Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

Want2bSupermum Fri 30-Nov-12 00:54:12

I got very frustrated towards the end of my pregnancy with DD. I didn't feel well at all. I was so tired and everything took such a huge effort.

queen I was so careful with DD that I didn't dare have a bath once I got to the point where I couldn't see my toes.

NAR Spoke to my obn today over the phone as food choices here are limited and I had awful headaches two nights in a row. She told me she was reading through recent research and doesn't want me walking up or down stairs if i can avoid it. Apparently this aggrevates SPD as more pressure is put on pelvis. Thought I would share. Also, no heavy bags, she wants me using a rolling bag.

Kellz92 Fri 30-Nov-12 10:33:55

Hi. Im due on 5th Feb with a little girl. As excited as I am to meet her im getting nervous. Shes already weighing in at slightly over 4lbs and measuring a few weeks bigger. Not really sure what to expect with this being my first

NAR4 Sat 01-Dec-12 09:11:36

Thanks want2b, unfortunately my toilet is upstairs though and not practical to spend the day upstairs with a 20 month old. Physio has said she will sort me out with some crutches on Monday to take some of the weight off my pelvis when I walk. Won't help when I leave the house though because I can't see how I will be able to use them with my toddler as well.

aldan Sun 02-Dec-12 22:00:18

Hi kellz92 don't worry about the expected weight, where did you get that weight from, an extra scan?? You do worry more with your first though smile

Nar4 hope the physio apt tomorrow helps.

Went to see rise of the guardians today with my 4 year old DS I highly recommend it. Also fancy nativity 2!

Kellz92 Mon 03-Dec-12 10:06:33

thanks Aldan. I had a private growth scan. was meant to be 4D but there wasnt enough fluid to see her clearly. Yeah im not really sure what to expect. I worry too because instead of just the 2 scans at hospital ive already had 4 and still got 2 to go. Plus my husband was 13.3 when he was born lol. Im sure ill be fine smile

evilhamster Mon 03-Dec-12 18:21:13

Hi. I'm having a little girl (I've already got two- and a boy) estimated Feb 14, so Valentines day! She'll be my fourth (and my last probably) and for some reason I feel more nervous about her than with DD1. First time I've given birth in the UK too (others were in Iceland) so it' probably not being used to the differences.

NAR4 Wed 05-Dec-12 14:17:02

Hi evil my baby is due the same day as yours.

Aldan physio gave me crutches to use, which have helped with the pain when walking, but now make me even slower. Feel a real wolly using them though as people keep asking what I have done. I'm sure I will get used to them and am glad they reduce the pain.

Want2bSupermum Fri 07-Dec-12 14:46:27

I am having a couple of extra appointments because of having preclampsia with DD. The dr told me yesterday that I developed it a day after delivery which is why this time I will automatically have a 72 hour stay in hospital. I get my own room with ensuite bathroom so ok with being grounded for 3 days.

The scan yesterday went well and I had to go back for another glucose test because the first one was borderline. DS measured in at 3lb11oz which is a weight they were very happy with.

They want to check on me and DS again at 36wks. Will have so many pictures of him!

MrsHBaby3 Sun 09-Dec-12 02:46:43

Hya! I'm due end of Feb. Currently wide awake as baby kicking lots and setting off Braxton hicks. To be honest, it was an excuse for midnight munchies!
I'm happy if baby does move, he's been transverse since before my 20week scan. Today my mum and I tried to massage him round to be head down, but didn't really do much. Midwife has said not to worry but I don't fancy mad panic at the end.
X

Trimpampusik Mon 10-Dec-12 02:06:11

Keep waking up in the middle of the night ;(

We went to TAMBA antenatal training session this weekend - full day with other 7 couples run by an experienced midwife. Everything went really well, and I am feeling a bit more confident about the labour and other stuff... As I am 29 weeks and expecting twins, its been very useful to learn about what happens during labour. In my week 28 scan i found out that both boys are now heads down, and the lower placenta has moved a bit (3cm) from the birth canal. Sofar, all looking ok.

Went shopping with Mum yesterday and bought a few clothing items for the twins, as apparently should have had the hospital bag ready in week 24.... Hope everyone is doing well.

GwendolynMoon Tue 11-Dec-12 11:13:22

Sounds good [trimpampusik] smile

Hope everyone is doing ok and looking forward to Christmas smile

I am on holiday from next week Tuesday and counting the days...so preoccupied with baby thoughts atm especially as we have nearly finished the nursery and started our hypnobirthing course on the weekend....feeling very impatient to meet our little one now!

FestiveFannyFarts Wed 12-Dec-12 13:42:02

I here for my bimonthly recruitment drive.... We are on facebook also, there is 42 of us lovely ladies who would love for you all to join us if you would like.
Send me a friend request and i will add you. Here we are

Aldan Wed 12-Dec-12 18:20:13

Glad seeing the physio helped nar4. I've slowed right down when walking I get pains under my bump and I'm so slow now, very frustrating for the Christmas shoppers stuck behind me when I'm out!

