to try and get things going. Don't rate my chances of them agreeing though from what other people have said on MN. Often won't do them before 41 weeks apparently. Oh well, if I don't ask then I definately won't get.

Hope the sweep works for you, if you don't go into labour before. Sounds hopeful that you had DS at 39 weeks.

Panzee Fri 25-Jan-13 15:50:30

I had mild spd that was fixed by a trip,to the osteopath. Something to consider?

Aldan Fri 25-Jan-13 15:51:32

How about bouncing on a birthing ball?

NAR4 Fri 25-Jan-13 16:05:54

Bouncing on my ball doesn't hurt, but I thought that was just meant to help the baby's head engage. My baby is back to back, like all my previous ones, so won't engage anyway. Do correct me if this is wrong. Think I will give it a go after the school run as soon as I have got tea on. Can't hurt.

Haven't been able to find a local physio or osteopath who is willing to treat me for SPD. Live in a rural area though, so not a lot of choice about.

Even resorted to what put the baby in, in the first place, last night. Took a lot of persuasian for Dh to agree and didn't seem to make any difference at all.

Aldan Fri 25-Jan-13 17:42:52

I never even questioned what the bouncing does I just know it helps grin

NAR4 Sun 27-Jan-13 13:24:16

Spent Friday afternoon bouncing on the birthing ball and went for a brisk walk around the village. All pains stopped Friday night and none since.

Seems I will have to wait a few weeks longer after all.

Aldan Sun 27-Jan-13 17:05:22

Oh dear, are you ok?

Just back from DSs 5th birthday party superhero and princess fancy dress. Was great but I'm sooo tired now grin

LazyMachine Mon 28-Jan-13 06:15:39

Hi all - I think I dropped in for a post or two in our first trimester, but was very busy with work and all. Now I'm on ML and twiddling my thumbs. EDD is the 9th. I swear, my symptom spotting has gone into overdrive and it reminds me of the TTC days.

Is there a Feb stats list? I'm curious to follow the pattern of EDD/actual DD. I've kept my eye on January and have been pleasantly surprised at how many babies came early!

I'm currently curried, sexed and raspberry leaf capsuled...anyone else attempting to coax an early birth?

hildainstant Mon 28-Jan-13 12:58:55

Hi Folks,

I'm new on this thread - due 26th but booked in for ELCS on 20th Feb due to previous pre-eclampsia amongst other things.

I'm at that fed up stage now. Had a growth scan last week and baby was showing as way off the charts at (est) 9lbs at 34+6 weeks (you probably all know the average is less that 5.5lbs at that stage). My DS was 9lb10oz which I thought was huge but this is taking the mick - to put it into perspective I'm only 4'11" so look like I'm carrying multiples!! Where we get these big babies from I don't know as DH is only 5'8" and quite slim build!!

Anyhoo, whinging won't change anything but starting to struggle energy wise and finding my rest times at work sat in my Office rather than running after a 2yo at home!

Needless to say I'm terrified on progressing naturally into labour incase an EMCS isn't possible/available.....just wish this next 3 weeks would fly by!! Baby is also breech and back to back to v uncomfortable, mixed with incessant itching and heartburn I'm a realy bundle of joy atm!!

Anyone else know they're having a big'un and feeling quite anxious about it all?

NAR4 Mon 28-Jan-13 14:50:55

Pains started up again last night, but I am so tired now after several nights of not getting much sleep, that I just can't be bothered to walk about or bounce on the ball any more. It didn't seem to be moving things along anyway.

Phoned midwife this morning and begged for a sweep, but she said they are not allowed to do them before 40 weeks. Bugger!

Have now resigned myself to this just rumbling on until at least 40 weeks (2.5 more weeks) but am eating lots of curry and pineapple to try and at least get my body ready to pop on time. Would desperately like to go into labour on my own this time, as its likely to be my last baby.

Hildainstant you seem to have my worries in reverse. Poor you, that does sound a massive baby.

Love the party theme Aldan but can imagine you must me shattered after a five year olds party.

hildainstant Mon 28-Jan-13 15:07:23

Even my maternity clothes are starting to be too small now!! Sticking to dresses and leggings rather than trousers/jeans - shoving them on eBay while I've got the time!

These last few weeks are always the worst - the waiting game is pure torture, as is the unknown!! We'll all be fine though!

Have any of the February babies been born yet? Apologies but can't face going back over all of the pages (lazy-itis!)

Aldan Mon 28-Jan-13 21:34:22

Got an apt for monitoring in the morning. Had a really itchy chest with a rash and then yesterday my hands and feet started itching. Been ok today though so I'm unsure about keeping the appointment now???

Hope you get some sleep tonight nar4...

Big baby indeed Hilda, I'm sure you'll be ok with your cs

And yes maternity clothes... I can now only wear 2 pairs of trousers, I have lots of dresses but cannot get the tights on, I'll have to try leggings under them too smile

hildainstant Tue 29-Jan-13 10:15:01

Hope your apt goes well Aldan, let us know. I've been really itchy these past couple of weeks across my tummy as well as arms and legs. They tested me for that obstetric coleost-whatever it's called!! Heard nothing back so assuming I've not got it!!

Why do we do it to ourselves, this pregnancy malarky!! I'm really not very good at it.....but it'll all be more than worth it at the end!

I've had a terrible night with my DS. He decided last week that all his dummy's were broken so he's taken himself off them (thank God!) - he only had them for sleep anyway. But, the slightest thing is waking him now and with a mixture of howling wind and a neighbours security light going on and off all night it's been a challenging one! Now sitting at work typing this when I should be doing more dull meaningful stuff because I don't have the energy to concentrate!!

I'm not usually this miserable....promise. Come and see me in a couple of months time and I'll be my usual bright and positive self!!

Panzee Tue 29-Jan-13 10:25:18

Nice to see this thread waking up again! I got my consultant appointment, baby is head down and all well. I'm glad I went as I had an appointment for a sweep at 39 weeks which I was going to refuse, but he said he didn't want to do it then and rebooked for the week after. The downside of never seeing the same doctor at each appointment! But he is my named consultant so I'm happy we both think the same. I won't be induced (previous CS) and he is happy for me to go to 42 weeks before a section.

Hope everyone is well, I'm going to wait a bit longer before trying the natural induction methods, what is everyone else doing?

LazyMachine Tue 29-Jan-13 11:37:13

hilda are you really ebaying your mat clothes this early? 38+3 and my jeans, etc. are no longer comfortable either, but I assumed I would be wear them post-birth and for the next 6 months. At least I hope so, because during this pregnancy I've bought some really nice, upscale jeans and trousers. And I've fallen in love hidden elasticated waistbands!

Panzee my plan is to wait and see. Although once I pass my EDD I might be feeling up for some sweepage. It's so hard waiting, isn't it?

I asked earlier about a Feb stats list - shall I start one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now