Mrsh, same here about being kept awake. The other night he work me at 5am just wriggling, very weird feeling, cannot be bothered leaving my nice warm bed to get food though grin

Enjoy your hypnobirthing Gwen, I do hypnobirthing and it is so good. I just need to start on myself now. Think ill leave it til 35 ish weeks though.

Off to centre parcs next Friday DS will love it. He had his nativity earlier sooo cute grin

NAR4 Fri 14-Dec-12 10:33:49

Hubby is off over Christmas for 2 weeks, yeah! I can't wait for him to take over with the other children and hopefully get some much needed housework done.

I'm usually very active and have mild OCD, meaning my housework gets done everyday else it drives me insane. I have been known to stay up throughout the night to get it done when my children were babies and I didn't have the time during the day. Just can't manage to work through the SPD pain anymore and am starting to go slightly crazy about the mess now.

Already worried about him going back to work after Christmas though. Just no pleasing me at the moment.

Scan next Wednesday to see if placenta has moved and I can have a vb. Nearly in tears already at the possibility of needing a CS. I know I'm being pathetic but just can't help myself at the moment. This pregnancy has truely been rubbish and I can't wait for it to all be over.

Hopefully Christmas will provide a welcome distraction for us all and once into the new year it won't be long before we start having our babies. grin

NAR4 Wed 19-Dec-12 11:18:39

Had my scan today and am thrilled to say my placenta has moved and I have been cleared for a vb. Yeah!

Also found out I am having a boy. Need to think of a name now.

Gbnewbie Wed 19-Dec-12 18:59:22

Great news nar, really pleased for you. Congrats on your baby boy news too! grin

Aldan Wed 19-Dec-12 21:35:40

Yay nar4 a boy, same here grin

BoomBoomBoom Wed 19-Dec-12 22:47:27

Hi I keep coming on and off the thread (I might have nc but happy with this name)
I'm currently 33+3 (due 3/2).
I've had Steroid injections as baby is low on fluid and weekly scans.

Does anyone else just feel that their bump is so heavy?

LancsMum88 Sun 23-Dec-12 14:59:14

Hey everyone not been on here in soo long! I'm 31 weeks tomorrow : )

So loving my little boys face watching all the Christmas films on at the moment, he's only 2 and bit so still too young to know 100% that it's Christmas not gone overboard on the presents for that reason, even if his grandparents have!

Best wishes to you all xx

Aldan Sun 23-Dec-12 15:54:17

My DS is nearly 5 and really gets it this year. Just got back from a weekend at center parcs too so feeling very christmasy now grin

MrsHBaby3 Tue 01-Jan-13 19:25:48

Ive seen a chiropractor and its done wonders. spd managable now (I wouldnt say gone) and baby is happily moving around all the time, he or she gets hiccups really low in my pelvis, but has been all over my belly in last couple of weeks.

where does everyone else feel baby hiccups and what position is baby in?

apparently now the twist is gone in my pelvis, baby has more room. i'm pleased he or she is not transverse anymore, that was uncomfortable, but it was breech at last mw appt so i hope that wont last! next mw appt is on 9th and if mw thinks breech again, I will demand a scan.

NAR4 Thu 03-Jan-13 15:24:43

Hi MrsH how many weeks are you? At my last midwife appointment (32 weeks) midwife thought my baby was breech and has said if it isn't def head down by 36 weeks I will be given another scan to confirm breech position. I asked if I could still have a vb but she said def not if breech.

I feel what is like kicks really low down on my bladder, which I never had with other pregnancies, but can honestly say I have no idea if baby is breech or not. Not sure how well midwifes can actually tell either.

Just curious as to what you get told. Hope your baby turns head down, I have been doing the exercises on the spinning babies website (can't hurt).

Aldan Sun 06-Jan-13 12:51:32

This one is head down and has been for ages, still time to turn though! I feel hiccups really low and kicks in my ribs a lot.

Started packing hospital bags last night and got some baby things out of the loft. Consequently I have done far too much and today I can barely move, my back hurts so much. Back at work on Tuesday after a nice week off with DS not looking forward to it in this much pain hmm

Happy new year to everyone, hope you are all doing well smile

plonko Sun 06-Jan-13 22:39:30

Hi all, I've come to reintroduce myself. I haven't been on the antenatal boards since the beginning of the summer but as D-day (February 27th) looms ever nearer I increasingly find myself turning to Mumsnet to calm my nerves!

Am 26 years old, 33+4 with my first and starting to get anxious! I finished work two weeks ago- busy retail, exhausting, inflexible hours/boss and my blood pressure had shot up so I felt I had little choice in the matter! Now of course I feel ok again and have to find something to occupy my time grin.

How's everyone else getting along? I'm glad to say that besides being knackered and the joy of very jumpy legs every evening, it's all been nice and straightforward. I've had lots of comments about my 'neat, little bump', which cheers me up no end when I feel huge and grumpy!

Aldan Mon 07-Jan-13 21:51:02

Hi plonko, we have the same due date wink. However, I'm still trying to decide if I should try for VBAC or another section. Had an emergency section with DS nearly 5 years ago due to foetal distress and when I saw the consultant she said the same may or may not happen again so it's up to me whichever I decide. I really dint know what to do. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now